• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA limiting Varsity roster in the 7-A ?

Started by piggy, February 01, 2017, 05:31:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

piggy

I have heard the AAA has limited teams to dressing 17 kids at the Varsity level.

Is this true ?

If it is, why so ?

OB11

Quote from: piggy on February 01, 2017, 05:31:49 pm
I have heard the AAA has limited teams to dressing 17 kids at the Varsity level.

Is this true ?

If it is, why so ?

The season starts in about 3 weeks and this is the first I've heard of it. I don't see how they could make 7A do it and not everyone else.

T-Bone

bobcat72476

Sounds like a coach may have wanted to pass the buck onto the AAA!!!!

Made

That would put a serious dent in woodlawns roster if lower classes could only keep 17

big E

Asked the baseball coach at PW and he told me that you can dress 20 for Varsity. And as many as you want for jv.

jr17

There's no way this is official. If it is it can't be just for 7A

OB11

I have never heard of any limit on the number of kids you can dress for varsity games.  Not saying I know every rule in the book, but I've been around.  If this is on the books somewhere does anyone have a link?

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on February 03, 2017, 01:41:01 pm
I have never heard of any limit on the number of kids you can dress for varsity games.  Not saying I know every rule in the book, but I've been around.  If this is on the books somewhere does anyone have a link?

Yeah, I don't think there's a limit on how many you can dress, there may be something for state tournament play, though. I remember playing Catholic one time and it seemed they had about 30-35 crammed into their dugout.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2017, 05:19:18 pm
Yeah, I don't think there's a limit on how many you can dress, there may be something for state tournament play, though. I remember playing Catholic one time and it seemed they had about 30-35 crammed into their dugout.
Current 7A scheduling calls for home & home games with a varsity game and jv game.  The travelling team is going to have everyone, V & JV in the dugout throughout both games.  So they probably did have that many in there.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 13, 2017, 01:52:06 pm
Current 7A scheduling calls for home & home games with a varsity game and jv game.  The travelling team is going to have everyone, V & JV in the dugout throughout both games.  So they probably did have that many in there.

Well, this was about 6-7 years ago, and it was just a varsity game, so yeah, they did.

dirtbagbaseball

I had been under the impression that for postseason (state tournament, etc.) you had a limit of 20 eligible to play from your roster at that time.

Chester A. Arthur

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on February 15, 2017, 11:11:32 am
I had been under the impression that for postseason (state tournament, etc.) you had a limit of 20 eligible to play from your roster at that time.

If I remember right the info sheet that coaches get from the AAA for state tournaments states (or stated) that 20 players could be in uniform, but, as far as I know, it's never been enforced.

Rumpelstiltskin

Quote from: Chester A. Arthur on February 15, 2017, 10:01:57 pm
If I remember right the info sheet that coaches get from the AAA for state tournaments states (or stated) that 20 players could be in uniform, but, as far as I know, it's never been enforced.

What year were you there?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas