• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fouke Baseball

Started by BigFoot, January 24, 2017, 07:40:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFoot

Thankfully the basketball season will soon end and baseball will begin! I'm excited to see what this year has in store for the Panthers baseball team! Lots of talent from the 9th grade class and a few transfers in other grades! We have a great coach in Coach Requarth and some talented seniors! It should be a great season!

ReddieOrNot

Yes finally baseball season is almost here.  I'm interested to see how that Panthers will do this season.  Who are the Panthers key returning players this year and who will be the Ace of the pitching staff?  Good luck to the Diamond Panthers this season!

BigFoot

January 24, 2017, 10:24:16 am #2 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:07:35 pm by BigFoot
Quote from: JoJoFromFouke on January 24, 2017, 09:56:51 am
As long as he plays my kid at shortstop I don't care how good the team plays

ARTexan

Hey big foot, I'm Jojo. I don't know who decided to use my name. I don't have a problem letting anyone know who I am on here.

ARTexan

Quote from: JoJoFromFouke on January 24, 2017, 09:56:51 am
As long as he plays my kid at shortstop I don't care how good the team plays

I really don't know why anyone would use someone else's name on here. You're ridiculous!

baseball man

That is very childish. That don't say to much, for someone to do THAT and to talk about a child too!!!!!!!!!!TRASHY!!

BigFoot

Quote from: ARTexan on January 24, 2017, 12:10:02 pm
Hey big foot, I'm Jojo. I don't know who decided to use my name. I don't have a problem letting anyone know who I am on here.

I know who you are and I didn't think that was something you would say. I was a little confused.

ARTexan

Quote from: baseball man on January 24, 2017, 01:33:09 pm
That is very childish. That don't say to much, for someone to do THAT and to talk about a child too!!!!!!!!!!TRASHY!!
Yep, some people just can't help themselves. Being anonymous makes people forget how to act.... Or they just thinks it's ok to be idiots!

baseball man

Or are just natural born idiots!!!!!!!!!!! :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

RabidWolf

Fouke should be very good, in a tough district. I think everybody is playing for 3rd behind horatio and GC, although genoa wasn't as strong last year. Moreland is tough to beat.

I'm guessing Fouke will look to J Parker as the ace?

ReddieOrNot

Seen the Parker kid pitch this summer, he pitched pretty well. Seemed to lose focus in the later innings but a very solid pitcher. Also saw the Rawlinson kid play, very solid hitter that works the count and looks to go middle/other way. Any newcomers for the Panthers this year?

BigFoot

Quote from: ReddieOrNot on January 25, 2017, 12:16:32 pm
Seen the Parker kid pitch this summer, he pitched pretty well. Seemed to lose focus in the later innings but a very solid pitcher. Also saw the Rawlinson kid play, very solid hitter that works the count and looks to go middle/other way. Any newcomers for the Panthers this year?

There are some good players in the Freshman class with some potential. There is a junior from Arkansas High, Austin Lawrence, that has talent. I think it will be a good season from the Panthers!

ARTexan

Hey Bigfoot, what freshmen do u think might make varsity? There is a lot of kids returning. I think it's going to be tough for them to make it. I do agree, that is going to be a good class for sure. I think our varsity team will be solid, and our JV will be hard to match.

BigFoot

Quote from: ARTexan on January 29, 2017, 07:16:19 pm
Hey Bigfoot, what freshmen do u think might make varsity? There is a lot of kids returning. I think it's going to be tough for them to make it. I do agree, that is going to be a good class for sure. I think our varsity team will be solid, and our JV will be hard to match.

I think that Larey, Tyler Lawrence and Lansdell will make it, as long as Lansdell's arm is ok. I think there are a few more that could surprise some people and get a spot. Too many kids for not enough spots is a good problem to have, don't you agree?

ARTexan

Yes I agree! I saw about 25 kid's throwing the other day. Lots of young kids playing.

panther86

Bigfoot can you name  the few that may suprise us??  I've been around most of them some really good ballplayers in that class. Don't know about the pitching do you???

BigFoot

Quote from: panther86 on January 30, 2017, 01:12:37 pm
Bigfoot can you name  the few that may suprise us??  I've been around most of them some really good ballplayers in that class. Don't know about the pitching do you???

Hobson, Richardson, Scoggins and Crabtree have a chance to snag a spot. I wouldn't count them out, just yet.

BigFoot

Quote from: panther86 on January 30, 2017, 01:12:37 pm

As far as pitching, with your son being a senior, you probably know more than me on that one. Should be a good year for the Panthers!

ReddieOrNot

Sounds like the panthers could have a good year. What does everyone think about the new split conference this year?

ARTexan

I like the split conference. And I like that we will have district tournaments again. Pitching will be tough with the pitch count this year. Hopefully there will be a few 9th graders come in that can pitch. I don't know any of them that pitch.

Rumpelstiltskin

If Fouke is relying on 9th graders to take them somewhere this year, good luck... ::)
It's not saying a whole lot, but most 9th graders haven't even used a -3 bat before!

The split conference did nothing positive for anyone. Added travel miles for half the schools, didn't lessen travel like it wasn't intended.

ARTexan

We will have a few 9th graders make varsity. I don't think we are depending on them to take us anywhere. We are returning 8 starters from last year. We are just hoping some of these youngsters can get a innings here or there. The pitch count will be a factor this year for every team. Unless you have 4 studs. As for the split conferences, it didn't really affect us. We play all these teams every year anyway.

panther86

I agree we should have a good year this year an the next few years. As far as the 9th grade class there is a few that will help. But it's a big jump from youth ball to high school. It's been a lot of hard work to get our program back looking good can't wait to see how this year plays out.  High expectations here!!

ReddieOrNot

I really don't like the split conference but I do like they they brought back the conference tournament. So glad baseball season is almost here!

MonsterBaseball15

Quote from: ARTexan on January 31, 2017, 08:09:12 am
I like the split conference. And I like that we will have district tournaments again. Pitching will be tough with the pitch count this year. Hopefully there will be a few 9th graders come in that can pitch. I don't know any of them that pitch.

I have no idea how you can like the new split conferences. Fouke finished at the bottom of the old conference every year, and the split conference is even tougher. I am guessing another year of not making the Regionals are in store this year.

ARTexan

We've been to regionals the last two years?!?!

RabidWolf

Look like an almost sure thing Gurdon finishes last. I'm sure horatio wins it. Guess GC is the popular pick for 2. So the battles between fouke CP and Prescott will be interesting. How's Cossatot?

ReddieOrNot

February 07, 2017, 09:37:50 pm #27 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:13:50 am by ReddieOrNot
Fouke is usually in the running to finish 3rd or 4th in the conference. They also made it to Regionals 2011-2013. But now with a conference tournament who knows how everything will play out.

Rumpelstiltskin

Quote from: MonsterBaseball15 on February 07, 2017, 01:35:38 pm
I have no idea how you can like the new split conferences. Fouke finished at the bottom of the old conference every year, and the split conference is even tougher. I am guessing another year of not making the Regionals are in store this year.

Fouke doesn't need to compete with Nashville, Ashdown, and Mena to make it to the Regional Tournament.  The blended conference means nothing for that.

Rumpelstiltskin

Quote from: ReddieOrNot on February 07, 2017, 09:37:50 pm
Fouke is usually in the running to finish 3rd or 4th in the conference. They also made it to Regionals 2011-2013. But know with a conference tournament who knows how everything will play out.

Yeah I don't see why there was even a post started for this third or fourth place finisher.  Lets talk one and two.

panther86

Good chance were talking about the 1 or 2 team on this tread

RabidWolf

I can't see fouke finishing one, I'm not completely sold on what genoa will be when Moreland isn't on the hill.

But we've discussed every conference team. So maybe that's what you mean. 

I hope anyway.

Rumpelstiltskin

I don't see a one finisher either but I guess you never know. I'd really like for someone to fill me in on the big improvements to the program that you all talk about.  Prescott surprised everyone last year too.  And I believe Prescott and Fouke open up early so that may be something to tell us right off the bat.

Chester A. Arthur

Quote from: RabidWolf on February 07, 2017, 07:04:55 pm
Look like an almost sure thing Gurdon finishes last. I'm sure horatio wins it. Guess GC is the popular pick for 2. So the battles between fouke CP and Prescott will be interesting. How's Cossatot?

Horatio lost 5 senior starters, the top 3 pitchers, and 4 of their top 5 hitters.  It's foolish to think they're a sure bet.

MonsterBaseball15

Quote from: Chester A. Arthur on February 15, 2017, 10:11:10 pm
Horatio lost 5 senior starters, the top 3 pitchers, and 4 of their top 5 hitters.  It's foolish to think they're a sure bet.

What's foolish is to get on here and talk about stuff you have no idea about. There's a chance that they will be better than last year with the 5 transfers they got. One being a future razorback who is probably the best pitcher in 3A

RabidWolf

Also had a dequeen transfer who's a very talented arm. So there's 2 very good arms, one being one of the best in Arkansas. Parker Smith and Izzo can both really hit. The shortstop returns, the LF returns. I think Spigner will have them in great shape as always.

Rumpelstiltskin

Who is the Dequeen transfer?  And who is Parker Smith? Horatio lost some of the best players in Arkansas already, don't tell me they'll be better.

RabidWolf

Dequeen name slips me. Parker Smith was there 1B last year. Big LH kid. Transfered in from Foreman last year, as did Beasley this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas