• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 6A Playoff Bracket and Results (Girls Champion: Siloam Springs, Boys Champion: Russellville )

Started by sevenof400, May 03, 2015, 09:33:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

6A Tournament: Hosted by Searcy

6A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Siloam Springs 1 vs Searcy 0
Siloam Springs 1 vs Russellville 2

First through Third Rounds
BOYS:
E2: Jonesboro 4 vs. S6: Sheridan 3 - Thursday, 12:00 pm
          E2: Jonesboro 3 vs S1: El Dorado 1 - Friday, 12:00 pm

E2: Jonesboro 2 vs C1: Siloam Springs 6

S4: LR Parkview 0 vs. E3: Mountain Home 4 - Thursday, 12:00 pm
          E3: Mountain Home 1 vs C1: Siloam Springs 3 - Friday, 12:00 pm

S3: Little Rock Hall 3 vs. C3: Greenwood 1 - Thursday, 12:00 pm
          S3: Little Rock Hall 0 vs E1: Searcy 6 - Friday, 12:00 pm

E1: Searcy 0 vs C2: Russellville 3

C2: Russellville 6 vs. S5: Texarkana 0 - Thursday, 12:00 pm
          C2: Russellville 1 vs S2: Benton 0 - Friday, 2:00 pm

GIRLS:
E2: Mountain Home 9 vs. S6: Little Rock Hall 0
          E2: Mountain Home 2 vs S1: El Dorado 0 - Friday, 10:00 am

E2: Mountain Home 2 vs C1: Siloam Springs 5

S4: Texarkana 4 vs. E3: Jonesboro 1
          S4: Texarkana 0 vs C1: Siloam Springs  5- Friday, 10:00 am

S3: Lake Hamilton 1 vs. C3: Russellville 5
          C3: Russellville 0 vs E1: Searcy 1 - Friday, 10:00 am

E1: Searcy 1 vs C2: Greenwood 0

C2: Greenwood 4 vs. S5: Benton 0
          C2: Greenwood 2 vs S2: Sheridan 0 - Friday, 2:00 pm

fourfourtwo

6A girls
Siloam Springs has the first seed as of today with their win against Greenwood.
Siloam has 2 wins, 1 loss and 3 tie breaker points. Greenwood has 2 wins, 2 losses, and 2 tie breaker points. Russellville has 1 win and 2 losses and 1 tie breaker point.
Russellville and Silaom play Tuesday.

sevenof400

I'll be updating this throughout the day Fourfourtwo - this is definitely a work in progress!

(Off now to see Avengers 2!)

fourfourtwo

May 06, 2015, 11:13:33 am #3 Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:15:26 am by fourfourtwo
6A Central update
Girls:
The seeds are set after last night's Siloam Springs @ Russellville game.  Siloam won in PK's

1st seed- Siloam Springs (3-1 in conference)
2nd seed- Greenwood (2-2 in conference)
3rd seed- Russellville (1-3 in conference)

Boys:
The only seed that is set is 1st seed.  Russellville had to beat Siloam by 2 or more goals to either force a tie breaker procedure for 1st seed or win it outright.  Russellville won 3-2.

1st seed- Siloam Springs (2-2 in conference and 3 tie breaker points)
2nd seed- Either Greenwood or Russellville (both are 2-2 in conference, split during conference play and have 2 tie breaker points.  Supposedly there is to be a coin flip to determine 2nd and 3rd seed.)
3rd seed- looser of said coin flip

fourfourtwo

6a Central is set:
Girls- 1st Siloam Springs
         2nd Greenwood
         3rd Russellville

Boys- 1st Siloam Springs
         2nd Russellvie ( coin flip)
         3rd Greenwood (coin flip)

eldoradosoccerplayer

Sorry but I'm not really understanding why El Dorado in both cases would end up playing a second seed when they're both undefeated and there would be 3 and 4 seeds left in the competition.  It's like the bracket is backwards.

sevenof400

Quote from: eldoradosoccerplayer on May 07, 2015, 07:18:54 pm
Sorry but I'm not really understanding why El Dorado in both cases would end up playing a second seed when they're both undefeated and there would be 3 and 4 seeds left in the competition.  It's like the bracket is backwards.

I can't argue that point (and I won't try to explain AAA's thinking here) but I guess one thing to consider is that some #1 seed was going to have to play a #2 seed (see the original bracket by clicking here).  It was just a turn of luck that was going against the South 1 seed this year for both the boys and girls.  Over time, these things even out but that explanation never really satisfies for the one year when it matters to a team.

fourfourtwo

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 07, 2015, 07:28:31 pm
Quote from: eldoradosoccerplayer on May 07, 2015, 07:18:54 pm

I can't argue that point (and I won't try to explain AAA's thinking here) but I guess one thing to consider is that some #1 seed was going to have to play a #2 seed (see the original bracket by clicking here).  It was just a turn of luck that was going against the South 1 seed this year for both the boys and girls.  Over time, these things even out but that explanation never really satisfies for the one year when it matters to a team.

Would have to agree with Seven, it's hard to accept  a #1 seed havingto play a #2 seed their first game in the state playoffs.  But with 12 teams there is no way around it.

CoachKJ

6A South girls seeds

1 El Dorado
2 Sheridan
3 Lake Hamilton
4 Texarkana/Benton
5 Benton/Texarkana
6 LR Hall

Benton plays Sheridan on Monday. If Benton wins, they're the 4, lose they're the 5.

Boys

1 El Dorado
2 Benton
3 LR Hall/LR Parkview
4 LR Parkview/LR Hall
5 Texarkana/Sheridan
6 Sheridan/Texarkana

Hall and Parkview play Monday for 3/4.
Sheridan plays Benton Monday. Sheridan wins they're 5, lose they're 6.

Less sure if I'm correct on boys side of bracket. Girls side is accurate.

6aSoccer

Seems like the teams to beat are:
Anyone from the central
El Dorado
Searcy

Prediction
El Dorado v Siloam
Searcy v Russellville

El Dorado v Russellville

Is this the year the south pulls the upset and wins it all?

Arkansas_Sports

6aSoccer

Quote from: Arkansas_Sports on May 11, 2015, 11:38:41 am
Jonesboro Vs Siloam in the semi finals

Jonesboro very well could. They beat Searcy earlier in the year and just dismantled mountain home. They also beat a very good valley view team and played Cabot and central to 1 goal difference and tied north little rock. El dorado though has ran through their conference with ease so I think they should be considered the team to beat until someone can.

fourfourtwo

Quote from: 6aSoccer on May 11, 2015, 12:06:36 pm

Jonesboro very well could. They beat Searcy earlier in the year and just dismantled mountain home. They also beat a very good valley view team and played Cabot and central to 1 goal difference and tied north little rock. El dorado though has ran through their conference with ease so I think they should be considered the team to beat until someone can.
I'm surprised no one is talking more about Searcy boys.  They beat Mountain Home and Jonesboro in the later half of the season.  They seem to be the team to beat in the lower half of the bracket.  Siloam Springs, on the other hand, has struggled late in the season loosing their last three games. Vs Greenwood 2-3, vs Russellville 2-3, and vs LR Catholic 0-8?  Not sure if the last one is accurate.  They were beat by Mountain Home last year and very well could be again this year if they don't get out of their funk. 

The second round match-ups will be the games to watch if the high seeds win in the first round.  Jonesboro v El Dorado should be a great game.  Mountain Home v Siloam will be a rematch of last years 2nd round showdown and a contrast of playing styles.  Greenwood v Searcy should be interesting and Russellville v Benton could be close. 
Greenwood and Russellville are on the same side of the bracket this year so we very well could have a rematch of last years' state final. 
Again, all this if the high seed wins in the first round, but as last year showed us, anything is possible.  Good luck to all the teams. 

Colt

Anyone have a clue as to location of games? All being played at a complex? Any on turf? Brackets only have times, no locations period.

chaoslord

They're using the HS stadium and two nearby fields.

http://searcysoccer.com/files/SearcySportsComplexMap.pdf

E: Bracket is live now with teams

6aSoccer

Quote from: fourfourtwo on May 11, 2015, 06:07:54 pm
Quote from: 6aSoccer on May 11, 2015, 12:06:36 pm

I'm surprised no one is talking more about Searcy boys.  They beat Mountain Home and Jonesboro in the later half of the season.  They seem to be the team to beat in the lower half of the bracket.  Siloam Springs, on the other hand, has struggled late in the season loosing their last three games. Vs Greenwood 2-3, vs Russellville 2-3, and vs LR Catholic 0-8?  Not sure if the last one is accurate.  They were beat by Mountain Home last year and very well could be again this year if they don't get out of their funk. 

The second round match-ups will be the games to watch if the high seeds win in the first round.  Jonesboro v El Dorado should be a great game.  Mountain Home v Siloam will be a rematch of last years 2nd round showdown and a contrast of playing styles.  Greenwood v Searcy should be interesting and Russellville v Benton could be close. 
Greenwood and Russellville are on the same side of the bracket this year so we very well could have a rematch of last years' state final. 
Again, all this if the high seed wins in the first round, but as last year showed us, anything is possible.  Good luck to all the teams.

Mountain home beat searcy in their final game not the other way around
Jonesboro was down two starters that played a big role in a game they are already outmatched
Searcy is great no doubt, but they're not running through anyone anymore like before

chaoslord

UncleJaybird1973

9 min left  Jonesboro -vs- Sheridan  tied up 2-2  in rain delay.

mhip201

ricepig

Quote from: mhip201 on May 14, 2015, 02:25:26 pm
Does anyone know the status of the Jonesboro v. Sheridan game?

In OT tied 3-3

Jonesboro won 4-3.

Buck183

Has anyone heard the outcome of the Jonesboro/Texarkana girls game?  I'm hearing Texarkana 4-1.

Buck

ricepig

Quote from: Buck183 on May 14, 2015, 03:03:40 pm
Has anyone heard the outcome of the Jonesboro/Texarkana girls game?  I'm hearing Texarkana 4-1.

Buck

Correct

Buck183

UncleJaybird1973

chaoslord

Quote from: UncleJaybird1973 on May 14, 2015, 04:47:11 pm
Any more updates on the other 6A Boys Games from today?
VB
Jonesboro 4 Sheridan 3
Mountain Home 4 Parkview 0
LR Hall 3 Greenwood 1
Russelville 6 Texarkana 0

VG
Mountain Home 9 LR Hall 0
Texarkana 4 Jonesboro 1
Russelville 5 Lake Hamilton 1
Greenwood 4 Benton 0

sevenof400

Buck183

Girls results from morning matches.

Siloam Springs 5   Texarkana 0
Mt. Home 2  El Dorado  0

GenesisGuzman16

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Buck183 on May 15, 2015, 11:38:15 am
Girls results from morning matches.

Siloam Springs 5   Texarkana 0
Mt. Home 2  El Dorado  0

To go along with these: Searcy VG 1, Russellville VG 0, final.

GenesisGuzman16

VHSCoach2

Buck183

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Searcy VB 6, LR Hall VB 0.

Russellville VB 1, Benton VB 0.

The 6A Quarter-Finals are now complete.

Buck183

VHSCoach2

Siloam Springs VG 5, Mountain Home VG 2, final

Buck183

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Siloam Springs 1 (34'), Searcy 0.

Halftime

Lionheart88

Siloam just went up 1-0.  Beautiful cutback to the open man after a long run down the sideline.  Maybe 10 left to halftime.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Final score:

Siloam Springs 1 (34'), Searcy 0.

Back-to-back State Championships for Siloam Springs.

VHSCoach2

Final score:

Russellville 2 (?', 36'), Siloam Springs 1 (?').

Two in a row and three out of four for the Cyclones.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas