• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock Christian at Texarkana

Started by PA Dad, November 09, 2018, 09:45:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I watched some of the LRC game tonight.  They looked very good.

I haven't seen Texarkana play this year but they obviously have a good team.  Both of these teams have been top 5 most of the year.

I'm going with LRC to win this one primarily because of the injuries to the Hogs' top players.

Texarkana_Piggie

PA Dad

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 09, 2018, 09:57:03 pm
We have more than 2 weapons.

I admit I'm making a prediction in the dark since I haven't seen Texarkana play.  Mark it up to my bias toward Central.

Zeus

Arkansas High's backup running back has even more potential then the D1 back that got injured earlier this year. Our young receivers stepped up when our other D1 wr got injured. There hasnt been a drop off at all to be honest. Unless LRCA starts playing defense, the hogs will roll. AHS could've won tonight by 70 points, but decided to play the second and third stringers in the third and 4th quarter.

Hogman2018

We have no chance LRC is unbeatable!! They will score 50 on our sorry defense!! I just want to see the best team in Arkansas  history play next week!

incogneto

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 09, 2018, 10:20:20 pm
We have no chance LRC is unbeatable!! They will score 50 on our sorry defense!! I just want to see the best team in Arkansas  history play next week!
Well you are going to get your chance.

Hogman2018

Yall just dont mercy rule us! Dont embarrass us.

Hoghead2

28-21 Texarkana. The speed on defense for Texarkana is the key. If LRC can't stop the run AHS will not be kind. Depth is the only weakness for Arkansas High. Their passing game is simple but effective.

STUNNA

Quote from: Zeus on November 09, 2018, 10:09:39 pm
Arkansas High's backup running back has even more potential then the D1 back that got injured earlier this year. Our young receivers stepped up when our other D1 wr got injured. There hasnt been a drop off at all to be honest. Unless LRCA starts playing defense, the hogs will roll. AHS could've won tonight by 70 points, but decided to play the second and third stringers in the third and 4th quarter.
What offers do these D1 players have? Guess i haven't heard about these guys.

Central AR

Quote from: STUNNA on November 10, 2018, 05:57:48 am
What offers do these D1 players have? Guess i haven't heard about these guys.

They don't have any. They did have a D2 guard on the basketball team a year ago. Maybe that's relevant? 😂😂

TNT_15

Honestly this won't be much of a game. The only way Texarkana stays in it is if LRC allowed them to. The only way Texarkana wins is if LRC plays the middle school team then again that might be a close game. .

incogneto

November 11, 2018, 06:41:21 am #11 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:47:44 am by incogneto
So to be clear I have only seen one actual LRCA poster in this thread and that's me.  So don't come back and contribute trash talking to LRCA posters.  I expect us to win the game but I think it's a push game.  A lot depends on how many of our starting players are out for this game.  If we have three of our top guys out like we have the last few weeks this could be hard game to win. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 11, 2018, 01:51:17 am
Honestly this won't be much of a game. The only way Texarkana stays in it is if LRC allowed them to. The only way Texarkana wins is if LRC plays the middle school team then again that might be a close game. .
YAWN!!

Hogman2018

Quote from: Central AR on November 10, 2018, 10:15:43 pm
They don't have any. They did have a D2 guard on the basketball team a year ago. Maybe that's relevant? 😂😂
Keep thinking that! Go back in your basement!

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on November 11, 2018, 06:41:21 am
So to be clear I have only seen one actual LRCA poster in this thread and that's me.  So don't come back and contribute trash talking to LRCA posters.  I expect us to win the game but I think it's a push game.  A lot depends on how many of our starting players are out for this game.  If we have three of our top guys out like we have the last few weeks this could be hard game to win.
I know your the only one and I respect your opinions! Least you know what your talking about! We will be even then because we have a couple of our best players out!

the voice

I had no idea AHS had so many D1 players on its current roster.  Not being sarcastic, just stating what I've read here , in 5a football two true D1 players usually gets you to the game.  Sounds like they have 4-7???? Is this true ?? Or just fans writing???  I've personally seen some very good high players this season but only one D1 back (huskey )

woopork

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2018, 09:51:05 am
I had no idea AHS had so many D1 players on its current roster.  Not being sarcastic, just stating what I've read here , in 5a football two true D1 players usually gets you to the game.  Sounds like they have 4-7???? Is this true ?? Or just fans writing???  I've personally seen some very good high players this season but only one D1 back (huskey )

And I don't think that even Husky has any offer at all but I could be wrong on that.

the voice

My sons team won nine games straight in 2016, they had no D1 players but three are playing D2 football on scholarship.

Overdahill

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2018, 09:51:05 am

Joe T can't get there in 4A with that many or more

the voice

Overdahill

incogneto

Quote from: Overdahill on November 11, 2018, 03:57:57 pm
Im talking about the last 5-6 years
Less with more is the motto.  They are just living up to the mascot. 

the voice

Hogman2018

Quote from: Overdahill on November 11, 2018, 03:54:09 pm
Joe T can't get there in 4A with that many or more
Ok im gonna straighten this out! The WR that tore his knee up has an offer from Tulane and a few more schools. Tha WR-Safety has been offered by Memphis and a couple other schools. Our RB now has been offered by Texas State and a couple other schools! So no we dont have any D-1 kids we reallly have dont have much talent! LRC will beat us like a drum!!

incogneto

Quote from: the voice on November 11, 2018, 04:35:20 pm
Ouch
Man I am just playing around.  I am still mad that Koilan Jackson and Nathan Page left Little Rock Christian and ended up there. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: incogneto on November 11, 2018, 04:43:57 pm
Man I am just playing around.  I am still mad that Koilan Jackson and Nathan Page left Little Rock Christian and ended up there.

I thought Jackson came from Parkview and Page was asked to leave LRC. Am I mistaken?

incogneto

November 11, 2018, 05:36:17 pm #26 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:41:07 pm by incogneto
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 11, 2018, 05:30:52 pm
I thought Jackson came from Parkview and Page was asked to leave LRC. Am I mistaken?
Jackson left LRCA for Parkview and Page left for Catholic both after Freshman year.  To be fair to them they left before Weaver's first year and that was when the culture started changing in the football program.  I don't know why Page left Catholic but he was not in trouble when he was at LRCA.  I had heard he had gotten into some trouble while at Catholic but I don't know the details.  They would both show up to LRCA games anytime there wasn't a conflict in the two schedules. 

Rocket23

Keith moved Kolian to Parkview because he wanted his son to graduate from Parkview like he did, and Keith was also helping out over there.  But before Bolding got there, it wasn't looking too good at Parkview.  Keith lived in the Joe T district, so it was an easy move.

Don't know anything on Page,  but rumors regarding behavior and attitude.  Incogneto just said above that was just heresay.

Maynard G Krebs

Yellowcake

Is Grant M back?
Who elsehas been missing for LRCA?

AHS06

The Hogs will have their hands full during this game.  We have a solid defense but we haven't faced an explosive offense to the caliber of LRCA since the beginning of the season.  With that being said we've had a defensive/special teams score(s) the last 8-9 games straight.  LRCA has struggled against the run and if that continues things could get interesting. 

Warrior fans welcome to Razorback Stadium!

WTD

Looking at Max Preps I noticed that Texarkana is loaded with seniors, any sophomores or juniors that stand out for Texarkana? I watched # 4 and #2 play last year, special players.

AHS06

November 12, 2018, 10:24:37 am #32 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:28:56 am by AHS06
Quote from: WTD on November 12, 2018, 09:55:53 am
Looking at Max Preps I noticed that Texarkana is loaded with seniors, any sophomores or juniors that stand out for Texarkana? I watched # 4 and #2 play last year, special players.
We are loaded with Seniors this year on both sides of the ball.  The Hogs lost #2 during the McClellan game out for the season and #4 is flying under the radar.  We also have several athletic underclassmen that will hit the weight room during the off season.

BTW that roster on MaxPreps is not the complete Razorback football team.

WTD

Quote from: AHS06 on November 12, 2018, 10:24:37 am
We are loaded with Seniors this year on both sides of the ball.  The Hogs lost #2 during the McClellan game out for the season and #4 is flying under the radar.  We also have several athletic underclassmen that will hit the weight room during the off season.

BTW that roster on MaxPreps is not the complete Razorback football team.

Hate to hear that! I watched Texarkana at Marion last year, both players stood out! Very fast!

cassperr

Quote from: WTD on November 12, 2018, 10:43:14 am
Hate to hear that! I watched Texarkana at Marion last year, both players stood out! Very fast!

We also have a transfer JR that come here from Ashdown that can sling the ball a lot. We do lose several starters but the run game should still be potent. Defense will take the biggest hit as we will lose most of our playmakers there.

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 11, 2018, 10:32:46 pm
Is Grant M back?
Mack is back, Drake Bradley, Cory Platt, Jack Mabrey, Chris Hightower, Matthew Bennett are all kids that have missed time recently. 

Texarkana_Piggie

anyone need directions to the stadium or dinner suggestions?

LRCAdad

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 12, 2018, 04:13:22 pm

I'll take some dinner suggestions.  I heard there is a really good Mexican place, but I will take any recommendations.  Hope to get in town early enough to eat pre-game.  Thanks for the offer.  Looking forward to a good game.

rzrbackfan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 09, 2018, 09:45:53 pm
I watched some of the LRC game tonight.  They looked very good.

I haven't seen Texarkana play this year but they obviously have a good team.  Both of these teams have been top 5 most of the year.

I'm going with LRC to win this one primarily because of the injuries to the Hogs' top players.

Texarkana is a really good team.  This is going to be a great game!!

Rocket23

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 11, 2018, 10:32:46 pm
Is Grant M back?

Yes, Grant McElmurry should be good to go for Texarkana.  He strained an Achilles in practice the week of the Maumelle game, sat that game out and returned for Beebe.  It is a nagging injury that nothing but rest can help.  Marbry returned at LB last week after getting a concussion vs Maumelle.  Drake could have played last week, but they held him out and he was injured during a chop block vs Beebe.    Cory Platt, RB/LB, is only question mark.  He suffered a hand injury vs PA and hasn't played since.  He will be a big addition if he returns this Friday.  Of course how good of football shape he is in is a big question mark.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 12, 2018, 04:13:22 pm
we have several!  if you like more authentic type try los ruvalcabas on state line next to popeye's chicken.  it is a small, locally owned place that is good.  not tex-mex.  the one you are probably talking about is zapatas downtown.  it is good but will be very busy.  may not have time to get in and out of there.  on state line exit there is Naaman's bbq.  it is a local place and very good.  down state line is all the regular chain stuff.  on texas blvd is 30 burger.  very good, different burgers.  it is just off state line.  if you take the jefferson exit, there is sum burger, olde time burger shoppe.  when you get to the jefferson/arkansas blvd intersection, if you turn back to the east, there is sonic, big jakes bbq, and chicken express.  those are the ones closest to the stadium

Yellowcake

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 13, 2018, 05:50:27 pm
Yes, Grant McElmurry should be good to go for Texarkana.  He strained an Achilles in practice the week of the Maumelle game, sat that game out and returned for Beebe.  It is a nagging injury that nothing but rest can help.  Marbry returned at LB last week after getting a concussion vs Maumelle.  Drake could have played last week, but they held him out and he was injured during a chop block vs Beebe.    Cory Platt, RB/LB, is only question mark.  He suffered a hand injury vs PA and hasn't played since.  He will be a big addition if he returns this Friday.  Of course how good of football shape he is in is a big question mark.

Thx R. I will see his dad at Bible study bright and early tomorrow and get caught up there, too.

Hogman2018

Quote from: cassperr on November 12, 2018, 03:16:52 pm
We also have a transfer JR that come here from Ashdown that can sling the ball a lot. We do lose several starters but the run game should still be potent. Defense will take the biggest hit as we will lose most of our playmakers there.
He is a sophomore!

LRCAdad

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 13, 2018, 09:06:17 pm
we have several!  if you like more authentic type try los ruvalcabas on state line next to popeye's chicken.  it is a small, locally owned place that is good.  not tex-mex.  the one you are probably talking about is zapatas downtown.  it is good but will be very busy.  may not have time to get in and out of there.  on state line exit there is Naaman's bbq.  it is a local place and very good.  down state line is all the regular chain stuff.  on texas blvd is 30 burger.  very good, different burgers.  it is just off state line.  if you take the jefferson exit, there is sum burger, olde time burger shoppe.  when you get to the jefferson/arkansas blvd intersection, if you turn back to the east, there is sonic, big jakes bbq, and chicken express.  those are the ones closest to the stadium

Thanks Piggie for the recommendations.  I'd rather not hit fast food, but I guess it depends on what time we get on the road.  Can't wait to see the stadium.  Did I see you got a new video board recently?  Good luck to both teams (Just a little more for LRCA).  Go Warriors!

Youngsta71701

Hmmm, I'm confused. I thought you guys were the ones that's unbeatable? ???

Overdahill

LRCA may very well score 50; but, can they hold Texarkana to less than 50 ???

Rocket23

I highly recommend Naamans BBQ.  It is in a refurbished gas station I believe.  Just ate lunch there the other day.  Big Jake's is good as well.

Piggie, what is the burger place downtown?  The Box?  Best greasiest burgers around.  Is it open in the evenings?

AHS06

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 14, 2018, 11:28:25 am
I highly recommend Naamans BBQ.  It is in a refurbished gas station I believe.  Just ate lunch there the other day.  Big Jake's is good as well.

Piggie, what is the burger place downtown?  The Box?  Best greasiest burgers around.  Is it open in the evenings?
TLC Burger but they're closed during the evening.

When coming I-30 West from Little Rock the GPS will route you to the I-549 bypass.  Continue West on I-30 into the city and take the Jefferson or Stateline exit. 

Zapatas or Naaman's would be my preference.  There are lots of options in Texarkana

Hogman2018

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 14, 2018, 08:57:10 am
Hmmm, I'm confused. I thought you guys were the ones that's unbeatable? ???
I guess you are confused we never said we are unbeatable! Show me where that was said. We just knew CF wouldnt beat us !! Where is CF playing this week?

Hogman2018

Quote from: Overdahill on November 14, 2018, 09:03:23 am
LRCA may very well score 50; but, can they hold Texarkana to less than 50 ???
I promise you LRC will not score 50 on our defense! LRC is pretty good on offense but have not seen speed like Texarkana has on defense! SPEED kills

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas