• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Baseball

Started by OB11, March 02, 2017, 10:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 11:24:07 am
The game Saturday is the one that matters.........I had a long discussion with a 6A coach, it's safe to say that no one likes this set-up, those at the top, or those at the bottom.

Yep...I just know the coach from Marion was not real happy with where they were seeded. When you're dealing with a subjective vote for seedings I don't think many people will be happy on a consistent basis.

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2017, 12:35:53 pm
Yep...I just know the coach from Marion was not real happy with where they were seeded. When you're dealing with a subjective vote for seedings I don't think many people will be happy on a consistent basis.

I agree 100 percent.  It is the worst way to seed.  Voting is nuts.  Some way your season should be more important than just allowing people to vote.

ricepig

April 26, 2017, 01:10:01 pm #302 Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:24:01 pm by ricepig
Quote from: T-Bone on April 26, 2017, 12:25:17 pm
What game Saturday?  Jonesboro plays Hall tomorrow (Thursday) at Jonesboro at 7:30 p.m.  Trying to beat the rain with the only day that even seems possible and that is not certain with all the rain in the forecast.

I was speaking of the WM/Marion tournament game which was originally scheduled for Saturday. As far as rain, it's spring time in Arkansas, this happens every year and it's effect on regional and state tournaments.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2017, 12:35:53 pm

Lol, the coaches aren't ever happy after these meetings. Usually it's over All-Star nominations, All-State, or invites to XI combine. This just adds one more layer. What was ridiculous was the late scheduling of some conference games, the fact that the conference schedule as a whole came out late, causing schools to scramble to find good non-conference games, and that it wasn't a true round robin.

OB11

The fact that there were conference games scheduled for after the meeting (or the meeting being scheduled before all conference games were played) was egregious. Especially 6A vs. 6A games. I could maybe understand 6A vs. 5A games being played after the meeting but not same classification games.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2017, 01:24:54 pm
The fact that there were conference games scheduled for after the meeting (or the meeting being scheduled before all conference games were played) was egregious. Especially 6A vs. 6A games. I could maybe understand 6A vs. 5A games being played after the meeting but not same classification games.

Exactly. Marion could have been playing at home instead of on the road. Im sure there were other instances where this was the case too. This game on Saturday is going to end someone's season, though. Doesn't make any sense to me.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 26, 2017, 01:28:05 pm
Exactly. Marion could have been playing at home instead of on the road. Im sure there were other instances where this was the case too. This game on Saturday is going to end someone's season, though. Doesn't make any sense to me.

No it won't, but lose again next Tuesday and your season will be over.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 01:50:56 pm

That is the only silver lining to this whole thing is that you have to lose twice before you're done.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2017, 01:24:54 pm

I guess they were trying to build some "rivalry" into the late games, but obviously a huge mistake on someone's part. What they need to do is find two 5A schools to move up, and let MH and Siloam Springs play in the 5A. If you throw out the trip to MH, the other sports aren't overly long for the East teams.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 01:57:32 pm
I guess they were trying to build some "rivalry" into the late games, but obviously a huge mistake on someone's part. What they need to do is find two 5A schools to move up, and let MH and Siloam Springs play in the 5A. If you throw out the trip to MH, the other sports aren't overly long for the East teams.

I am perfectly fine with the rivalry games being played late. But somewhere along the line someone had to have realized there could be seeding implications coming from those games.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 01:50:56 pm

Gotcha. I was under the impression that it was win or go home.

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 27, 2017, 10:29:39 am
Gotcha. I was under the impression that it was win or go home.

For the lower classifications it is set up like that.

Oldref

1A 3E district tournament at Bay today.

Semifinals
Bay 11 Ridgefield 1
Armorel over Rector

Finals
Bay 4-Armorel 3  Bay scored two runs in bottom of 7th for the walk off win.

Third place game Rector over Ridgefield

OB11

Quote from: Oldref on April 27, 2017, 10:35:17 pm

Semifinals
Bay 11 Ridgefield 1
Armorel over Rector

Finals

Congrats to Bay!

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on April 27, 2017, 10:35:17 pm

Semifinals
Bay 11 Ridgefield 1
Armorel over Rector

Finals
Congrats Bay

Oldref

Pretty impressive showing by Craighead County teams in this weeks district tournaments.

Bay won the 1A
BIC won the 2A
Riverside won the 3A
Westside won the 4A

NEAscout100

Bic and Sloan take over the 2a north regional. Play each other in a rematch of a 1 point Bic win at the district finals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas