• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way too soon Top 10.....

Started by Deuceswild, December 04, 2016, 11:44:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Deuceswild

Lets just see what you all think. You all know most of who you got coming back next year aside from transfers and PA and LRCA recruiting, LOL. Heres my top 10, Obvious way too soon, but is still fun.
1. PA- somebody has to figure out how to beat him at his own game. Most creative coach in the state as far as I am concerned. But he too loses some playmaking seniors
2. Wynne- I believe their running back tandem is coming back. Hard to beat smashmouth football
3. Batesville- They had some seniors but they have a great coaching staff and plenty of jrs returning next year
4. LRCA- they were young early but developed quickly
5. Morrilton Another well coached team but they lose a lot including their QB and both major impact receivers
6. Chapel- heard they found a gunslinger, always nice to have one of those in your purse.
7. Harrison- Perhaps I am biased but truth be told. Their success this year needed the senior class but the Jr and freshman class are filled with Ballers/Blockers. They should get to open up the bigger playbook finally. 3 All-state players, All Jr's. Plenty of talent around those 3 as well. Freshman class went undefeated very convincingly.
8. Alma- Well coached group but Noah Dotson is not just any old plug and play replacement. Believe they get some guys back but not sure how many and if they will be ready but I bet they will think they are. They always do.
9. White Hall- Great turnaround this year lets see how it forms into the playoffs
10. Blytheville- East should be fun to watch next year.

Remember this is the WAY TOO SOON top ten. Just for fun! I want to look back after I put next years first top 10 together and see how it compares.

PA Dad

I'll give my top 10 but it's really the final top 10 for this year.  I don't know enough about what the teams will look like next year.

1. PA.  I moved them to 2nd behind Wynne after they lost to East.  I won't do that again unless they lose to a 5A team.  PA loses 11 starters including their best running back and best DB.  But they will reload and be good again next year.

2.  Wynne.  Great season this year and they have a lot of players returning next year.

3.  Batesville.  They compete every year.

4.  Morrilton.  I don't know who they have coming back but they had a good year.

5.  Sylvan Hills.  They are going to get over the hump.

6.  LRCA.  They have the talent and were very young this year.  They will have a good year.

7.  Alma.  Like Batesville, they are always competitive.

8.  WC.  Good run in the playoffs.

9.  WH.  Best turnaround, and best story of the year.

10.  Greenbrier .  All round good program.

Jimmy1995

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. McClellan
4. Wynne
5. Alma
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Batesville
8. Watson Chapel
9. Greenbrier
10. White Hall

GuvHog

Quote from: Deuceswild on December 04, 2016, 11:44:07 am
Lets just see what you all think. You all know most of who you got coming back next year aside from transfers and PA and LRCA recruiting, LOL. Heres my top 10, Obvious way too soon, but is still fun.
1. PA- somebody has to figure out how to beat him at his own game. Most creative coach in the state as far as I am concerned. But he too loses some playmaking seniors
2. Wynne- I believe their running back tandem is coming back. Hard to beat smashmouth football
3. Batesville- They had some seniors but they have a great coaching staff and plenty of jrs returning next year
4. LRCA- they were young early but developed quickly
5. Morrilton Another well coached team but they lose a lot including their QB and both major impact receivers
6. Chapel- heard they found a gunslinger, always nice to have one of those in your purse.
7. Harrison- Perhaps I am biased but truth be told. Their success this year needed the senior class but the Jr and freshman class are filled with Ballers/Blockers. They should get to open up the bigger playbook finally. 3 All-state players, All Jr's. Plenty of talent around those 3 as well. Freshman class went undefeated very convincingly.
8. Alma- Well coached group but Noah Dotson is not just any old plug and play replacement. Believe they get some guys back but not sure how many and if they will be ready but I bet they will think they are. They always do.
9. White Hall- Great turnaround this year lets see how it forms into the playoffs
10. Blytheville- East should be fun to watch next year.

Remember this is the WAY TOO SOON top ten. Just for fun! I want to look back after I put next years first top 10 together and see how it compares.

I'll go with this. If the QB at WC is the one I'm thinking about, they didn't just find him, he played Jr. High football there. I've heard several say he's better than Jakobi Jackson was.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2017, 04:28:49 pm
I'll go with this. If the QB at WC is the one I'm thinking about, they didn't just find him, he played Jr. High football there. I've heard several say he's better than Jakobi Jackson was.
We're talking about the 10th grader to be?

tmycjy

Here is my top 10 pick

1 Pulaski academy 3 time state champion
2. Batesville 7 straight Simi finals
3. Wynne 2 out 3 state final game
4. Sylvan Hill been contender for years but player hurt cost them
5. Morrilton if player stay wegeable could go deep
6. LR McClellan one of the better top 8 team
7. Forrest City could contend for east tittle
8. Blytheville could be there in the east also
9. Alma could go deep if they get good seed
10. Watson Chapel last year Simi final team could go deep

Here some honnable mentioned
White hall
Harrison
HS Lakeside
magnolia

Rick Swines

I'm not sure on the other parts of the state but I can break down the east

1. Wynne- Brings almost everyone back plus adds a loaded jr high group.  Should win the conference with ease much like last season. 
2. Batesville- Lost a bunch playmakers but have a good solid jr class. 
3. Blytheville- Lost Clark but if I'm not mistaken they return 9 offensive and 8 defensive starters.  If that's correct they should compete
4. Valley View- Returns the quarterback and they got better throughout the year. Solid group of kids and has a 9th grade group coming up that will help out.
5. FC- I think they lost 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense.  If thats correct they could be battling Paragould, Nettleton, and VV for the 4th spot
6. Nettleton- Good nucleus but for some reason it went downhill in the 2nd half of the season. 
7. Paragould- A team on the rise with the new coach.  They played hard and improved throughout the season.
8. GCT- Just not much hope.  Lack of playmakers, not a great jr high team last year, and lack of numbers. 

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on February 14, 2017, 11:50:47 am
We're talking about the 10th grader to be?

Yes, He's projected to start at WC this year.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2017, 11:32:31 am
Yes, He's projected to start at WC this year.
I had a feeling that would happen, is Jackson going to play as well or?

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on March 07, 2017, 10:33:52 am
I had a feeling that would happen, is Jackson going to play as well or?

Jackson Transferred to Pine Bluff after getting kicked off of the team for cussing the head coach out after their loss to Magnolia last year. WC is watching that situation very closely so if Jackson even dresses out for Pine Bluff, WC will file a complaint with the AAA.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: GuvHog on March 20, 2017, 12:34:24 pm
Jackson Transferred to Pine Bluff after getting kicked off of the team for cussing the head coach out after their loss to Magnolia last year. WC is watching that situation very closely so if Jackson even dresses out for Pine Bluff, WC will file a complaint with the AAA.

Is there bad blood between WC and PB?  I can't imagine why WC would care if he's not their problem anymore.  They aren't even in the same classification.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 20, 2017, 03:20:04 pm
Is there bad blood between WC and PB?  I can't imagine why WC would care if he's not their problem anymore.  They aren't even in the same classification.

Cross town rivals.

Marblehog

Not sure about all the conferences but the 5a South will be the weakest its ever been

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 20, 2017, 12:34:24 pm
Hahahahahahaha, you do know Jackson has been back at Chapel for months now! He's in your starting pitching rotation!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: zebrafan on March 22, 2017, 12:29:59 am
Hahahahahahaha, you do know Jackson has been back at Chapel for months now! He's in your starting pitching rotation!
They are called guv facts. Throw them out as facts and see if they stick.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on March 20, 2017, 09:17:54 pm
Cross town rivals.

Rivalry implies that both teams have a reasonable expectation of wining the game. So in the case of PB vs Chapel....rivalry is too strong a word.

zebrafan

Quote from: Oldman on March 22, 2017, 06:30:18 am
They are called guv facts. Throw them out as facts and see if they stick.
My favorite game!

GuvHog

March 25, 2017, 10:42:40 am #17 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:48:01 am by GuvHog
Quote from: zebrafan on March 22, 2017, 12:29:59 am

That's what I get for listing to the wrong people. I was told that he had transferred to PB and would start for them at QB this season. Thanks for the correct  information. It will be interesting to see if Jakobi sets down with coach Dutton and tries to mend some fences with him over what happened last year.

The Future

This early in the year, any too soon top 10 basically is a top 10 finish of the previous season. So I won't put out a preseason top 10 for the next season just yet. But I will put out a bold prediction. You heard it here first folks. The 2017 5A state champion will not be from the Central.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 25, 2017, 10:42:40 am
That's what I get for listing to the wrong people. I was told that he had transferred to PB and would start for them at QB this season. Thanks for the correct  information. It will be interesting to see if Jakobi sets down with coach Dutton and tries to mend some fences with him over what happened last year.
For sure, I think both PB and Chapel will be starting Soph. QBs next year.

Marblehog

Quote from: zebrafan on March 26, 2017, 11:30:41 pm
For sure, I think both PB and Chapel will be starting Soph. QBs next year.
What about the stud Chapel QB who was a junior?  Did he quit

zebrafan

Quote from: Marblehog on March 27, 2017, 09:19:14 am
What about the stud Chapel QB who was a junior?  Did he quit
He got into with the WC head coach, quit the team then transferred to PBHS, stayed for a couple of weeks and now is back at Chapel....but as for the sophomore QB at WC...he's nice might turn out to be better than Jackson. We won't really know til summer what there planning on doing.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on March 27, 2017, 04:16:53 pm
He got into with the WC head coach, quit the team then transferred to PBHS, stayed for a couple of weeks and now is back at Chapel....but as for the sophomore QB at WC...he's nice might turn out to be better than Jackson. We won't really know til summer what there planning on doing.

Actually Jakobi didn't quit the team, he cussed out the head coach and was kicked off of the team. That's why I said I wonder if he'll set down with Coach Dutton and mend fences.

Marblehog

Any player that cusses the coach should never be allowed back on the team.  No matter how good he is. 

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 28, 2017, 12:18:38 pm
Actually Jakobi didn't quit the team, he cussed out the head coach and was kicked off of the team. That's why I said I wonder if he'll set down with Coach Dutton and mend fences.
If he mends the fences broken, do you think he could be moved to WR? Or he could go back to QB and Curry go to WR. Either way there some quality athletes on that team this year.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on March 28, 2017, 02:00:48 pm
If he mends the fences broken, do you think he could be moved to WR? Or he could go back to QB and Curry go to WR. Either way there some quality athletes on that team this year.

I doubt we'll really know the answer to that until the Cats take the field for their first game against Dollarway either at Cardinal Stadium or at UAPB.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 29, 2017, 09:41:00 am
I doubt we'll really know the answer to that until the Cats take the field for their first game against Dollarway either at Cardinal Stadium or at UAPB.
Same non-conference as last year?

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on March 29, 2017, 01:29:00 pm
Same non-conference as last year?

I believe that's correct They play at Dollarway then they get Pine Bluff and Warren in Wildcat Stadium.. WC had a starter out due to injury and a starter suspended for a half against Warren last year and that hurt them. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 29, 2017, 01:54:08 pm
I believe that's correct They play at Dollarway then they get Pine Bluff and Warren in Wildcat Stadium.. WC had a starter out due to injury and a starter suspended for a half against Warren last year and that hurt them. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.
PB is the same as well, the Warren game should be a good one...so long to wait though😬😬!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas