• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russellville Lady Cyclones get a lot of new talent for this coming season

Started by thebeaufyfullgame, December 14, 2016, 12:42:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebeaufyfullgame

The Russellville Lady Cyclones will have a lot of depth for the years to come.
Those new freshman have improved so mich in the last couple of years.
They were playing in classic division and pretty competitive, the good thing about it is, that except for one player (Dardanelle) they all Russellville players, so 10 of these players now are Lady Cyclones leaving behind a couple more great player for next year.
Talked to their club coach and he is very optimistic on how they will help In HS.
There is better teams that his out there he said, but those are big club who bring players from other towns, while they played just with local players, and that help them a lot to become better players.
My daugther is a Jr, and whe she was a freshman we combined with the sophomores and play this team i think they were U13 back then and they beat us like 6-1 if I remember, since then i have not seen any RHS girls combine, to beat this team.
Great girls, great players and a great coach!
Im excited with those girls, i hope RHS coaches know how to develop those players.

jimmyt

I grew up in Russellville and played classic boys soccer under Jim Leiblong. Out of curiosity, how is the club program there in Russellville? What are the details about it like who is the director? What ages do yall have for some of the classic teams? Who are the coaches? Where do yall play/practice?

I'm glad to see that soccer there in Russellville has grown since I played but I just wanted to know some of those details.

thebeaufyfullgame

The director is Paul Kimbrough is a full time director not part time like the ones we have before.
Kids start playing at the age of 4 years old and have teams  up to U18.
There is many coa hes that i dont know their names, we have classic teams in all ages and gender.
Some have succes some don't.
Like the girls coach said, we play with local talent at any level, we are in the middle of no where, to pock players from other towns, and is the disadvantage ww have compare to the big clubs form central Arkansas and NWA.
This group of girls we getting, is our first classic team coming up to HS since i dont remember when.
We do need more good dedicated coaches thats for sure.
There id more than 700 kids in the soccer program.
Boy have the numbers and talent, but girls side lose many to  school sports.
There is more classic teams boys teams than girls.

The Coach

Quote from: jimmyt on December 15, 2016, 08:16:58 am
I grew up in Russellville and played classic boys soccer under Jim Leiblong. Out of curiosity, how is the club program there in Russellville? What are the details about it like who is the director? What ages do yall have for some of the classic teams? Who are the coaches? Where do yall play/practice?

I'm glad to see that soccer there in Russellville has grown since I played but I just wanted to know some of those details.

The program is ok. Def not the best I've seen. They practice at the complex by the lock and darn and play games there mostly. They will play at the HS every now and then. My daughter played for a year but, she didn't really enjoy it much so she doesn't play with them any more. She's more excited about playing the school season coming up. Coach wasn't bad but, had a hard time relating to the girls all the things he wanted done And the ways in which he wanted them to get done.

jimmyt

Thanks for the info. Russellville is a great place to live and the soccer complex by the lock and darn is an awesome facility. It seems like the high school program benefits from the labor that the rec and club programs are putting in at an early age.. and even Dardanelle.

thebeaufyfullgame

. My daughter played for a year but, she didn't really enjoy it much so she doesn't play with them any more. She's more excited about playing the school season coming up. Coach wasn't bad but, had a hard time relating to the girls all the things he wanted done And the ways in which he wanted them to get done.

If we are talking about same coach, don't see how she didn't enjoy much playing on that team, very fun to watch, "no one man show" they all knew what to do in the field, we have coaches who relates to the girls really good, and teams never develop, i have another younger girl in the program and she and her team will be so happy to have him as a coach, as well many of RHS girls, who likes the way hes work ethics, and knowledge of the game.
I hope many of these girls get a chance with Varsity team, but for sure that will be a very strong JV if play togheter.
I hope he comtinuo coaching for the good of many soccer girls.

The Coach

She didn't enjoy it, and she wasn't the only one. She'll be better and happier with school soccer no doubt.

thebeaufyfullgame

So, they all were force to play?
Players enjoy more playing school sports because of their friends, if this team stayed together for this many years, is because they enjoyed, now if we try to coach our kids, besides getting coach by some one else, then we make it difficult for our kids, and not enjoy where they at.
All i know these girls are back and play every season and i think they enjoy playing on that team, uncoachable kids or been coach by their parent, make them have a hard time.
I seen them working out almost all year around and girls are there, if nothjng else is going on, i know one quit becuase her dad want to coach from the sideline making the game very hard for the girl, and have a bad experience.
To bad your girl didn't enjoyed, but i know becuase these gurls told me that, they love their coach, is a big factor of what they know about soccer and the person he is, always getting them together and do things, no many coaches do that for their teams.

Kudos to the coach he always work out in the off season summer or winter, and it makes a differnce on this team.

big slop

futbolsoccer

thebeafyfullgame, thanks ma'am for you comments.
I know we talk a lot about soccer and my team, and yes, my group is playing soccer for RHS girls this season, some are more than ready, others need a bit more of work, and about some players not been happy with my team, there is nothing I can do, I know who they are, but missing practices ones a week and coming to practice late when they can, is out of my reach, these players show frustration, and lead to not be happy with me or the team.
I will always be there for these girls who wants to improve and develop.
this group will make a difference in a season or two, to me they can make an impact right away, but I'm not the HS coach, so nothing I can do there, just continuo my work in the summer and fall season.
and yes is the first girls coming up to HS playing classic club soccer in along, long time for what I heard, this group will be the JV team this season, is what it looks like.
my philosophy of the game is very simple, posses the ball, create space, move to the space, passing, shooting, use of skills when and where you need to, FIRST TOUCH, the most important thing and FUNdamentals.

we may not be the best team in the state, but we have enough to compete against the best teams, knowing that is a 14-15 roster and have players from 01-03 playing against big clubs, where they have 2-4 best players from towns around, is a disadvantage for us, but at the end is a win-win situation.

while many HS get 3-4 players from classic division to HS, we get 9. like a said, we are not the best but play in classic division, where is very competitive just make the players better.

players have step up, be committed, be competitive, they don't have that, will have trouble keeping up with the team, get frustrated, and quit.

BTW I'm missing my team, wasn't done with them last fall season, a lot of thing we didn't work on, but it was a mess with the state league.

but getting ready for summer and fall and of course, showcase tournament for them.

Buck183

Now that the season is well underway, how has this group of kids been doing in their first year of school ball?  Are they making an impact on the program?  Are any of them starting varsity? 

Would be cool to hear some updates on this. 

futbolsoccer

buck183
girls are doing good.
most of them play JV, and about 4-5 play with varsity some time.
JV still undefeated, and the leading scorers in Varsity are from this group, to me almost all of them can play in varsity, but I'm not the coach :-)
Russellville girls lost their most talented player, she quit the team, plus basketball team went to semis, so those players been on the tem for three weeks now, and trying to keep up with everyone else.
heard that some others form JV will be called up to varsity.
still trying to figure it out the rotation in Varsity, so this girls may be a better fit on their rotation.

Buck183

Quote from: futbolsoccer on March 19, 2017, 08:42:09 pm
buck183
girls are doing good.
JV still undefeated, and the leading scorers in Varsity are from this group, to me almost all of them can play in varsity, but I'm not the coach :-)
Russellville girls lost their most talented player, she quit the team, plus basketball team went to semis, so those players been on the tem for three weeks now, and trying to keep up with everyone else.
still trying to figure it out the rotation in Varsity, so this girls may be a better fit on their rotation.

Good to hear. Always nice to know there's incoming talent keeping the upper classman on their toes and making the team better. 

futbolsoccer

this group needs to step up, because next year JV team is going to be very weak.
only 4, 8th graders play soccer, everyone else never play before or quit three or four years ago, this group is goin to carry the HS program for a couple of years until 7th grader get it to 9th and available to play for HS.
but next year don't look to good for us on the girls side.

Lets Go 5

Quote from: futbolsoccer on March 19, 2017, 08:42:09 pm
buck183
girls are doing good.

Who did they lose and when?
Before this year or after the season started?
Also freshman, Soph, Jr or Sr?

thebeaufyfullgame

They lose, 1 Sr, 2 Jr, and  Some Sohp.
Some didn't do tryouts, and others quit before season started.
futbolsoccer, i hope you keep your team playing in the fall.

Lets Go 5

Quote from: thebeaufyfullgame on March 20, 2017, 05:47:11 pm
They lose, 1 Sr, 2 Jr, and  Some Sohp.
Some didn't do tryouts, and others quit before season started.
futbolsoccer, i hope you keep your team playing in the fall.

Sounds like you lost less then the average team does every year.  ;)
You didn't answer.. Who was the best player you mentioned?

thebeaufyfullgame

Well you also have to add the 6 that graduates last season is about 10 players we lost, how familiar you are with girls team to know names if i said who was the talented player they lose  ???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas