• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball

Started by WPWells, December 03, 2015, 09:48:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Exciting tourney so far. Most surprising loss so far Michigan State who I believe had the second best odds of winning the tourney behind Kansas and many said should have been 1 seed.

Just shows anything can happen. Despite some snubs each year nothing beats this tourney.

mtindian42

Your bracket still good bdub? 😄

bdubyab60

mtindian42

Lol it's been crazy so far. Let's see what round 2 has in store.

Bdub you may have been the only one in the world to get it right man. We will never know now... 😀

AirWarren

That was the most exhilarating and heartbreaking first round I've seen in a LONG TIME.

mtindian42

Well we know that out of the 9 mid-major schools the shoe dose not fit the foot of WSU as they go down to Miami 65-57.

With 8 mid majors left in the 2nd round. Wich one will fit the sliper?

mtindian42

beach bum

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 19, 2016, 01:24:28 pm
Well we know that out of the 9 mid-major schools the shoe dose not fit the foot of WSU as they go down to Miami 65-57.

With 8 mid majors left in the 2nd round. Wich one will fit the sliper?

UA-Little Rock and Northern Iowa will fight on to the sweet 16........

mtindian42

Watch out for IU... They our playing like they did to start the year... They will be a tough out...

AirWarren

BrianfromCarlisle

Great season Trojans!  If Beard stays, lookout!

Longfellow

My best bracket is called "upset special" and has Indiana winning it all. This tournament is ridiculous but oh so entertaining

mtindian42

Gonzaga fit the slipper on this day...the Bulldogs roll on...

mtindian42

Refs calling everything on the fryers... Wow... This game has become a ref party

mtindian42

Dunn just got pulled to the ground and no call... These refs are pro NC

BigLion10

WOW!! Texas A&M goes on a 14-2 in the last 31 seconds to send it to overtime

mtindian42

😮 what a game! NIU and a&m

AirWarren

Bucky the badger.

The 12th man.

What an amazing 2 basketball games.

mtindian42

The B1G will have a good chance to bring the title home.

Kansas looks to be the team to beat tho.

Longfellow

The ACC puts a record 6 teams in the Sweet Sixteen

1-Adam-12

My analogy on UNI:

When they found the slipper fit they got too excited, took it off and jumped up and down.  They lost their grip on the slipper and it shattered.

mtindian42

I wonder what the refs will do with them selves...when they call the NC vs ND game. Both or ACC schools

I say they call it in favor of NC and send ND home.

mtindian42

bdubyab60

Tourney is UNCs to lose. By far the most impressive team through the tourney so far

mtindian42

Down goes KU. The wildcats will be in Houston.

mtindian42

Who wins it all? I have nova cuting down the nets.

xadboy

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 27, 2016, 12:55:32 pm
Who wins it all? I have nova cuting down the nets.
Think it will be either Carolina or Virginia.

AirWarren

UNC has way too much firepower.

beach bum

Virginia's defensive muscle will get it done against UNC.... Virginia vs. Oklahoma in the final.

mtindian42

The cuse is at it again. UVA in a dog fight.

AirWarren

The Orangemen do it again. This team was dead to rights in the regular season. Barely making it in. But Jim Boeheim and his crew does it again. My gosh, 10 seed to the final 4.

AirWarren

My bracket is a bust.

But Im thinking Nova vs the Cuse in the final.

mtindian42

Jim is a great coach. If he goes on to win it all... He may be the best of all time!

beach bum

Wow, if Notre Dame can pull the upset then you will see a 6 or 10 seed in the title....Notre Dame will do well having familiarity with UNC. This would be crazy if all four of the 1 seeds were to lose in the same round this Elite 8. Basketball is a crazy sport. Syracuse just has gotten hot at the right time.

mtindian42

ND try's to run with them it will get ugly... Slow them down they got a shot.

WPWells

I still don't think Syracuse should've gotten in, but that's a different argument. I'll take UNC over OU in the championship

beach bum

March 27, 2016, 07:41:04 pm #137 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:45:25 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Fred Bird on March 27, 2016, 07:39:20 pm
I still don't think Syracuse should've gotten in, but that's a different argument. I'll take UNC over OU in the championship

I actually agree. If you look at the overall body of work that is quite frankly an average team. Having the HC they have and their Syracuse brand did them wonders and they're running with it. I think their wins against Texas A&M and UConn saved their back side. But a 12 point loss to Saint John's, a loss to Georgetown, and losing three times at home in a usually very hostile home court.

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on March 27, 2016, 07:41:04 pm
I actually agree. If you look at the overall body of work that is quite frankly an average team. Having the HC they have and their Syracuse brand did them wonders and they're running with it. I think their wins against Texas A&M and UConn saved their back side. But a 12 point loss to Saint John's, a loss to Georgetown, and losing three times at home in a usually very hostile home court.

They've also had a lot of luck in this run - favorable matchup against Dayton, MTSU instead of Sparty, and choke jobs by Gonzaga and Virginia

AirWarren

Sometimes it takes all ways to win. Can't control your opponents failure to execute when you're continuing to execute.

mtindian42

Vj beachem 😮 get up big fella!

mtindian42

WPWells

Quote from: AirWarren on March 27, 2016, 08:08:43 pm
Sometimes it takes all ways to win. Can't control your opponents failure to execute when you're continuing to execute.

Oh I agree. I was just observing their immense amount of luck this tournament.

Redwolves8526

I think UNC definitely beats Syracuse in Houston. As for the Nova-OU game, that is a big tossup. I was impressed with how Villanova beat Kansas. I know it was a good/close game but that wasn't a fluke.

AirWarren

Quote from: Fred Bird on March 27, 2016, 09:42:18 pm
Oh I agree. I was just observing their immense amount of luck this tournament.

It's been a fun tourney. Lots of fun games to watch. No clear cut favorite all tourney long.

AirWarren

And it appears Little Rock HC is headed for UNLV.

WPWells

I have been riding with UNC since mid-January

AirWarren

I rode with Kansas. Crash.

Kind of want Boeheim to win one going out.

mtindian42

mtindian42

It's a beat down in Houston! Nova rolling...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas