• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New sub rule after foul out in BB

Started by 1-Adam-12, November 10, 2016, 10:52:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

New rule says that if a team does not sub out a fouled-out player in 15 seconds, they receive a technical foul.

Would this still apply if a team has enough players fouled out to the point that they do not have any available subs?  If so it would seem a double whammy.

Rulesman

1-Adam-12

Brian G

Another new rule is no contact with the FT shooter until it hits the rim.

sevenof400

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 10, 2016, 10:52:13 pm
New rule says that if a team does not sub out a fouled-out player in 15 seconds, they receive a technical foul.

Would this still apply if a team has enough players fouled out to the point that they do not have any available subs?  If so it would seem a double whammy.

FWIW: this rule change shortens the period allowed for a sub from 20 to 15 seconds. 

Adjudicator

Quote from: B.G. on November 11, 2016, 10:22:54 pm
Another new rule is no contact with the FT shooter until it hits the rim.
Actually the rule is that the person occupying the top lane space can't cross the FT line until ball has touched the rim backboard or the FT has ended.  If contact is made its a foul.

Brian G

I will say that's not the way I heard 3 different refs explain.  I trust you but as with all new rules, there is variation in interpretation.

Rulesman

We're talking about 2 different rule changes here. 2-12-5 covers the time a DQ player must be replaced. 9-1-3h states "Players occupying marked FT lane line spaces may not enter the FT semicircle until the ball touches the ring or the FT ends."

Brian G

Im talking about a new rule that has to do with contact on a shooter.

Basketball13

Quote from: Adjudicator on November 15, 2016, 02:26:02 pm
Actually the rule is that the person occupying the top lane space can't cross the FT line until ball has touched the rim backboard or the FT has ended.  If contact is made its a foul.

This is how I've been told to officiate as well.

Rulesman

Quote from: B.G. on November 15, 2016, 09:45:03 pm
Im talking about a new rule that has to do with contact on a shooter.
if it's the FT shooter you're talking about its 9-1-3-h. It is tied to a 2026-17 POE that discusses illegal contact with the FT shooter, mainly the practice of making contact while boxing out the shooter  Other than that nothing has changed.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Adjudicator on November 15, 2016, 02:26:02 pm

And if I'm not mistaken, if no contact is made but the defensive player does cross the free throw line before the ball hits the rim, it is a delayed violation (no call if good, call the violation if the shot is missed).

Adjudicator

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on November 16, 2016, 02:31:16 pm
And if I'm not mistaken, if no contact is made but the defensive player does cross the free throw line before the ball hits the rim, it is a delayed violation (no call if good, call the violation if the shot is missed).
That is correct

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas