• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A "TOO EARLY" Top 10

Started by KREWSAWHEWSKI, October 14, 2016, 11:15:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KREWSAWHEWSKI

No particular order.  Mainly based off last year for this list as I'm uncertain what most of these have coming back.

Bald Knob
Atkins
Haskell HG
Rose Bud
Genoa Central
Piggott
Horatio
Smackover
Lamar
Paris

Redwolves8526

Bald Knob should reload. Rose Bud should also be a contender along with Harding. Goodness, that conference is tough

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on October 14, 2016, 11:15:04 am
No particular order.  Mainly based off last year for this list as I'm uncertain what most of these have coming back.

Bald Knob
Atkins
Haskell HG
Rose Bud
Genoa Central
Piggott
Horatio
Smackover
Lamar
Paris

Bald Knob, Atkins, and Rose Bud will all be up there.
Take down Piggott, they lost almost everyone.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on November 28, 2016, 07:59:10 am
Bald Knob, Atkins, and Rose Bud will all be up there.
Take down Piggott, they lost almost everyone.

Horatio had a senior pitcher last year, so I'm uncertain what they have coming back there either.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

November 30, 2016, 07:47:36 am #4 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:56:14 am by Maximus Decimus Meridius
I know the score wasn't anything near their talent level but Lamar smoked us and our girls only lost 1 player so hope to see Rivercrest(mostly soph/jr this year) back up there in the state tourn.

playthegame12

I hear clinton has a pretty steady going team.  They only lost 3 players but have some great talent coming up from the freshman class along with a couple of seniors stepping up this year. I believe they will be up there in the top ten before long.

Redwolves8526

Will BK make it four straight? Has anyone ever done that before?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on February 27, 2017, 02:16:43 pm

Foreman won 6 in a row.

NEASPORTSFAN

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on February 27, 2017, 02:16:43 pm

No. This year is the Rosebud invitational. They are about to win 3 in a row.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: PioneerSoftball on March 01, 2017, 07:26:18 am
No. This year is the Rosebud invitational. They are about to win 3 in a row.

Haskell Harmony Grove should be in the conversation also. 

playthegame12

I went and watched clinton play in the last two games.. they have a GOOD team, better than I was expecting.  Solid infield.  I hear they have 2 freshman stepping up playing for them, but they are a great addition adding extra speed and power hitting.  They have a pretty stacked team.  I'm excited to see them play this year.  They have 2 juniors pitching and they are both pretty good with some solid defense behind them.  DONT COUNT CLINTON OUT.

Sweet

Horatio beat Genoa in Ashdown tournament.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Sweet on March 05, 2017, 07:32:01 pm
Horatio beat Genoa in Ashdown tournament.

Horatio hit the ball very well.  They are still working out the puzzle defensively, but I expect them to be a contender this season.

DreamBig

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 06, 2017, 07:42:00 am
Horatio hit the ball very well.  They are still working out the puzzle defensively, but I expect them to be a contender this season.

Have they seen any good pitching?? if not when do they play mena and nashville?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: DreamBig on March 08, 2017, 08:15:09 am
Have they seen any good pitching?? if not when do they play mena and nashville?

I don't have their schedule.  I can only comment on what I saw at Ashdown tournament.  Genoa Central is usually deep in 3A playoffs and Horatio pounded the ball against them.  Time will tell but they have the pieces in place to play good softball.  I don't necessarily expect them to fare too well against elite 4A teams, but they don't have to since they are 3A team.

WHITEchicken

From around my neck of the woods
Jc beat mcgehee last night 3-2
Smackover best crossett 11-1.
Jc is improved from last year but still not top 10.smackover is top 10 for sure.

BLUEBLOOD

Horatio is still playing very well.  Probably can't fly under the radar much longer at 10-0.  They will get some losses in the "blended" conference that they play in.  But they will also be very well prepared for 3A postseason play.

WHITEchicken

Blue how did Horatio do this weekend at the tournament in arkadelphia?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: WHITEchicken on March 13, 2017, 05:37:23 pm
Blue how did Horatio do this weekend at the tournament in arkadelphia?

They are 11-0 after beating Ashdown yesterday.  They won the Arkadelphia tourney.

WorkOrder

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 01, 2017, 08:04:53 am
Haskell Harmony Grove should be in the conversation also.

I was told that Haskell dropped out of a tournament due to the lack of players???? What's the deal? Roster shows they have 18 girls, and are playing very well according to maxpreps. Why did they drop out of the tournament?

Redwolves8526

What is BK's record so far? Who have they played?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: WorkOrder on March 14, 2017, 08:39:16 am
I was told that Haskell dropped out of a tournament due to the lack of players???? What's the deal? Roster shows they have 18 girls, and are playing very well according to maxpreps. Why did they drop out of the tournament?

Having zero info about the situation, my guess would be some kind of school activity (EAST, choir, quiz bowl, etc) must have affected several players so they pulled out of tournament.  I believe they are entered in the D-Mac tournament in Hope this coming weekend.

fearless

Haskell Harmony Grove hasn't dropped out of any tournaments and are playing with a full roster. They played this past weekend in the Drew Melton and beat Van Buren 18-1 and Bryant 2-1.

Just a guess, but maybe someone is confusing them with Camden Harmony Grove????

XFalkonz

Haskell was supposed to be in the DMAC but we were told they would not be playing in the tournament.

WHITEchicken

Probably had some playing basketball early

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on March 14, 2017, 08:43:22 am
What is BK's record so far? Who have they played?
Not sure, but I think they have only played 1 varsity game and got beat pretty bad by Wynne. 7-1 if I remember correctly.

Chester A. Arthur

Horatio 12-0. Beat Mena 6-1 today.

softball fanatic

Didnt Horatio lose to RB in the first round of state last year 11-0?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas