• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DeQueen Football (filled - Stephen Sloan)

Started by coachsearch, February 10, 2017, 10:58:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

February 10, 2017, 10:58:06 am Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:39:41 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Is DeQueen open?

Look A Here

I heard it was yesterday.  Believe Kramer left for a Conway area school?

Tubz

Quote from: Look A Here on February 10, 2017, 10:59:59 am
I heard it was yesterday.  Believe Kramer left for a Conway area school?

Yes he did. He received a very good offer. Either one de queen couldn't match or one they didn't want to.

bassfisherman999

Pat Swilling

BLUEBLOOD

Excellent junior high teams that can't seem to translate to good senior high teams.  I know sometimes kids peak early, but that can't be the case every year......can it??

coachsearch

Katdaddy

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 15, 2017, 09:30:33 am
Excellent junior high teams that can't seem to translate to good senior high teams.  I know sometimes kids peak early, but that can't be the case every year......can it??
[/quote

I was curious, so i looked up their records from previous years. The best season they have had from 2000-2016 is 11 wins. It looks like it doesn't matter if they are in 4A or 5A.. I believe that in the 90's they were very good.

TNT_15

kosher33

Leopard

February 22, 2017, 02:23:51 pm #10 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:25:41 pm by Leopard
Coaching position has been filled by Stephen sloan ( he is also the current soccer head coach)

Katdaddy

Was he one of the Coordinators? Offense or Defense?

CaliKid

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 22, 2017, 05:12:39 pm
I may be mistaken but Idon't tink so.I think he coached Junior High. I'm pretty sure he's from there.

Leopard

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 22, 2017, 05:12:39 pm
He was junior high head coach and I believe offensive line Coach for senior high

Look A Here

Quote from: Leopard on February 22, 2017, 02:23:51 pm
Coaching position has been filled by Stephen sloan ( he is also the current soccer head coach)
Wow!! Who else interviewed? Seems to be pretty quick hire

Katdaddy

I did not see the job posted anywhere so it would be curious to see who all interviewed

Leopard

Quote from: Look A Here on February 23, 2017, 11:22:50 am
Wow!! Who else interviewed? Seems to be pretty quick hire
No idea. My personal opinion is that they decided to hire someone from within that would actually stay and turn the program around

RZback

Someone with little experience in high school football?  Because he will stay?    He is from there, right?

Leopard

Quote from: RZback on February 26, 2017, 09:54:32 pm
Someone with little experience in high school football?  Because he will stay?    He is from there, right?
He has been on the high school staff for years now. So he does have experience.  He is from here.  Hes a graduate of De Queen and has lived here as long as I have known.

RZback

Quote from: Leopard on February 27, 2017, 03:35:22 pm
He has been on the high school staff for years now. So he does have experience.  He is from here.  Hes a graduate of De Queen and has lived here as long as I have known.

He has been on the high school football staff?  I thought he was a junior high football coach and a high school soccer coach?

Leopard

Quote from: RZback on February 27, 2017, 08:36:04 pm
He has been on the high school football staff?  I thought he was a junior high football coach and a high school soccer coach?

He has been for the past 3-4 years. Once Justin Kramer came, they went to  "one staff" where all the coaches that were junior and senior high coached both junior and senior high so they would all be on the same page.

mriderpride84

Coach Sloan just got himself a great D.C. Can't wait to watch y'all when you come to Hot Springs.

gameoflife

Who is the new DC?  Whats his background?

tmycjy

Yes what offense and defense formations dose he run

mriderpride84

Coach Amerson is new D.C. He has been an OC and D.C. Been coaching 10-11 years. Was at McGehee for 5 or 6 years won a lot of ball games. He took a horrible Marshall team and turned them around. I know him pretty well he is a little crazy but kids should respond well to his style. Don't let his rough countryness fool you he almost has a doctorate degree and is extremely intelligent.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mriderpride84 on June 16, 2017, 11:35:58 am
Coach Amerson is new D.C. He has been an OC and D.C. Been coaching 10-11 years. Was at McGehee for 5 or 6 years won a lot of ball games. He took a horrible Marshall team and turned them around. I know him pretty well he is a little crazy but kids should respond well to his style. Don't let his rough countryness fool you he almost has a doctorate degree and is extremely intelligent.

When was he at Marshall?

mriderpride84

Wahls

Love Coach Sloan. Just an all around awesome guy that loves De Queen. I hope he does a great job. He's been paying his dues since I was knee-high to a gee-raffe. Whatever that means.

I've seen the photos of the minor facelift that Sloan and co have put on the fieldhouse and saw that they've redone the locker rooms - which looked pretty dang awesome.

One great thing about Coach Sloan is that his ego will never get in the way of his decision making. If you've got a great idea, he's all ears and isn't afraid to pass the credit around. He's not married to his ideas and isn't afraid to be flexible. It's part of the reason why his junior high teams were always so good.

Leopard

Quote from: Wahls on July 15, 2017, 02:51:21 am
Love Coach Sloan. Just an all around awesome guy that loves De Queen. I hope he does a great job. He's been paying his dues since I was knee-high to a gee-raffe. Whatever that means.

I've seen the photos of the minor facelift that Sloan and co have put on the fieldhouse and saw that they've redone the locker rooms - which looked pretty dang awesome.

One great thing about Coach Sloan is that his ego will never get in the way of his decision making. If you've got a great idea, he's all ears and isn't afraid to pass the credit around. He's not married to his ideas and isn't afraid to be flexible. It's part of the reason why his junior high teams were always so good.
I wouldn't call it minor.  The WHOLE thing has been redone and is still a work in progress.  Lots and lots of man hours.  This is just we need, a new and fresh start and look.

GuvHog

Quote from: Leopard on July 16, 2017, 01:47:58 pm
I wouldn't call it minor.  The WHOLE thing has been redone and is still a work in progress.  Lots and lots of man hours.  This is just we need, a new and fresh start and look.

Maybe he'll push to have the grass field replaced with Turf.

Wahls

Quote from: Leopard on July 16, 2017, 01:47:58 pm

C'mon now. You can't say something like that and not post pics!

Okieback

Quote from: Leopard on February 28, 2017, 11:13:17 am
He has been for the past 3-4 years. Once Justin Kramer came, they went to  "one staff" where all the coaches that were junior and senior high coached both junior and senior high so they would all be on the same page.

So other than Fieldhouse improvements , what else is/has changed so far?
He's been off staff for a while, so did the school really want something different?

Leopard

Quote from: Okieback on July 24, 2017, 09:46:02 am
So other than Fieldhouse improvements , what else is/has changed so far?
He's been off staff for a while, so did the school really want something different?
Practices and weights in the afternoon since majority of players work in the mornings. In the past, there was no understanding that a lot of the kids have to work to help out the household. This understanding has led to more players showing up. The offense has went back to a more simplified offense I guess you would call it. (Kramer had a very difficult and complex offense that a lot of players had trouble comprehending) 3 new coaches are here. That should add a new spark. There are other small projects going around the stadium as well. (Clearing brush that's in the way of fence surround stadium for example.)
On your comment about him being off staff for a while, I'm going to assume you meant on staff?   Sloan is a coach who is willing to take suggestions from his assistant coaches and doesn't have the ego to only do things his way if they aren't working.  With that said, he is also a De Queen native and is very attached to the community.  He has also gotten the others coaches to do their share of the fieldwork and other work concerning a program besides just coaching.  With all that said, I personally think the school wanted someone who would stick around and pour their heart into this program and not just have a coach that will stay around 3-4 years and leave and then have to start over.   Only time will tell how it works out.

Beardad

Sloan has been (back) at DeQueen for 17 years.....

Wahls

Quote from: Leopard on July 25, 2017, 05:44:50 pmSloan is a coach who is willing to take suggestions from his assistant coaches and doesn't have the ego to only do things his way if they aren't working.

Bingo. And I completely agree with this assessment.

It is such an important and underrated quality in any collaborative environment.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas