• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin Kaepernick

Started by Black and Gold, August 28, 2016, 11:15:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Gold

What a crap storm. I really don't know where I stand on this. What do you think about how actions? His reasoning?

I suppose I shouldn't get too upset about this. It is his first amendment right to not stand for the national anthem. Like I said though, I haven't quite figured out where I stand.

Black and Gold

Didn't mean to post this in SEC. Sorry about that.

VHSCoach2

I am pretty shocked he decided to sit on the bench like he did.  I mean, you would figure he would want to get off of it since that is where he will be spending most of his time this season.

Black and Gold

Definitely gonna be hot topic. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out

ricepig

I have no problem with him wanting to exercise his rights to address any issue. I have a big problem with his method of choice to do it. .

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2016, 01:26:25 pm
I have no problem with him wanting to exercise his rights to address any issue. I have a big problem with his method of choice to do it. .

I totally agree.  But the way he chose to do it definitely got him more attention than just about any other way he could have gone about it. 

Maynard G Krebs

Maybe he is trying to make himself relevant is some sort of way.   If he is so oppressed, maybe he should take his skills to some other country and see what it gets him.

Things like this is why I'm pretty much uninterested in professional sports nowadays.

neaguru

it doesn't matter to me what he thinks about racial discrimination (even though there is more African American on African American crime going on and he won't say anything about that) what I can't stand is that he is disrespecting and not honoring all the men and women (some are of the races that he says are being discriminated) that gave their life to protect us and give us freedom. I hope that he isn't successful in anything else that he does.

Black and Gold

I'm with ricepig. Exercise your rights, just go about it in a better way. There are many better ways to go about drawing attention to problems in America. When was the last time you heard about Colin going into poor neighborhoods to help, or donating to the needy. Seems like much more of a publicity stunt than anything else to me.

mtindian42

Lol Obama refuses to wear the American pin on his jacket. Lot worse then this...imo

Longfellow

Reports from the 49ers say that Kaepernick is in great danger of being cut. So there's that

neaguru

Quote from: Longfellow on August 28, 2016, 08:32:09 pm
Reports from the 49ers say that Kaepernick is in great danger of being cut. So there's that
Awesome.

AirWarren

Wonder what his white family that adopted him thinks about this? Since so many white murderers are out there running amuck ya know?

Another entitled POS athlete if you ask me.

beach bum

August 28, 2016, 09:38:16 pm #13 Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:44:14 pm by beach bum
These are like the same big babies who will not say the Pledge of Allegiance because of the "under God" part. I say that as a non religious person. Who cares because we are all Americans lucky enough to live in a country where you can be successful in some form and have a great life no matter if you are male, female, black, white, brown, straight, gay, religious, non religious, etc. and it sounds like Kaepernick has lost sight of that pretty badly. All in all because we are lucky enough to not be in North Korea this is his right to do so no matter how stupid he looks. What will sitting during the anthem really prove though?

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on August 28, 2016, 09:38:16 pm
These are like the same big babies who will not say the Pledge of Allegiance because of the "under God" part. I say that as a non religious person. Who cares because we are all Americans lucky enough to live in a country where you can be successful in some form and have a great life no matter if you are male, female, black, white, brown, straight, gay, religious, non religious, etc. and it sounds like Kaepernick has lost sight of that pretty badly. All in all because we are lucky enough to not be in North Korea this is his right to do so no matter how stupid he looks. What will sitting during the anthem really prove though?
That he has no respect for the men and women who have sacrificed their lives so he has such freedoms...

AirWarren

He is a brat. Period. Yeah he grew up as an adopted kid, but had a GREAT life thanks to those evil white people that took him in. I swear man. These self righteous a holes. But of the media would just leave him alone and not even cover it, his "statement and stance" wouldn't even be a big deal. Just media crap.

beach bum

You know you stink at the quarterback position when Blaine Gabbert beats you out for the starting job..... lol seriously Blaine Gabbert.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2016, 10:53:20 am
That he has no respect for the men and women who have sacrificed their lives so he has such freedoms...

Exactly!!

nuttinbuthogs

Sad that he has to use the organization that has made him rich and famous.  I don't think he addressed much of the reality of black oppression.  Black on black crime being the greatest source in their own neighborhoods.  Nope, its the fault of those white folks who live across town.  Then I hear someone talk about how we need a good open and honest dialogue about our countries race problem.  We need to be honest about the problem and the problem as they say is found by looking inward first.   It is just a political ping pong ball.  If we were to solve it what would they use then?  Back to Kaepernick, he needs to appreciate what he has been given by this country and stop disgracing the nation and the flag.  If you have a bone to pick, so be it but get to the problem, the flag ain't the problem.  No matter our fault's we still have it better than anywhere else regardless of your background.

cuckoobird

AirWarren

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on August 29, 2016, 08:57:01 pm
Sad that he has to use the organization that has made him rich and famous.  I don't think he addressed much of the reality of black oppression.  Black on black crime being the greatest source in their own neighborhoods.  Nope, its the fault of those white folks who live across town.  Then I hear someone talk about how we need a good open and honest dialogue about our countries race problem.  We need to be honest about the problem and the problem as they say is found by looking inward first.   It is just a political ping pong ball.  If we were to solve it what would they use then?  Back to Kaepernick, he needs to appreciate what he has been given by this country and stop disgracing the nation and the flag.  If you have a bone to pick, so be it but get to the problem, the flag ain't the problem.  No matter our fault's we still have it better than anywhere else regardless of your background.

Appreciate? Please. These morons don't know what that is. Now ENTITLEMENT. Yeah, that's the word that has replaced appreciation.

nuttinbuthogs

At the root it is a cultural and political thing.  I blame a lot on the politicians of both races who have contributed to the problem for sake of a sure vote.

Texarkana_Piggie

this is attention ho 101.  "when i'm no longer relevant i pull some stunt to get my name back in the news."  he's back in the news and everyone is talking about him.  worked.  idiot.   

nuttinbuthogs

Too much time on his hands.  Now he is an avenger.  Go buy a new car, you will feel better.

AirWarren

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 30, 2016, 11:01:13 am
this is attention ho 101.  "when i'm no longer relevant i pull some stunt to get my name back in the news."  he's back in the news and everyone is talking about him.  worked.  idiot.   

Yup. Exactly.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

The First Amendment does give him the protection to say/demonstrate something stupid.  It does not, however, protect him from the backlash of said stupidity.

bleudog

August 31, 2016, 11:59:59 am #26 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:04:00 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on August 31, 2016, 11:03:01 am
The First Amendment does give him the protection to say/demonstrate something stupid.  It does not, however, protect him from the backlash of said stupidity.

I would think his contract would have some kind of code of conduct clause. Being stupid on ones own time is one thing. Being stupid while "on the clock" would seem to be something else.  C'mon man, this was at the stadium, during pre-game, while in uniform. His employer should cut him loose.

(I still think the bigger problem is too many "activists" who attempt to build or maintain followers by portraying criminals as martyrs.) 

cuckoobird

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: bleudog on August 31, 2016, 11:59:59 am
(I still think the bigger problem is too many "activists" who attempt to build or maintain followers by portraying criminals as martyrs.) 

SJW's are some of the worst people.  Whether it's boredom, extreme naivety, or some past slight against their person, they are pretty much universally miserable people.

bdubyab60

August 31, 2016, 04:24:42 pm #29 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:27:39 pm by bdubyab60
I'm all for everyone's right to free speech and so on. But I find it hard to believe him when he's wearing a Castro shirt, one of the most oppressive people to ever walk the earth and was fined for dropping the N word on an opponent. Then where has he been the past several years, not like this has just started. Not to mention he is as privileged as anyone out there. What is he doing besides sitting to help the situation. Does he donate anything, time or money, to help in these oppressed areas.

Sitting on the bench and in your big house isn't going to change a thing.

I think its more about him than anything. As in he's trying stay in the spotlight so he don't get cut.

Ventman

He is an idiot! If he doesn't like this country he definantly has the money to pack his bags and leave!

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 31, 2016, 04:24:42 pm
I'm all for everyone's right to free speech and so on. But I find it hard to believe him when he's wearing a Castro shirt, one of the most oppressive people to ever walk the earth and was fined for dropping the N word on an opponent. Then where has he been the past several years, not like this has just started. Not to mention he is as privileged as anyone out there. What is he doing besides sitting to help the situation. Does he donate anything, time or money, to help in these oppressed areas.

Sitting on the bench and in your big house isn't going to change a thing.

I think its more about him than anything. As in he's trying stay in the spotlight so he don't get cut.

Make a real change or shut up in my opinion. Go volunteer with troubled youth and trash teach them ways to stay out of trouble, how to deal with cops, etc.

Doubt he does any of that though. Better idea is to "protest".

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2016, 09:59:57 am
Make a real change or shut up in my opinion. Go volunteer with troubled youth and trash teach them ways to stay out of trouble, how to deal with cops, etc.

Doubt he does any of that though. Better idea is to "protest".
Exactly

AirWarren

Saw where the idiot took a knee on military appreciation night. Also has a pair of socks with pigs in cop hats. This guy, real piece of work.

Redwolves8526

Wish the media would stop giving this clown so much attention. The camera should have never been on him during the national anthem.

AirWarren

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 02, 2016, 08:26:22 am
Wish the media would stop giving this clown so much attention. The camera should have never been on him during the national anthem.

That's the problem. I hate the media more than I hate a liberal.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on September 02, 2016, 08:45:21 am
That's the problem. I hate the media more than I hate a liberal.

There's been more coverage on Kaepernick then there has been the Lousiana flooding. Pretty much sums up the state of today's media. And I'm a liberal. You better not hate me AW.

nuttinbuthogs

Last time there was a flood like that the media crucified bush.  Hmmm, how different when its a liberal democrat doing nothing.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 02, 2016, 01:38:51 pm
There's been more coverage on Kaepernick then there has been the Lousiana flooding. Pretty much sums up the state of today's media. And I'm a liberal. You better not hate me AW.

You're a service man. You also have common sense, I've seen your post on the old politics board and I can tell you know how to rationalize and see right from wrong on both sides of the spectrum. I know I can.

And you're from Warren. I can't hate you ha.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 02, 2016, 02:13:18 pm
Last time there was a flood like that the media crucified bush.  Hmmm, how different when its a liberal democrat doing nothing.

Was just discussing that the other day with some friends. Disgusts me.

Hornet4ever

Kaepernick is desperate for attention. If you want to exercise your rights, that's fine. But what he did made him look like ignorant in my opinion. Spitting in the face of people who have fought and died for our country. You cant stand and show respect for our country? We don't want you. 

Longfellow

More of his jerseys have been sold in the last week than in the last 8 months combined. Also in 49ers news, LB Bruce Miller arrested after punching 70 year old man in the face

AirWarren

Megan Rapinoe has joined in on the garbage. Respect for her has plummeted for me.

Longfellow

Has always been my least favorite player on the USWNT. This doesn't improve my opinion of her

WPWells

She's trying to become relevant again

AirWarren

Just leave the effing country if you feel slighted. That's what I wish I could tell them. Turn in their citizenship and freaking leave.

Neither one of them seem to be hurting too much thanks to this country.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Obama thinks it's okay...lol...imagine that! ;D

bleudog

Quote from: AirWarren on September 05, 2016, 12:51:44 pm
Megan Rapinoe has joined in on the garbage. Respect for her has plummeted for me.

I heard that on a sports radio talk show yesterday.  My first thought was who was Megan Rapinoe?

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 06, 2016, 08:56:08 am
Obama thinks it's okay...lol...imagine that! ;D

Quote from: bleudog on September 06, 2016, 09:14:46 am
I heard that on a sports radio talk show yesterday.  My first thought was who was Megan Rapinoe?

Understandable ha. She is a soccer player for the USWNT.

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas