• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs. DeQueen

Started by polksalet, November 11, 2011, 10:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

Quote from: redeye819 on November 15, 2011, 11:37:36 am
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 11:17:36 am
I've been told by someone in Horatio that Earnest is a little worried and says Nashville is beat up...
Earnest is still used to seeing Horatio beat up which WAS trouble with only 15 players, not so much in Nashville ;)

Now you might be onto something there.

Top Shelf

Nashville, DQ combined scores since 2000 and predictions..

150 pts- 20
469 pts- 44

paraloma

Collin Raye 18
Hayden Ball 21

Top Shelf

Gary Bell- 20
Rusty Hagler- 44

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

have to drive 5 miles to get beer- 20
have to drive 28 miles to get beer- 44

redeye819

Bud Gentry 12
Chip Marshall 35

Top Shelf

Dairy DeQueen- 20
Hickory House- 44

redeye819

Parrish Equipment west 12
Parrish Equipment east 35

redeye819

Bakers pawn shop 12
WE SELL GUNS!!   35

Top Shelf

34°2′24″N 94°20′31″W - 20
33°56′31″N 93°50′53″W - 44

~WPS~

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 10:43:06 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 15, 2011, 10:24:41 am
You show me a good loser and I'll show you a De Queen Leopard.

Tell your laughing team captains that. They seemed to be taking it well last time.
What does them laughing have to do with anything? All captains do that when they're talking to the refs. Maybe they said something funny. They are kids, football is fun.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 15, 2011, 03:20:08 pm

Tell your laughing team captains that. They seemed to be taking it well last time.
What does them laughing have to do with anything? All captains do that when they're talking to the refs. Maybe they said something funny. They are kids, football is fun.

Maybe somebody cut one. You know how kids are.

And to quote my friend polksalet. If you hate nashville you hate america.

Top Shelf

I know. They even let em have water during practice  ???

Wahls

...because they were taking the losing awful well? You know, the whole good loser thing? How do you get lost in two posts?

~WPS~

November 15, 2011, 07:50:59 pm #115 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:54:00 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 06:20:04 pm

...because they were taking the losing awful well? You know, the whole good loser thing? How do you get lost in two posts?
You don't sull up and cry everytime your losing. Or else de queen would be flooded by now.

Top Shelf

Hoo Rah days festival- 20
Stand up for America celebration  ;D- 44

DQleopard12

Perry- 20
Goodwin- 44
;) had to give my boys some support

Bigbossman

The feild will be a mudfest come friday. Heard they got two inches of rain today.

Wahls

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 15, 2011, 07:50:59 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 06:20:04 pm

You don't sull up and cry everytime your losing. Or else de queen would be flooded by now.

Hold on there, Tonto.

My personal record against Nashville in athletics is about as impressive as Nashville's run against De Queen in football, and since there would be no reason to cry about a game I wasn't playing in, this is what I assume you are referring to.

I don't know any one that could come out of a locker room after losing and think much of anything is funny.

This reminds me of the politics board - you're so caught up in "my side" (or in this case my team) that you're accepting something vehemently stupid because your side did it.

Top Shelf

Coach with a lot of state championships- 20
Program with a lot of state championships- 44

hawgfan15

"My personal record against Nashville in athletics is about as impressive as Nashville's run against De Queen in football,"

haha please explain what you mean by this

Wahls

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 15, 2011, 08:48:13 pm
"My personal record against Nashville in athletics is about as impressive as Nashville's run against De Queen in football,"

Lets just say that they're not nearly as dominant in some things as they are in football. Ballplayer wanted to make it personal, so I replied personally.

Top Shelf

I'm lost. Where did they move the football board to?

paraloma

Bailey's Discount Building Supply 18
Home Improvement Center of Southwest Arkansas 21

hawgfan15

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 08:52:17 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 15, 2011, 08:48:13 pm

Lets just say that they're not nearly as dominant in some things as they are in football. Ballplayer wanted to make it personal, so I replied personally.

Nice try. I am pretty sure your "personal record" isn't anywhere close to the dominance nashville football has had over Dequeen. Based upon your post about the two captains laughing with the refs before the third quarter, I am willing to bet you never played football or at least a meaningful snap. Its all about what happens between the whistles and how you handle yourself in those situations. I can promise you if a kid from nashville throws a interception, fumbles, misses a tackle or gets a penalty they will never laugh or smile. Yes they didnt come to play that night in Dequeen and got their tails whipped but they took every snap serious. These guys aren't use to losing ever in their careers and that is why we are seeing them pull this season together and making a run. Only teams who are use to losing cut up and give up in the middle of the game. We all know why you and Dequeen fans would know what that is like. ha The only time you will see Nashville laughing and smiling this Friday night will be when they hand Dequeen a second round exit from this years playoffs.

Bigbossman

Nashville country club -5
Dequeen country club -10

~WPS~

When I said "you" I didn't mean you personally, I meant you as in de queen. Jeez. ::)

hawgfan15

On a brighter note showband I agree with the majority of your posts. Just dont make things personal with nashville fans. Nashville fans will always win those  ;D

Wahls

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 15, 2011, 09:34:14 pm
On a brighter note showband I agree with the majority of your posts. Just dont make things personal with nashville fans. Nashville fans will always win those  ;D

I wasn't?

And I sent you a PM.

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 15, 2011, 09:27:29 pm
When I said "you" I didn't mean you personally, I meant you as in de queen. ::)

Oh ok, cause that definitely makes more sense.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 15, 2011, 09:24:10 pm
Dequeen country club -10
5?  A safety and a field goal?  C'mon man

Wahls

FWIW, I don't think either team scores more than 30. Nashville's QB can't throw into Cover 3 and Nashville knows what De Queen tries to do with the ball now.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2011, 09:40:35 pm
Dequeen country club -10
5?  A safety and a touchdown?  C'mon man

your reading that wrong. Those are negative numbers. Both suck but dequeens sucks more.

Wahls

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 15, 2011, 09:41:58 pm
Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2011, 09:40:35 pm
Dequeen country club -10
5?  A safety and a touchdown?  C'mon man

your reading that wrong. Those are negative numbers. Both suck but dequeens sucks more.

But if that's negative numbers, that's a golf score, and a higher negative number means a better score...

Bigbossman takes De Queen. Glad you came over to the good side of the aisle.

Top Shelf

Dequeen country club -10
And fwiw... I have a friend who lives on the way to Nashville country club and he says it's waaaay better than dq's

Bigbossman

Ask him about the green on 14.

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2011, 09:43:56 pm
Dequeen country club -10
And fwiw... I have a friend who lives on the way to Nashville country club and he says it's waaaay better than dq's

I've played on both and there's not much of a difference other than you can easily slice a teeshot into someones windshield at 60 MPH at De Queen. Don't ask me how I know.

Neither is Glenwood quality though.

Bigbossman

Top shelf. You know anything about that fella that lives on the 18th hole at nashville?

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 09:45:22 pm
Dequeen country club -10

I've played on both and there's not much of a difference other than you can easily slice a teeshot into someones windshield at 60 MPH at De Queen. Don't ask me how I know.

Until the Plylers bought it, they were getting ready to turn cows out to graze on it

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2011, 09:48:29 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 09:45:22 pm
Dequeen country club -10

Until the Plylers bought it, they were getting ready to turn cows out to graze on it

I call BS on that one.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 15, 2011, 09:48:02 pm
Top shelf. You know anything about that fella that lives on the 18th hole at nashville?
Just that he's pretty cool. I'd like to meet him one day  ;)

Bigbossman

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2011, 09:51:10 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 15, 2011, 09:48:02 pm
Just that he's pretty cool. I'd like to meet him one day  ;)

yep he is a pretty cool cat.

Wahls

OMG GUYS WHERE DID THE FOOTBALL BOARD MOVE TO.

Nah I'm just kidding. This golf talk makes me want to go golfing.

Top Shelf

Spent 600k on greens and went back with bent grass??

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 09:53:33 pm
OMG GUYS WHERE DID THE FOOTBALL BOARD MOVE TO.

Nah I'm just kidding. This golf talk makes me want to go golfing.
They moved it to the thread 'showbands dominance over Nashville'

Jk

Bigbossman

Im done with the golf talk. I hadnt hit a ball in 10 years. I know i brought it up but had a reason.

So back to the trash talk.

Wahls

Love The Scrappers

QuoteNashville's QB can't throw into Cover 3
It is o.k. he struggles with cover 3 since he will see cover 2 and 4 this week vs the DeQuack leopards. He was 14-18 vs cover 4 last week I do believe. I am not sure that the band member knows the difference in cover 4 and cover 3 though.

Wahls

November 15, 2011, 11:52:39 pm #148 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:58:41 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Love The Scrappers on November 15, 2011, 11:46:00 pm
QuoteNashville's QB can't throw into Cover 3
It is o.k. he struggles with cover 3 since he will see cover 2 and 4 this week vs the DeQuack leopards. He was 14-18 vs cover 4 last week I do believe.

We know he struggles in cover 3 so logically De Queen would play 2 and 4 against him. That makes sense. Got any other gems for me?

QuoteI am not sure that the band member knows the difference in cover 4 and cover 3 though.

Oh you do have another gem. Bring it on, tool.

BTW, I've looked at some of your posts and you have some inside information. Anything we should know? Got a name, coach?

EDIT - One more thing, De Queen is a lot more athletic than Highland. There's no point in playing cover 4.

Love The Scrappers

QuoteGot a name, coach?
I will take that as a compliment. At least my comments must be making sense. Yes I was at the 1st game and saw DQ in Cover 4. I do know what that looks like. I was fortunate enough to get to see the Highland game last week. I am well imformed and I love to get someone from DQ fired up. From what I saw Highland was just about as athletic as DQ. But what do I know. 35-21 would be fine with me again this week. Once again thanks for the compliment.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas