• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 suprise team

Started by Hornet4ever, May 17, 2016, 01:59:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Who is going to suprise people this season. There is usually one or two teams who comes out and shows out. That's not expected. Predictions?

Ventman

I think PW could be good this year. They always have a good jr high team. It's going to come together for them one of these days.

bigworm

mountainburg finishes in top 8

mr.gametime

Augusta started mostly sophomores last year...wouldnt be suprised if they made some noise this year in the 6 and made the playoffs

Ventman

Quote from: bigworm on May 17, 2016, 08:19:08 am
I like a man with confidence. I saw them play England last year. They had I nice squad.

BrianfromCarlisle

I'm going with the Bison again here.  The upperclassmen are fully supportive of sophomore QB Braiden Jenkins.  They should have some good size upfront and will finally utilize more of the weapons they have had the entire time. 

Looking up on the Grand Prairie

bigworm

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on May 17, 2016, 12:56:39 pm
I'm going with the Bison again here.  The upperclassmen are fully supportive of sophomore QB Braiden Jenkins.  They should have some good size upfront and will finally utilize more of the weapons they have had the entire time. 

Looking up on the Grand Prairie

are the bizen still in that flexbone?

heavyhittaz_7

Hermits will be decent this year. New head coach chase Ellis has come in and layed down the law and the players like him and have been working super hard this off season and spring ball.

big E

Quote from: Ventman on May 17, 2016, 06:49:40 am
I think PW could be good this year. They always have a good jr high team. It's going to come together for them one of these days.
PW will win 3 games. Maybe anybody that knows Sartin offence has no problem stopping run right counter left.

BrianfromCarlisle

Ventman

Quote from: big E on May 17, 2016, 08:33:57 pm
PW will win 3 games. Maybe anybody that knows Sartin offence has no problem stopping run right counter left.
Dang big E surely they will win more than three

big E

Quote from: Ventman on May 17, 2016, 09:55:23 pm
Dang big E surely they will win more than three
Two best defensive players are out of the program and going to Lee Academy. No spring ball to speak of , offensive line is not very strong. Defence is worse than that and the head coach isn't smart enough to figure out that he's not strong enough up front or at fullback to run the I formation. If you keep putting kids in position to fail they will keep failing. Sometimes you gotta be smart enough to breathe.

Ventman

Quote from: big E on May 20, 2016, 05:44:34 am
Two best defensive players are out of the program and going to Lee Academy. No spring ball to speak of , offensive line is not very strong. Defence is worse than that and the head coach isn't smart enough to figure out that he's not strong enough up front or at fullback to run the I formation. If you keep putting kids in position to fail they will keep failing. Sometimes you gotta be smart enough to breathe.
I just figured with the success PW has had in their Jr high that they may get a good highschool squad at some point. At least the baseball is great in PW.

big E

Yeah we can't wait until spring around here.

Monsta

i think bearden will show up and out this season

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Monsta on May 20, 2016, 11:56:23 am
This is a joke right?

stuck in between

Quote from: unbiased_fan on May 17, 2016, 12:12:04 pm
With Mark King's track record of having very successful year 1's, I wouldn't be surprised if Foreman surprises some people.
=

+1

beach bum

Quote from: bigworm on May 17, 2016, 08:19:08 am

Losing the RB will hurt them but they have other good players that will step in and they will just re-tool the offense to suit the players they have. Their coach has never been a guy to stick to one system. He adapts to his roster and they will be a good team again. I see them winning a playoff game and two isn't out of the question with a good playoff draw. I think it all depends on if they can finish ahead of Hackett and Lavaca in the conference. It will be a log jam between those three in the 4-2A. That conference will have a little depth actually including Danville who has tons of potential.

Monsta

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on May 20, 2016, 12:22:04 pm
This is a joke right?
that's not a joke... Watch what I tell you bearded if going to take over till Jc moves back down the 2018-2019 school year

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Monsta on May 20, 2016, 10:04:56 pm
that's not a joke... Watch what I tell you bearded if going to take over till Jc moves back down the 2018-2019 school year
Believe me, I like all the kids, but I don't see anything changing from last year to this year.

Proud Buckaroo

You really should pursue a career as a comedian. 

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 22, 2016, 01:28:26 pm
You really should pursue a career as a comedian.

I guess I just haven't paid much attention. Is Bearden just really young? Coaching change? What happened? I know some schools go through cycles.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Hornet4ever on May 22, 2016, 09:21:46 pm
I guess I just haven't paid much attention. Is Bearden just really young? Coaching change? What happened? I know some schools go through cycles.
They are young. Only lost 8 players (7 seniors, 1 sophomore moved) from this past season. The lack of talent has finally caught up with Bearden. I see them maybe winning 1 to 2 games this year. Its going to be a while before they get back to what they once were.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: unbiased_fan on May 23, 2016, 03:21:52 pm
Bearden should be much improved. At any given time last year they were playing 7 to 8 sophomores.  They don't have much help coming from Jr high but that sophomore class ought to be competitive the next two years.  Maybe not 12 win competitive but certainly better than 1 or 2 wins.
Besides Woodlawn and maybe Hampton, who are they going to beat? Probably will start the season 0-4, can't stop the running back from PC, can't stop Thomas from Hermitage, not going to beat HG. That only leaves Strong.

Wildcatalumni21

You'll get your answer very early in the season!! You get to go up against one of the top 3 teams in the state week 2 on the road in a very good football atmosphere! That'll tell you if they can compete and handle a tough enviroment!

Lumberjackfan1978

Didn't know Bearden had fallen down that far

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on May 24, 2016, 07:37:25 pm
You'll get your answer very early in the season!! You get to go up against one of the top 3 teams in the state week 2 on the road in a very good football atmosphere! That'll tell you if they can compete and handle a tough enviroment!

Bearden won't beat Hector. Very few teams will be able to beat Hector this season.....

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Hornet4ever on May 25, 2016, 12:25:04 am
Bearden won't beat Hector. Very few teams will be able to beat Hector this season.....
Agreed.

Ventman

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on May 25, 2016, 06:24:50 am
Agreed.
England will give them a good run for their money I bet.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on May 25, 2016, 09:46:47 am
England will give them a good run for their money I bet.

Yes they will

bear for life

Come on the bears will be just fine only last year if we had some real linemen to block since you haten

mr.gametime

Quote from: bear for life on May 26, 2016, 04:46:19 pm
Come on the bears will be just fine only last year if we had some real linemen to block since you haten

But yall had 1 of the best lineman in the state and the best lineman in class 2A.  Who signed to play with a D1 college... on your team last year

BlueBrother

Quote from: stuck in between on May 20, 2016, 12:34:44 pm
=

+1

Foreman has some good athletes returning and definitely have the potential to win a lot of games. I have heard rumors that some of those athletes are transferring to Horatio. Don't know if that is true or if it will have an impact on Gators.

Hornet4ever

May 27, 2016, 12:07:04 am #33 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:13:29 am by Hornet4ever
Quote from: Hornet4ever on May 25, 2016, 01:13:25 pm
Yes they will

That will be an excellent game

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bear for life on May 26, 2016, 04:46:19 pm

😂😂

bigcat72

My pick is Danville. Good players and excellent coach.

mtindian42

Danville is a heavy favorite!!!

Us Indians on the other hand is underdogs...

Backwoods Bart

May 27, 2016, 07:38:49 pm #37 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:03:14 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: mr.gametime on May 26, 2016, 09:19:34 pm
But yall had 1 of the best lineman in the state and the best lineman in class 2A.  Who signed to play with a D1 college... on your team last year

1 all state lineman a team does not make!

bear for life

Man he not near the best linemen in state at all if it wasn't for his size he would not have but uam to play for he slow on his feet an lack strength

Backwoods Bart

May 28, 2016, 10:11:59 am #39 Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:15:54 am by Backwoods Bart
 ;D

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bear for life on May 28, 2016, 05:31:49 am
Man he not near the best linemen in state at all if it wasn't for his size he would not have but uam to play for he slow on his feet an lack strength

The 2A coaches voted him All State so your personal evaluation is meaningless.

Backwoods Bart

While your in in school suspension, probably be a good idea for you to get someone to work with you on your English and sentence structure.just sayin'

Hornet4ever

What

2aball

5:30 am is way too early to start your memorial day weekend drinking. Pace yourself man.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: 2aball on May 28, 2016, 12:32:19 pm
5:30 am is way too early to start your memorial day weekend drinking. Pace yourself man.

Haha

bear for life

Have u seen an Bearden game this past year smarty pants

Backwoods Bart

May 28, 2016, 01:57:47 pm #46 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:25:40 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: bear for life on May 28, 2016, 01:33:11 pm

Hey Einstein, do you think that the two 5 foot linemen   that the All State had to carry on his back last year had any factor in their offense? Oh yea, their back this year!

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: bear for life on May 28, 2016, 01:33:11 pm
Did you see a game last year?

Beardad

I don't know that Bearden has "fallen that far" or that they're going to be the same as last year.  They did lose only a handful of seniors, but one's headed to the D1 to plan on the O-line.  A bunch of young guys last year showed promise.

I don't forsee Bearden "Taking over 2A" with the absence of JC in 2016, and I certainly don't see them only winning 1 or 2 games.  It doesn't take much coaching to win 2 ballgames and they've got some good coaches down there. 

I'd say a playoff berth is not unreasonable to predict.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Beardad on May 31, 2016, 10:18:23 am
I don't know that Bearden has "fallen that far" or that they're going to be the same as last year.  They did lose only a handful of seniors, but one's headed to the D1 to plan on the O-line.  A bunch of young guys last year showed promise.

I don't forsee Bearden "Taking over 2A" with the absence of JC in 2016, and I certainly don't see them only winning 1 or 2 games.  It doesn't take much coaching to win 2 ballgames and they've got some good coaches down there. 

I'd say a playoff berth is not unreasonable to predict.
Is there a ledge I didn't see that they are hanging on too? Not much has changed from last year to this year. The coaches are a good group of guys, they just don't have a talented team as in years past. There isn't another Class of 2015 coming up anytime soon. It wouldn't be shocking if they were 0-7 when they play Hampton. They got JC, Hector, Gurdon, Rison (these 4 speak for themselves), Hermitage (can't stop Thomas), PC (can't stop Jackson), and HG. That leaves Hampton, Woodlawn (should win) and Strong. I love these kids to death, but its not going to be a pretty season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas