• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 4A Playoff Bracket / Results (Girls Champion: Gentry, Boys Champion: CAC)

Started by sevenof400, May 14, 2015, 07:14:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Very close and good game I assume for sure. Thanks for the update. 

VHSCoach2

chaoslord

Leon

Leon

Leon

Looks like its staring to look like it will turnout that way

Quote from: Leon on May 15, 2015, 10:57:35 pm
Last year Danville beat Green Forrest before state tourney, and made it to second round lost to CAC... Green Forrest beat CAC in final :) that's good ole soccer for you.

Danville beat Decatur during this season 3-1 I believe close match with Warren will be interesting.

With an unbiased prediction just looking at the numbers (of course that doesn't mean anything in this sport) I think Danville might have an edge at the end and go to final to play CAC.

I am not undermining Dardanelle or Warren I could be completely proven wrong tomorrow. Without a doubt the four best teams are representing.

VHSCoach2

AirWarren

Leon

Romeo

Congrats to Danville. Warren was down 2-0 at halftime but fought back in the second half. Just got beat by a better team. It was a great season.

pitchperfect

Quote from: Romeo on May 16, 2015, 06:16:01 pm
Congrats to Danville. Warren was down 2-0 at halftime but fought back in the second half. Just got beat by a better team. It was a great season.

That was a very entertaining match. Two highly skilled teams playing with a lot of passion. I was impressed with both sides.

VHSCoach2

Gentry 2, CAC 0. Late second half.

I'll update this after each goal.

MDXPHD

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 22, 2015, 10:00:49 am
Gentry 2 (12', 38'), CAC 0. Halftime.

Is the stud scoring their goals?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 22, 2015, 10:41:35 am
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 22, 2015, 10:00:49 am
Gentry 2 (12', 38'), CAC 0. Halftime.

Is the stud scoring their goals?

Yes, she got Gentry's goal off of a free kick.

VHSCoach2

Final score:

Gentry 2 (12', 65'?) Central Arkansas Christian 0.

The scoreboard was (still is) malfunctioning, so I don't know the exact timing of Gentry's second goal.

sevenof400

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2015, 07:14:02 am
4A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Girls:Gentry 2 vs CAC 0
Boys:Danville vs CAC

4A Tournament

BOYS:
1st-1: Dardanelle 7 vs. 4th-2: Malvern 0
2nd-3: Conway, St. Joseph 0 vs. 3rd-4: Episcopal 2

1st-1: Dardanelle 4 vs. 3rd-4: Episcopal 1

1st-1: Dardanelle 0 vs 1st-2: CAC 1

1st-2: CAC 7 vs. 2nd-4: Hamburg 1

1st-2: CAC 6 vs. 4th-1: Subiaco 0
2nd-4: Hamburg 2 vs. 3rd-3: Riverview 0

1st-4: Warren 6 vs. 4th-3: Brookland 0
2nd-2: Cossatot River 1 vs. 3rd-1: Decatur 2

1st-4: Warren 2 vs. 3rd-1: Decatur 0

1st-4: Warren 2 vs 2nd-1: Danville 3

1st-3: Crowley's Ridge 0 vs. 2nd-1: Danville 4

1st-3: Crowley's Ridge 4 vs. 4th-4: Monticello 1
2nd-1: Danville 2 vs. 3rd-2: Arkadelphia 0

GIRLS:
1st-1: Shiloh 6 vs. 4th-2: Mena 0
2nd-3: Conway Christian 3 vs. 3rd-4: Stuttgart 0

1st-1: Shiloh 6 vs 2nd-3: Conway Christian 0

1st-1: Shiloh 0 vs 1st-2: CAC 1

1st-2: CAC 4 vs 2nd-4: Warren 0

1st-2: CAC 4 vs. 4th-1: Huntsville 0
2nd-4: Warren 3 vs. 3rd-3: Southside Batesville 1

1st-4: Episcopal 3 vs. 4th-3: Riverview 2
2nd-2: Malvern 0 vs. 3rd-1: Berryville 3

1st-4: Episcopal 4 vs  3rd-1: Berryville 1

1st-4: Episcopal 0 vs 2nd-1: Gentry 3

1st-3: Conway, St. Joseph 0 vs 2nd-1: Gentry 7

1st-3: Conway, St. Joseph 2 vs. 4th-4: eStem 0
2nd-1: Gentry 11 vs. 3rd-2: Arkadelphia 1

VHSCoach2

Final score:

Central Arkansas Christian 2 (18', 61'), Danville 1 (66').

chaoslord

Oof, I think that should have been a PK there for CAC shortly before half time. One mans opinion anyway. Very good game so far though.

Scots10

VHSCoach2

This was an entertaining match to see.  Danville battled the entire time and didn't hang their heads when they were down 1-0 and then 2-0.  Hats off to them, and of course to CAC for getting the win after two straight years of being the runner-up.

Leon

Very good game indeed, Danville had the ball possession most of the game and generated good soccer play skills, however, that was not enough and CAC scored the two opportunities they had. In soccer the one that plays better does not guarantee a win and that's what is beautiful about the sport. I know there will be a next time Danville is young but growing fast. This is not the last time we will hear from Danville. Congrats to CAC on their win.

Scots10

Maybe I watched a different game, but after staying for the 5a girls game, I thought both of those teams could have beat either of these teams  ;D

Leon

Quote from: Scots10 on May 22, 2015, 08:07:55 pm
Maybe I watched a different game, but after staying for the 5a girls game, I thought both of those teams could have beat either of these teams  ;D

You must be one of those sore losers or joes that where knocked along the way. If you are NOT A CAC OR DANVILLE FOLLOWER OR PART OF DONT BOTHER COMMENTING. 

The Coach

Ignorance  ;D

Leon

MDXPHD

Quote from: Leon on May 22, 2015, 09:42:42 pm

You must be one of those sore losers or joes that where knocked along the way. If you are NOT A CAC OR DANVILLE FOLLOWER OR PART OF DONT BOTHER COMMENTING.

So, unless you are a CAC or Danville follower then you can't comment on a state championship game? Interesting. I didn't know a spot for your team in the championship also secured your exclusive message board.

Lionheart88

You know how those unbiased observers are.  You can't trust their opinions.

Scots10

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 23, 2015, 07:47:06 am

So, unless you are a CAC or Danville follower then you can't comment on a state championship game? Interesting. I didn't know a spot for your team in the championship also secured your exclusive message board.

You can pretend all you like that that game was decent but it was sad that was a state championship game.

sevenof400

Quote from: Scots10 on May 23, 2015, 09:07:57 am

You can pretend all you like that that game was decent but it was sad that was a state championship game.

Scots10,

I've read (and reread) your comments in this thread and I want to make sure I'm understanding your point.
Are you saying both 4A teams are/were better than the 5A teams? 

Arbitro

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 23, 2015, 09:16:23 am

Scots10,

I've read (and reread) your comments in this thread and I want to make sure I'm understanding your point.
Are you saying both 4A teams are/were better than the 5A teams?
Since this is the 4A thread, I thought Scots10 was saying that the 5A girls' teams ("those") would have beaten the 4A boys' teams ("these").  Seems like a stretch to me, but I wasn't there to watch.

Leon

That is not what I meant at all, if you are commenting just in terms of putting down or diminishing what these guys have accomplished to get there by saying it the way you said it then don't bother..Everyone is free to watch /comment on all of the game. I hope your team gave an espectacular and entertaining game and won a final yesterday. Unless you are from Danville or CAC and being self critical then much respect.

Leon

Perhaps it wasn't an espectacular game but these guys were there for a reason. During the season and state rounds the games they played were in fact very entertaining and they way soccer should be played.  CACs style didn't give room for Danville's style. These guys went forward lobbing passes and the ball seemed to me was more in the air than on the ground. That hurt Danville in that they couldn't play generating soccer. Though when Danville brought the ball on the ground you could clearly see how Danville kids would outdribble CAC. CAC won and that's that.

Scots10

I don't mean to be rude about the effort they put forth, they was clearly there for the whole game and I'm sure the whole season.  Congrats to them for everything they put into the year.

Leon

Quote from: Scots10 on May 23, 2015, 10:39:38 am
I don't mean to be rude about the effort they put forth, they was clearly there for the whole game and I'm sure the whole season.  Congrats to them for everything they put into the year.

If you truly know and like soccer than you should know that every game is different and many aspects that affect it. Not being rude but you can't preach about what you don't know about and sometimes is better to recognize them specially in a final.

Leon

Quote from: Leon on May 23, 2015, 10:52:42 am
Quote from: Scots10 on May 23, 2015, 10:39:38 am

If you truly know and like soccer than you should know that every game is different and many aspects that affect it. Not being rude but you can't preach about what you don't know about and sometimes is better to recognize them specially in a final.

Scots10

sevenof400

Leon

Quote from: Scots10 on May 23, 2015, 10:57:24 am
Expected to see more in a final.  It's a fair statement.

Lets leave it at that, but everyone's expectations are different. I take away from this that these guys had a great season and hope both teams improve (there is a lot to improve on) and bring the competitive bar higher next season. Good close of the season.

The Coach

Quote from: Scots10 on May 23, 2015, 10:57:24 am
Expected to see more in a final.  It's a fair statement.

Only fair if you understand what you're seeing which from the previous posts you don't

pitchperfect

I was a little surprised by the result. after seeing both teams play last week, I thought Danville was the better side. As someone else said though, that's soccer. The best team doesn't always win. Congrats to both teams on great seasons.

Scots10

I apologize for any confusion.

All I was trying to say was that I hadn't watched a 4a game all year and thought the championship would be a more skillful game than it was.   The 5a girls beating the 4a boys thing was just an exaggeration based on the girls game being more skillful.

Lionheart88

That's not uncommon.  Conventional wisdom is that on a given level (high school, college, World Cup, whatever) the men's game tends to be more athletic and the women's game more technical.  You see the same thing in basketball.  Women can't make as many of the flashy, athletic plays that the guys do, but they often play a better game from a technical perspective.

Of course, that is a massive generalization.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas