• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Ole Miss

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, November 03, 2015, 07:08:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Wins?

Arkansas
8 (66.7%)
Ole Miss
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 10, 2015, 07:08:41 pm

Texarkana_Piggie

That one just about did me in. What an incredible game!!

nuttinbuthogs

Since I don't mind criticizing the Hogs and players when I feel it's warranted, I will praise them for the great job today.
Brandon Allen seems to have found his footing and the past several games really looks like a big time SEC, NCAA QB. Great job by Collins again, and smart move by Henry on the lateral.  Hogs defense is still struggling but managed to do enough to hold on and let the offense pull it out.   Seemed the football gods were shining on the Hogs on a couple of plays at the end.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

HorseFeathers

Legend

That was an amazing finish. Congrats to the hogs for pulling off the upset. I wonder if BB ever hopped on his wife before the plane!

AirWarren

What Brandon's numbers for the year?

Radiotalker

Did the Hogs catch another break on the face mask penalty enforcement? He was tackled on the 12 but the penalty was inforced from the 3 or the previous spot.

bobcat81

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 08, 2015, 11:37:15 am
Did the Hogs catch another break on the face mask penalty enforcement? He was tackled on the 12 but the penalty was inforced from the 3 or the previous spot.
I believe face mask, and most defensive penalties, are enforced from the previous line of scrimmage.  It might have been added to the play had it been a gain, but I think goes back to the line of scrimmage to then enforce since there was no gain by the offense. 

bobcat81

The things that happened after Hunter Henry's lateral were amazing, any one of which had not happened might have resulted in not gaining enough for the first down.  Such as:
-Skipper tipping the ball keeping it from going 3-4 yards or more further back
-The ball hopping right into Collins' hands after the tip
-Smothers putting a hip into #4 impeding his progress toward Collins
-Morgan and Sprinkle getting key blocks downfield including Sprinkle pushing the defender past the first down marker
-Reed and Skipper following the play to fall on the Collins lateral

There are probably more but those are the ones that stood out to me. 

WPWells

The whole series of events was incredible.

Breitontime

Incredible it was. Though, the 2pt conversion, that has to be the luckiest thing to happen all season for any team.

Incredible game for both teams.

WPWells

On the original two-point conversion, I think BA would have spun away if the defender didn't grab his face mask; however, he still would have had to then make something happen

Proud Buckaroo

If he would of spun away. He could have thrown it to Morgan on the left. He was running an out route to the left.

And by the way. The face mask, and defensive penalties are spotted from the original line of scrimmage.

WPWells

zebradynasty

After last night...the lost to Bama and how they shut down our run game is not looking as bad. Bama's front 7 especially the DL is the real deal! I am optimistic about our chances with LSU. Our DL isn't in the same world as Bama's  but our defense is better suited to stop a running team than a spread team. That being said the LSU QB probably will have a career day passing against us.  ::) I don't know if we can learn how to tackle by kickoff but Fournette...is going to run wild the way we tackle. Despite the results of the game Fournette is a better back than Henry. If BA is still hot maybe we can just outscore them?

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Quote from: Breitontime on November 08, 2015, 01:04:02 pm
Incredible it was. Though, the 2pt conversion, that has to be the luckiest thing to happen all season for any team.

Incredible game for both teams.
The Michigan game is still some lucky stuff. Penalties happen all the time on last plays. But for everything to go just perfect like it did was crazy. And I've burned up my DVR watching it over and over

Proud Buckaroo

The play was so well performed that it almost looked planned.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: bobcat81 on November 08, 2015, 12:06:34 pm
The things that happened after Hunter Henry's lateral were amazing, any one of which had not happened might have resulted in not gaining enough for the first down.  Such as:
-Skipper tipping the ball keeping it from going 3-4 yards or more further back
-The ball hopping right into Collins' hands after the tip
-Smothers putting a hip into #4 impeding his progress toward Collins
-Morgan and Sprinkle getting key blocks downfield including Sprinkle pushing the defender past the first down marker
-Reed and Skipper following the play to fall on the Collins lateral

There are probably more but those are the ones that stood out to me.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed the incredible blocks on the play. Morgans stood out to me, without it Collins doesn't get around the end and a split second later it is probably a block in the back. Incredible play by so many. I wonder if that play wins any awards at the end of the season. Once in a lifetime play I think.

AirWarren

Morgan took out two ole miss defenders on the play.

Lions84

bleudog

November 11, 2015, 08:41:24 pm #173 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:11:35 am by bleudog
BWW commercial parody: 

Pretty much sums it up.  :o

Valleysports

OH MY LORD - that is hilarious!   ;D

Lions84

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 07, 2015, 10:05:57 pm
That one just about did me in. What an incredible game!!

I gotten where I just record the game and stay away from it until it is over cause I go nuts over the Hogs at times.  Dr said I have to relax more so that one way I can do it.

Legend

I keep up with it on ESPN and check on it here and there. Very superstitious on how I watch the games

Lions84

Recording the games and watching them later makes for a happy wife at my house.

Valleysports

I wonder if the Moderator can show who voted Arkansas and who voted Ole Miss?  You might be surprised by what the record shows ricepig..   ;)

Legend

Pull the votes out like Survivor.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas