• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohanon got 1st SEC offer

Started by Donnie Jamon, January 16, 2017, 03:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Quote from: Dogg on May 16, 2017, 10:16:02 am
Committing to Mississippi St.

My guess was either there or Georgia. Gotta stay a Bulldog! Haha

mr.gametime

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 16, 2017, 08:49:44 am

If I had this athlete's ear,
because he may not be aware, that five or six years ago, there was one of the states most talented RB's out of NLR, that, for whatever reason, chose Bama over Arkansas. The glitter soon wore off in his first year there, and he was gone before he barley got settled in. Transferred to Nichol's State, and soon after was in a car wreck and it was over. I would tell him, do not let pride steer your decision. Who cares when Arkansas offered. The fact is, they did. Stay where you have a fan base. This process goes fast, and it can chew you up, and spit you out, and leave you with nothing for all of your effort.   just sayin'...

1st he transferred to UNLV and got in trouble and dismissed from there football team...then he ended up at nicholas state

Mr. Trill

Who committing to Miss State? 🤔👀

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Mr. Trill on May 17, 2017, 12:46:05 am

Yeah... I'm not taking any word for it until Bohanon officially announces it Friday...

mr.gametime

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 17, 2017, 02:40:31 am
Yeah... I'm not taking any word for it until Bohanon officially announces it Friday...

People are just saying that because 247 have him picking Mississippi state in there crystal ball prediction

Dogg

No I'm saying it because that's what will happen on Friday

mr.gametime

If you guys haven't heard...he has changed his mind and will not announce his decision friday...but instead will release his top 5 and make a decision at a later date.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 17, 2017, 09:45:45 pm
If you guys haven't heard...he has changed his mind and will not announce his decision friday...but instead will release his top 5 and make a decision at a later date.
Intere$ting

Mr. Trill

Facts, via Twitter his top 5 will come this Friday spoken from his own tweet

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Mr. Trill on May 18, 2017, 01:09:28 pm
Facts, via Twitter his top 5 will come this Friday spoken from his own tweet
So he is going to tweet from his own twitter?

Dogg

Jimbo Morphis

NEark tigers

Great decision, Mr. Bohannon...

Take your time and continue to enjoy the process...

Mr. Trill

He announced his 6 schools 4 hours ago via Twitter. Arkansas, Baylor, Ole Miss, Cardinals, Miss State and UG

AirWarren

I'm thinking ole miss or miss state snag him.

mr.gametime

Why would he have Baylor or Ole Miss in his final 6 with all the B.S they got going on at them 2 programs right now...both will probably be on some type of NCAA probation soon for rule violations.

Pit Bull

Bohanan has received an invite this week to the Nike Elite11 QB Camp and was nominated as one the potential participants of the 2018 United States Army All-American Bowl. This thing is getting bigger and bigger each week. Stay healthy and humble young son and go for your dreams... Wow!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.gametime on May 20, 2017, 11:08:24 pm
Why would he have Baylor or Ole Miss in his final 6 with all the B.S they got going on at them 2 programs right now...both will probably be on some type of NCAA probation soon for rule violations.
My$tery

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Mr. Trill on May 17, 2017, 12:46:05 am

Miss State just got a commitment from a 4* dual threat QB from Sachse, TX.  Might rule State out for Bohannon, but you never know. I'm looking for Louisville to make a strong push for him.

Proud Buckaroo

Bohanon invited to Elite 11.

He is one of 24 QBs invited. 

Jimbo Morphis

So it's really not the Elite 11?

riccoar

Quote from: AirWarren on May 20, 2017, 10:04:55 pm
I'm thinking ole miss or miss state snag him.
Any recruit going to Ole Miss would shock me.  Self-imposed post-season ban and probably more sanctions coming.

HorseFeathers

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: riccoar on May 25, 2017, 07:20:38 am
Any recruit going to Ole Miss would shock me.  Self-imposed post-season ban and probably more sanctions coming.
$$$$$$$$$$$

Pit Bull

May 26, 2017, 12:31:01 pm #175 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:38:25 am by Pit Bull
$$$$$$$$ is not a concern or factor in this process for this kid, his father is already Good... Try again Old Guy...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 26, 2017, 12:31:01 pm
$$$$$$$$ is not a concern or factor in this process for this kid, his father is already a rich Israelite... Try again Old Guy...
Any recruit is more than just Mr. Bohannon dog guy.

Mr. Trill

Haven't heard his name in any articles but does anyone know how Bohanon has done at the Elite 11?

Dogg

Today was the first day at the Elite

Big Boy

247 now reflects 100% Baylor. It has been updated within the past day or so.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Big Boy on June 27, 2017, 07:58:51 pm

I never go by those things. I have seen so many crystal ball predictions be wrong.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Big Boy on June 27, 2017, 07:58:51 pm

This is from an interview earlier today.

Bohanon appeared to be ready to announce his college decision on May 19, but had a change of heart and announced his top six schools of Arkansas, Mississippi State, Louisville, Ole Miss, Baylor and Georgia on May 20.

"I just felt like it would be wiser for me to wait and visit more and explore because I didn't want to rush it and end up making the wrong decision," Bohanon said. "I want to make sure where I pick is where I'm going. I want to be committed to that school all the way until signing day. I want to make sure that decision is the best one for me and my family."

ESPN rates Bohanon the No. 7 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 119 overall prospect in the nation. He plans to visit his top six schools and another SEC school before deciding which schools will get official visits.

"I'll be visiting all six, plus LSU," Bohanon said. "I'll narrow it down to the schools I want to do my officials to and go to games to get a better vibe with the players and the coaches and the campus."

"By football season I'll have it to the five that I'll mainly focus on."

AirItOut21

Is Bohannon going to enroll early in January at the school he chooses?

Mr. Trill

I, now, feel as if he might be leaning towards Baylor. he has quite a bit of friends there. Bj Thompson being one of them and some other guy.

cdelaney

Would Pit Bull or another Earle expert give me a brief history lesson on the Bohannon family of athletes? Seems like there is always been a great one there in basketball or football or something. More coming up the pipeline? (if so maybe y'all can finally win a World Championship in something).

Pit Bull

The Bohanan family has a solid history of competitiveness, most of this family's dominance came at the now closed Crawfordsville High School where Bohanan's father was a juggernaut on the gridiron when pancaking the opposition was more of his mission than actually winning the game. Nicknamed the "Bull" for all the obvious reasons whenever the Tigers hit the field you could bet your final dollar that at least 4-5 players from the opposing team would leave with concussions and injuries from the pancaking... Pops brought his talents to Earle after high school and linked up with a Bulldog Queen and here comes Gerry. Bohanan's uncle was also a legend in these parts and is still considered as one of the best basketball players that the Delta has ever produced... Of course there are more in the pipelines, in fact we have just got started. These parts always have good athletes but what has truly separated Gerry is his work in academics and we are very proud of his accomplishments.

bdubyab60

Kenny was an absolute beast on the hardwood.

cdelaney

Quote from: Pit Bull on July 19, 2017, 07:35:13 pm
The Bohanan family has a solid history of competitiveness, most of this family's dominance came at the now closed Crawfordsville High School where Bohanan's father was a juggernaut on the gridiron when pancaking the opposition was more of his mission than actually winning the game. Nicknamed the "Bull" for all the obvious reasons whenever the Tigers hit the field you could bet your final dollar that at least 4-5 players from the opposing team would leave with concussions and injuries from the pancaking... Pops brought his talents to Earle after high school and linked up with a Bulldog Queen and here comes Gerry. Bohanan's uncle was also a legend in these parts and is still considered as one of the best basketball players that the Delta has ever produced... Of course there are more in the pipelines, in fact we have just got started. These parts always have good athletes but what has truly separated Gerry is his work in academics and we are very proud of his accomplishments.
Thanks, great story.

RATTLER43

July 21, 2017, 02:05:08 pm #188 Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:14:25 pm by RATTLER43
Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 20, 2017, 05:12:09 pm
Kenny was an absolute beast on the hardwood.

When he dunked over Fred Sheperd and Garland Grant in that OT vs. Marked Tree to put the game away (MT went on to win state title)......
When he got a steal at halftime vs. Russian All Stars and dunked on two 7 footers......
When he led Crawfordsville to the title game vs. Caddo.....
When he torched Westark (47 points I believe) and the Ft. Smith television highlights were of Kenny instead of Westark players......
The list could go on and on but those were a few of my personal favorites.  Loved Kenny, Marshall, Fred, AK, Shon, Tony, .........

bdubyab60

Quote from: RATTLER43 on July 21, 2017, 02:05:08 pm
When he dunked over Fred Sheperd and Garland Grant in that OT vs. Marked Tree to put the game away (MT went on to win state title)......
When he got a steal at halftime vs. Russian All Stars and dunked on two 7 footers......
When he led Crawfordsville to the title game vs. Caddo.....
When he torched Westark (47 points I believe) and the Ft. Smith television highlights were of Kenny instead of Westark players......
The list could go on and on but those were a few of my personal favorites.  Loved Kenny, Marshall, Fred, AK, Shon, Tony, .........
I played against them my sophomore and junior year. He jumped over my friend and dunked on him at Crawfordsville. Considering he was standing with his feet on the circle in the lane was awesome. Spun me out of my shoes and then dunked on me later on. Would have interesting to see him get the exposure that some kids do today

Jimbo Morphis

Wonder if Ole Mi$$ is still being considered.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas