• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulldogs vs Mavericks

Started by The Future, September 03, 2016, 01:30:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Greenwood coming off of a strong first half and a second half with some mistakes but still a good win against Northside.
Southside coming off an embarrasing blanketing 47 to 0. Southside will not want to lose this home game and will do I'm sure whatever it takes to win. At the same time, Greenwood does not want to drop their streak against Southside. I'm expecting a very physical game.

I was asked if that game was a result of Harber being that good this year or Southside being that bad. I think it is a bit of both. Harber is a very good team while it appears from the out looking in that Southside is down. But then again, according to all the Southside Faithful, they've been "down" every year the past 4 or 5 years  ::)

Greenwood better not look at that 47 0 score and walk in thinking a blowout. Jones better have these kids, especially these 10th graders, ready for a game.

I'm picking Greenwood by a TD.

Any other thoughts.

Hornet4ever

It's hard not to notice the 47-0 loss week 1. I think the Rebs come in pumped and ready to go. But I also think Greenwood prevails and continues their streak against South Side.

Bulldogs 35

Rebs 28

Should be a good one.

rona

Greenwood will prepare exactly like they always prepare. Coach Jones and his Staff will spend endless hours and a Game Plan will be developed like it always is. The flow of the Game will dictate what part of the Game Plan will be used. It's called Coaching which clearly defines Greenwood.  I also believe the Game will be close with Greenwood winning by a TD.

bulldogger15

The Mavericks, Rebels or whatever they want to call themselves are still from the same mold. Baitshop will love this (Maybe not).

Greenwood 38  Southside 13

Joey McCutchen will most likely protest the final score so we won't have an official ending to this one until the first week of the playoffs. Despite several appeals by Baitshop and Joey McCutchen, the Greenwood Bulldogs will be declared the winners and continue their dominance of the school from the southern portion of the city of Fort Smith.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Hornet4ever

Mavericks. Lol. That cracks me up.

Coach Venny Slocombe

catfish1

WHY is this Game not being played at the UGW I know we played at SS last yr??????

Bulldogfan44

Sitting here wondering how many Confederate flags will be in attendance. Haha

7AFBFAN

Don't worry boys if the number 3 team in the state won 47-0 this one should easily be a mercy rule by half if you guys are number 2. Will Jones call off the dogs and make this one respectable?

beach bum

rona

Quote from: catfish1 on September 05, 2016, 07:50:52 am
WHY is this Game not being played at the UGW I know we played at SS last yr??????
Games

Northside and Southside are no longer in the same Conference with Greenwood. Each School schedules three non-conference Games. Greenwood had Four (4) Home Games scheduled in their Conference (Russelville, Texarkana, Benton, and Lake Hamilton)  and Three away Games (Siloam Springs, Sheridan, and Eldorado). In addition Greenwood had scheduled Alma for one of it's non-conference Games for it's 5th and Final Home Game. Now Greenwood needs two away Games to complete their five Away Game schedule - Northside and Southside was in need of one more Home Game each - the Agreement was made!  Next Year Greenwood will play Northside and Southside at Home and their Conference Games will rotate.  The ideal arrangement for all schools is to have 5 Home Games and 5 Away Games for a Regular Season Schedule of 10 Games. These arrangements are normally  made with two Year Contracts and change with the timing of AAA realignment changes every two years. Hope this sheds a little light on your question!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on September 05, 2016, 09:38:13 am
Sitting here wondering how many Confederate flags will be in attendance. Haha

If I heard correctly, Southside does not allow Confederate flags at their games. And has not allowed them for some time now. Don't want too hurt anyones feelings you know.....  ::)

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 06, 2016, 03:57:08 am
If I heard correctly, Southside does not allow Confederate flags at their games. And has not allowed them for some time now. Don't want too hurt anyones feelings you know.....  ::)

However, even though I do not agree with that. I do respect peoples rights. If you see the flag, and don't feel comfortable around it, then so be it. I dont agree, and its a tradition thing IMO but whatever.

Coach Venny Slocombe

What are the Dixie Chicks or high steppers, whatever they are called gonna wear now? Flight suits?

7AFBFAN

Bulldogfan44

@CoachVenny. Maybe you should pay attention to the game an stop worrying about everything else. It's obvious you didn't watch the game very close last week..

Madmax

No way SS should be getting blanked 47-0, that's absolutely inexcusable.  Either SS has a severe lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball or there are coaching issues.  Southside is between a rock and hard place - not really bad enough to demand a coaching change, but not good enough to really be relevant any longer.

Baitshop

^^^That's a nice troll attempt^^^

Hornet4ever

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 06, 2016, 09:14:28 am
Southern Belles?

I believe it was Dixie Belles. But I think SS is trying to get away from anything involving the word "dixie"

Lol.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 06, 2016, 10:44:29 pm
I believe it was Dixie Belles. But I think SS is trying to get away from anything involving the word "dixie"

Lol.
It's Southern Belles now.

Madmax

Quote from: Baitshop on September 06, 2016, 08:16:07 pm
^^^That's a nice troll attempt^^^

Not trolling, I'm a SS alumni and as big a fan as any.  Just calling it like I see it.

7AFBFAN

I think people are over reacting. One week doesn't make a season.

Baitshop

Quote from: Madmax on September 07, 2016, 09:14:21 am

Not trolling, I'm a SS alumni and as big a fan as any.  Just calling it like I see it.

I am aware that you are Southside alum....I just don't see a lot of "fans" short selling the head coach or coaching staff, regardless if they feel the need to "call it like they see it" or not...

To each his own, I guess....

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on September 06, 2016, 11:03:29 am
@CoachVenny. Maybe you should pay attention to the game an stop worrying about everything else. It's obvious you didn't watch the game very close last week..
And it's pretty obvious that you and your buddies are too stupid to know when sarcasm is being used, but the three of you have already proven you are so stupid it is pointless arguing with you three...have fun talking between yourselves...lol...can't wait till something goes wrong and watch you guys play the blame game...Papa, Daddy and the neighbor next door that couldn't coach...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 06, 2016, 09:14:28 am
Southern Belles?
Is that it now 7A? Did they have to change from Dixie?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 07, 2016, 10:02:31 pm
Is that it now 7A? Did they have to change from Dixie?

Yes that is the name. I am not sure if that was part of the original decision tied in with the whole mascot change or not. Would imagine it was done at same time. I am past all that. Hope the fans will come out support the school Friday.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 07, 2016, 10:16:00 pm
Yes that is the name. I am not sure if that was part of the original decision tied in with the whole mascot change or not. Would imagine it was done at same time. I am past all that. Hope the fans will come out support the school Friday.
Yeah, all joking aside I hope it works out for you guys...it does kinda suck though...

Bulldogfan44

Connor looked great week 1! Looking forward to seeing what he does to The Southside Defense!

bulldogmom

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 07, 2016, 10:01:09 pm
And it's pretty obvious that you and your buddies are too stupid to know when sarcasm is being used, but the three of you have already proven you are so stupid it is pointless arguing with you three...have fun talking between yourselves...lol...can't wait till something goes wrong and watch you guys play the blame game...Papa, Daddy and the neighbor next door that couldn't coach...

Coach V stop acting like a mean teenage girl and  wanting to fight with people.( Conner can't take a hit. Oh just kidding.) No you are not!

You have said some really mean and untrue things about Conner's family. I know both QB's and their families and you need to stop stirring the pot of hate. Both have nice families and both boys are good QB's. They do have different skill sets but that is what makes the combination on the field so potentially awesome. I can't wait to watch them both play on Friday Nights! Also, remember they are KIDS! If you are a Greenwood fan support! Don't wish bad things to happen for one or the other. If you are friends with one of the families, you can still support the other.  Those two are a team. Be nice and have fun watching them work together. I will be at the game yelling for every player wearing bulldog blue and a couple in rebel/maverick blue. So put away all malice and all deceit and envy and all slander. ( from Peter 3:16) Be a fan! GO Dogs!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bulldogmom on September 08, 2016, 11:25:37 am
Coach V stop acting like a mean teenage girl and  wanting to fight with people.( Conner can't take a hit. Oh just kidding.) No you are not!

You have said some really mean and untrue things about Conner's family. I know both QB's and their families and you need to stop stirring the pot of hate. Both have nice families and both boys are good QB's. They do have different skill sets but that is what makes the combination on the field so potentially awesome. I can't wait to watch them both play on Friday Nights! Also, remember they are KIDS! If you are a Greenwood fan support! Don't wish bad things to happen for one or the other. If you are friends with one of the families, you can still support the other.  Those two are a team. Be nice and have fun watching them work together. I will be at the game yelling for every player wearing bulldog blue and a couple in rebel/maverick blue. So put away all malice and all deceit and envy and all slander. ( from Peter 3:16) Be a fan! GO Dogs!

Late to the dance I see...the taking a hit isn't the comment we are talking about...I know both Qb's and their families also...so there goes that. I also hope both do well. You will never see anywhere on here that I wanted one to do well over the other. Get you facts straight before jumping me, or at least provide some facts...where were you last year when that group blamed one "KID" for the PB loss? Hmmmmmm...

7AFBFAN

Looks like they are bringing out the heavy hitters. I expect an id soon to be on here with name bulldoggrandpa1 and bulldoggrandpa2. Good stuff.

Bulldogfan44

Just wish some people would get over themselves. Some people just like to hear themselves talk. Or in this case, like to watch there self type. Lol @"Coach"

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2016, 11:49:05 am
Looks like they are bringing out the heavy hitters. I expect an id soon to be on here with name bulldoggrandpa1 and bulldoggrandpa2. Good stuff.

<Changes name to BulldogFourthCousin1>  ::)  ;D

Pr8hd

On a game note, spoke to the spouse of a SS coach the other day and be the vibe I got was that they are not real confident after their boat race at the hands of HB, which was their second in a row going back to last years playoffs. I told them I was surprised by that score and was told in return they saw it coming. I think the score was not indicative as much about the SS defense as it was about the SS offense inability to get things going.

Seems like after Jackson's departure, the QB position at SS has had as much continuity as their mascot.  ;)

GW has to shore up a few things this week, they better learn to drive the nail in the coffin when you go up 19-0 and not ease off the gas.

I think this one will be closer than what many expect though. 

Baitshop

September 08, 2016, 02:30:17 pm #34 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:32:14 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2016, 11:49:05 am

Oh dude, you are ALREADY on here with the parents/grandparents....there are 3 of them that only post using the name one of the UofG QB's....hmmm, let's guess which one that they are related to.

I've been on the board for 10 years and there is nothing more fun that parent/close family posters....they flash on the board out of nowhere and when the kiddo graduates are never to be seen again.

bulldogmom

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2016, 02:08:34 pm
On a game note, spoke to the spouse of a SS coach the other day and be the vibe I got was that they are not real confident after their boat race at the hands of HB, which was their second in a row going back to last years playoffs. I told them I was surprised by that score and was told in return they saw it coming. I think the score was not indicative as much about the SS defense as it was about the SS offense inability to get things going.

Seems like after Jackson's departure, the QB position at SS has had as much continuity as their mascot.  ;)

GW has to shore up a few things this week, they better learn to drive the nail in the coffin when you go up 19-0 and not ease off the gas.

I have a couple of friends on the Southside team. I think they will do much better this week. I hope they do well but I have to go for the bulldogs to win. By the way I am not someone's grandma. You guys get nasty. I guess I should have just stuck to reading. WOW! CVS I go to church with you! :-[

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2016, 02:08:34 pm

I am guessing everyone else is more impressed with Northside than my take. Their offense was not good and their secondary was weak. I think GW will have to improve to be up by 19 this week.

bulldogger15

September 08, 2016, 04:18:00 pm #37 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:54:03 pm by bulldogger15
Quote from: Baitshop on September 08, 2016, 02:30:17 pm
Oh dude, you are ALREADY on here with the parents/grandparents....there are 3 of them that only post using the name one of the UofG QB's....hmmm, let's guess which one that they are related to.

I've been on the board for 10 years and there is nothing more fun that parent/close family posters....they flash on the board out of nowhere and when the kiddo graduates are never to be seen again.
I agree with Baitshop. People do just walk away and leave it to the Fearless Friday sages to continue on after their kiddo or relative graduates. However, sometimes people move on because their kiddo or relative moves on to bigger and better things, like playing D1 sports for red colored, swine mascot led teams. I know Southside hasn't had that happen much over the past 10-12 years, so I can see why you're a little bitter about the subject Bait.

Really funny that I could hear crickets after Noland started the Northside game last week (other than Coach Venny being a total idiot and wrong, as usual). Looks like Noland will follow the path of numerous other Greenwood Bulldog footballers in playing for the Razorbacks. I guess Noland's family and friends should not follow the kid on to bigger and better things and just stay here posting and hashing out real important items like 1. Critiquing new field turf around the state 2. Jr. High starting line-ups 3. Who knows which booster better (this one is actually very entertaining sometimes) 4. Do my socks match today or should I just stay home.

I'm sure Coach Venny and the rest of the Over the Hill Gang will be here years from now talking about what could've been. At some point, you gotta move on.

A wise old man that had never posted on Fearless Friday once told me "Don't worry about people who talk behind your back, they're behind you for a reason".

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Bulldogger15....you sound like one of those fellers that might disappear from the ol' FF board around December 2017..??

Am I close..??

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 08, 2016, 05:31:20 pm
Bulldogger15....you sound like one of those fellers that might disappear from the ol' FF board around December 2017..??

Am I close..??
Nope, 2020 for me Baitshop. Close, but as usual, no dice.

The neat thing is you Mavericks will have a new mascot by then for sure. I predict an overwhelming politically correct mob of ranch riders will demand that the poor play of your football team has offended true Mavericks everywhere (Dallas included) and you will be forced to be known by another splendid name. I truly can not wait to hear what that might be. Southside Southsiders? That one would be easy for you fellers to remember wouldn't it?

Salamanders, Snowmen, Hashslingers? That last one rolls off the tongue very nicely. By the way, the Southside Bulldogs has a terrible ring to it, so don't try anything silly Baitshop.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Pr8hd

September 08, 2016, 08:53:52 pm #40 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:03:20 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2016, 03:44:43 pm
I am guessing everyone else is more impressed with Northside than my take. Their offense was not good and their secondary was weak. I think GW will have to improve to be up by 19 this week.

I am not sure what to think of NS's offense, sort of like what to think of SS's offense because I assume if the assessment that the NS offense is not that good, what sort of statement does a goose egg say for the SS offense?  I'll hang up and listen.  8)

GW wins this one and SS will be half way to the prestigious Decade of Ineptness Club...Alma sends a hearty "Welcome!"   :P

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 08, 2016, 04:18:00 pm
I agree with Baitshop. People do just walk away and leave it to the Fearless Friday sages to continue on after their kiddo or relative graduates. However, sometimes people move on because their kiddo or relative moves on to bigger and better things, like playing D1 sports for red colored, swine mascot led teams. I know Southside hasn't had that happen much over the past 10-12 years, so I can see why you're a little bitter about the subject Bait.

Really funny that I could hear crickets after Noland started the Northside game last week (other than Coach Venny being a total idiot and wrong, as usual). Looks like Noland will follow the path of numerous other Greenwood Bulldog footballers in playing for the Razorbacks. I guess Noland's family and friends should not follow the kid on to bigger and better things and just stay here posting and hashing out real important items like 1. Critiquing new field turf around the state 2. Jr. High starting line-ups 3. Who knows which booster better (this one is actually very entertaining sometimes) 4. Do my socks match today or should I just stay home.

I'm sure Coach Venny and the rest of the Over the Hill Gang will be here years from now talking about what could've been. At some point, you gotta move on.

A wise old man that had never posted on Fearless Friday once told me "Don't worry about people who talk behind your back, they're behind you for a reason".

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Yeah, I'm the idiot alright...I guess blaming a kid for losing a game doesn't make you an idiot? You do remember doing that right? Everybody else does and everyone knows who you are... You make yourself look stupid daily...Papa, Daddy or next door wannabe coach...lol...this is getting quite funny...

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2016, 08:53:52 pm
I am not sure what to think of NS's offense, sort of like what to think of SS's offense because I assume if the assessment that the NS offense is not that good, what sort of statement does a goose egg say for the SS offense?  I'll hang up and listen.  8)

GW wins this one and SS will be half way to the prestigious Decade of Ineptness Club...Alma sends a hearty "Welcome!"   :P

I did not say the SS offense was any better. Are you saying the GW defense is even in the same stratosphere with Harber? No comment needed we will see tomorrow night.

7AFBFAN

Oh yeah I forgot to mention if SS wins they will have to monitor every bridge in Sebastian county. The band wagon will be empty and all you boys have to look forward to the rest of the year is winning a juice box.  ;D

Dad of Future Dog

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ya'll.  Long time no post,,, i still like to read and learn (if that is possible?)  Do any of you yanks believe in reincarnation?  Or a cat with nine lives?

A lot of this stuff sounds familiar, and a lot of fun to read.  Except for bait being quiet:(

I am just going to say what I always do.  I hope for a good game with no one getting hurt.

See you tomorrow night;)

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Dad of Future Dog on September 08, 2016, 10:24:55 pm
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ya'll.  Long time no post,,, i still like to read and learn (if that is possible?)  Do any of you yanks believe in reincarnation?  Or a cat with nine lives?

A lot of this stuff sounds familiar, and a lot of fun to read.  Except for bait being quiet:(

I am just going to say what I always do.  I hope for a good game with no one getting hurt.

See you tomorrow night;)

Welcome back brother. We need someone to stir the pot some. Bait is being awful quite. I saw someone sprinkling what looked like pixie dust on the field tonight. I sure hope it works this time.

Pr8hd

September 08, 2016, 10:36:16 pm #46 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:40:16 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 08, 2016, 10:00:36 pm
I did not say the SS offense was any better. Are you saying the GW defense is even in the same stratosphere with Harber? No comment needed we will see tomorrow night.

No, I said GW had things to work on. Honestly, I didn't see either game.So, I was not making comparisons to anyone offensively or defensively.

I know this though GW is the small fish in the large pond. SS still considers themselves a big fish on the scale of BV, FV, HB, and the heavyweights of 7A, so the expectations have to be better than 84 to 7 combined score in their last couple of outings from the close of the 2015 campaign to the start of this one.  <Bazinga!>

Now, got to wash my hands from messing with the Catfish Charlie stink bait. 

7AFBFAN

September 08, 2016, 10:57:43 pm #47 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:03:21 pm by 7AFBFAN
Quote from: Pr8hd on September 08, 2016, 10:36:16 pm
No, I said GW had things to work on. Honestly, I didn't see either game.So, I was not making comparisons to anyone offensively or defensively.

I know this though GW is the small fish in the large pond. SS still considers themselves a big fish on the scale of BV, FV, HB, and the heavyweights of 7A, so the expectations have to be better than 84 to 7 combined score in their last couple of outings from the close of the 2015 campaign to the start of this one.  <Bazinga!>

Now, got to wash my hands from messing with the Catfish Charlie stink bait.

Bro I don't think anyone knows what to think of week one. Or what to expect out of either team tomorrow night. I think Southside is probably cognizant but not happy that they have fallen a tier behind the top 7A teams as of late. I think they fit well in second tier though. Some want to place them in an irrelevant category but not so fast. I know they sent Cabot home early last year and likely to sneak up on another team or two this year. We shall see. Good luck to the dogs tomorrow night. I know they will be prepared and give a good effort.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 08, 2016, 09:49:48 pm
Yeah, I'm the idiot alright...I guess blaming a kid for losing a game doesn't make you an idiot? You do remember doing that right? Everybody else does and everyone knows who you are... You make yourself look stupid daily...Papa, Daddy or next door wannabe coach...lol...this is getting quite funny...
Right, you are an idiot CVS. Responsibilities in life start at a young age. The sooner anyone realizes their shortcomings, the sooner they can be corrected. You should really know who you're pointing a finger at before you get trigger happy. Not a wise move, but I would not expect any less from you, CVS.

This above all, to thine own self be true. Age and position are irrelevant.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas