• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a-4 district

Started by Bigditchlion, February 06, 2017, 05:56:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redrider30

Typical screwed up mess by the AAA. Shouldn't have suggestions. They should tell everyone in the state the rules and everyone follow them. It really shouldn't be that hard.

BoxNOne

Quote from: redrider30 on February 09, 2017, 11:42:54 am
What is totally screwed up is that some districts give bye's that get teams to the regional and some don't. AAA should have standard rules when the post season starts so that every team is playing by the same rules. But AAA doing anything that makes any sense is asking way too much. Example teams driving 150 miles or more to play in a district tournament. Glad they saved us on travel this year. 152 miles to district Tournament, 143 miles to Regional Tournament and 149 miles to State Tournament. It's 180 miles  from EPC to Cotter for District Tournament.

Redrider, after reading these travel distances I am kind of glad Riverside moved up to 3A. I'd rather drive 35 minutes to Osceola as 3 hours to Cotter. You and your fellow 2A-2 members have safe travels.

STATGUYQHS

2A-4E Girls @ Quitman
White County Central Defeats Jacksonvile Game 1  Will play Quitman Girls.
2A-4E Boys
Quitman defeats Conway Christian Game 1 Quitman will play White County Central

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

WCC 53-50 over Quitman

Quitman girls won big over WCC
CCS girls by 15ish over csj

Mj4465

Quitman girls over WCC 82-38
WCC over Quitman boys by 3
CCS girlsover St Joe

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Mj4465 on February 13, 2017, 09:09:01 pm
Quitman girls over WCC 82-38
WCC over Quitman boys by 3
CCS girlsover St Joe
Jacksonville LH over Bigelow.

bigworm

What was that JL bigelow score? Boys

Cheek

STATGUYQHS

Lighthouse Vs Bigelow  Bigelow had so many shots that went in and right back out last night it was horrifying to watch!  Lighthouse was the better team in the end.  Quitman vs White County Central was the game of the night, WCC Coach decided with a 11 point lead with just under 5 minutes to go to run a four corner stall and it almost cost him the game, Quitman had 2 different chances to tie it with a three and the last second shot just missed!  Best game of the night!

STATGUYQHS

Tuesday February 14th 2a-4 District Games
4:00 Girls England VS Hector
5:15 Boys England VS Hector
6:30 Girls Pangburn VS Bigelow
7:45 Boys Pangburn VS St Joe

Safe trips to Quitman!

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Quote from: STATGUYQHS on February 14, 2017, 11:31:05 am
Tuesday February 14th 2a-4 District Games
4:00 Girls England VS Hector
5:15 Boys England VS Hector
6:30 Girls Pangburn VS Bigelow
7:45 Boys Pangburn VS St Joe

Safe trips to Quitman!
[/quote
Just got word that Hector girls beat England 82 - 60. Lady Wildcats apparently showed up ready to play. They may be the team to look out for.

BigLion10

England boys beat Hector play lighthouse tomorrow night

Bigditchlion

BigLion10

Cheek

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 14, 2017, 07:43:20 pm
66-57

Played like a S$&t.  Hats off to Hector as they came to play and we didn't.

Bigditchlion

Jl vs England will be a great game. Both are extremely fast!!

HorseFeathers

Conway st Joe beat pangburn

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 14, 2017, 06:53:50 pm
England boys beat Hector play lighthouse tomorrow night
The game seemed like a football game in 2nd half. Refs let just about everything go! Proud of Hector for fighting the way they did! Also congrats to the Hector SR Girls for showing up and showing out tonight!

Cheek

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on February 14, 2017, 09:51:49 pm
The game seemed like a football game in 2nd half. Refs let just about everything go! Proud of Hector for fighting the way they did! Also congrats to the Hector SR Girls for showing up and showing out tonight!

Hector Boys and Girls did play good tonight.  Both teams shot the ball extremely well. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Cheek on February 14, 2017, 10:07:56 pm
Hector Boys and Girls did play good tonight.  Both teams shot the ball extremely well.
Me and worm was talking, if Tanner hadn't fouled out then the end of boys game could've been interesting

Wildcatalumni21

I just think this whole mixed conference crap is ridiculous! Granted Hector didn't play a stout conference but they won their conference and was the 6 seed in the tourney. AAA has really screwed basketball up, what was wrong with the system and format that has ALWAYS been in place?

Missco

It got screwed up when they went to 7 classes in bb. Way too many

Cheek

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on February 15, 2017, 12:28:46 am
I just think this whole mixed conference crap is ridiculous! Granted Hector didn't play a stout conference but they won their conference and was the 6 seed in the tourney. AAA has really screwed basketball up, what was wrong with the system and format that has ALWAYS been in place?

I agree 100 percent. What are the odds of England and Hector playing in both boys and girls.  The. AAA expects these Coaches to do what's right, but they are going to do what is best for their teams. 

Bigditchlion

It seems like the AAA goes out of its way to over complicate things. The Old system worked fine. Football, basketball and baseball should all match to create rivalries. Coaches can't decide the bracket and who is what seed, too many variables. Undefeated team that beats weaker opponents vs teams with a few loses in a tougher conference argument. The Only way to decide this is head to head matchups through conference play. All coaches want to get a easy road to regionals.

jyd2205

Yes I agree need to play everybody. This district is very tough. There will be some good teams that are at home like hector Bigelow and Pangburn in boys. 

mrscoach

Quote from: teachers pet on February 09, 2017, 02:56:15 pm
District 3A-4 gave 1st round byes to #1 and 2 seeds, Lamar and Jessieville, both automatically qualify for region

Only six teams in the conference tournament so that happened naturally.

STATGUYQHS

Wednesday 15 Feb 2017
2a-4 Semifinals
4:00 Girls  Quitman VS Hector
5:15 Boys  White County Central VS St Joseph
6:30 Girls  Conway Christian VS Pangburn
7:45 Boys Jacksonville VS England

Safe Trips to Quitman!

Cheek1

Hector boys came to play, Tanner is a stud, great athlete, others shot 3 and keep game close, different team than we played in England, hector girls are solid and good luck of the draw in regional

Rackjack74

Girls
Quitman 32
Hector 10
Halftime

Rackjack74

Girls Semi
Quitman 66
Hector 36
Final

bigworm

Rackjack74

Boys Semi
WCC 52
Conway St Joe 48
Final

Got carried away and didn't post halftime score.

Mj4465

Rackjack74

Girls Semi
Conway Christian 61
Pangburn 44
Final

Rackjack74

Boys Semi
Lighthouse 35
England 31
Halftime

Baller2121

Starting the 4th 58-40 lighthouse

Rackjack74

Boys Semi
Lighthouse 74
England 56
Final

bigworm

Really didnt think it was possible for us (england) to play worse defense in the secomd half than we did the first half. But somehow we did. Haha. Lighthouse wont lose another game if they shoot it like they did tonight. 

Baller2121

Wasn't impressed by England tonight. Thought they played horrible defense and play their big kid way out of position on both ends of the court. Don't understand why they were trying to pick up light house players at half court either when they were just driving right past them. The Coach has to make that adjustment. I do also think that lighthouse played over their head tonight and made shots they don't usually make. Gunna be an exciting game tomorrow night between wcc and lighthouse. I've seen wcc play some great defense and am excited to see them match up with lighthouse. Also think that wcc has a pretty good coach he had some good play calls tonight and got his kids to play some great defense.

Mr. Trill

February 16, 2017, 02:26:49 am #90 Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:30:17 am by Mr. Trill
Hmmm...

BigLion10

Yea England played one of the worst games I've seen in a while last night and lighthouse was lights out shooting. Congrats to the wolves

STATGUYQHS

Thursday 16 Feb 2017
2a-4 3rd Place Games
4:00 Girls  Hector VS Pangburn 
5:15 Boys  St Joseph VS England

Finals
6:30 Girls  Quitman VS Conway Christian
7:45 Boys  White County Central VS Jacksonville

Safe Trips to Quitman!

dc3

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on February 15, 2017, 12:28:46 am

The mixed conference isn't the best system.. but the coaches of the teams who play each other in district should have gotten together and decided it was a requirement that each team play the other team's in their district at least 1 time. This is what the district teams did for baseball and softball in the west. (But I think they might have learned that from no district in basketball doing it.) I don't know that it's a terrible situation.. just has to be learned from.

Bildo

Problem is that I'm pretty sure that you are stuck with this decision until the next cycle... which is two more years

Bigditchlion

Wcc vs jl. Predictons on score?

bigworm

Will be closer than JL thinks. WCC wont play as bad as we (england) did last night. And im certain adjustments will be made. If WCC plays really well and JL struggles it is a WCC 1 seed. But my money would be on JL if i was a betting man.

HorseFeathers

Hector girls up 1 at the half in Pangburn in the consolation match

HorseFeathers

Pangburn wins 31-30 on a (reported) buzzer beater....

PANGBURN girls take the 3 seed Hector the 4 seed

Rackjack74

Boys Consolation
England 38
Conway St Joe 36
Final

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas