• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top 10: FINALS EDITION!

Started by JoshuaRug13, December 07, 2016, 08:26:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshuaRug13

It's time for some state championship football everyone!  Let's get hyped!  The two best teams in the 4A are getting ready to square off at WMS!

#1 Warren
The Lumberjacks are the only undefeated team remaining this year.  Can they get to 15 wins?  They face the tough task of playing giant killer Pea Ridge.  Will the cold weather also play a factor?  We shall see!

#2 Pea Ridge
Who thought these guys would be here at the end of the year?  Pea Ridge has went from flawed and winning to playing with focus, cutting penalties and executing on both sides of the football AND winning.  And they beat some big boys.  They have their toughest big boy yet...with Warren coming in undefeated.

#3 Prairie Grove
#SecondaryExposed

#4 Shiloh Christian
Shiloh went from moving the ball with ease in the 1st half to not scoring a single point en route to a heartbreaking loss to Pea Ridge...again.

#5 Joe T. Robinson
*Gone Duck Hunting...back in September*

#6 Nashville
BASKETBALL YA'LL!!!
Also Nashville revealed their new mascot for the year!  Looking nice!

#7 Dardanelle
Great news!  Shiloh is out of the playoffs so they have stopped scoring those 1st half touchdowns!

#8 Gosnell
*whistles*

#9 Stuttgart
Moved up without playing a game!  That is...cool.

#10 Hamburg
Fell from #7 because they didn't get any ducks last night!  They wasted those bullets! 
Also it was backed by popular demand in the last Top 10...so...the PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

K...comment if you wish!  ;D

AirItOut21

WPWells

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: AirItOut21 on December 07, 2016, 08:29:33 pm
No one cares

Thanks for coming by! 

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 07, 2016, 08:30:45 pm
Prairie Grove 42
Pea Ridge 21

Wish PG could have beaten Warren...we would get a game that would be much better than that first one I think!  PR has improved SO much since that game!  Like 5 times better! 

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 07, 2016, 08:32:02 pm
Thanks for coming by! 

Wish PG could have beaten Warren...we would get a game that would be much better than that first one I think!  PR has improved SO much since that game!  Like 5 times better!

I'm sure pg didn't get any better lol

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 07, 2016, 09:57:33 pm
I'm sure pg didn't get any better lol

Nope but if you look at that game, our QB threw many INTs.  We also had many of the dumb penalties and mistakes that killed us early in the year.  Wouldn't count on that this Friday if I were a Warren fan...

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 07, 2016, 10:04:43 pm
Nope but if you look at that game, our QB threw many INTs.  We also had many of the dumb penalties and mistakes that killed us early in the year.  Wouldn't count on that this Friday if I were a Warren fan...

Warren isn't looking for handouts.. lol

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 07, 2016, 10:11:43 pm
Warren isn't looking for handouts.. lol

I don't think he has thrown any INTs since that game.  So don't expect him to throw yah 3-4 INTs like he did against PG.  That gave them 21 points right there...

WPWells

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 07, 2016, 10:58:04 pm
Prairie Grove 42
Pea Ridge 21

;)

Pea Ridge says hi from War Memorial

;)

Meet you PG guys duck hunting though if you want after we get back from WMS...

;)

Made

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 07, 2016, 10:58:57 pm
;)

Pea Ridge says hi from War Memorial

;)

Meet you PG guys duck hunting though if you want after we get back from WMS...

;)
just spit tea on my computer

SCRAPYARD

The state championship game was played last week at PG. This is just a bonus game for PR for being in unchartered territory. When the semis started the 1-4a had a 75% chance of crowning a champion, now there is 0.

prHOG13

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on December 08, 2016, 06:39:56 am
The state championship game was played last week at PG. This is just a bonus game for PR for being in unchartered territory. When the semis started the 1-4a had a 75% chance of crowning a champion, now there is 0.
You're still struggling with accepting that whoopin y'all got, aren't you?

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 08, 2016, 07:02:30 am
You're still struggling with accepting that whoopin y'all got, aren't you?

+1

Look A Here

I thought Nashville beat Joe T. Robinson.  That would put Nashville ahead of them in a ranking, you would think.  Also Joshrug13's trolling of Nashville is almost on par with any Stuttgart fan

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Look A Here on December 08, 2016, 07:51:03 am
I thought Nashville beat Joe T. Robinson.  That would put Nashville ahead of them in a ranking, you would think.  Also Joshrug13's trolling of Nashville is almost on par with any Stuttgart fan

Meh, Nashville couldn't even get past the 2nd round...at least Joe T. made it to the Quarterfinals...

SCRAPYARD

JoshuaRug13

Nashville...State 2nd Rounders 2016!

SCRAPYARD

bigchief72455

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 08, 2016, 12:45:18 pm
Nashville...State 2nd Rounders 2016!
But they keep showing up in the playoffs continually.

JoshuaRug13

bigchief72455

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 08, 2016, 02:41:51 pm
But they keep showing up in the playoffs continually.

Yeah but with 5 teams qualifying out of each conference it's not as big of a deal as it used to be.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 08, 2016, 03:49:33 pm
Yeah but with 5 teams qualifying out of each conference it's not as big of a deal as it used to be.

+1

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 08, 2016, 03:49:33 pm
You'd think with 5 teams getting in Stuttgart could make it every year. Nashville and Warren do.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 08, 2016, 04:18:23 pm
You'd think with 5 teams getting in Stuttgart could make it every year. Nashville and Warren do.

Do they? Stuttgart with 33 playoff appearances, Nashville with 34, Warren with 22....

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 08, 2016, 04:25:20 pm
Do they? Stuttgart with 33 playoff appearances, Nashville with 34, Warren with 22....
Since 5 teams started getting in, which is what you mentioned, Stuttgart is the only one of those 3 that has missed the playoffs.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 08, 2016, 04:28:31 pm
Since 5 teams started getting in, which is what you mentioned, Stuttgart is the only one of those 3 that has missed the playoffs.

Yep, missed one year out of the last 20. Your point?

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 08, 2016, 04:30:41 pm
Yep, missed one year out of the last 20. Your point?
Seems like it's a big deal that a program like Stuttgart can't make the playoffs every year when over half the conference gets in.

~WPS~

December 08, 2016, 05:02:29 pm #32 Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:08:03 pm by ~WPS~
In 2009 5 teams from all conferences began making the playoffs. Since that time only 4 teams have made the playoffs every year. (Nashville, Warren, Gosnell, Gravette).

2 teams (Booneville and Shiloh) have spent the majority of the time in 4A and made the playoffs each year.

Never take making the playoffs for granted, even if 5 teams can make it. It's still a big deal, if it wasn't then more teams would have made it every year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 08, 2016, 04:44:43 pm
Seems like it's a big deal that a program like Stuttgart can't make the playoffs every year when over half the conference gets in.

Making the playoffs nowadays is a big deal only to schools that traditionally haven't.

And Newport missed the playoffs last year btw.

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 08, 2016, 05:03:53 pm

Making the playoffs nowadays is a big deal only to schools that traditionally haven't.

And Newport missed the playoffs last year btw.
Thanks for that on Newport, missed that. That makes it even more rare to make the playoffs every year.

bigchief72455

I think it need to go back to 4 going in. If you are a 5 seed with a 4-6 record I don't think state titles necessarily need to be your concern.

prHOG13

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 08, 2016, 05:27:22 pm
I think it need to go back to 4 going in. If you are a 5 seed with a 4-6 record I don't think state titles necessarily need to be your concern.
Agree

bigchief72455

bigchief72455

I think Arkadelphia and Monticello were the only 5 seeds that even kept it close this year. The others were blowouts.

prHOG13

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 08, 2016, 10:10:29 pm
I think Arkadelphia and Monticello were the only 5 seeds that even kept it close this year. The others were blowouts.
That Arky team is going to be salty the next couple years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas