• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football Playoffs: National Championship Game: Alabama vs Clemson

Started by sevenof400, January 01, 2017, 12:07:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Made

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 10, 2017, 05:25:36 pm
lol I could counter that by saying they scored 30 on that same sunbelt team (Troy) and 35 against all world Alabama.😄 Dose Troy have a better D then Alabama?🤔
nope, just 1 point better than TOSU ;)

mtindian42

Quote from: Made on January 11, 2017, 12:24:25 am
nope, just 1 point better than TOSU ;)
lets dive into this. Troy give up 30. The bucks give up 31. Bama give up 35

Your saying Troy from a defensive stand point is better then both TOSU and bama by how many points they give up to a mutual opponent??? (Clemson)

Troy-30
TOSU-31
Bama--35

By your own logic bama would come in 3rd.

I will put aside my pride and rank them like this...

1-bama
2-TOSU

Huge gap

Troy.

All 3 in the order there ranked Clemson,Bama and TOSU would all destroy Troy now...

Made

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 11, 2017, 05:50:52 am
lets dive into this. Troy give up 30. The bucks give up 31. Bama give up 35

Your saying Troy from a defensive stand point is better then both TOSU and bama by how many points they give up to a mutual opponent??? (Clemson)

Troy-30
TOSU-31
Bama--35

By your own logic bama would come in 3rd.

I will put aside my pride and rank them like this...

1-bama
2-TOSU

Huge gap

Troy.

All 3 in the order there ranked Clemson,Bama and TOSU would all destroy Troy now...
bama lost by 3
troy lost by 6
TOSU lost by as much as clemson wanted to score

mtindian42

Quote from: Made on January 11, 2017, 07:39:30 am
bama lost by 3
troy lost by 6
TOSU lost by as much as clemson wanted to score
Troy scored 24 on the Tigers and bama 31. So you are saying bama only beats Troy by 7...

I know I know. TOSU scored 0. Lol you can't use that one now. Next!

nuttinbuthogs

Comparing scores, one of the most overrated tools for figuring who will win.  It's match-ups come game time that tell the tell.

Valleysports

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 10, 2017, 12:14:27 am
Clemson is not 31 points better then the bucks.

That's in the history books and not earlier in the season, when teams are getting their games together, it was just 2 weeks ago.  0-31 didn't even reflect what kind of a beat down TOSU got.  Clemson defense hit y'all HARD, I mean fast & hard!  It was obvious TOSU was shocked n awed.  lol  Bama vs Clemson was awesome, that first quarter was some of the hardest hitting ever. Meyer's is very aware of the speed differential and will try to address it.  TOSU exposed the Big10 as an over rated conference.

mtindian42

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 11, 2017, 09:08:28 am
Comparing scores, one of the most overrated tools for figuring who will win.  It's match-ups come game time that tell the tell.
thank you... Finally someone who has a little football knowledge on this board! Thank you sir.

mtindian42

Quote from: Valleysports on January 11, 2017, 11:02:52 am

That's in the history books and not earlier in the season, when teams are getting their games together, it was just 2 weeks ago.  0-31 didn't even reflect what kind of a beat down TOSU got.  Clemson defense hit y'all HARD, I mean fast & hard!  It was obvious TOSU was shocked n awed.  lol  Bama vs Clemson was awesome, that first quarter was some of the hardest hitting ever. Meyer's is very aware of the speed differential and will try to address it.  TOSU exposed the Big10 as an over rated conference.
what?

Made

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 11, 2017, 08:51:19 am
Troy scored 24 on the Tigers and bama 31. So you are saying bama only beats Troy by 7...

I know I know. TOSU scored 0. Lol you can't use that one now. Next!
Ark Pine Bluff   beat   Alcorn St   45 - 43
   Alcorn St   beat   Alabama St   21 - 18
   Alabama St   beat   Miles   53 - 20
   Miles   beat   Fort Valley St   34 - 21
   Fort Valley St   beat   Kentucky St   33 - 30
   Kentucky St   beat   Tuskegee   10 - 9
   Tuskegee   beat   NC Pembroke   21 - 16
   NC Pembroke   beat   North Greenville   49 - 35
   North Greenville   beat   Florida Tech   27 - 13
   Florida Tech   beat   Presbyterian   28 - 7
   Presbyterian   beat   Monmouth NJ   17 - 13
   Monmouth NJ   beat   Lehigh   23 - 21
   Lehigh   beat   Penn   49 - 28
   Penn   beat   Dartmouth   37 - 24
   Dartmouth   beat   New Hampshire   22 - 21
   New Hampshire   beat   William & Mary   21 - 12
   William & Mary   beat   Richmond   34 - 13
   Richmond   beat   Virginia   37 - 20
   Virginia   beat   C Michigan   49 - 35
   C Michigan   beat   Oklahoma St   30 - 27
   Oklahoma St   beat   Pittsburgh   45 - 38
   Pittsburgh   beat   Penn St   42 - 39
   Penn St   beat   Ohio St   24 - 21

See even 1 win UAPB is better than Ohio State

mtindian42

Quote from: Made on January 11, 2017, 11:35:55 am
   Ark Pine Bluff   beat   Alcorn St   45 - 43
   Alcorn St   beat   Alabama St   21 - 18
   Alabama St   beat   Miles   53 - 20
   Miles   beat   Fort Valley St   34 - 21
   Fort Valley St   beat   Kentucky St   33 - 30
   Kentucky St   beat   Tuskegee   10 - 9
   Tuskegee   beat   NC Pembroke   21 - 16
   NC Pembroke   beat   North Greenville   49 - 35
   North Greenville   beat   Florida Tech   27 - 13
   Florida Tech   beat   Presbyterian   28 - 7
   Presbyterian   beat   Monmouth NJ   17 - 13
   Monmouth NJ   beat   Lehigh   23 - 21
   Lehigh   beat   Penn   49 - 28
   Penn   beat   Dartmouth   37 - 24
   Dartmouth   beat   New Hampshire   22 - 21
   New Hampshire   beat   William & Mary   21 - 12
   William & Mary   beat   Richmond   34 - 13
   Richmond   beat   Virginia   37 - 20
   Virginia   beat   C Michigan   49 - 35
   C Michigan   beat   Oklahoma St   30 - 27
   Oklahoma St   beat   Pittsburgh   45 - 38
   Pittsburgh   beat   Penn St   42 - 39
   Penn St   beat   Ohio St   24 - 21

See even 1 win UAPB is better than Ohio State
from now on I'm saying what to all out of there mind folks. I'm sorry man. But... What....???🤔😆😂

Made

LRRandy

so that's why the national media has 4 B1G teams in the top 10 of the final poll. Ok. I'll just take a b u t t hurt sec fans word over national polling.

mack

Quote from: LRRandy on January 11, 2017, 04:46:37 pm
so that's why the national media has 4 B1G teams in the top 10 of the final poll. Ok. I'll just take a b u t t hurt sec fans word over national polling.

Nah, next year will be like last year and most others in recent history.  The SEC will populate the polls and the 10 will be mediocre as usual.

LRRandy

Quote from: mack on January 12, 2017, 10:12:12 am
Nah, next year will be like last year and most others in recent history.  The SEC will populate the polls and the 10 will be mediocre as usual.
and that's the fun if it. We get to see. Although, a few of the "too early" polls have 3 B1G teams in the top 10.

LRRandy

message board blow hard with hurt feelings that his conference is mediocre or national blog that does it for a living. Yeah, I value their opinion about the Buckeyes season a little more than yours.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/2016-final-cfn-rankings-best-seasons

Valleysports

lol I don't think I've opened a link in 5 years.....   The only b u t t hurt, was TOSU getting theirs spanked, and maybe pinched, all the way back to Ohio.  How did the Big10 end up in their bowl games anyway?  The conference was over ranked going into post season, so you only slid 4 or 5.  It's all good.  I'm not big on rankings, the playoffs did the talking, sent TOSU walking. You'd find it funny how I stop by this computer each day after duck hunting - public computer.   ;)

LRRandy

Valleysports

Nah I get a kick out of it.  The best thing about discovering TOSU Fan's and your inability to see reality, is that it keeps me from harassing Razorback Fan's.  I've been put in time-out too many times for that.  Hey I know this pastor, from Ohio (huge TOSU Fan).  He uses a lot of humor in his sermons, but I wish you could see the audience when he talks about Ohio St.  I'm serious - he was talking about TOSU football sunday, everyone just sat there with this blank look on their faces.  I think it amazes him, we don't know much about TOSU.  This thread does give me info to poke at him with.   :D   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas