• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official post your 2015 Razorback season record thread.

Started by ricepig, August 21, 2015, 01:32:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2015, 01:07:20 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 01:00:03 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2015, 12:55:04 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 12:40:53 pm
Quote from: beach bum on September 03, 2015, 11:40:32 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 03, 2015, 10:54:22 am
It would be more of an advantage in little rock

Don't seem like an advantage to me - Arkansas might even have the advantage since Jerry is Alumni Razorback.  Wonder why A&M agreed to it?  Well I guess playing in a professional stadium, with all the exposure etc., is a an opportunity.  At least fun.

That stadium is a dump..... How is having 18,000 less people in a crowd more of an advantage? No one else plays away from campus for the heck of it so why should we lose a home game by having the kids travel from campus when there is no need to.

Rice just said A&M does...  Doesn't Arkansas / A&M have like a 10 yr contract to play A&M's home games at Jerry World, Ricepig?

Yes, we do, and we will continue playing there.  How is it an advantage of disadvantage in a neutral stadium, split 50/50? aTm will fly to the game, we will fly to the game, no advantage to either team. If we played a home and home, each would have the home field advantage.

I didn't say it was an advantage, it's a neutral site with the crowd usually 50/50. I was saying we have a contract and will continue playing there.

Also, here were the lines for all the games back in June.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13154574/college-football-golden-nugget-releases-cfb-games-year

Well my reply didn't happen in that last attempt.  I agree doesn't seem like any advantage for A&M, surprised they'd do that but then I got to thinking about getting to playing the nicest professional stadium.  Pretty sweet.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 04:57:44 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2015, 01:07:20 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 01:00:03 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2015, 12:55:04 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 12:40:53 pm
Quote from: beach bum on September 03, 2015, 11:40:32 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 03, 2015, 10:54:22 am
It would be more of an advantage in little rock

Don't seem like an advantage to me - Arkansas might even have the advantage since Jerry is Alumni Razorback.  Wonder why A&M agreed to it?  Well I guess playing in a professional stadium, with all the exposure etc., is a an opportunity.  At least fun.

That stadium is a dump..... How is having 18,000 less people in a crowd more of an advantage? No one else plays away from campus for the heck of it so why should we lose a home game by having the kids travel from campus when there is no need to.

Rice just said A&M does...  Doesn't Arkansas / A&M have like a 10 yr contract to play A&M's home games at Jerry World, Ricepig?

Yes, we do, and we will continue playing there.  How is it an advantage of disadvantage in a neutral stadium, split 50/50? aTm will fly to the game, we will fly to the game, no advantage to either team. If we played a home and home, each would have the home field advantage.

I didn't say it was an advantage, it's a neutral site with the crowd usually 50/50. I was saying we have a contract and will continue playing there.

Also, here were the lines for all the games back in June.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13154574/college-football-golden-nugget-releases-cfb-games-year

Well my reply didn't happen in that last attempt.  I agree doesn't seem like any advantage for A&M, surprised they'd do that but then I got to thinking about getting to playing the nicest professional stadium.  Pretty sweet.

Both teams are well paid, and I can't prove it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't somehow tied in with our losing the Thanksgiving game with LSU to them.

Valleysports

It would be good for the SEC & Arkansas, if A&M would put a smack down on #15 Arizona State, Saturday.  Get ranked before Arkansas plays them.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 10:38:14 pm
It would be good for the SEC & Arkansas, if A&M would put a smack down on #15 Arizona State, Saturday.  Get ranked before Arkansas plays them.

Kyle Allen is going to throw for 400 yards on the overrated Sun Devils.....

WPWells

Quote from: beach bum on September 03, 2015, 10:44:52 pm

Kyle Allen is going to throw for 400 yards on the overrated Sun Devils.....

I very much agree with this.

Coach Venny Slocombe

ricepig

While I agree that aTm being ranked would be good for us and the conference, I think they lose by 10, the Chief can't turn that defense around this quickly.

Valleysports

At the end of 2015, I think A&M will be like Arkansas was at the end of last season.  Everyone will know they're coming.  They're still upgrading with a lot of youngsters.  However, A&M is a lot better and more physical team than last year - how much better do they need to be to hang with Arkansas this year?  Need to put the smack down on the PAC 12 either way!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 04, 2015, 05:29:00 pm
At the end of 2015, I think A&M will be like Arkansas was at the end of last season.  Everyone will know they're coming.  They're still upgrading with a lot of youngsters.  However, A&M is a lot better and more physical team than last year - how much better do they need to be to hang with Arkansas this year?  Need to put the smack down on the PAC 12 either way!

I actually like playing them at the beginning of the year, I do think they will improve as the year goes along.

Lions84

fastdrop

Quote from: fastdrop on August 23, 2015, 06:20:25 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 23, 2015, 03:01:40 am
Quote from: fastdrop on August 22, 2015, 07:26:55 am
Quote from: AirWarren on August 21, 2015, 08:42:46 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on August 21, 2015, 08:29:45 pm
6-6

That is a dream season for Memphis, West Memphis, and ASU.
You must not of been on Hogville last year or rushed the field after the first SEC win after setting the record for the longest SEC losing streak of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Time.

6-6 was not picked so I picked it on the RICE PIG OFFICIAL PICK YOUR SEASON RECORD - 7-5 would not shock me.

Looking back at History ---- Dang Pertrino had the ship going in the right direction. I am not sold on Nutt 2 but I do think he can keep you guys around 7 to 8 wins a year avg. WHich allows you guys to act like you are national chumps every year.
All the offensive records in the world are meaningless if you never even get to the SEC Championship game.  We looked good for a while under Petrino, but it was just a facade.  The program was rotten on the inside.  Bielema will do better than Petrino ever could have.
1. 5-7
2. 8-5
3. 10-3
4. 11-2

his 5th year team was was ranked in the pre season top 5 and I know Petrino would of won 10 games with that bunch. Smiley the coach of Alabama tore that team down.

Rotten from the inside - My gosh - Nope. Petrino can coach my friend and he had the players that could make his system work.

Anyway - I will stick to my opinion that Coach B will give you guys 6 to 8 wins a year for a long time. If he is here 10 years I predict 1 or 2 of those years he will get you 9 to 10 wins.

i think I might of been a tad generous

PrivateLesson

Quote from: fastdrop on September 12, 2015, 08:00:44 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 03, 2015, 04:36:40 pm
10-2  Go Hogs!!  WPS!   

hmmm
its still possible.  I admit there is work obviously that needs to happen and I admittedly will say I didn't realize the impact of losing one player would have on us but its a good learning experience today. 

fastdrop

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 12, 2015, 08:03:13 pm
10-2  Go Hogs!!  WPS!   

hmmm
its still possible.  I admit there is work obviously that needs to happen and I admittedly will say I didn't realize the impact of losing one player would have on us but its a good learning experience today. 
it is not possible. No way inToledo.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on September 12, 2015, 08:06:38 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 12, 2015, 08:03:13 pm
10-2  Go Hogs!!  WPS!   

hmmm
it is not possible. No way inToledo.

Umm, try and use that WM and ASU education, it's possible, just not probable, lol.

PrivateLesson

Everyone is always so quick to jump ship!!!!   It was one game today...just one.     Hopefully, we will improve from this....hopefully.

fastdrop

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 12, 2015, 08:10:51 pm
Everyone is always so quick to jump ship!!!!   It was one game today...just one.     Hopefully, we will improve from this....hopefully.
1-1. You see only one more loss in the schedule. Come on. You are smarter than that.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: fastdrop on September 12, 2015, 08:14:26 pm
1-1. You see only one more loss in the schedule. Come on. You are smarter than that.
I am....but did you honestly see today as a loss before we played??

Texarkana_Piggie

Well, what a disappointing show today. Hogs looked like they had not slept in 3 days. They looked lost, flat, tired, out of whack, and just all around blah the entire game. I blame a lot of this loss on the coaches not having the guys ready. I blame the guys for seemingly thinking Thai was a cupcake game and that Toledo would lay down and take it. I can only hope someone lights a fire under their hineys this week and gets them ready for Texas Tech next week. Last year's game down in Lubbock means nothing at this point. They need to work their tails off and be fired up and ready when they step on the field next week. I am still and will forever be a hog fan but I am very disappointed in the team and staff today.

fastdrop

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 12, 2015, 08:15:28 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on September 12, 2015, 08:14:26 pm
I am....but did you honestly see today as a loss before we played??
no, but I had you at 6-6. Now 5-7

cotnhauler

What I didn't like today was, as I was watching them I just didn't feel the intensity level there. To get down a little to a team you're suppose to dominate is no big deal, but I just never got the feeling they were gonna come back. Early today, watching Auburn, there was no doubt there, you knew what was going to happen. But this team don't pass the eye test. It's disappointing. I didn't believe we would go 10-2. But I thought this team might win 8 games. When I'm watching these other SEC teams its like daylight and dark.

PrivateLesson

We dropped in rankings no doubt about it.....It took OT for Auburn to win today......and last year how many knew of the TCU Hornfrogs??   I don't know other than there is work to be done and hopefully it will be motivation for them to do it.   

cotnhauler

I will say this, and in no way do I mean it for an excuse, but Toledo is a pretty good team with several very good players. They deserve all the credit due them.

AirWarren

Was there. All I saw was hot garbage on the field in red and white.

Never thought I would see ULM all over again with this staff.

HOT GARBAGE!

ricepig

Quote from: cotnhauler on September 12, 2015, 08:32:54 pm
   I will say this, and in no way do I mean it for an excuse, but Toledo is a pretty good team with several very good players. They deserve all the credit due them.

We need to move some guys on the o-line, but I suspect the injury to Kirkland will negate that. I was very disappointed with the lack of a pass rush, we seemed satisfied to play it straight up and keep it in front of us. My prediction was 8-4, of course, it had this game as a win.

PrivateLesson

I had a close friend almost compare it to Citadel flashbacks.   

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2015, 08:38:21 pm

HOT GARBAGE!

Yep, me too, posting while #3 drives, lol. That may be worse than the game. The game boils down to lack of red zone production and penalties, inexcusable.

cotnhauler

There is going to have to be a lot of improvement for this team to win "a" game in the SECw. I doubt there were many razorback fans that thought this would be case. I didn't.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 12, 2015, 08:42:16 pm
I had a close friend almost compare it to Citadel flashbacks.

EXACTLY THE SAME THING.  1992 all over again. First game in the SEC.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2015, 08:46:56 pm

HOT GARBAGE!

Yep, me too, posting while #3 drives, lol. That may be worse than the game. The game boils down to lack of red zone production and penalties, inexcusable.
she flies the jet too....

Moonshiner

Any truth the Vegas line on the game changed dramatically earlier today, or yesterday?  Vegas know something we didn't?

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on September 12, 2015, 09:01:52 pm

HOT GARBAGE!

Nah, that would be #2, #3 is still taking lessons....

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2015, 09:13:45 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on September 12, 2015, 09:01:52 pm

HOT GARBAGE!

Nah, that would be #2, #3 is still taking lessons....
nice, I would enjoy that myself.

AirWarren

HOT GARBAGE!

Dude. Wth man? I can't believe this. Our line play was pathetic!

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2015, 09:25:54 pm

HOT GARBAGE!

Dude. Wth man? I can't believe this. Our line play was pathetic!

Yep, they need to replace Smothers at center, put Kirkland back inside, and put either Wallace or Ragnow at LT. I don't think they will, but that's my suggestions. We only give up 16pts, I think everyone would have said we win if we hold them to that. The lack of push by the o-line is very concerning, and the RB's missed some yardage, too.

AirWarren

We threw the all 50+ times. Why?

That was not Bielema ball. No control of the LOS, no run game, chunk the ball over and over.

There was zero physicality in the hogs today. None. I don't know what happened today. I don't think we even laid one finger on their quarterback today. We made Toledo look like some powerhouse. While we looked like cutter morning star.

Holy TOLEDO batman. Are you serious?

ricepig

We threw because we couldn't run, they stacked the box most of the time, and dared us to pass. We had success getting yards, but not points, thus the red zone problems. 6?? holding penalties and one really dumb int were costly. We had a 10 minute drive, that's great, but we only got 3 points out of it.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2015, 09:50:04 pm
We threw because we couldn't run, they stacked the box most of the time, and dared us to pass. We had success getting yards, but not points, thus the red zone problems. 6?? holding penalties and one really dumb int were costly. We had a 10 minute drive, that's great, but we only got 3 points out of it.

It's still no excuse if they are stacking the box or not. This is Toledo. Not Bama.

These boys better get mean and nasty again at the LOS. They looked weak today. Nothing physical at all.

Trojanbird

Bring on ASU in the Rock, at least it would be a sell out

AirWarren

Quote from: Trojanbird on September 12, 2015, 09:57:51 pm

At this point, get rid of the rock. After crap like this.

Valleysports

ASU has a game coming up with Toledo - what if?

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2015, 09:53:19 pm

It's still no excuse if they are stacking the box or not. This is Toledo. Not Bama.

These boys better get mean and nasty again at the LOS. They looked weak today. Nothing physical at all.
Umm, you can't block more at the point of attack than you have blockers. On the first 4th down try, AC danced and didn't hit the hole. On his next try, he lowered his head and got the yard. I agree, the o-line is not executing, no excuses on not getting a push on your man, though.

cotnhauler

September 12, 2015, 10:35:22 pm #94 Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:52:57 pm by cotnhauler
Quote from: Valleysports on September 12, 2015, 10:18:38 pm

ASU has a game coming up with Toledo - what if?
I've had 2 separate reports from people at the ASU/Mizzou game, one of them my son, that Arkansas fans are not the only SEC fans upset tonight. He said they were not happy "at all" with a 7 point win.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2015, 10:19:12 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2015, 09:53:19 pm

Umm, you can't block more at the point of attack than you have blockers. On the first 4th down try, AC danced and didn't hit the hole. On his next try, he lowered his head and got the yard. I agree, the o-line is not executing, no excuses on not getting a push on your man, though.

I understand that. However, if Toledo is disrupting our vaunted run game and offensive line, what is the sec going to do to us?

Indiana Jones

Revised
4-8 beat Texas Tech,(if we're lucky enough to get their Big 12 D) Auburn, ( maybe) and Tennessee Martin (big freaking woop)

AirWarren

This was my daughters first game. Hate she had to see us lose. She was doing the hog call and having a great time. She is following the tradition, my first razorback game my folks took me to in LR, we lost ha.

HOWEVER, when your kid grabs you hand as we walk toward our vehicle and says, dad, we can't win them all but at least we had a great time! Still stings but that helps!

BirdBrain

A 5th year senior should be able to hit a receiver in the end zone by now. One thrown to the team in white, one clanked off the goal posts, one thrown over Henry's head, and last but not least, one thrown where no one could catch it on the last play of the game. He did throw them on a rope though, too bad no touch was involved.

AirWarren

Other than those bad passes, he actually threw the ball well. However, those were very crucial throws. That one pass where Keon jumped in the air to catch the ball and it hit him in the knee. Why jump, just catch the dang ball. Just embarrassing.

This is nothing new. I'm 30 years old and it's been like this the whole time ha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas