• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A West

Started by brock, December 25, 2017, 09:59:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brock

Who are the favorites in this conference boys and girls? How are the Bentonville West teams doing this year?

TigerHawg

West is currently 8-1 overall

ozarkansas

Quote from: brock on December 25, 2017, 09:59:11 am
Who are the favorites in this conference boys and girls? How are the Bentonville West teams doing this year?
Bentonville West girls are 5-4. For the girls, defending state champ Fayetteville has to be considered the favorite in the 7A West in spite of losing all but two players with any real minutes from last year's squad. However, I expect it will be much closer this year with Springdale and Bentonville competing with Fayetteville for the 7A West title. Statewide, N. Little Rock is pretty clearly the best team.

brock

Sounds like the boys are very good and the girls are much improved. If I remember correctly they didn't win too many last year. It interest me to see how these new teams do early on after opening. I'm sure it's a great challenge being basically a brand new School and competing in that conference.

ozarkansas

Quote from: brock on December 26, 2017, 08:56:18 am
Sounds like the boys are very good and the girls are much improved. If I remember correctly they didn't win too many last year. It interest me to see how these new teams do early on after opening. I'm sure it's a great challenge being basically a brand new School and competing in that conference.
I only follow the girls teams so I can't comment on the boys teams but, yes, Bentonville West girls appear to be significantly improved from last year. The addition of Anna Kash, who played for the other Bentonville last year, certainly is one reason. She is a good player. So is Shania Wilson.

Neckred

How are Fayetteville girls looking?  I heard they were down but they still have Goforth?

4real

Quote from: Neckred on January 18, 2018, 01:44:57 pm
How are Fayetteville girls looking?  I heard they were down but they still have Goforth?
They graduated most the other good players.

ozarkansas

Quote from: 4real on January 18, 2018, 01:49:55 pm
They graduated most the other good players.

They also still have Jasmine Franklin who is very good (had a UA offer). She and Sasha Goforth are the only two players returning who played last year other than a few who got in during garbage time late in the games. So, yes, they lost almost everyone from a really deep squad last year. But they did add Coriah Beck who is pretty good too. They are 3-0 right now and I expect they will win the 7A West and could possibly get to the state championship game again but I do not think they are any match for North Little Rock because they have no depth this year. Speaking of NLR, it's a big surprise to me that Conway beat them the first go around. But I think NLR is clearly the best team in the state.

businesstron

For the Boys i think Harber (Even though Fayetteville beat them) is probably the favorite but it may be a log jam from 2-6.  Bentonville, Bentonville West, Van Buren, Heritage and Fayetteville can all play each other closely.  Fayetteville just beat Harber last week but they lost too Bentonville (whom Harber beat).   Springdale and Roger may be at the bottom but those schools aren't terrible.  Springdale caught Van Buren napping last week. 

Outside of Harber I think this is as even as I've seen the conference in a while.  Very Volatile and entertaining.    They'll have issue against the central come playoff time though.   

Neckred

Quote from: ozarkansas on January 18, 2018, 03:11:16 pm
They also still have Jasmine Franklin who is very good (had a UA offer). She and Sasha Goforth are the only two players returning who played last year other than a few who got in during garbage time late in the games. So, yes, they lost almost everyone from a really deep squad last year. But they did add Coriah Beck who is pretty good too. They are 3-0 right now and I expect they will win the 7A West and could possibly get to the state championship game again but I do not think they are any match for North Little Rock because they have no depth this year. Speaking of NLR, it's a big surprise to me that Conway beat them the first go around. But I think NLR is clearly the best team in the state.
Fort Smith Northside girls may be the team to beat eventually.  They have a few young girls getting better each game. 

4real

Quote from: ozarkansas on January 18, 2018, 03:11:16 pm
As far as Conway, they have talent to beat folks.  And the way they play is like going to the craps table, they can get hot and score a ton in a hurry.

4real

Fayetteville girls are a team that folks need to watch out for in February and March.  Good 10th graders and winning experience, and a couple of stars.
I expected VB girls to be playing better, but I wouldn't bet against them on the 2nd half of conference play.

How about the parity in that boys league?  Interesting.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas