• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional and State Bids

Started by KentMurphy17, January 09, 2017, 09:40:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KentMurphy17

Anybody hear of any bids for baseball/softball region and state sites??

HorseFeathers

Baseball

Region, May 4-6; State, May 11-13

Class 7A

State: Bentonville High School

Class 6A

State: Benton High School

Class 5A

State: Sylvan Hills High School, Harrison (at Harrison Parks)

Class 4A

North: Dover

East: Heber Springs, Trumann

South: Ashdown, Monticello

State: Lonoke, Nashville

Class 3A

Region 1: Greenland

Region 2: Harding Academy

Region 3: Bergman (at Harrison Parks), Manila

Region 4: None

State: Bergman (at Harrison Parks), Harding Academy

Class 2A

North: Palestine-Wheatley

West/Central: Magazine, Pangburn

South: Magnet Cove, Parkers Chapel

State: East Poinsett County, Parkers Chapel

Class 1A

Region 1: Lead Hill (at Harrison Parks)

Region 2: Armorel

Region 3: Nemo Vista, South Side Bee Branch

Region 4: Dierks

Region 5: Ouachita, Taylor, Woodlawn

State: Bay, Lead Hill (at Harrison Parks), Taylor, Woodlawn

HorseFeathers

Softball
Region, May 4-6; State, May 11-13

Class 7A

State: Fayetteville

Class 6A

State: Benton High School

Class 5A

State: Harrison (at Harrison Parks), Hope, Sylvan Hills

Class 4A

North: Dover

East: Heber Springs, Batesville Southside, Trumann

South: Monticello

State: Lonoke, Nashville, Batesville Southside

Class 3A

Region 1: None

Region 2: Haskell Harmony Grove

Region 3: Bergman (at Harrison Parks), Manila

Region 4: None

State: Bergman (at Harrison Parks), Harding Academy

Class 2A

North: Palestine-Wheatley

West/Central: Magazine, Magazine, Pangburn

South: Magnet Cove, Parkers Chapel

State: East Poinsett County, Parkers Chapel

Class 1A

Region 1: Lead Hill (at Harrison Parks)

Region 2: Armorel

Region 3: Nemo Vista, South Side Bee Branch

Region 4: Dierks

Region 5: Ouachita, Taylor, Woodlawn

State: Bay, Lead Hill (at Harrison Parks), Taylor

Oldref

Good list and info HorseFeathers. If Bay is selected to host the  baseball state they are going to play in Jonesboro at Joe Mack Campbell park. Really nice facility. Don't think Bay is bidding on the softball state tournament.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on January 09, 2017, 08:55:18 pm
Good list and info HorseFeathers. If Bay is selected to host the  baseball state they are going to play in Jonesboro at Joe Mack Campbell park. Really nice facility. Don't think Bay is bidding on the softball state tournament.

I just copied and pasted from arpreps

ricepig

Quote from: Oldref on January 09, 2017, 08:55:18 pm

Nice facility, but the fields aren't big, probably 325' to dead center on the big fields, maybe 340'.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2017, 09:53:17 am
Nice facility, but the fields aren't big, probably 325' to dead center on the big fields, maybe 340'.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.  Doesn't seem quite big enough to host a state tournament.  I don't recall any other teams ever using it for a state tourney.  Could be wrong though.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2017, 09:53:17 am

I agree 325 is short but what would be a good distance L C R to host this?  How many other 3A have that Joe Mac quality of fields with further distances?  Just curious.

BLUEBLOOD

Woodlawn has a top notch facility.  Not sure if additional fields are needed but they have hosted 2A state more than once.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on January 10, 2017, 11:14:07 am
I agree 325 is short but what would be a good distance L C R to host this?  How many other 3A have that Joe Mac quality of fields with further distances?  Just curious.

One of my kids played at Harrison years ago, it's a nice facility. I would think 330-380-330 would be the minimum, but every school has a different size field it seemed.

BLUEBLOOD

I think the stipulation for the field is "Playing fields shall meet NFHS regulations"

OB11

I think the absolute minimum you would want for a high school field down the lines is 310.  Anything shorter than that would take away from the integrity of the game I think.

I don't know what Joe Mack is down the lines.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on January 11, 2017, 10:41:43 am
I think the absolute minimum you would want for a high school field down the lines is 310.  Anything shorter than that would take away from the integrity of the game I think.

I don't know what Joe Mack is down the lines.

I believe they're over that, or the two big fields are. However, I think one of them has a grass infield and one doesn't, and neither are quality infields for the facility. Truthfully, they get very little play, as schools play on their own fields for their extended high school play.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2017, 10:48:01 am
I believe they're over that, or the two big fields are. However, I think one of them has a grass infield and one doesn't, and neither are quality infields for the facility. Truthfully, they get very little play, as schools play on their own fields for their extended high school play.

If history is any indication, the AAA could care less about the quality of the fields the state tournaments are played on. Lol

I've seen state tournament games played on a field where there was such a big difference in field level, that the right fielders cleats were even with the left fielders head.   

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on January 11, 2017, 10:51:20 am
If history is any indication, the AAA could care less about the quality of the fields the state tournaments are played on. Lol

I've seen state tournament games played on a field where there was such a big difference in field level, that the right fielders cleats were even with the left fielders head.   

Well, I remember Jacksonville where the left fielders head and the shortstops knees were the same level from behind home plate, haha.

bobcat72476

With the bats that the kids use today, 310 down the lines and 350 to center is plenty big. 

hogman

Why would Bay play all games at Joe Mac? Do they not have feild?

OB11

Quote from: hogman on January 11, 2017, 09:43:35 pm
Why would Bay play all games at Joe Mac? Do they not have feild?

Lot's of schools that bid on state tournaments play somewhere other than their home field.  Take Harrison or Blytheville for example...if any of the schools around those towns bid on a tournament they would play them at Harrison Parks or The sports complex in Blytheville. Usually makes for a better environment and the playing surface in better at those places than just about any school field. 

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on January 12, 2017, 11:06:56 am
Lot's of schools that bid on state tournaments play somewhere other than their home field.  Take Harrison or Blytheville for example...if any of the schools around those towns bid on a tournament they would play them at Harrison Parks or The sports complex in Blytheville. Usually makes for a better environment and the playing surface in better at those places than just about any school field.
I would think the fact that you have 2 fields side by side would be the reason.

dirtbagbaseball

Honestly, you should only be considered if you have a full infield tarp (for obvious reasons).

OB11

Quote from: dirtbagbaseball on January 12, 2017, 12:27:43 pm
Honestly, you should only be considered if you have a full infield tarp (for obvious reasons).

Seems like rain is an issue every year for at least one state tournament site.  I'm not sure that having a tarp should be a requirement but I think it should be part of the decision to award the bid to a certain school.  Although that doesn't matter when there is only one school that bids. Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas