• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier boys soccer

Started by thegoalkeeper12, November 30, 2016, 09:59:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thegoalkeeper12

What are yalls thoughts on Greenbrier soccer this year? good bad? explain and lets talk.

Cyclone15

I hear they will be much improved with lots of seniors. One of the best goalies in state is back and their leading scorer from last year, which is a junior. If they have a weakness it will be in defense, where they lost 2 to grad. CBC. Should be in top of their conference.

sevenof400

Quote from: Cyclone15 on December 09, 2016, 06:47:30 pm
I hear they will be much improved with lots of seniors. One of the best goalies in state is back and their leading scorer from last year, which is a junior. If they have a weakness it will be in defense, where they lost 2 to grad. CBC. Should be in top of their conference.

A little perspective on this:  remember the 5A West is still a six team conference this year (recall both Alma and Farmington as still the unwashed heathens....) 

Maumelle has enjoyed a run of recent success in the 5A West, supplanting Harrison at (or near) the top of the conference.  Maumelle is a likely favorite to repeat as 5A West champions IMO.  Clarksville appears to be moving in the right direction and should be one of the four teams to represent the conference at state this year. 

From here, it appears to be:
(1) Maumelle's title to lose
(2) Clarksville
(3) Harrison, Greenbrier, Vilonia, Morrilton in a big bunch. 

I may be wrong about Clarksville, but watching (from afar) what they have been doing in recent seasons, it appears the interest is still up (which was never a problem) and the overall athleticism is increasing too. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas