• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne HC opening (filled - Van Paschal)

Started by Razorbacks48, January 09, 2017, 11:08:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RZback

Which coaches are leaving, who has gotten a HC job and have any of those leaving gotten other jobs at this point? 
Why are they leaving, cannot "fit in" with the new coach's plan?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: OB11 on April 24, 2017, 10:24:43 am
Are they letting Paschal reach out to candidates or is the administration heading up the search?

Was curious about this myself

footballfan-tastic

Can someone outline Paschals coaching history?  I know he's been around for a while.     I'm also wondering why so many leaving, difference in philosophy?

GuvHog

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on April 22, 2017, 09:46:48 am
If an Assistant Coach wants to become a Head Coach.

When the School you are currently at hires a new Head Coach is the perfect time too do it.

That's true but rarely do that many assistants leave when a new coach is hired. I remember when Dutton took over as HC at Watson Chapel, only 1 assistant left. He wanted the HC job, was hacked that he didn't get it, and didn't want to coach under Dutton.

Iknewthemwhen

Who is on the staff at Wynne for the upcoming season?  How many left, how many remain from last season?

Rick Swines

I have 2 friends that coach in Wynne.  1 is leaving and 1 is staying.  He told me the ones that left all had good reasons to go and wasn't let go.  Nor did they disagree with Paschal's philosophy.  I think the defensive staff is left in place.  I know 4 are left from last year and maybe more. 

oldjacketman

My understanding is that Wynne has lost 6 of their 10 (combined staffs) coaches from last year's staff.

footballfan-tastic

Is Wynne  still hiring replacement staff?

gameoflife

When that many coaches are leaving something is out of wack.  Yeah if they are getting better jobs but Wynne is state runner-up and almost always a contender.  Where did they go? Only one got a HC, who and where? Where did the others go?  Someone said it was mostly offensive staff. That says something.

gameoflife

Quote from: GuvHog on April 26, 2017, 09:10:18 am
That's true but rarely do that many assistants leave when a new coach is hired. I remember when Dutton took over as HC at Watson Chapel, only 1 assistant left. He wanted the HC job, was hacked that he didn't get it, and didn't want to coach under Dutton.

GuvHog, haven't a bunch of coaches gone through WC football?

titan33

The "Hill" era is over, Paschal is bringing in a lot of his former coaches granted some of Wynnes former staff have gotten "bigger" jobs like one going to NLR, one to Bryant and one becoming a head coach.

GuvHog

Quote from: gameoflife on June 05, 2017, 08:02:18 pm
GuvHog, haven't a bunch of coaches gone through WC football?

Not really. Coach Sheldon was there for quite some time dating back to WC's years in 6A and this is Dutton's 3rd year. Dutton did part ways with his DC after his first year as WC head coach. The defense was horrible in Dutton's first year.

oldjacketman

If I'm correct, one left for Barton hc job and took another with him, 3 others left for Fayetteville, Bryant, and NLR respectively, all as high school assistants.

RZback

Barton, is that a step up?   Fayetteville I get. the other  I'd call a toss up.  Sounds like they didn't want to be at Wynne.

footballfan-tastic

Barton itself is not a step up from Wynne, but being Head Coach is a step up from position coach.  Maybe.  depends on the results and history of w/l.

GuvHog

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on June 08, 2017, 03:24:11 pm
Barton itself is not a step up from Wynne, but being Head Coach is a step up from position coach.  Maybe.  depends on the results and history of w/l.

I would say going from a 5A East school to what is barely a 2A school as HC is a step down and probably a cut in pay even though he'll be a Head coach at Barton.

BruinBacker

June 08, 2017, 04:41:22 pm #416 Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:44:35 pm by BruinBacker
PA matched up against Wynne in team camp this week.

Wonderdog

Quote from: GuvHog on June 08, 2017, 03:35:44 pm
I would say going from a 5A East school to what is barely a 2A school as HC is a step down and probably a cut in pay even though he'll be a Head coach at Barton.
1. Barton is 3A
2. Have you seen Barton's pay scale? Surprisingly high pay.
3. I would be surprised if he makes anything below 55K at Barton, not sure what he made at Wynne.

Iknewthemwhen

Got to wonder about so many leaving Wynne.

Rick Swines

Just going by the pay scale and assuming he is on a 240 day contract he is making close to 20k more per year at barton. So it is a step up

STBruin

Quote from: BruinBacker on June 08, 2017, 04:41:22 pm
PA matched up against Wynne in team camp this week.

Very "spirited" session...other teams stopping their session to watch. 3 Consecutive offensive plays for PA= 3 long TDs.

Wynne's offense looks much improved in the passing game, but gave up a pick 6 INT...PA 4 TDs...Wynne 2 TDs

tmycjy

Here van Paschal history that I know of and record
Her was 6 year at barton

2016  6-5 1st round
2015. 2-8
2014 8-3 1st round
2013 9-3 2ed round
2012 10-2 2ed Round
2011 11-4 state runner up 2A Class

Monticello
2010 8-4 quarter final 5-A class
2009 14-0 state champion 5-A
2008 10-3 Simi final 5-A
2007 9-3 quarter Finals 5A

for a record of 87-35 there were other places but there were the last 2 school I'm glad to get him in wynne I think this will work fine but only time will tell for sure

titan33

Barton was 3A when he took them to the state title game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: titan33 on June 09, 2017, 02:14:39 pm
Barton was 3A when he took them to the state title game.

Seems to be a common error...

RZback

Quote from: tmycjy on June 09, 2017, 01:05:53 pm
Here van Paschal history that I know of and record
Her was 6 year at barton

2016  6-5 1st round
2015. 2-8
2014 8-3 1st round
2013 9-3 2ed round
2012 10-2 2ed Round
2011 11-4 state runner up 2A Class

Monticello
2010 8-4 quarter final 5-A class
2009 14-0 state champion 5-A
2008 10-3 Simi final 5-A
2007 9-3 quarter Finals 5A

for a record of 87-35 there were other places but there were the last 2 school I'm glad to get him in wynne I think this will work fine but only time will tell for sure

Was he also at Brinkley, Sheridan, DeQueen?

tmycjy

Quote from: RZback on June 09, 2017, 09:46:31 pm

Was he also at Brinkley, Sheridan, DeQueen?

How many years was he at those school and order he coach at those school and years

oldjacketman

Word on the street is that wynne has scrapped the 3-4 defense in lieu of the 4-3. Interesting change. Wynne's defense was really good last year despite it's issues in the secondary. That 3-4 was fun to watch. Seems changes are a-plenty!

Wonderdog

Quote from: oldjacketman on June 17, 2017, 08:23:24 am
Word on the street is that wynne has scrapped the 3-4 defense in lieu of the 4-3. Interesting change. Wynne's defense was really good last year despite it's issues in the secondary. That 3-4 was fun to watch. Seems changes are a-plenty!
Yea, but you better have 3 monsters in a 3-4. Personell may not be there for it this upcoming season

brock

RZback

Quote from: Wonderdog on June 18, 2017, 02:18:16 am
Yea, but you better have 3 monsters in a 3-4. Personell may not be there for it this upcoming season

Always helps to have monsters up front in any defense.

Rick Swines

One of their starting middle linebackers moved to nettleton I think. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

oldjacketman

The head coach, oline coach, slots coach, wr coach, olb coach, and ilb coach have left. They've replaced the DC, assuming he was one that left.

titan33

Quote from: oldjacketman on June 19, 2017, 12:31:48 pm
The head coach, oline coach, slots coach, wr coach, olb coach, and ilb coach have left. They've replaced the DC, assuming he was one that left.
Heard Paschal has been able to bring in four coaches that have previously coached with him before.

Iknewthemwhen

Lots of new coaches, change of schemes, gonna take some work and some salesmanship in getting the kids to buy in during year one. 

j-mann raider 02

as a alum  in the 5a East Nettletlon     Wynne has always been good  and unless they can get more businees down there  they couild start to silp   they do lose about 5% of pop  every5-10 years     

and yes Nettleton  shouild had done more in football the last 20 years   other than 1999 and 2006   they have not   

but Nettletlon  shouild find a way to go to 4A   

but to all the PA and batesvillie fans  i will say 1 thing in wynne favor   D  williams   

Iknewthemwhen

Wynne gets a win, better showing for Marion than I though they would have.  Stronger defense or Wynne lacked some potency on offense. 

JacketDad

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 02, 2017, 09:52:21 am
Wynne gets a win, better showing for Marion than I though they would have.  Stronger defense or Wynne lacked some potency on offense.
I may be wrong but didn't our D score 16 of our 24 points.  I would say, if true, our offense DEFINITELY, lacked some potency.

footballfan-tastic

BIGGOAT60

Van was my coach at Monticello and he was a good coach, we had a winning program and the kids bought into it.

InYoGrill

Quote from: BIGGOAT60 on September 02, 2017, 04:37:23 pm
Van was my coach at Monticello and he was a good coach, we had a winning program and the kids bought into it.

What years did you play for him? I remember when V played Monti back in 2009 and 10. Beasts you guys were. I stepped on the field to watch my son warm up in one of those years we played you in the first rd of playoffs. You guys had like 23-25 sr's. Big, STRONG, and confident. We were beat during warmups. V side was so quiet when you guys warmed up. Your crowd was Full and LOUD! Very impressed and then Monti Fball disappeared it seemed when Van left.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: JacketDad on September 02, 2017, 12:19:48 pm
I may be wrong but didn't our D score 16 of our 24 points.  I would say, if true, our offense DEFINITELY, lacked some potency.

18 of the 24.

BIGGOAT60

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 04, 2017, 07:46:30 pm
What years did you play for him? I remember when V played Monti back in 2009 and 10. Beasts you guys were. I stepped on the field to watch my son warm up in one of those years we played you in the first rd of playoffs. You guys had like 23-25 sr's. Big, STRONG, and confident. We were beat during warmups. V side was so quiet when you guys warmed up. Your crowd was Full and LOUD! Very impressed and then Monti Fball disappeared it seemed when Van left.

When van left we became a basketball school. I graduated 2008 we was like 9-3 not a bad year. Van had a good program

the voice

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 05, 2017, 10:03:27 am
18 of the 24.
You guys had a great offensive coach. Many will say one of the best in the state.
No doubt Van is a good coach , but I don't think you'll see the offensive production you did last year. Doesn't mean you won't be successful. Just different styles.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas