• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 5A Playoff Bracket and Results (Girls Champion: LRCA, Boys Champion: DeQueen)

Started by sevenof400, May 03, 2015, 09:25:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

5A Tournament: host Hope

5A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Pulaski Academy 1 vs Little Rock Christian 2
Pulaski Academy 3 vs DeQueen 8

BOYS:
The games in the top half of the boys bracket will play at 12:00 pm (noon) Thursday, Friday and Saturday
C1: Pulaski Academy 4 vs. E4: Paragould 2
S2: Hot Springs Lakeside 4 vs. W3: Harrison 0

C1: Pulaski Academy 3 vs S2: Hot Springs Lakeside 2

C1: Pulaski Academy 3 vs S3: Hot Springs 1

E1: Valley View 3 vs. S3: Hot Springs 4

E1: Valley View 5 vs. C4: Beebe 1
W2: Little Rock Christian 2 vs. S3: Hot Springs 5

The games in the bottom half of the boys bracket will play at 4:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
W1 Maumelle 3 vs. S4: Hope 2 (2OT)
E2: Batesville 3 vs. C3: North Pulaski 1

W1 Maumelle 2 vs E2: Batesville 0

W1 Maumelle vs S1: De Queen

S1: De Queen 4 vs E3: Nettleton 1

S1: De Queen 6 vs. W4: Vilonia 0
C2: Jacksonville L vs. E3: Nettleton W (in KFTM)

GIRLS:
The games in the top half of the girls bracket will play at 10:00 am Thursday, Friday and Saturday
C1: Pulaski Academy 10 vs. E4: Nettleton
S2: Hot Springs Lakeside 1 vs. W3: Maumelle 5

C1: Pulaski Academy 6 vs W3: Maumelle 0

C1: Pulaski Academy 2 vs W2: Harrison 1

E1: Valley View 1(1) vs W2: Harrison 1(3)

E1: Valley View 9 vs. C4: Beebe 0                 
W2: Harrison 6 vs. S3: White Hall 0         

The games in the bottom half of the girls bracket will play at 2:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
W1: Little Rock Christian 14 vs. S4: Hot Springs 0
E2: Greene County Tech 2 vs. C3: Sylvan Hills 1

W1: Little Rock Christian 5 vs E2: Greene County Tech 0

W1: Little Rock Christian 6 vs W4: Greenbrier 0

W4: Greenbrier 1 vs E3: Batesville 0

S1: De Queen 0 vs. W4: Greenbrier 3
C2: North Pulaski L vs. E3: Batesville W (in KFTM)

MDXPHD

I think Batesville boys are above Nettleton in the East.  Batesville has lost two games, both to Valley View, and Nettleton has lost two games. Batesville has beaten Nettleton the only time they played though, so they would hold the tiebreaker.  They will play again this week to determine the 2/3 seeds.

Lionheart88

I believe that in the 5A South, the Girls seeds 1-3 are locked in.  Even if DeQueen lost to HS on 05/01 and loses to White Hall friday, they hold the tiebreaker over Lakeside, so DeQueen is the 1.  Even with a win friday, White Hall will have more losses than Lakeside, so Lakeside is the 2.  Hot Springs already has 5 losses, so even if they beat DeQueen on 05/01 and White Hall loses friday, they'll still be behind White Hall, who therefore has the 3 locked up.  The only question is whether or not Hope can pull off a win against Hot Springs and steal the 4 this friday (unless Hot Springs did beat DeQueen on 05/01, in which case they're the 4 regardless).

sevenof400

sevenof400

Should now be as updated and accurate as possible..

sevenof400

A few typos caught and fixed.  Current through May 7th.

Go Postal

Lionheart88, I'm going to be 59 years old, sevenof400 is a few years younger than me.  He does updates on many sports forums.  I like you on putting in stuff over the years.  Maybe when seven is old and grey like me, you can take over as a moderator on  7A, 6A 5A stuff.  Big job, no pay from ff, but you can keep Arkansas fans updated on Arkansas high school stats.

Side note to seven:  We are getting older, brother, maybe is time to train the padiwans to post and give Arkansas and the World knowledge of Arkansas sports.
Quote from: sevenof400 on May 08, 2015, 10:37:52 pm
Updating...

mijally

Anyone know the location or the address of the games in Hope?  Are they being played at the high school?  Soccer park?  Grass or turf?

chaoslord

The games that list F1 are the high school stadium. F2 is the practice field. F3/F4 are two park fields, guessing here http://www.hopearkansas.net/pview.aspx?id=6506&catid=583 but someone can chime in if thats off

ARSoccer25

Such a terrible place for state. Easily some of the worst fields around.

Sir Alex

how bad are the fields?  Bermuda or pasture fescue? Or is there grass at all?  No grass is ok, manholes and boulders are not good.

Go Postal

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 12, 2015, 09:31:15 pm
how bad are the fields?  Bermuda or pasture fescue? Or is there grass at all?  No grass is ok, manholes and boulders are not good.

Harrison has played in Huntsville in past years in soccer.  So I guess we have been trained for anything. ;)

MDXPHD

Everyone likes to complain about where the games are played..seems like we do this every year.  In reality, only a few (and I mean very few) teams bid to host soccer.  It's usually around graduation and toward the end of the year, so they don't want to put up with it.  Oh, and it's soccer. If the state could just pick any location to assign the tournament to, then we would probably play at better places.  Luckily for 5A, Harrison does a great job hosting, but I don't think the state wants them to have it EVERY year (but I bet most would disagree and say they should host it every year ha).

chaoslord

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 13, 2015, 07:31:45 am
(but I bet most would disagree and say they should host it every year ha).

As someone who woke up to get on a bus at 4am the morning after prom to get on a bus, ride to Harrison, and lose 5-0 to Harrison in the first round of a state tournament, I personally wouldn't have it any other way unless it were going to be at Burns some years.

Lionheart88

I'd rather it be at Burns Park all the time.  Barring weather (which is an issue there fairly often, admittedly), they've got the fields to host all four classifications at once and it's centrally located, so fewer teams have to make 4+ hour drives, it's easier to get back for graduation and the like, etc.

sevenof400

10:00 a.m scores:

C1: Pulaski Academy vs. E4: Nettleton
S2: Hot Springs Lakeside 1 vs. W3: Maumelle 5 - Final

E1: Valley View 9 vs. C4: Beebe 0 - Final
W2: Harrison 6 vs. S3: White Hall 0 - Final

mijally

sevenof400

12:00 pm (noon) Thursday scores (in progress)
C1: Pulaski Academy 1 vs. E4: Paragould 1

E1: Valley View vs. C4: Beebe
W2: Little Rock Christian 0 vs. S3: Hot Springs 3

..that is not a misprint...according to Twitter

Taxman

Text  I just received said Valley View was up 4 - 0 just before half.  Said goals were not centered and was causing a little problems.

VHSCoach2

MDXPHD

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2015, 12:16:14 pm
C1: Pulaski Academy vs. E4: Paragould
S2: Hot Springs Lakeside vs. W3: Harrison

E1: Valley View vs. C4: Beebe

The South is getting better every year..they have to since they all have to play DeQueen

sevenof400

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2015, 12:16:14 pm
C1: Pulaski Academy 1 vs. E4: Paragould 1

E1: Valley View 5 vs. C4: Beebe 1

Updating

mijally

mijally

MDXPHD

mijally

MDXPHD

mijally

sevenof400

Quote from: mijally on May 14, 2015, 06:21:00 pm
Maumelle 3 Hope 2.  2OT. What a game

Wow!  Any game details to share Mijally?

Any other scores from the 4:00 pm games?

carteri

North pulaski girls lost in pks after double overtime probably the best game of the day the boys lost 3/1....both teams played batesville

Arkansas8

Go Postal

A few thoughts about today's 1st round for the West conference...
The girls swept from what I saw.  I thought that this would happen, but anything can always happen during playoff.  For instance, looking at the boys side...
W1 Maumelle 3 vs S4 Hope 2.  2OT. WOW!
W2 Little Rock Christian 2 vs S3 Hot Springs 5.   :o  What a upset!
W4 Vilonia 0 vs S1 DeQueen 6.  DQ is the current State Champ.  They are good.
W3 Harrison 0 vs W2 HS Lakeside 4.  Lakeside is the current State Runner-up.  This game I wasn't really sure about.

Lakeside has beaten Harrison before in the semis in '11 and '12.  Lost to Siloam Springs in the finals on both of those years.  Harrison beat Lakeside in the finals in '03.  Lakeside lost to DQ in the finals in '14.  I have them with 4 State Runner-ups over the years.

Harrison has won and lost to DQ in the last 2 semis and as stated above, lost to Lakeside twice in the semis.  They have 6 State Champs and one State Runner-ups over the years.

But yep, I think that Lakeside is getting better.  This year marks the 1st time that Harrison boys haven't made it to the semis since '02.  Great Job, Lakeside, keep up the great work!

Also on a side note of two different sport's 1st round playoffs today...

Soccer boys
HS Lakeside 4
Harrison 0

Baseball
Harrison 7
HS Lakeside 3

The #4 for goals and home runs between each team.  Just thought it was interesting.  Good luck to HS Lakeside down in Hope and Harrison at home in the rest of these two sport's playoffs.

Sir Alex

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2015, 08:28:18 pm
Day one is complete.

Day one is complete and unfortunately Day 2 will bring another day of playing on the practice field at Hope.  Thank goodness there are no more games on the two park fields although the skatepark artists in Hope are quite good at drawing male and female body parts. 

Maybe some soccer will be played on the turf field tomorrow because there won't be much played on the grass. 

What do 10" nails, pipes, fire ants, dog poop and slop have in common?

VHSCoach2

Anybody have the actual scores for two Day 1 matches that went to KFTM?

carteri

hst

Quote from: Go Postal on May 14, 2015, 08:45:49 pm
A few thoughts about today's 1st round for the West conference...
The girls swept from what I saw.  I thought that this would happen, but anything can always happen during playoff.  For instance, looking at the boys side...
W1 Maumelle 3 vs S4 Hope 2.  2OT. WOW!
W2 Little Rock Christian 0 vs S3 Hot Springs 3.   :o  What a upset!
W4 Vilonia 0 vs S1 DeQueen 6.  DQ is the current State Champ.  They are good.
W3 Harrison 0 vs W2 HS Lakeside 4.  Lakeside is the current State Runner-up.  This game I wasn't really sure about.

Lakeside has beaten Harrison before in the semis in '11 and '12.  Lost to Siloam Springs in the finals on both of those years.  Harrison beat Lakeside in the finals in '03.  Lakeside lost to DQ in the finals in '14.  I have them with 4 State Runner-ups over the years.

Harrison has won and lost to DQ in the last 2 semis and as stated above, lost to Lakeside twice in the semis.  They have 6 State Champs and one State Runner-ups over the years.

But yep, I think that Lakeside is getting better.  This year marks the 1st time that Harrison boys haven't made it to the semis since '02.  Great Job, Lakeside, keep up the great work!

Also on a side note of two different sport's 1st round playoffs today...

Soccer boys
HS Lakeside 4
Harrison 0

Baseball
Harrison 7
HS Lakeside 3

The #4 for goals and home runs between each team.  Just thought it was interesting.  Good luck to HS Lakeside down in Hope and Harrison at home in the rest of these two sport's playoffs.

The HS/LRCA boys score was 5-2 final.

mijally

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2015, 06:26:11 pm
Quote from: mijally on May 14, 2015, 06:21:00 pm
Maumelle 3 Hope 2.  2OT. What a game

Wow!  Any game details to share Mijally?

Any other scores from the 4:00 pm games?
Hope took a 1-0 lead early getting behind our defense for a breakaway. We responded a few minutes later with about a 30 yd shot from our mid. I believe Hope scored again late in the first half or early 2nd half but held that lead until 1:20 left in the game. Then Hope got called for tripping right outside the box and another one of our midfielders put the free kick in the upper left corner of the net to send to OT.  We had lots of opportunities in first and 2nd OT with no luck until our striker got in close and put back his own deflected shot with 5 seconds left in the 2nd OT.

Go Postal

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 14, 2015, 09:03:28 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2015, 08:28:18 pm
Day one is complete.

Day one is complete and unfortunately Day 2 will bring another day of playing on the practice field at Hope.  Thank goodness there are no more games on the two park fields although the skatepark artists in Hope are quite good at drawing male and female body parts. 

Maybe some soccer will be played on the turf field tomorrow because there won't be much played on the grass. 

What do 10" nails, pipes, fire ants, dog poop and slop have in common?
That is hilarious!  My answer is "Very careful playing and a lot of strategy for teams on that surface", though Harrison has play on some other fields like that over the years, not to mention their names.
Not a lot of towns has parks and recreation service that Harrison has to keep up the pitches for playoffs.  How are the Mosquitoes down South at this time of the year?
But seriously, not to dis Hope, glad they have a chance to host the playoffs.

From a postal worker view, the 718 zip code area is so far South that mail is worked from Texas.  LOL!  But glad that they play in Arkansas sports. ;D

Go Postal

Ponca

This is not the year anyone wants to play soccer at Burns Park. As bad as Hope is with their fire ant infested fields, Hope looks like Old Trafford compared to Burns Park at this point.
http://youtu.be/yryvtsGdoHA

VHSCoach2

Pulaski Academy girls beat Maumelle 6-?

I've seen PA's score, but Maumelle's was left off the score report.

sevenof400

VHSCoach2

Scots10

mijally

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas