• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monticello girls beat Hamburg 91-10

Started by Sports Guru, February 01, 2017, 07:47:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

Monticello led 57-8 at half that should have been the mercy rule. But Monticello still scored 33 more and won 91-10. Why would a coach let it get this bad?

LRRandy

Somebody was mad at somebody at Hamburg. That's not a very nice thing to do.

ABC™

Bluegoatfan

I was at the game to watch my niece play. So we make this clear, the starters played 4 minutes in the first & 4 minutes in the second. I remember this because my niece started. MHS stopped pressing early in the second quarter and played half court basketball. The third string entered the game late in the third quarter and played the rest of the game. Nobody was trying to run up the score. And I doubt anyone is mad at Hamburg. MHS second team is pretty good and could beat a lot of team's starters.and the third bunch played their tails off too when the got some extended playing time.

Billie Blue

Quote from: Bluegoatfan on February 03, 2017, 03:55:11 pm
I was at the game to watch my niece play. So we make this clear, the starters played 4 minutes in the first & 4 minutes in the second. I remember this because my niece started. MHS stopped pressing early in the second quarter and played half court basketball. The third string entered the game late in the third quarter and played the rest of the game. Nobody was trying to run up the score. And I doubt anyone is mad at Hamburg. MHS second team is pretty good and could beat a lot of team's starters.and the third bunch played their tails off too when the got some extended playing time.
I was there also and that is exactly the way I seen it also so no need to bash Monticello coach you can't tell the second and third string girls not to play hard because as you said our second string could start for a lot of other teams

eagle1

Starters should have been pulled sooner and at some point you stop shooting. Just run your offense. No reason to beat someone like this.

NewRecruit

Subs practice everyday just as hard as the starters.  When you pull your starters you cannot expect the subs to just lay down.  They have the right to show what they can do as well. 

eagle1

Then pull your starters earlier. There is no reason to beat someone by 81 in a high school girls basketball game. I would love to see the heated discussion if this would have been a private school doing this.

RedWolf275

I see no need to press at all when you are that much better than someone. Coach had to know going in he was going to win big.

NEA Razorback olfan

What goes around ... Eventually comes around

BIGGOAT60

Way to go Monticello it's too many softies complaining they won big deal. . Hamburg needs to try harder next time  lol

ArkansasSportsFan

The starters only played 8 minutes and some of you had a problem with that? That's ridiculous.

Bulldog92

February 14, 2017, 03:57:17 pm #12 Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:00:37 pm by Bulldog92
Maybe just maybe you posters might need to quit worrying about why a team beat another that bad and start wondering why the team is getting beat that bad!!

LRRandy

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 14, 2017, 03:57:17 pm
Maybe just maybe you posters might need to quit worrying about why a team beat another that bad and start wondering why the team is getting beat that bad!!
theres no valor in humiliating someone. It doesn't matter how bad they are or how supremely talented your  third team is. At some point you can choose to show some class. The choice here was obvious.

hsindian

Yes. The coach should have had his 3rd team just hold the ball on offense and not even try to score. Tell the other team they're so awful that we're not even going to play anymore just stand here and hold the ball.

Bulldog92

Have the two of you not read the post from the ones that were at the game??  The starters played 8 minutes total!!  There is nothing else the coach could have done, he played everyone. It's the responsibility of the Hamburg coach to have their team ready to play. It's not the responsibility of the Monticello coach to feel sorry for an opposing team, he has to prepare his team for the post season and they cant do that sitting out an entire game because we feel sorry for another team!!!

hsindian

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 15, 2017, 06:47:20 pm
Have the two of you not read the post from the ones that were at the game??  The starters played 8 minutes total!!  There is nothing else the coach could have done, he played everyone. It's the responsibility of the Hamburg coach to have their team ready to play. It's not the responsibility of the Monticello coach to feel sorry for an opposing team, he has to prepare his team for the post season and they cant do that sitting out an entire game because we feel sorry for another team!!!
I was being sarcastic in my post but sometimes it doesn't translate to the screen very well.

MDXPHD

Bulldog92

Quote from: hsindian on February 15, 2017, 09:16:48 pm
I was being sarcastic in my post but sometimes it doesn't translate to the screen very well.
Apologize for the misunderstanding!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas