• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding Academy names Neil Evans new Head Coach

Started by Wildcatter, May 06, 2016, 07:29:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatter

May 06, 2016, 07:29:31 am Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:41:57 am by Wildcatter
Per @HootensARFball: https://twitter.com/HootensARFBall/status/727906592931328000

Follow Coach Evans on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/coachneilevans

Info from his hire at Foreman courtesy of http://littleriver247.com/2015/07/evans-hired-as-foreman-head-football-coach/:

Concerning his coaching philosophy, Evans said that consistency was important. "I believe in installing an offensive system," Evans said. "I believe that when you have a system, your players are most comfortable in executing and begin to identify with the culture that comes with that. I don't believe in plays for the sake of plays. Football has always been a line of scrimmage game and it's my goal to make the line of scrimmage a point of emphasis.

"I believe in making the game shrink and become small for the quarterback," Evans continued. "If that guy feels comfortable, then you have a high probability of getting out of that position what everyone wants-efficiency. We will be at our best when we can change formations without changing personnel."
Evans said his defensive philosophy would be one with multiple fronts.  "The way we play defense will be a direct reflection of the type of team we have," Evans said. "I think football is a game of effort and no where else is that expressed better than defense. I believe in multiple fronts with minimal "box"'adjustments.

"I believe in building every position with as much speed as possible," Evans continued. "In order for us to be successful, we have to have guys that are confident in their role and technically superior. That's only achieved through simplicity."

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on April 21, 2016, 01:18:03 pm
Didn't Foreman's head coach just go to Harding Academy to be assistant?  Maybe he falls into that job......

I rarely get this opportunity, so "I was right"!!!!!

Lions84

Jimbo Morphis

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Oldman on May 06, 2016, 02:00:42 pm
why?

I'm surprised this is the direction they went and stated such on another thread previously.

However, the guy built a strong program at Mobile Christian - playing in the public school league in Alabama...they have a private school league like that in Mississippi.  Record at Foreman is irrelevant - situations like that have proven to be bigger than coaches over time.

Still, I figured a number of coaches from outside the state would have been all-in on this job.  Some great football programs in the Church of Christ community across the south.

panther07

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on May 06, 2016, 02:10:52 pm
I'm surprised this is the direction they went and stated such on another thread previously.

However, the guy built a strong program at Mobile Christian - playing in the public school league in Alabama...they have a private school league like that in Mississippi.  Record at Foreman is irrelevant - situations like that have proven to be bigger than coaches over time.

Still, I figured a number of coaches from outside the state would have been all-in on this job.  Some great football programs in the Church of Christ community across the south.

Coach Mote wasn't exactly lighting teams up during his stint at Augusta, but he turned out okay.

The Ref

You would have to be a very bad football coach to not have success at HA.  They have everything you need to be successful.  Parents/community support, $ , access to HU staff/facilities, a rich history of success, lots of former college athletes send their kids there , so the gene pool is phenomenal, kids who are well disciplined & have a passion for the game & expect to win at everything they do.

The biggest challenge would be to keep your kids focused in the regular season & not looking ahead to the playoffs, because they're rarely challenged the 1st 10 weeks of the season.

Lions84

Jag-Class07

looking forward to see what he does at the line of attack.

tmycjy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas