• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Recruits

Started by CoolBreeze, January 06, 2017, 05:05:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Who will be the top recruits out of this years 3A senior class?

Who will go to D1, D2, etc., and why?

Thoughts?

KOJACK

Flynn from Prescott will be a d2 steal. Mvp of the championship game and made a 24 on his act.

Wonderdog

Quote from: KOJACK on January 06, 2017, 06:02:08 pm
Flynn from Prescott will be a d2 steal. Mvp of the championship game and made a 24 on his act.
Very glad to hear this! So many great athletes do not make the academic cut annually. Congratulations to the young man from Prescott!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wonderdog on January 06, 2017, 09:29:51 pm
Very glad to hear this! So many great athletes do not make the academic cut annually. Congratulations to the young man from Prescott!
+1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: KOJACK on January 06, 2017, 06:02:08 pm

He getting any looks? I was very impressed with his performance in the fibals

KOJACK

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 07, 2017, 07:28:11 pm
He getting any looks? I was very impressed with his performance in the fibals
The usual suspects.

The Green Arrow

DeShawn Gulledge out of Bald Knob is heading to the Hill to play for the Razorbacks. He committed in the summer to be a preferred walk on, which limited his number of offers that he received after that. I believe that he would have been a great fit for ASU, and they were a school that was very high on him until he committed to the Hogs. I believe he just wants to be a Hog.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: The Green Arrow on January 09, 2017, 10:55:07 am
DeShawn Gulledge out of Bald Knob is heading to the Hill to play for the Razorbacks. He committed in the summer to be a preferred walk on, which limited his number of offers that he received after that. I believe that he would have been a great fit for ASU, and they were a school that was very high on him until he committed to the Hogs. I believe he just wants to be a Hog.
Good to hear, but isn't he a bit small for D-1? Of course he is a wide receiver which makes some difference. And he certainly has the speed.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 09, 2017, 04:56:10 pm
Good to hear, but isn't he a bit small for D-1? Of course he is a wide receiver which makes some difference. And he certainly has the speed.
He's 5'10" 195lbs. He's put on quite a bit of muscle this year and benches over 315lbs. Very powerful and explosive, and well over a 40 inch vertical. He's not a big receiver by no means, but plenty big enough for D1 football. This time last year, I probably would have said no, but the added weight without losing speed and quickness, he should be fine. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FNLsupporter on January 10, 2017, 12:36:38 am
He's 5'10" 195lbs. He's put on quite a bit of muscle this year and benches over 315lbs. Very powerful and explosive, and well over a 40 inch vertical. He's not a big receiver by no means, but plenty big enough for D1 football. This time last year, I probably would have said no, but the added weight without losing speed and quickness, he should be fine.
Thanks for the info. If he's at 195 now, he'd probably play for the Razorbacks at 205-210.

cdelaney

Oh, I was hoping this would cover our incoming recruiting cla$$ at ECS, but I misunderstood the subject

CoolBreeze

How about you posters from Chucktown and Glen Rose. Anybody from your teams getting a lot of interest from recruiters?

What about the huge linemen from Rivercrest and other places?

GBattack

SMF has quite a bit of interest.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: GBattack on January 19, 2017, 06:19:16 pm
SMF has quite a bit of interest.
Any particulars? D1, D2, etc.?

GBattack

Not sure...the only thing I know for sure is the Hogs are in touch. They invited him to the sidelines of the LSU game. A-State is another I think... not sure beyond that.

GBattack

CoolBreeze

GBattack

That's correct...he's getting official offers now and a lot of interest...

CoolBreeze

Quote from: GBattack on February 04, 2017, 08:57:15 am
That's correct...he's getting official offers now and a lot of interest...
Any D-1 offers?

GBattack

I can't confirm any...there are rumors, but he's meeting with UofA soon. Whether or not they intend to offer I don't know. AState has offered.

GBattack

SMF finished 10th overall out of over 300 and 4th in his position in the camp in New Orleans last week. Most of the big SEC schools are in regular contact and at least one Big 12 school. Can't wait to see how his future shapes up!!

macadoshis

I'm pretty sure A-state has offered and before its said and done, he'll have multiple SEC offers.  Loaded with talent and a high character young man also.   

GBattack

A-State and UCA both have made offers.

Luxora7

The Big Lineman from Rivercrest signed with UA-Monticello received preferred walk on offers from Eastern Illinois,Missouri State, and Arkansas State.. Should help a up and coming program...

macadoshis

Hunter Davenport from Lamar signed with Missouri Southern.  I'm anxious to see him in a position more suited to his size and abilities.   

GBattack

Congratulations to Hunter! That's exciting!! Chuck fans will be rooting for him!! I know SMF had a sit down with Boss Hog last week. They made a verbal offer.

macadoshis

Quote from: GBattack on April 06, 2017, 05:58:05 am
Congratulations to Hunter! That's exciting!! Chuck fans will be rooting for him!! I know SMF had a sit down with Boss Hog last week. They made a verbal offer.
Sweet!  He's impressive for sure. His stockis only going to rise from here.  He seems like a very coachable young man.  And there's not many better than Coach K and his staff in my book. 

GBattack

BigMan15

Quote from: CoolBreeze on February 03, 2017, 05:19:30 pm
If I read it correctly, Hootens puts Sean Michael Flanigan from Charleston as the top recruit from 3A at No. 6.
Sean Michael Flanigan now has offers from
UMASS
A State
OK State
UCA
ULM

YC

April 30, 2017, 01:23:38 pm #29 Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:05:39 pm by YC
From Richard Davenport who covers recruiting for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. He is the host of Recruiting Thursday, a weekly radio show that airs from 7 to 8 p.m. on 92.1 FM in Fayetteville; 93.7 FM in Little Rock; 95.3 FM in Fort Smith; 96.3 FM in Hot Springs; 104.3 FM in Harrison/Mountain Home; and 106.9 FM in Arkadelphia

Charleston athlete Sean Michael Flanagan has several scholarship offers and is a good candidate to add one from Arkansas is the future.

Flanagan, 6-1, 191 pounds has offers from Oklahoma State, Arkansas State, Central Arkansas, Massachusetts and Louisiana- Monroe. He and Razorback tight ends coach Barry Lunney Jr. are communicating.

"He said I'm the next in-state player they're looking at," said Flanagan, who plans to visit Arkansas on Saturday. "I'm not sure whether it's overall or just at safety."

He has a high level of interest in the Hogs.

"It's a great place and they're invested in trying to make you the best you can be," Flanagan said.

He recorded 65 receptions 1,121 yards, 17 touchdowns and 21 carries for 186 yards and 7 touchdowns at receiver as a junior. He had 46 tackles, 4 interceptions, 6 pass breakups and recovered fumble at safety.

Flanagan has recorded a handheld time of 4.47 seconds in the 40 yard dash and an electronic time of 4.64. He's been invited to the Hogs June 3 prospect camp.

Quarterback Ty Storey excelled at Charleston before signing with the Hogs. Flanagan said his hometown is hoping he joins Storey in Fayetteville.

"Charleston is a very supportive town, but they are definitely wanting me to be up in Fayetteville with Ty," Flanagan said.

When he isn't in class, taking part in spring practice or visiting schools on weekends, Flanagan works at the family chicken farm with his grandfather and uncle.

"I may get two to three hours in after practice," Flanagan said. "On weekends that I don't have visits, I'll work from 9 in the morning to around 3 in the afternoon."

Some offensive highlights
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3064972/57d45d85da50b06c1c54ebf5

Some defensive highlights
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3064972/5806ecda5caa580d00a6e1be

Backwoods Bart

May of overlooked it, but I don't see anything on Billy Ferrell of Fordyce here. What is his recruiting status? Arkansas was hot on him last year when Arkansas coach BL went to Fordyce to watch Smackover's J. Jones and got a look at Ferrell.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 16, 2017, 08:26:59 am

May of overlooked it, but I don't see anything on Billy Ferrell of Fordyce here. What is his recruiting status? Arkansas was hot on him last year when Arkansas coach BL went to Fordyce to watch Smackover's J. Jones and got a look at Ferrell.

Offers from Colorado State and UCA

GBattack

YC

Sean Michael Flanagan Has received an offer from the Arkansas Razorbacks.

His offer list also includes offers from Missouri, Okla. St., Kansas, Ark. State, UCA, UMass, La-Monroe, and Tulane.

Proud Buckaroo

I heard Sean got an offer from Arkansas this afternoon and has committed.

GBattack

PB you would be correct. He ran a 4.5 today and apparently did very well. I'm SO excited for him!!

mr.gametime

Are they recruiting him for Wide Receiver or Safety??

GBattack

mr.gametime

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 16, 2017, 10:00:59 am
Offers from Colorado State and UCA

Has also picked up an offer from Memphis after running a 5.0 at the razorback camp at 327 pounds

SR30

Jared Rogers from Glen Rose is getting some looks. If Hunter Church can have a good year in the trenches he should get some strong D2 offers. We have a few juniors that should get some interest as well this next year.

panther07

Travis Turley has picked up an offer from Lamar, I believe.  Believe he is close to receiving one from Navy, as well.  He's going to be a lot to handle this year. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas