• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 A Coach of Year

Started by Pat Swilling, November 30, 2016, 09:43:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Swilling

My vote - Mark King - Foreman, Vince Perrin - Dierks, Albert Coleman - Earle

Made

Pat Swilling

he has done a great job driving that Porshe.

Big Country

November 30, 2016, 10:05:10 am #3 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:40:23 pm by Big Country
King at Foreman gets my vote , Perrin has done a good job too........Dang I forgot about Widener ....sorry

sickwillie

I have to go with FlawlessThoughts- Head coach at Fearless Friday

Hornet4ever

Quote from: sickwillie on November 30, 2016, 11:02:33 am

This! +1

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Drake widener at des arc, took a team picked 3rd in conference and went undefeated in conference,  made it to the  quarterfinals with a team that lost a ton from last year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: unbiased_fan on November 30, 2016, 11:52:13 am
I had a sneaky suspicion you'd pick him.  Pun intended.

No reason for him not to be in the running.

Razorbacks48

speaking of widener, is he leaving Des ark?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on November 30, 2016, 12:22:37 pm
speaking of widener, is he leaving Des ark?

I dont think so. Not unless beebe comes open. He just made it through what was thought was going to be a rebuilding team. Got some more good talent and class sizes coming up.

itdontcare

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2016, 12:57:10 pm
I dont think so. Not unless beebe comes open. He just made it through what was thought was going to be a rebuilding team. Got some more good talent and class sizes coming up.
I think Coach greenwell did a great job at cross county..Head coach leaves late, probably three coaches coaching 7th, jr high and senior high, wins or ties for conference championship?, and finishes  strong in the playoffs.

Big Country

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2016, 12:57:10 pm
What if his old stomping ground Lonoke came calling ?

Dr. Defense

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2016, 11:43:33 am
Drake widener at des arc, took a team picked 3rd in conference and went undefeated in conference,  made it to the  quarterfinals with a team that lost a ton from last year

In another thread, you mentioned DA has three who will play college ball at some level, a big number for a 2A school.  Given that, HTH were they picked third in the conference?   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Big Country on November 30, 2016, 01:32:32 pm
What if his old stomping ground Lonoke came calling ?

Idk, but my thought on that is, lonoke doesnt have the athletes to compete with the big dogs in 4A. Hes more likely to win a title a title at des arc.

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on November 30, 2016, 01:58:02 pm
In another thread, you mentioned DA has three who will play college ball at some level, a big number for a 2A school.  Given that, HTH were they picked third in the conference?   

Well, 1 of the 3 just "blossomed" this year and turned in to a beast, the other 2 were figured to bebinlibe last year. We only returned about 4 or 5 starters, coaches picked us 3rd though.

AirWarren

There will be no more flawless thoughts after this season.

Hermitage wont have a team again and the "senior season" will be over with.

flawlessthoughts

Couldn't have done it without you holding my clipboard.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2016, 02:06:10 pm
There will be no more flawless thoughts after this season.

Hermitage wont have a team again and the "senior season" will be over with.
I agree.. See you again in 3 to 4 years when a swarm of my little reach age..

dawgpound

Now back to that coach of the year talk it's only one name that should come to mind and that's ABLES

purpleswag

Quote from: dawgpound on December 03, 2016, 07:19:45 am
Now back to that coach of the year talk it's only one name that should come to mind and that's ABLES

I can see your argument but do you really think that Ables is the reason for your turn around. Let's be honest here.

Ables is one of the luckiest coaches ever and picked up a freak athlete just before the season started.

dawgpound

It's all about game plan and preparation it goes back to off-season when they are building yea monta and Childs have helped a lot but does that take away from the game plan England had no answer for what happened last night when Hamptons defense dominated the game

purpleswag

Quote from: dawgpound on December 03, 2016, 08:18:11 am
It's all about game plan and preparation it goes back to off-season when they are building yea monta and Childs have helped a lot but does that take away from the game plan England had no answer for what happened last night when Hamptons defense dominated the game

You believe what you want. Definetly not the coach of the year. All he has to do is feed the beast and get out of the way. If he continues this success without Monta then he will have my vote next year. My gut tells me they will be ok but down next year.

Easy to play that kind of pressure defense when you know you have a stud behind you to clean up any messes

bobthebuilder

Quote from: dawgpound on December 03, 2016, 08:18:11 am

For everyone who thinks integrating new players into an existing team is easy has probably not done it.  It's hard...whether it is a football team or team at your job, it's hard.  Now it's not only game plan and preparation, it's making sure everyone fits and comes together for the good of the team.  Those new players can make it easy or hard.  Your existing players can make it easy or hard.  Hampton has been a situation where everyone worked hard to come together quickly....no way you can say what happened here had nothing to do with coaching.  Every one of our coaches had to step up big this year.

purpleswag

Believe what you want. I predict a different tune in upcoming years

bobthebuilder

Quote from: purpleswag on December 03, 2016, 09:49:24 am
Believe what you want. I predict a different tune in upcoming years

This thread is not about coach of the year next year...your argument is valid, just not timely.

Boomcannon

After all that recruiting Ables did I can't believe he isn't even considered. Maybe instead of a raise next year the school board will up his recruiting budget.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

bobthebuilder

Quote from: Boomcannon on December 05, 2016, 08:16:25 pm
After all that recruiting Ables did I can't believe he isn't even considered. Maybe instead of a raise next year the school board will up his recruiting budget.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

No recruiting going on here...idiot.

birddawg1986

I think Greenwell at Cross Co could be a candidate. He took over a program in August(dismissal of Williams) who lost about 15 SRs, and took them to the 3rd round. Not bad because that Sr group they lost were really good.

mtindian42

Mike white should win this...

M.I. D

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 11, 2016, 12:16:28 pm

I would think so. Several others had good years. Foreman, England, Hampton, Danville. All those coaches did well but when you win it all with 4 seniors that play you should be coach of the year hands down.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 11, 2016, 12:16:28 pm

Agreed I said chambers before but after Ida's playoff run and championship I think white is a no brainier here

ThreadWatcher

I would guess that Coach White secured Coach of the Year yesterday. Great person who knows and loves football.

greenBlasian

Are you KIDDING ME?! What about DJ Crane?!?!?! You know, from Danville. Little John's? Ring a bell to anyone? He's a phenomenal coach and his players look up to him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas