• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff High School "Respect or No Respect"

Started by TheESPNGuy, November 09, 2016, 10:12:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheESPNGuy

Something I found interesting about this years playoff is the story of Pine Bluff High School fighting for a 5th straight trip and a 6th trip in 8 years to Little Rock to play for a 6A Championship. I often read the threads on here about the different dominate powerhouse teams over the past few years and the convo seems to always revolve around Greenwood and go away from the Zebras. Now I am not knocking Greenwood for the level of success they've had since joining 6A because they have been dominate against teams across the 6A/7A landscape except for Pine Bluff High a team that went to Greenwood in 2013 and walked away with a 37-34 playoff victory (something that rarely happens) which ended the bulldogs 50 game winning streak as well as defeated a very very talented/powerful Greenwood team 28-21 in the 2015 6A Championship. Now Greenwood does own its sole 51-44 victory over the Zebras in the 2012 6A Championship but since then the Zebras have gone to the 6A Championship in 2013 and winning back to back Championships in 2014 & 2015. Is that still not enough to gather the respect of 6A football fans from across the state and if so why not? That's the question I would like to know.

The Future

November 09, 2016, 12:28:17 pm #1 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:29:59 pm by The Future
So many points. I don't even know where all to begin.
First off, I know you're not an ESPN guy. Most likely either a player or parent. Or possibly another account made by a poster for kicks. Who knows 

I have a lot I wanna say. But do you ever just start typing and then just don't know exactly how to respond to what they say? Well this is me now.

I know there will be many more posters post something that will be much better than anything I could try and say. So I'll just say this.

Yes Pine Bluff has a lot A LOT of respect.

Oldbadger

Respect is an attribute that is earned not given.  If one has to ask for respect, they probably don't deserve it.  I have never read a Zebra backer ever ask for respect, it isn't  necessary, their play speaks for itself; their record speaks for itself.  On the other side, no one ever disrespects the Zebras either, which is a sign of respect in and of itself. My team has been on the playing field with PB.  We won one and lost one.  My observation after both games is how PB showed respect for the team they had lost to and the teams they beat. If you took the time to go back on my posts about three years ago, you would read about my respect, but PB didn't ask for it, they earned it. I don't know if that answered you question or not, but I, like "The Future" question the motive of a poster who just signed up today and has one post to his credit.  If you are truly a first time fan and are asking a question like this for the right reason, you  haven't earned the respect of the posters on this forum yet.  You don't do that with just one post.

TheESPNGuy

I actually do work for ESPN. I co-host a sports talk show on ESPN Radio 104.5 FM in Baton Rouge Louisiana. I'm a Pine Bluff Arkansas native & a proud alum of Pine Bluff High School class of 2007. I'm also a sports writer as well as I cover highschool and college football (LSU, Southern Univ, Tulane, ULL, Southeastern) in the South Louisiana area. I'm also a contributer to The Underfeated which highlights black college football. I covered the Arkansas 6A & 7A Football State Championship last year as well as the 3A, 4A, & 5A Louisiana Football Highschool State Championship. The list goes on in terms of my background but just to name a few.

ricepig

Well, then by all means you should know better than to base anything off of a message board, or a caller driven show, haha.

Oldbadger

Well, uh, okay, you've earned my respect!  I didn't intend to jump down your throat, but most posters on 6A know about PB and have a high regard for them.  Respect is there, it just isn't mentioned because it doesn't have to be. I personally have a high regard for their program.  I have a personal reason.  My grandson played WR for Benton.  He had just moved there his senior year, so PB didn't know about him.  In the game for the championship of 6A South he scored 5 tds. and wound up beating the Zebras.  The PB players came to him and hugged his neck and some even talked to him for several minutes.  This is a sign of respect.  That made me respect them.  Of course this respect some times comes back to haunt you.  In the championship game, they knew who to stop.  They did.  Even then, they came to him and hugged his neck and consoled him.  That's a sign of respect.  I have since had the utmost respect for those kids and have and will defend them to this day.  Hope you feel better.  This is just one man's opinion!

TheESPNGuy

I do this for a living lol so I hear all type of things from people from phone calls to the blogs. I joined Fearless Friday to simply engage more with with you guys in Arkansas in terms of the 6A forum. I keep up with all sports from the state but I was curious with this topic because of what I stated above and what I typically see posted in these threads. I see you guys take this thread serious as if it is a job but trust me there's more coming from me as I move up the ranks in the Fearless Friday world lol

Pr8hd

November 09, 2016, 02:31:55 pm #7 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:31:06 pm by Pr8hd
I respect PB. If there is not as much respect this year for them, it probably has to do with more on what they had to replace than the team itself. Plus, they have shown some vulnerability. Last year, they showed none in the first 12 games as they allowed next to no points. I thought they were probably the best team overall in the state including 7A. GW played them admirable with a much smaller less talented team,but lost ultimately to a better team.  In 2013, IMO GW was the better team I thought since the PB kids were so young. GW gave up an 11 pt lead late in that game which they almost never do. That youth showed its head in the 2013 championship game when ED came in and took the title from them. They really should be 3 time defending champs. In 2012, we had the best athlete on the field and probably the state in Drew Morgan. Many did not believe he was as good as we claimed until after we had beat them. So, that makes PB 2-1 against GW which is not really an overwhelming edge, but the games came on big stages and PB got the job done in 2 of the 3.  As a GW fan, there is definitely respect based on that, but not fear. I certainly don't think PB fears GW as well.     

itsslim

Hey ESPN guy contact me 870-872-2294. The greenwood have more posters on fearless Friday than PBHS does, they actually talk more than they win. PBHS is 11th in the nation are far as state championships. We just let em keep typing away lol. Shoot me a text when u get a chance. Pine Bluff born n breed here!!

Pr8hd

Quote from: itsslim on November 09, 2016, 04:00:02 pm
Hey ESPN guy contact me 870-872-2294. The greenwood have more posters on fearless Friday than PBHS does, they actually talk more than they win. PBHS is 11th in the nation are far as state championships. We just let em keep typing away lol. Shoot me a text when u get a chance. Pine Bluff born n breed here!!

Slim, you should stick to soliciting on every single thread that website your games are shown on. You have about 701 posts and 600 are you soliciting that website with Meridex. He should probably talk to urbanlegend or zebradynasty. They offer a little more insight/knowledge into the Zebras than a hyperlink selling access.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 09, 2016, 04:25:15 pm
Slim, you should stick to soliciting on every single thread that website your games are shown on. You have about 701 posts and 600 are you soliciting that website with Meridex. He should probably talk to urbanlegend or zebradynasty. They offer a little more insight/knowledge into the Zebras than a hyperlink selling access.
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. Slim does provide useful information such as the national title ranking he posted on another thread. Also, what's wrong with networking? I believe that is what he's doing by giving his contact info. All and all I agree with your analysis of the whole "respect" topic. Both teams are well respected just through different paths.

itsslim

November 09, 2016, 05:06:43 pm #11 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 05:12:25 pm by itsslim
lol your opinion. I don't post everything on this site sir. This probably your only outlet to get your point across only though so shoot for it. All publicity is good publicity thanks man. Also sir, I haven't missed a zebra game in the last 8 years. I know what I'm talking about. Just don't tell everything I know on here sir

ricepig

Quote from: itsslim on November 09, 2016, 05:06:43 pm
lol your opinion. I don't post everything on this site sir. This probably your only outlet to get your point across only though so shoot for it. All publicity is good publicity thanks man. Also sir, I haven't missed a zebra game in the last 8 years. I know what I'm talking about. Just don't tell everything I know on here sir

Thank goodness.......

itsslim

Oldbadger

I said I respected PB players and coaches, but sometimes it's difficult to respect all the posters from PB and GW, especially those who don't know the definition of the word "humility". lol They each have at least one poster most of us would rather not hear from.lol

itsslim

Oh well now that all the personal jabs at adults who can no longer play football, let's talk about pine bluff not getting the respect it should, please

Oldbadger

I assume you are talking to me?  Oh well, you won't find a non-Pine Bluffian who respects the PB football program more than me.  But, as I said before, if you have to ask for it, you don't deserve it! The football program didn't ask for it, they earned it, hard to say the same for the posters. lol

itsslim

zebrafan

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 09, 2016, 04:25:15 pm

I got left off😰

itsslim

Pr8hd

November 09, 2016, 06:46:27 pm #20 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:49:04 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: zebrafan on November 09, 2016, 06:17:00 pm
I got left off😰

Sorry, ZF I would consider you a good source as well. I would not read Slim or the other new guy running around here saying the Zebra's QB was carrying the team, he should be D1, he was all they got, so on, etc. You should put as much stock in those as Bulldogger15 acting like he's a GW fan.

itsslim

zebradynasty

I think what ESPNguy was getting at is that even though PB gets respect...most of the time when it's a big game PB is the underdog no matter the opponent it seems. Part of that is we had a streak of getting to WM but not winning. I find it more satisfying when people that underestimate us HAVE TO give us respect once we beat them.

By and large PB posters aren't that bad on here not that many for one but most are pretty knowledgeable about football both male and female. I can't think of one PB poster that every time they post I cringe because I know they going to say something stupid.

itsslim

November 09, 2016, 06:59:12 pm #23 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:01:43 pm by itsslim
Man these folks wild. Who puts much stock into a free, public forum!! Everybody has an opinion, can't get upset about what someone posts. heck Donald Duck was just elected president, anything goes. Still 😂c u guys in the press box at War Memorial stadium December 3rd my pb fans holla at as usual

Pr8hd

Quote from: itsslim on November 09, 2016, 05:06:43 pm

Let's see you are an avid fan, but yet joined in 2014 so the timeline probably coincides with the site launch.

I said I respected the Zebras as well as mentioned the other day about the rankings you posted that it was impressive to have 2 Arkansas schools on the list. I believe that most all on here said they respected PB so far. You are the one that wanted to come with excuses and insults. I can respect your team, but sure as heck doesn't mean I have to tolerate your lack of respect or humility when others show reverence.   

itsslim

My bad for not joining fearless Friday the day it opened!!! Because I didn't I'm not a fan lol!! Ok 👌🏾

itsslim

Pr8hd

Quote from: itsslim on November 09, 2016, 04:00:02 pm
The greenwood have more posters on fearless Friday than PBHS does, they actually talk more than they win.

Was the thanks before or after this little gem?  If that's a thanks, we have two very different ideas of gratitude.   

itsslim

Lol aww man just having a lil fun. Heck we all fans who can't play the game anymore but still like talking trash from time to time

Pr8hd

November 09, 2016, 07:23:06 pm #29 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:28:51 pm by Pr8hd
Also, name me all these GW posters you make reference too? Future and me are about the only real regulars I see with any frequency any more (ocassionally BS, rona, or Diehard ( she has a new name now) will come around. I see far more these days of ZD, urbanlegend, zebrafan, and even yourself. GW has lots of one shot posters some come and go. I've made it known on here for a long time bulldogger was an imposter posting under an alias or some one with a deep rooted agenda. He likes to talk trash too and chum the waters.  I can't buy into that or the way he acts either even if he really is a GW fan.

T-Bone

Past records are "past" records.  Every year a team is likely to lose and pick up players.  I respect past too.  But what they have now is what they have now.  If they make final playoff game and win then this years team gets more respect.  To many people think more about what has happened than what is currently happening.  They are again, this year a good team.  With two losses already this good team has shown they can lose just like any other team. 

itsslim

Yea u right about that. Bulldogger or whatever his name is just love pushing folks buttons. Glad u cleared that up!! Most everyone else is cool

itsslim

I only advertise the website, because some folks ask about the zebras, instead of asking all the questions, watch the games after it's over. It's on demand on the website. I know most are watching their respective teams play live. But all zebra games are archived. Just like greenwood, been watching their games online from their website for the past 4-5 years.

Razorback Red

Quote from: TheESPNGuy on November 09, 2016, 10:12:27 am
Something I found interesting about this years playoff is the story of Pine Bluff High School fighting for a 5th straight trip and a 6th trip in 8 years to Little Rock to play for a 6A Championship. I often read the threads on here about the different dominate powerhouse teams over the past few years and the convo seems to always revolve around Greenwood and go away from the Zebras. Now I am not knocking Greenwood for the level of success they've had since joining 6A because they have been dominate against teams across the 6A/7A landscape except for Pine Bluff High a team that went to Greenwood in 2013 and walked away with a 37-34 playoff victory (something that rarely happens) which ended the bulldogs 50 game winning streak as well as defeated a very very talented/powerful Greenwood team 28-21 in the 2015 6A Championship. Now Greenwood does own its sole 51-44 victory over the Zebras in the 2012 6A Championship but since then the Zebras have gone to the 6A Championship in 2013 and winning back to back Championships in 2014 & 2015. Is that still not enough to gather the respect of 6A football fans from across the state and if so why not? That's the question I would like to know.

Good topic.  Like most on here, I think anyone who really knows AR HS football respects PB and their accomplishments over the years.  As for recent history, I think (just my opinion) GW has gotten more attention across the state because of the 7A/6A combined conf experiment.  GW ended up playing SS, NS, Conway, Bryant, etc., and PB was playing all 6A schools.  Not saying this is right, but wins over SS, NS and Conway get more attn across the state than beating teams you should beat. 

At the end of the day, state titles are what matters and PB does just fine in that category.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 09, 2016, 08:39:51 pm
Good topic.  Like most on here, I think anyone who really knows AR HS football respects PB and their accomplishments over the years.  As for recent history, I think (just my opinion) GW has gotten more attention across the state because of the 7A/6A combined conf experiment.  GW ended up playing SS, NS, Conway, Bryant, etc., and PB was playing all 6A schools.  Not saying this is right, but wins over SS, NS and Conway get more attn across the state than beating teams you should beat. 

At the end of the day, state titles are what matters and PB does just fine in that category.

I believe PB played NLR, NS, and Cabot in non-conference lately.

itsslim

Razorback Red

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2016, 08:43:21 pm

That's right I believe, I just don't hear as much about their schedule here in NWA.  From memory, I think they lost to NLR and maybe split with NS, and not sure about Cabot.  Overall, prob not as much success as GW has had against 7A schools.  If I am wrong, please correct my memory lapse since I didn't take the time to look them up. 

Honestly, now that Bville has split, I think a BHS game against PB or GW would be a great noncon game. 

I'm ready to go back to just 6A and let the top 32 fight it out.  Would be some great games. 

TheESPNGuy

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 09, 2016, 08:39:51 pm

I think we see Greenwood playing those games in large part to how many 7A teams that are in that area of the state. Looking at Pine Bluff's location in terms of travel there aren't many 7A teams in the region besides a couple Little Rock area schools, Bryant, & Conway. The rest of the area is full of 6A schools in which the Zebras have a pretty good track record against. The 5A (besides Watson Chapel), & 4A schools in the area don't want anything to do with the Zebras. Something I would love to see and I've been wanting for a while now is to see Pine Bluff High begin playing out of state opponents that are close in the region. Maybe a school like Monroe Neville or West Monroe High who contenders pretty much every year in Louisiana or even a school out of the Memphis area would be great to see for the Z's. I see the Northwest Arkansas schools doing this a lot with Oklahoma and Missouri. Even South Panola of of Mississippi would be a great matchup I believe. The Z's have a pretty successful track record to be able to play with those teams.

Razorback Red

November 09, 2016, 09:08:42 pm #38 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:13:59 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: TheESPNGuy on November 09, 2016, 09:04:02 pm
I think we see Greenwood playing those games in large part to how many 7A teams that are in that area of the state. Looking at Pine Bluff's location in terms of travel there aren't many 7A teams in the region besides a couple Little Rock area schools, Bryant, & Conway. The rest of the area is full of 6A schools in which the Zebras have a pretty good track record against. The 5A (besides Watson Chapel), & 4A schools in the area don't want anything to do with the Zebras. Something I would love to see and I've been wanting for a while now is to see Pine Bluff High begin playing out of state opponents that are close in the region. Maybe a school like Monroe Neville or West Monroe High who contenders pretty much every year in Louisiana or even a school out of the Memphis area would be great to see for the Z's. I see the Northwest Arkansas schools doing this a lot with Oklahoma and Missouri. Even South Panola of of Mississippi would be a great matchup I believe. The Z's have a pretty successful track record to be able to play with those teams.

Totally agree.  I think PB would match up pretty well with top schools in MS or even N LA.  South Panola had 1 or 2 really good games with NLR, but they were no match with a strong Bville team a few years back. 

AR teams have had some success against top out of state teams, and we've had some bad experiences.  Overall though, I like the exposure it brings AR kids. 

Bentonville has played more out of state powers than any other AR team recently, and my favorite game ended in a loss.  I was so proud of how the Tigers stood toe to toe with Euless Trinity (3 seasons ago) and had a chance to win in the 4Q.  I wasn't expecting to be able to hang with such a powerful program, but the kids stepped up.  My point is that AR HS football has improved and I think we have a ton of talent to compete.  I would like to see more of these games.  Harber stepped up big time this year and played Jenks.  They lost, but it was close in the 2nd half.  Nothing to be ashamed of losing to such a nationally prominent program. 

TheESPNGuy

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2016, 08:43:21 pm

One of the reasons why I asked Respect or No Respect is because Pine Bluff High doesn't get much or hardly any exposure in the Nothwest Arkansas area which in large part makes it rough for people across the state particular in that area to really understand what kind of program the Zebras have. People in that area are so loaded with 7A teams that I honestly feel they look down on the rest of the state in terms of competition. Pine Bluff High finished in the MaxPrep Top 100 last year going undefeated (13-0) with victories over 7A teams Fort Smith Northside (our longest active rival) & North Little Rock as well as a victory of 6A power Greenwood. The lack of exposure in that area and because of the great distance really plays apart when it comes to people respecting the program or even keeping up with them. In the past the Z's have also played Fayetteville, Fort Smith Southside, & Bentonville back in the old 5A set up. So I think you can better understand the post now and what I am asking.   

Razorback Red

Quote from: TheESPNGuy on November 09, 2016, 09:31:43 pm
One of the reasons why I asked Respect or No Respect is because Pine Bluff High doesn't get much or hardly any exposure in the Nothwest Arkansas area which in large part makes it rough for people across the state particular in that area to really understand what kind of program the Zebras have. People in that area are so loaded with 7A teams that I honestly feel they look down on the rest of the state in terms of competition. Pine Bluff High finished in the MaxPrep Top 100 last year going undefeated (13-0) with victories over 7A teams Fort Smith Northside (our longest active rival) & North Little Rock as well as a victory of 6A power Greenwood. The lack of exposure in that area and because of the great distance really plays apart when it comes to people respecting the program or even keeping up with them. In the past the Z's have also played Fayetteville, Fort Smith Southside, & Bentonville back in the old 5A set up. So I think you can better understand the post now and what I am asking.

All good points.  NWA is loaded with AR transplants that don't know the history of Barton, PB, Central, etc... in terms of AR HS football. 

Pr8hd

November 09, 2016, 10:00:22 pm #41 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:05:06 pm by Pr8hd
I think RR is right about the scheduling. GW had 3 non-con games with 7A teams last year and 4 conference 7A teams. They went 7-0 against basically half the Big Boys in the 7A. Now, the real heavyweights of the 7A weren't on the schedule. Those wins when you are the smallest 6A over the Big Boys, get attention especially in the western part of Arkansas as it was pointed out. Those heavyweight teams in NWA will continue to not be as threatened by the rest of the state until a 7A like NLR can overthrow one of them, so far that has not happened as the finals have been 2 NWA teams for several years in a row now.   

As far as the Z's I said I thought they probably had the best overall team in the state last year. I think I saw a few people say that at seasons end for sure. We don't know that without a doubt because they couldn't settle it on the field though. I think had this years NS game been played esp. the way NS's season has gone, we would know a little more. Ultimately, the Z's are the back to back defending champions until someone knocks them out and ends that quest for 3 in a row. Until then, it's all just talk and speculation.         

Pr8hd

November 09, 2016, 10:02:09 pm #42 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:05:51 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Razorback Red on November 09, 2016, 09:38:45 pm
All good points.  NWA is loaded with AR transplants that don't know the history of Barton, PB, Central, etc... in terms of AR HS football. 

This ^ and the same applies to a large degree in GW, lots of people here that only know the Bulldogs as winners not the times before 1996 when they were virtually irrelevant most years.

+1

ricepig

Quote from: TheESPNGuy on November 09, 2016, 09:31:43 pm

Again, if you are basing your "respect" on what someone says on here, then you are going to be disappointed. The NWA additions of the ADG definitely promote those area schools more than the guys in LR who cover central Arkansas football. I guess you need to look to the PB Commercial for your "respect". There aren't 20 "regular" posters on the 6A and 7A boards on here, so I guess I fail to understand the distraught you feign over this.

2000ZEBRA

I'm new to this Forum but I think alot of 7A schools are scared to play 6A schools and Pine Bluff is one they are scared of. Our tradition is the strongest in the state but alot of schools don't understand, so as we continue to win then they have no reason not to give us our respect. We deserve it

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2016, 07:08:45 am
Again, if you are basing your "respect" on what someone says on here, then you are going to be disappointed. The NWA additions of the ADG definitely promote those area schools more than the guys in LR who cover central Arkansas football. I guess you need to look to the PB Commercial for your "respect". There aren't 20 "regular" posters on the 6A and 7A boards on here, so I guess I fail to understand the distraught you feign over this.

I think you overplayed your hand on that. The poster asked a very legitimate question and articulated in a way not really putting down anyone or blaming anyone. I am sure him being so involved with keeping up with athletics and living outside of the state gives him a unique perspective. I also think him being a former Zebra may also affect that perspective. But nothing he's said so far leads me to think we have another idiot on our hands like bullcrapper! So lighten up and let's listen more than we talk.

Oldbadger

Dang, 2000Zebra, you are new to this forum.  Two posts!  Anyway, I don't think anyone is "scared" to play Pine Bluff, or "scared" to play anyone for that matter.  They do "respect" Pine Bluff for what it has accomplished and the continued success year after year. But, most schools are excited to play a school such as PB so they can measure their program.  How many teams can look at Pine Bluff and say, "we were the last team to beat them at home?"  Only Benton can and it is a source of pride.  That pride emanates from the respect they have for Pine Bluff, not their fear.  PB has earned that respect, but one should never say "we deserve it".  That is sort of like saying, "give me respect".  You don't have to ask, it's just there.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 10, 2016, 09:14:56 am
I think you overplayed your hand on that. The poster asked a very legitimate question and articulated in a way not really putting down anyone or blaming anyone. I am sure him being so involved with keeping up with athletics and living outside of the state gives him a unique perspective. I also think him being a former Zebra may also affect that perspective. But nothing he's said so far leads me to think we have another idiot on our hands like bullcrapper! So lighten up and let's listen more than we talk.

Maybe he needs to read more before he posts, again, outside of a couple of posters and your neighbors in PB, I don't find anyone "dissin" on PB.

ricepig

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on November 10, 2016, 08:41:24 am
I'm new to this Forum but I think alot of 7A schools are scared to play 6A schools and Pine Bluff is one they are scared of. Our tradition is the strongest in the state but alot of schools don't understand, so as we continue to win then they have no reason not to give us our respect. We deserve it

What?? First, PB is going to keep the WC game, and to the other two non-conference games, I don't think they've had a problem scheduling 7A teams, maybe you need to actually check your schedule.

TheESPNGuy

November 10, 2016, 09:50:57 am #49 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:12:42 am by TheESPNGuy
Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2016, 07:08:45 am

I'm only curious of the response from those like yourself whom seem to really not keep up with the Zebras as much or their 6A conference perhaps as to why you think the way that you do. I get your point fully about the coverage differences across the state except the comment about "look to the PB Commercial for your respect". There is no distraught at all about the purpose of this post. It's simply in a way an opinion poll. I'm one of those guys in large part because I cover sports for a living that likes to know what people really think. It's not like I'm using this information for a story or anything its simple blogging/communicating lol. Now I see all of this in this way. I'm one of those guys where regardless of location I keep up with all teams that have been successful over a period of time and in this case I favor keeping up with the 7A & 6A conferences in Arkansas in larger part because of the level of competition but I'm not bias towards any team even with me being a Pine Bluff High alum. I call a spade a spade when I see it. Now because of one of your statements above I can tell you probably don't keep up with the 6A Teams much outside of maybe Greenwood (I could be wrong) because you asked a question about not being sure about which 7A teams the Z's have played recently. I know the history in terms of schedules of all the 6A & 7A members. I'm sure you're very knowledgeable about all the teams the 7A Central/West and Greenwood have played in recent years (I could be assuming) but that's my point. Pine Bluff High has been perhaps one of the Top 5 Football Programs year in and year out in the state over the past 8 years but even you (I'm using you as an example for those whom probably don't get much Central Arkansas Coverage) don't pay them much attention. WHY??? So it goes back to my original question "Respect or No Respect". I'm wondering with that much success why don't they catch people like you or others attention like Bentonville, Fayetteville, Greenwood, etc do regardless of location in the state. Now in no way am I begging for you or anyone respect at all but if good football is being played by a team year in and year why not look more into them as a fan of good football just like the other schools mentioned above from Northwest Arkansas. You get what I'm saying and I'm not saying that in a negative way?   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas