• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne HC opening (filled - Van Paschal)

Started by Razorbacks48, January 09, 2017, 11:08:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HowBoutThemJackets on January 31, 2017, 11:20:12 am
the nettleton guy is a loser he shouldn't even be considered for this job there is a nigh and day difference between nettleton and wynne football we beat the dog out of them very year and thats because of coaching not because of lack of talent if he gets the job its not going to be a happy day in the city with a smile   
youshouldnttalkaboutcoacheswithoutpunctuationnomatterwhatyouyhink

stinger1

No matter who they hire we will support them. We will also try not to let messages get back to the players like someone thinks their coach is a loser before they have even been given a opportunity to Wynne at Wynne. Just in my opinion McBride should be in the finals he has done well adapting and learning several offenses and does have the respect of the players and fans.

FanInTheStands

January 31, 2017, 02:29:54 pm #102 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:11:59 pm by FanInTheStands

Made

Quote from: Oldman on January 31, 2017, 01:50:50 pm
youshouldnttalkaboutcoacheswithoutpunctuationnomatterwhatyouyhink
you misspelled think ;)

HowBoutThemJackets

if you can't make the playoffs with the skill guys at nettleton then you are a loser I'm not saying that he's a bad guy

stinger1

Anyone that spends their time teaching and mentoring young people should never be called a loser regardless of a win- loss record.

FD4

Jimbo Morphis

oldjacketman

Whoever gets it will inherit the talent to go undefeated in conference and 3-peat as champions. Nice get for whomever.

Made

Quote from: Oldman on January 31, 2017, 06:15:21 pm
It happens when I'm laughing.
lol I just wanted to be the spelling police, since I can't spell myself. However, I can spell think....don't trust me on anything over 5 letters.

olemissjacket99

Sounds like Wynne's school board is trying to do the hire.  Is that even ethical??  Isn't that the Supt, and Admin. job??

Iknewthemwhen

I would say it depends on who holds the power in the district the super or the board.

MDXPHD

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on January 31, 2017, 10:20:51 pm
Sounds like Wynne's school board is trying to do the hire.  Is that even ethical??  Isn't that the Supt, and Admin. job??

Ethical? School boards are involved in the hiring of most upper level personnel. They usually have to approve hires, resignations, etc. So, I would say they hold the power. Even if the coach gets hired, they could just refuse to approve the hiring.

Made

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 01, 2017, 07:54:03 am
Ethical? School boards are involved in the hiring of most upper level personnel. They usually have to approve hires, resignations, etc. So, I would say they hold the power. Even if the coach gets hired, they could just refuse to approve the hiring.
Watson Chapel proved it....

Chip

I hope they hire the most qualified coach that they can and not hire someone because he's friends with one or more of the people doing the hiring.  I have a soft spot for a lot of those kids over there, they're good kids and deserve a good coach.  Good luck to Yellowjacket Nation!

Jckt4years

Quote from: Chip on February 01, 2017, 08:31:40 am
I hope they hire the most qualified coach that they can and not hire someone because he's friends with one or more of the people doing the hiring.  I have a soft spot for a lot of those kids over there, they're good kids and deserve a good coach.  Good luck to Yellowjacket Nation!

Soft spot uh?  Hmmm. What does that even mean?  Words and ideas are so easily spoken, however actions tend to speak volumes and support someone's repeated history. 

mohawk

Some comments on this post are hilarious! Can we just keep it about the hiring of a new HC? This process seems to keep getting prolonged everyday. Will they ever find "their guy?"

oldjacketman

Just hope the next guy has, and instills the same work ethic that has been there the past 6 years.

bassfisherman999

February 01, 2017, 09:12:21 am #118 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:06:26 pm by bassfisherman999
so is it between paschal, mcbride, and the nettleton guy???

olemissjacket99

just find it odd that a school board or individual members would be out looking theirselves for a coach.  isn't that what the administration does?   because it could turn into a cat mouse game.  we won't approve anyone except who we want...JMO

MDXPHD

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on February 01, 2017, 09:19:52 am
just find it odd that a school board or individual members would be out looking theirselves for a coach.  isn't that what the administration does?   because it could turn into a cat mouse game.  we won't approve anyone except who we want...JMO

You're way off on what you think the involvement of a school board is I think.

Hatchet

It could be worse, they could hire a basketball coach to coach football like Cross County

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 01, 2017, 09:27:43 am
You're way off on what you think the involvement of a school board is I think.
Not at some schools.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Oldman on February 01, 2017, 01:24:16 pm
Not at some schools.

I'm not saying they're not influenced, but they still get to approve the hires.

Iknewthemwhen

I don't know why some of the people on here think it's strange or improper for the board to take an interest in the hire, they have to approve the hire.  Yeah, sometimes they get too involved and override the recommendation of a super for some wrong reasons, but then who you know is always a factor in getting a job. If the board doesn't like the supers recommendation they have a right to regect it, the Super has the option to try to change their mind or give in and choose somebody else.  I think in most cases the board follows the super's recommendation and sometimes that isn't a good pick either.

86jacketstchamps

Was able to watch the video of Coach Mcbride today at the LOI signings of the WHS players.   Sure sounded like a good choice for HC   👍

olemissjacket99

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on February 01, 2017, 05:51:26 pm
Was able to watch the video of Coach Mcbride today at the LOI signings of the WHS players.   Sure sounded like a good choice for HC   👍
I concur.  Too bad his former head coach aka CHiP doesn't and even further more still uses his lunch buddy to agree.  What a debacle.

stinger1

Where can the video of the signing be seen at?

Rick Swines

Clark Mcbride should have been the next coach.

Chip

Quote from: Jckt4years on February 01, 2017, 08:44:17 am
Soft spot uh?  Hmmm. What does that even mean?  Words and ideas are so easily spoken, however actions tend to speak volumes and support someone's repeated history. 

Good Lord! Some people are so dense!!!  Yes I do have a soft spot for those kids.  I have made about 50-55 trips to Wynne and the surrounding areas on Friday nights from Van Buren in the last 6 years!  That equates to over 27,000 miles driven to watch these kids play, in my eyes that means I was invested in Yellowjacket football and wanted them to succeed as much as anybody!  I've watched kids like Zack, McGill, and Ross play since they were in the 9th grade (I even came over a couple of times on Thursdays).  I've handwritten letters to some of these kids in college, called them, sent them gift cards, and texted them to let them know people were thinking about them and wishing them good luck.  I've bought pairs of shoes for a player or two.  I've become friends with the assistant coaches, I've become friends with the chain gang, friends with past and current players and I want them all to do well. 

So I do have a lot of time and money invested in to coming and supporting the football team.  So for you to question me caring about those kids just shows what an idiot you are, AND for you to not know who I am really makes me question your intelligence. 

coachsearch

When are they announcing?

Jckt4years

February 02, 2017, 08:48:36 pm #131 Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:16:45 pm by Jckt4years
Quote from: Chip on February 02, 2017, 09:28:06 am

Good Lord! Some people are so dense!!!  Yes I do have a soft spot for those kids.  I have made about 50-55 trips to Wynne and the surrounding areas on Friday nights from Van Buren in the last 6 years!  That equates to over 27,000 miles driven to watch these kids play, in my eyes that means I was invested in Yellowjacket football and wanted them to succeed as much as anybody!  I've watched kids like Zack, McGill, and Ross play since they were in the 9th grade (I even came over a couple of times on Thursdays).  I've handwritten letters to some of these kids in college, called them, sent them gift cards, and texted them to let them know people were thinking about them and wishing them good luck.  I've bought pairs of shoes for a player or two.  I've become friends with the assistant coaches, I've become friends with the chain gang, friends with past and current players and I want them all to do well. 

So I do have a lot of time and money invested in to coming and supporting the football team.  So for you to question me caring about those kids just shows what an idiot you are, AND for you to not know who I am really makes me question your intelligence.
So sorry to question your involvement over the last 5 years.  Who am I who has participated and followed this program for quite a long time to even begin to question your caring for the blue & gold.  Of course you did try quite hard to go to blue and white or who knows what other color would be on the next new uniforms being ordered.  That soft spot showed with the effort to be there at the signings of course maybe I didn't see you as it was a little crowded.  Harding is a great fit, no sustained relationships required.  Just constant study of the game and drill seargent type teaching.  Should flourish in such an environment. 

Will be hard to replace our recent coach when it comes to the X's and O's of the game and the work ethic.   Hiring someone who cares about each and every kid, supportive of the other athletic programs and also someone who will not throw our administration under the bus to the community and other coaches across the state...well I don't think that will be hard to do at all!!  Drop it Napoleon, everyone is ready for a new start!

morriltondevildog

^^^^  Hate to see all this drama happening at Wynne.  But "CHiP" did the same here back in the day.  Just go back and read all the dirty laundry aired out on FF.  He must be upset at administration.  Sounds like he probably buddied up with some school board members to have his back and throw his administration under the bus.  If he sold cars he'd be a billionaire.   I imagine he's standing at the front door of Wynne telling each candidate that you don't want to coach here bc administration, teachers, and other sports, etc were against him.

Good luck to Wynne in their search.  Maybe ol CHiP will leave you alone..then again he's on contract still til April??   

Iknewthemwhen

Jckt4years

oldjacketman

Your version of the truth

Chip

morriltondevildog and jckt4years - you guys STILL don't get it! I AM NOT CHRIS!! I AM HIS BROTHER WHO LIVES IN ALMA!! ASK ANYONE ONE THE COACHING STAFF WHO I AM, THEY WILL TELL YOU! I'VE BEEN NOTHING BUT SUPPORTIVE OF WYNNE FOOTBALL AND THE COACHES OVER THERE! I want them to hire the best possible candidate because I wish nothing but the best for those kids!

morriltondevildog - I did say some things about Morrilton when Chris left, and I believe what I said was true.  Not wanting to get back into all that, but I feel that they treated him like crap there, so did Coach Williams and Coach Lee that was on his staff there.

Back to the topic, I hope Wynne hires a good one!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chip on February 03, 2017, 08:57:41 am
morriltondevildog and jckt4years - you guys STILL don't get it! I AM NOT CHRIS!! I AM HIS BROTHER WHO LIVES IN ALMA!! ASK ANYONE ONE THE COACHING STAFF WHO I AM, THEY WILL TELL YOU! I'VE BEEN NOTHING BUT SUPPORTIVE OF WYNNE FOOTBALL AND THE COACHES OVER THERE! I want them to hire the best possible candidate because I wish nothing but the best for those kids!

morriltondevildog - I did say some things about Morrilton when Chris left, and I believe what I said was true.  Not wanting to get back into all that, but I feel that they treated him like crap there, so did Coach Williams and Coach Lee that was on his staff there.

Back to the topic, I hope Wynne hires a good one!

Nice try, Chris.

Jckt4years

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 03, 2017, 12:29:20 pm
Nice try, Chris.

Oh I fully believe it is brother.   Chris can't handle negative comments directed toward him so he wouldn't be able to handle being on here.  Would be a rage melt down for sure.   

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 03, 2017, 12:29:20 pm
Nice try, Chris.

MDX, be honest - which one of these 2 best describes the Batesville reaction to this thread:

Or this:

titan33

Quote from: Jckt4years on February 03, 2017, 12:39:49 pm
Oh I fully believe it is brother.   Chris can't handle negative comments directed toward him so he wouldn't be able to handle being on here.  Would be a rage melt down for sure.

He got off the roids so maybe it wouldn't be as much of a rage melt down now lol!  8)

stinger1

Back to the subject of what coach may be hired children

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 03, 2017, 12:46:27 pm
MDX, be honest - which one of these 2 best describes the Batesville reaction to this thread:

I'm going with Burt Macklin so far. That might change depending on who they hire lol.

FD4

I can tell all of you, with 100% assurance, Chip is indeed Chris Hills Brother.  Chris is a good friend of the Fire Department here, way up close and personal friends to Chief Blake and most of all the staff here, hence FD4 if your wondering who I am; as I used to plug away on this forum just to get someone to comment, and yes periodically for Coach Hill just to see.  I believe on one occasion Chip was with coach on a visit here; also Chris told me Chip was his brother.  By the way, our local football club, The Fumble Club, would meet at the Fire Station to watch the previous game for comment and get the heads up on the next game from Coach Hill.  I mean after all, I know of no sour grapes here where Chris was concerned, especially with football.

ricefarmer

Quote from: FD4 on February 03, 2017, 02:18:37 pm
I can tell all of you, with 100% assurance, Chip is indeed Chris Hills Brother.  Chris is a good friend of the Fire Department here, way up close and personal friends to Chief Blake and most of all the staff here, hence FD4 if your wondering who I am; as I used to plug away on this forum just to get someone to comment, and yes periodically for Coach Hill just to see.  I believe on one occasion Chip was with coach on a visit here; also Chris told me Chip was his brother.  By the way, our local football club, The Fumble Club, would meet at the Fire Station to watch the previous game for comment and get the heads up on the next game from Coach Hill.  I mean after all, I know of no sour grapes here where Chris was concerned, especially with football.
No doubt you're big supporter.  Sometimes people like the koolaid.  If you had a son playing you might lose the taste.

Jckt4years

Quote from: FD4 on February 03, 2017, 02:18:37 pm

Then you arent very observant.  Program and fan base morale was pretty low when considering the team success.  But the son of a gun can coach his butt off and sure knew the game.  If he had the ability to maintain relationships and truly cared about the kids outside what they offered him on the field, there wouldn't be many coaches that could compare. 

bwapmikeyslap

I think the Jackets should hire Van Paschal. He knows the Delta and he's a proven winner. Won the 5A title in 2009 at Monticello and finished runner-up in 2011 with Class 3A Barton. He could win multiple titles at a school like Wynne who has athletes and strong community support.

deltahog66

Rick Swines

It's paschals job. Heard it today.

chaingang

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 04, 2017, 11:30:21 pm
It's paschals job. Heard it today.
Can you please tell me where your info. came from......was it Board, Admin. or whatever...and you don't have to tell me in here but if you want to private message me ......I have heard so many rumors I don't know what  to believe......and please tell me it wasn't the Coffee Shop, those guys know how to solve the world's problems but maybe not who the best choice for Head Coach would be.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas