• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State of the SEC Indoor Track and Field Teams (as of 2/21/2016)

Started by AT, January 18, 2016, 12:07:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

January 18, 2016, 12:07:40 am Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 07:59:09 pm by Almatrackster
Projected Points for SEC championships - Men
Arkansas - 104.50
Mississippi - 103
Texas A&M - 78
LSU - 68.50
Georgia - 59
Florida - 50
Tennessee - 49
Alabama - 46.50
Kentucky - 30
South Carolina - 28.50
Miss State - 18
Missouri - 15.50
Auburn - 12.50

Projected Points for SEC championships - Women
Arkansas - 133.50
Florida - 84.33
Georgia - 82
LSU - 59
Kentucky - 53.83
Tennessee - 48.50
Mississippi - 41
Texas A&M - 37.50
Auburn - 30.50
Alabama - 20.33
Miss State - 20
Missouri - 20
Vanderbilt - 18.50
South Carolina - 13

RATTLER43

Women's race for the title could be one for the ages.  Weeks near 15' already! 

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 18, 2016, 05:58:00 pm
Women's race for the title could be one for the ages.  Weeks near 15' already!

Lexi and Payton did very well the first meet.

Kenzo and Jarrion got after it in the 60 meter dash.

Hopefully our distance guys come on strong because that's the only way our men are going to win an SEC championship this year. A&M is a very balanced team this year. Not just sprint heavy.

Also to be noticed that Florida has not ran a meet yet which will shake things up even more.

RATTLER43

Yes. Our distance crew need to show up.   I believe the women can make another push for the title.  So excited.

AT

Coach Bucknam definitely didn't run the whole "A" distance team, as he usually doesn't in the early meets. It will be very interesting to see if he does for the next meet in a couple of weeks.

George and Dalquist did very good for a first mile of the year. Hoping they can bring those times down to right around 4 minutes.

RATTLER43

I'm still not sure which events Kelsey Herman will end up in.  The youth could determine the fate for the ladies. Weeks, Weeks, Stumbaugh, Herman...

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 19, 2016, 07:33:16 pm
I'm still not sure which events Kelsey Herman will end up in.  The youth could determine the fate for the ladies. Weeks, Weeks, Stumbaugh, Herman...

Completely agree. Definitely tough to tell what Herman will do this year. The 60 meter hurdle time is the most encouraging.

I think he will try her in the sprints, hurdles, and long jump at practice and maybe one more meet until he can focus her in on one event. Who knows, he may already know what Kelsey will be doing.

I'm hoping Stumbaugh can score in the pentathlon at the NCAAs and Lexi and Tori qualify, with Lexi scoring and Tori pushing for it.

AT

Updated for this past week's meets. The Lady Razorbacks went to Indiana and New Mexico while the men had the week off.

Both teams are back home for the Razorback Team Invitational next weekend.

AT

The Razorback Invitational starts tomorrow. A lot of top 25 teams will be on both the men's and women's side including the #1 ranked teams (Florida for the men and our Lady Razorbacks for the ladies). Here's who is slated to start for the Lady Razorbacks and Razorbacks in each event:

(Women First)

5000 meter run
Samantha Mohler
Grace Taylor
Logan Bishop

200 meter dash
Taylor Ellis-Watson
Kiara Parker
Kaylee McCarthy

The women have a distance medley relay slated to start.

3000 meter run
Aubree Worden
Sydney Brown
Kelsey Schrader

400 meter dash
Monisa Dobbins

400 meter dash - Invitational
Taylor Ellis-Watson
Daina Harper

60 meter hurdles
Payton Stumbaugh
Alex Gochenour
Taliyah Brooks
Kelsey Herman
Leigha Brown
Jaela Williams

60 meter dash
Kiara Parker
Kaylee McCarthy

800 meter run
Therese Haiss
Annika Sisson
Ceara Watson

1 mile run
Chandler Crumblish

3000 meter run - Invitational
Devin Clark
Valerie Reina
Regan Ward

800 meter run - Invitational
Kailee Sawyer

1 mile run - Invitational
Jessica Kamilos
Nikki Hiltz

The women do have a 4 x 400 meter relay team slated to start.

Pole Vault
Emily Bates
Rylee Robinson
Ariel Lachance
Megan Zimlich
Ariel Voskamp
Victoria Weeks
Alexis Weeks

Long Jump
Rachel Jantzi

High Jump
Alyssa Parker
Carmen Sitz

Shot Put
Micah Dennis

Pentathlon
Alex Gochenour
Leigha Brown
Payton Stumbaugh
Taliyah Brooks
Kelsey Herman

AT

Now the men:

5000 meter run
Stephen Mugeche

200 meter dash
Kenzo Cotton
Marqueze Washington
Kemar Mowatt
Davon Anderson
Anthony Blakely
Zach Riley
Ryan Green
Josh Washington

The men do have a distance medley relay slated to start.

400 meter dash
Jamarco Stephen

400 meter dash - Invitational
Obi Igbokwe

60 meter hurdles
Kemar Mowatt
Larry Donald
Davon Anderson

60 meter dash
Ryan Green
Marqueze Washington
Jarrion Lawson
Josh Washington
Zach Riley
Roy Ejakuekwu
Kenzo Cotton

800 meter run
Andrew Pisechko
Cameron Griffith
Noah Findlay
Noah Arrindell

1 mile run
Aidan Swain

3000 meter run - Invitational
Alex George
Andrew Ronoh
Gabe Gonzales
Jack Bruce

800 meter run - Invitational
Ryan Thomas
Carlton Orange
Ethan Moehn

1 mile run - Invitational
Cale Wallace
Austen Dalquist

The men do have a 4 x 400 meter relay team slated to start.

Weight Throw
Sam Kempka
Jeff Rogers
Erich Sullins
Devin Randall

Long Jump
Trae Carey
Andreas Trajkovski
Brandon Workman
Kurt Jenner
Jarrion Lawson

High Jump
Alex Campbell
Brendon Rivera
Ken LeGassey

Triple Jump
Clive Pullen
Rubin Owens

Shot Put
Erich Sullins
Jeff Rogers
Sam Kempka
Devin Randall

Heptathlon
Lane Austell
Derek Jacobus

AT

The projected scores for SECs have been updated through this weekend's meets. If you are a Razorback fan, you should be happy. The men went from projected to finish 12th to winning the whole thing. That being said, we still have some time for these scores to be formed more, but right now they are starting to shape up.

The women's race really took a turn. It was looking like a 6 team race, but now I'm starting to think it might be a 3 team race (Arkansas, Florida, Georgia) with Arkansas having a good edge right now.

RATTLER43

WPWells

RATTLER43

AT

New projections updated.

The men's side changed a bit because of Arkansas's off week. A&M pulled away a bit and other teams caught up to Arkansas if you will. Mississippi will have to have an amazing distance showing at the SECs to get that score.

The women's side seems to still have the Lady Razorbacks quite a bit ahead, but Florida had a strong showing this weekend and if Georgia had any running events at all, this would definitely be a two team race.

AT

Updated to reflect this past weekend's results. Mississippi is really going to make a push for this SEC title if their distance guys go insane like they have been during the regular season.

RTF

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 14, 2016, 10:28:08 pm
Updated to reflect this past weekend's results. Mississippi is really going to make a push for this SEC title if their distance guys go insane like they have been during the regular season.

If I am not mistaken Ole Miss has NCAA violations looming in track and field too, though, I can not remember if its women or men.

AT

Quote from: RTF on February 15, 2016, 02:28:46 pm

If I am not mistaken Ole Miss has NCAA violations looming in track and field too, though, I can not remember if its women or men.

It's women, which is weird since they have struggled with the Lady Rebels while the men have had very strong showings as of late.

Honestly, if he or she is clean, I'd like Arkansas to hire their middle distance coach...it's insane how much depth they've produced in such a short amount of time.

RTF

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 15, 2016, 02:41:49 pm
Quote from: RTF on February 15, 2016, 02:28:46 pm

Sounds like someone the track and field team might want to look into.
It's women, which is weird since they have struggled with the Lady Rebels while the men have had very strong showings as of late.

Honestly, if he or she is clean, I'd like Arkansas to hire their middle distance coach...it's insane how much depth they've produced in such a short amount of time.

RATTLER43

AT

Last update before the SEC meet. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves.

Good news for the Razorbacks. The men's side should be exciting.

The women have a chance to run away with it, but will still have challenges from Georgia and Florida.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas