• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 2A-4 Predictions

Started by Hornet4ever, December 18, 2016, 06:05:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

I figure most of the 4-2A remains the same going into next year. However, things can and will change..

1. Danville/Hackett - Probably come down to a week 7 showdown with these two at Danville... Hackett is not losing much. Danville is losing a lot, but they have a big sophomore class that I'm sure has some athletes tucked in throughout.

3. Mountainburg - Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Burg loses Pixely (QB). Thats a tough one, kid was a good QB. Burg is always usually tough.

4. Lavaca - Lavaca had some potential last season, but suffered some issues throughout the season with injuries and transfers. Lavaca has plenty of numbers though to shuffle some athletes into the right spots to be a contender.

5. Magazine - Magazine's junior high played really well this past season (undefeated). With some much needed help moving in from the junior high I think the Rattlers will slowly creep back into some success. Especially the the 2018 season.

6. JC Westside - Westside is always hanging around, but can never seem to put it together. I don't know much of anything about the Rebels going into next season. Almatrackster can maybe help with this one..

7. WYC - Western Yell County is fighting the same battle it has been battling in the last decade (or longer). Losing athletes to Danville, and Two Rivers. I did see some potential in one of the junior high running backs. Hopefully he sticks around....

8. Decatur - Decatur was doubtful to even field a team this season, but their numbers climbed enough to allow a season. I hate that for any team, I hope the school can bounce back and stay healthy next season.

Hackett, Danville, Burg and Lavaca will probably be the story of this conference again. The last couple of years has yielded some playoff success, as a 4-2A homer; I hope that continues!

Thoughts?

Allen T

Not as up on the players that are returning for the Little Johns. Know that we do have a proven QB returning. He's not got the legs of Madden but is a much better passer. Also know that we will have a running back returning. He had surgery at the  start of the season. Should be full strength when the season starts. Had several 10th graders on our line this past year. They should be even better when the season rolls around. Believe that Danville will be ok. If any other Little John follower's would like to chime in and either add or correct anything I've said it would be much appreciated.

Ventman

Hackett may break through this year. They gave England a tough  game this fall.

playmaker04

December 19, 2016, 12:12:24 pm #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:14:36 pm by playmaker04
1 Hackett- my preseason#8 team. They lost a good one in Stormes 23 TDS and collins 800+ rec but big Jr and soph classes with talented skill players Shipman 1000+ rushing, McBride 750+ APY and Hester 700+ rec could mean a conference title Hornet4ever.
2 Lavaca- has a chance to be really good. Only losing 5 Srs and have a nice Jr and soph class returning with several skill players. Losing Graves 1162 total yards but returning Eck who had over 400 yds in 4 games. Dockery 1124 total yards. Armistead,Terry and Harris who combined for 1500+ rushing.
3 Danville- losing huge Sr class and 2000+ rushing in Madding and Thurman. Only 5 jr's may be a rebuilding year. Big Sophomore class.
4 MB- losing Pixley 1000+ passing will hurt along with big Sr class. Have  decent numbers in Jr and Soph class.
5 JCW- only losing 4 Sr. With big Jr class numbers and depth should be better next season.
6 magazine- with really good Jr high team moving up they could play for a playoff spot next year.
7 WYC- will be extremely young with only one Sr on roster next season.
8 Decatur- numbers could be dangerously low next season.

AT

Danville does lose some great senior players and have very few juniors, but that sophomore class had some studs this year and they were absolute beasts in junior high. Danville will still be competing for the conference crown. Improvements in the right places could make for another good team.

Hackett returns most of their skill positions minus their QB, but am I wrong in thinking they lose a lot in the trenches? That being said, Hackett will be faster than everyone in the conferences probably and that will win them games. Hackett will be solid again.

Mountainburg was one of the few 2A-4 teams that wasn't young this past year. They did have some good players who weren't seniors though. A junior high crew who finished 2nd in the conferences moves up. Hard to tell. I don't think they will be as good as this past year after losing a 3 year starting QB.

Now Lavaca was young basically everywhere. I think they may make a run at the 2A-4 conference championship. They replaced some transfers and injuries well.

JC-Westside lost only 4 seniors and is starting to find their offensive identity. 3 of those seniors were key players in the trenches, though, so that's where the Rebels have to step up. Skill positions all return minus one. Plus, move up a promising junior high group and you have some recipe for some more success. The Rebel's problems is that all the teams ahead of them were young except Mountainburg.

Another problem for the Rebels is the team that was right behind them in the conference, Magazine, will start having some real good young talent in the mix. I do wonder if Magazine's linemen will be able to step up. Their great players are all skill positions and someone has to block for them.

Decatur loses their two best players and they didn't have much after that...or in junior high. It's just going to be hard to see success at Decatur. They get a few quick kids out there every year who can burn you for some touchdowns but stopping you is a whole different ordeal.

Western Yell County was last in the conference and loses the most out of all these teams probably. I don't see it being pretty for WYC next year. They did have some freshmen playing on the team, though.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 19, 2016, 06:01:42 pm
Danville does lose some great senior players and have very few juniors, but that sophomore class had some studs this year and they were absolute beasts in junior high. Danville will still be competing for the conference crown. Improvements in the right places could make for another good team.

Hackett returns most of their skill positions minus their QB, but am I wrong in thinking they lose a lot in the trenches? That being said, Hackett will be faster than everyone in the conferences probably and that will win them games. Hackett will be solid again.

Mountainburg was one of the few 2A-4 teams that wasn't young this past year. They did have some good players who weren't seniors though. A junior high crew who finished 2nd in the conferences moves up. Hard to tell. I don't think they will be as good as this past year after losing a 3 year starting QB.

Now Lavaca was young basically everywhere. I think they may make a run at the 2A-4 conference championship. They replaced some transfers and injuries well.

JC-Westside lost only 4 seniors and is starting to find their offensive identity. 3 of those seniors were key players in the trenches, though, so that's where the Rebels have to step up. Skill positions all return minus one. Plus, move up a promising junior high group and you have some recipe for some more success. The Rebel's problems is that all the teams ahead of them were young except Mountainburg.

Another problem for the Rebels is the team that was right behind them in the conference, Magazine, will start having some real good young talent in the mix. I do wonder if Magazine's linemen will be able to step up. Their great players are all skill positions and someone has to block for them.

Decatur loses their two best players and they didn't have much after that...or in junior high. It's just going to be hard to see success at Decatur. They get a few quick kids out there every year who can burn you for some touchdowns but stopping you is a whole different ordeal.

Western Yell County was last in the conference and loses the most out of all these teams probably. I don't see it being pretty for WYC next year. They did have some freshmen playing on the team, though.

We lose two senior starting linemen. We have replacements though, I'm not worried about it. Never easy losing a three year starting center though.

Hornet4ever

We still have some big junior defensive and offensive linemen. I dont think the line will be much of an issue, we had plenty of guys that rotated in and out on the line this season that know their role and how to do it. We will lose a little bit of beef from this season, this year was by far our biggest line that I can remember.

greenBlasian

I've actually had the chance to watch the Sophomore class of Danville grow up in the time frame that's given. When I was a Senior at DHS we were in the devastating 3A-4 conference, and the sophomores now we're 7th graders. There record overall is very aggressive with only 4 or 5 losses in the 4 years that they've played ball. This class is very athletic and very strong due to the intense training from Head Coach DJ Crane. He's the one that trains these playmakers during the off-season. There's honestly so many kids in this class. Possibly the biggest Danville's ever produced. I'd like to see Hackett beat these boys. Moving to the 3A was possibly the best thing to happen to these kids. As for the local Yell County teams Dardanelle is off doing what they do in higher class action, Danville is always putting up a good fight to the finish, Two Rivers is battling in their 3A schedule, and WYC is probably trying to plan on getting @least 1 win. It was crushing to hear that the team lost by a point to Mt. Ida but I believe this class has a state championship in them. As always, Go Green and Black!

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: greenBlasian on December 30, 2016, 02:52:04 am
I've actually had the chance to watch the Sophomore class of Danville grow up in the time frame that's given. When I was a Senior at DHS we were in the devastating 3A-4 conference, and the sophomores now we're 7th graders. There record overall is very aggressive with only 4 or 5 losses in the 4 years that they've played ball. This class is very athletic and very strong due to the intense training from Head Coach DJ Crane. He's the one that trains these playmakers during the off-season. There's honestly so many kids in this class. Possibly the biggest Danville's ever produced. I'd like to see Hackett beat these boys. Moving to the 3A was possibly the best thing to happen to these kids. As for the local Yell County teams Dardanelle is off doing what they do in higher class action, Danville is always putting up a good fight to the finish, Two Rivers is battling in their 3A schedule, and WYC is probably trying to plan on getting @least 1 win. It was crushing to hear that the team lost by a point to Mt. Ida but I believe this class has a state championship in them. As always, Go Green and Black!
to the best of my memory, the school colors are green and WHITE.  Black has never been an official school color.  Correct me if I am wrong.  i know black was a big part of the uniform colors recently, but not this year and this old timer is glad it is gone.  i believe in the traditional colors.

young_gun

Danville will return 8 starters on defense and 7 on offense with the QB having some starts under his belt and the throw he made in the game against Ida to tie the game proves he will be a good one. Hackett loses their qb and he was as good as Danville had seen this year. Danville's offensive and defensive lines will be better next year and replacing Thurman and Madding on offense and defense will be a challenge. The sophomore qb this year can sling it and he will have talented athletes to get the ball to and though he's not the best runner he has proven that when needed he's athletic enough to make a play when needed. He started at safety this year so he has experience. Cathey will be back from a knee injury he sustained against Mountainburg. Overall I think Danville will look different and the staff will have them ready to play for a 3rd straight conference championship.

liljj

number #24 from  Danville had  3 tds against Hackett last year will have a good year also a part the sophomore class

beach bum

I really think it is going to be the usual players in relatively the same spots or close.... I think Danville has to get the edge with its shear numbers of athletes. The recipe is just too much in 2A to always be good. Hackett really was a top 10 team this last year and has the talent with the right draw next year to be playing the day after Thanksgiving. Those two will carry the 4-2A. I think the 3 seed comes down to Mountainburg and Lavaca again. That QB was a really good player for Mountainburg and his playmaking will be tough to replace. I think Mountainburg will be power run heavy next year and their success will mount on how well a new line gels. If they get good line play they'll be good again with the big RB they have in place. Lavaca should be there too. JC Westside has seemed to plant itself a step ahead of Magazine, Decatur, and Western Yell the last couple years. Will they stay that way or will a team like Magazine show a little improvement and jump into a playoff spot? Then I think like everyone else we see Decatur and Western Yell down at the bottom again.

Hornet4ever

January 13, 2017, 05:48:40 pm #12 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:51:04 pm by Hornet4ever
Hackett has started a new program now, during the week the players made a commitment to show up before school (early am) and work out. They also have an additional work out session in their final period of school. Bigger faster and stronger! Go Hornets

HorseFeathers

I think magazine passes Westside for the 5 spot this year

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 13, 2017, 09:19:54 pm
I think magazine passes Westside for the 5 spot this year

If not this year, they will for sure the following year.

DHS#1

February 06, 2017, 11:34:27 am #15 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:27:01 am by DHS#1
Danville 7-0
Hackett 6-1
Lavaca 5-3
Mt.Burg 4-3
Magazine3-4
J.C Westside 2-5
WYC 1-6
Decatur 0-7

Danvillegrad77

records are confusing since they range from 7 -10 games

Hornet4ever

Hackett has performed well in 7 on 7's this summer. I know it's not the best outlook scenario for actual games, however, Hester is replacing Stormes as the QB this season and looks like he will be performing very well. In junior high he was all over the field, posing a good pass threat as well as scrambling. Excited to see what this season holds for us! Anyone else have any information?

beach bum

I'll plant my final prediction finally....

1.Danville (so many athletes and numbers for 2A)
2.Hackett (what can you say one of the steadily rising programs in all of  2A)
3.Lavaca- (the talent is there, but the wheels fell off last year, they have to prove it on the field first)
4.Mountainburg (steady ole Burg, they more than likely would exceed this prediction before going backwards)
5.JC Westside
6.Magazine (them and JC Westside will be a good game and you could switch the two teams if wanted)
7.Decatur (no reason to put them above WYC, they're just in my neck of the woods so I'll go homer pick above WYC)
8.Western Yell

Hornet4ever

I'll go out on a limb and say Hackett wins the conference this season. The juniors this season have a winning tradition and nearly ran the table as sophomores last season with some help from a few seniors. A few big boys decided to play this season and will help on the line FOR SURE.

Cannot wait for this season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas