• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Baseball

Started by OB11, March 02, 2017, 10:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: OB11 on March 30, 2017, 12:41:54 pm
Baseball is funny like that sometimes. I've seen pitchers throw no-hitter's and still lose. And teams hit line drives all game and the other team bloops a few hits and wins. Cruel game that way.

It is sometimes,  but we have a tight group, pitcher kept composure and gave teammates high fives coming in and off the field. Its a good group

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland at Marion tomorrow

Big Country

Corning has been doing pretty good it looks like, but I havn't seen them play

RedWolf275

Corning vs Riverside today at Lake City

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 16
Marion 7
Final

Brookland coach shook up the lineup

ricepig

Jonesboro 7
Beebe 1

Batesville tournament

T-Bone

Valley View beat Sheridan

Never saw that one coming.

Head Lion

Manila 13-0 over Woodland, Mo. Lions moved to 7-4 with their 6 straight win.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 31, 2017, 07:00:59 pm
Brookland 16
Marion 7
Final

Brookland coach shook up the lineup

Per Max preps Brookland had 17 hits last night
T Jones 4-5 in first start at 1B
C Stallings 2-4 in first start in RF
C Anderson 2-4 in first start in LF

ricepig

Jonesboro 11
White Hall 4

Batesville tournament

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2017, 01:09:42 pm
Jonesboro 11
White Hall 4

Batesville tournament

Good luck to the Cain!!

ricepig

Jonesboro 9
Valley View 4

Jonesboro wins the Pioneer Classic in Batesville.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2017, 08:24:01 pm
Jonesboro 9
Valley View 4

Jonesboro wins the Pioneer Classic in Batesville.

Congrats!!

ricepig

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 01, 2017, 09:16:49 pm
Congrats!!

Thanks, most figured Jonesboro would play Sheridan in the finals, but VV beat them in the first round.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2017, 09:40:59 pm
Thanks, most figured Jonesboro would play Sheridan in the finals, but VV beat them in the first round.

VV has a good club, we played them early in season

Head Lion

Manila with DH sweep over Rivercrest & EPC to move their win streak to 8!

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2017, 09:40:59 pm

Kind of glad that didn't happen. I think I'd rather have that game in the state tourney.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 03, 2017, 11:14:17 am
Kind of glad that didn't happen. I think I'd rather have that game in the state tourney.

It wouldn't have been ace vs ace, so I would have liked to have seen how they matched up.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on April 03, 2017, 12:25:19 pm
It wouldn't have been ace vs ace, so I would have liked to have seen how they matched up.

True. But I'm sure Jonesboro didn't mind having another chance to get a W against Valley View.  :)

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 03, 2017, 01:24:59 pm
True. But I'm sure Jonesboro didn't mind having another chance to get a W against Valley View.  :)

Haha, no doubt, always want to beat the View and Nettleton.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 03, 2017, 01:36:09 pm
Haha, no doubt, always want to beat the View and Nettleton.

Sheridan has a good team.  Yes it would have been good to go against them in the final game but it is always fun to play VV.  We have the pitching and the bats to compete with many good teams.  Our issue, and I do feel it will be addressed, are the errors in the field.  Way to many errors in most of the games we have played.  We always need to stay sharp in all areas but errors lose games.  I was watching another game at the time and only glancing over at the Sheridan/VV game.  It looked like Sheridan may have had a few to many that game.  Either way VV does have some talent and should get even better over the next few years.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 03, 2017, 04:47:22 pm
Sheridan has a good team.  Yes it would have been good to go against them in the final game but it is always fun to play VV.  We have the pitching and the bats to compete with many good teams.  Our issue, and I do feel it will be addressed, are the errors in the field.  Way to many errors in most of the games we have played.  We always need to stay sharp in all areas but errors lose games.  I was watching another game at the time and only glancing over at the Sheridan/VV game.  It looked like Sheridan may have had a few to many that game.  Either way VV does have some talent and should get even better over the next few years.

Clean play was probably the top reason Jonesboro won the title last year. Free bases and extra outs will make any good team, an average one.

Head Lion

Manila 14-3 over EPC, winning streak at 9. It will definitely be tested today.

OB11

Wynne @ Jonesboro today to play 2 varsity games.

Oldref

4-3-17  Bay 10 Trumann 2

4-4-17  Bay 13-EPC 3 in 5 innings

Bay is 8-4 

Redwolves8526

Varsity double header yesterday.

Game 1- Marion- 15 Paragould- 5

Game 2- Marion- 13 Paragould- 4

OB11

Jonesboro sweeps Wynne in two close games.

Game 1
Jonesboro 3
Wynne 1

Game 2
Jonesboro 7
Wynne 6

Game 2 ended with a walk off single for Jonesboro.

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 05, 2017, 10:51:53 am
Jonesboro sweeps Wynne in two close games.

Game 1
Jonesboro 3
Wynne 1

Game 2
Jonesboro 7
Wynne 6

Game 2 ended with a walk off single for Jonesboro.

Pitchers duel most of 1st game and it was a good close game.

More of a hitters game 2nd game.

Wynne has a quality team and it was good to play more quality like that.  Makes Jonesboro stronger.

OB11

Marion @ Jonesboro today. First 6A conference game for the Canes.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: OB11 on April 07, 2017, 12:51:10 pm

Cains by a lot!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland vs Hillcrest MO at Logans Rogersville 5:30
Brookland vs Logans Rogersville 7:30

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on April 07, 2017, 12:51:10 pm

4:30 game.  Should be good weather.  Hope JHS is in their game.  I do not know much about Marion.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on April 07, 2017, 02:53:06 pm
4:30 game.  Should be good weather.  Hope JHS is in their game.  I do not know much about Marion.

Brookland beat Marion 16-7 last week

Oldref

Bay and Hillcrest are going to play Saturday at Auto Zone Park in Memphis at 1pm. Should be fun for the players and fans of both schools to play in such a nice place. Going to be a nice day to watch them play plus visit the world famous Rendezvous for some BBQ ribs after the game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Hillcrest Mo 8
Brookland 1
F

ricepig

T-Bone

April 07, 2017, 09:46:47 pm #186 Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:51:49 am by T-Bone
Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2017, 08:57:45 pm
Jonesboro wins 3-2 in 9 innings.

I find the call in the 3rd inning very questionable.  Those two runners should have had to go back to 1st and 2nd.  I would like to understand this better.  If Blue behind the plate calls a ball a dead ball (by call or walking on field) and has his hands in the air, how can the runner on 2nd be awarded 3rd and the runner on 1st be awarded 2nd because they fast walked to the bases during that dead ball play?  He sent them back to the bases until the other coach argued and Blue quickly changed his mind and allowed them the bases.  Am I missing something?

I do give credit to Marion for stepping up with a challenge.  I also feel good about Jonesboro finishing a testing game like this.

I also say Jonesboro nor any team can expect to win many games with only 5 hits in 8 1/3 innings.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on April 07, 2017, 09:46:47 pm
I find the call in the 3rd inning very questionable.  Those two runners should have had to go back to 1st and 2nd.  I do give credit to Marion for stepping up with a challenge.  I also feel good about Jonesboro finishing a testing game like this.

I also say Jonesboro nor any team can expect to win many games with only 5 hits in 8 1/3 innings.

Yeah, the home plate ump completely blew that situation. When you come out on the field to ask for help from the other ump, time has been called, whether you verbally said it or not. The hitting has been sporadic at times this year, but a win beats the alternative.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2017, 10:12:44 pm
Yeah, the home plate ump completely blew that situation. When you come out on the field to ask for help from the other ump, time has been called, whether you verbally said it or not. The hitting has been sporadic at times this year, but a win beats the alternative.

You did this reply while I was editing mine.  I just don't understand the reasoning behind that call.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 5
Logans-Rogersville Mo 9
F

NEA Razorback olfan

Nettleton 2
Willard MO 13
F  at Hollister Mo

NEA Razorback olfan

April 08, 2017, 06:17:06 pm #191 Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:27:25 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 2
Poplar  Bluff 12
F

Tough weekend for the Bearcats

Oldref

Bay 11 Hillcrest 2 today at Autozone park in Memphis.

Head Lion

Tough week ahead for the Lions, Tues @ Gosnell, Thurs @ Dyersburg, Tn, Friday Marion @ Dyersburg and Saturday South Gipson, Tn @ Dyersburg.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: T-Bone on April 07, 2017, 10:15:57 pm
You did this reply while I was editing mine.  I just don't understand the reasoning behind that call.

There was no "dead ball" call from the umpire. The kid at the plate took off to first, like he got hit in the foot by the pitch. The umpire said the ball didn't hit him. But by that time, the runners on 1st and 2nd already jogged to the next base. That's when the umpire brought the batter back to the box. If there was no dead ball call, you can't make the runners go back. Jonesboro should have thrown one of them out when they realized there was no dead ball call. Now, the umpire did call time, but that was after the runners had already advanced and the batter was back in the box.

That is the best way I can explain it. Not saying I agree one way or the other. It was just a weird situation.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 10, 2017, 08:20:03 am
There was no "dead ball" call from the umpire. The kid at the plate took off to first, like he got hit in the foot by the pitch. The umpire said the ball didn't hit him. But by that time, the runners on 1st and 2nd already jogged to the next base. That's when the umpire brought the batter back to the box. If there was no dead ball call, you can't make the runners go back. Jonesboro should have thrown one of them out when they realized there was no dead ball call. Now, the umpire did call time, but that was after the runners had already advanced and the batter was back in the box.

That is the best way I can explain it. Not saying I agree one way or the other. It was just a weird situation.

Well, if I was from Marion, this would have been my explanation of it, too.   ::)

NEAscout100

Sloan plays Truman today.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2017, 10:00:31 am
Well, if I was from Marion, this would have been my explanation of it, too.   ::)

Lol, the kid ended up drawing a walk anyway. So the call was negated. However, I tried to look at that as unbiased as possible. Both teams had a legitimate argument.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 10, 2017, 10:13:57 am
Lol, the kid ended up drawing a walk anyway. So the call was negated. However, I tried to look at that as unbiased as possible. Both teams had a legitimate argument.

Yeah, but it cost our starting pitcher about 15 additional pitches, which put him out after the 6th inning. I agree, Jonesboro should have thrown the ball to third base and tagged out the guy walking to the base. The ump should have been verbal with his call and said, "no, you're right here" instead of letting the batter and the runners walk to the next base. Instead, he just walked out on the field, which should have stopped the play.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2017, 11:37:36 am
Yeah, but it cost our starting pitcher about 15 additional pitches, which put him out after the 6th inning. I agree, Jonesboro should have thrown the ball to third base and tagged out the guy walking to the base. The ump should have been verbal with his call and said, "no, you're right here" instead of letting the batter and the runners walk to the next base. Instead, he just walked out on the field, which should have stopped the play.

I have slept on it so I don't care anymore.  Maybe our team learned something from it though.  I didn't.  To have 9K but walk 3 and hit 2 was not normal in the least for that pitcher.  Bottom line is it will make him stronger.  Just glad JHS came through in the end. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas