• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores 10-21

Started by Catfish, October 21, 2016, 06:57:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Catfish

After 1 Girls

Concord 17

MVE 8

Catfish

Halftime Girls

Concord 28

MVE 25

bball2015

Wonderview Sr Girls defeats Jasper Sr Girls 44-34

Catfish

Final Girls

Concord 43

MVE 52

Catfish

After 1 Boys

Concord 13

MVE 16

PuddlePirate12

Heard Emerson was smoked down by Kirby @ Kirby. I think 75-36

Catfish

Halftime Boys

Concord 30

MVE 32

Tipton hit 3 at buzzer before the half.

bhartgen

Bay 48
Alpena 33
End of 2
Sr. Boys

bhartgen

Bay 74
Alpena 54
End of 3
Sr. Boys

Ballhearts

Shirley didn't play very well and still won might be a threat this year

BannerMountainMan

Shirley won 86-75 with their two best players on the bench with 4 fouls at the half

HorseFeathers

J.D.

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on October 21, 2016, 09:20:13 pm
Shirley didn't play very well and still won might be a threat this year

Sounds like Guy may have some work to do.

Ballhearts

Yeah Shirley was in foul trouble and had there best on bench a lot and still kept lead the entire game

Ridgerunner79

Shirley defense much better lot of guys can score

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 21, 2016, 08:36:00 pm
Heard Emerson was smoked down by Kirby @ Kirby. I think 75-36
don't know who it says more about. Emerson we knew wasn't the coach nix Emerson, but Emerson did have 2 starters in the guard position returning. Kirby wasn't having any of that early and set the tone with the 17-5 start with 3 to go in the first. Good game from Jeffers and the shooter from last year but weren't getting enough help. Kirby had possibly 15+ offensive rebounds tonight.

PuddlePirate12

I don't know anything about 1a this year. Haven't been keeping up but after hearing Bay lost McFadden Kirby is my favorite to win it. Of course this is October and really don't mean much.

BasketballFan8680

Yes Emerson got smoked. Jefferson Had About 25 Points Of The 36 if he doesn't get any help this will be a long season for Emerson

PuddlePirate12

It's gonna be a long season. Tavion will be missed. He was worth 40+ a game at the least

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on October 21, 2016, 10:52:10 pm
I don't know anything about 1a this year. Haven't been keeping up but after hearing Bay lost McFadden Kirby is my favorite to win it. Of course this is October and really don't mean much.
they looked to have doubled their speed on the defensive end. Will have to be a team that can shoot quick and go get a rebound and put it back quick. Couple of kirbys boys can get up.

redwolf99

I had planned on going down to the deer camp Friday night and going over to Kirby to catch their game vs Emerson but had truck trouble and didn't get to make it. One of my good buddies that has a nephew that plays for Kirby says that Kirby controlled Emerson the whole game and it was never even close. He said Emerson looked lazy and undisciplined. I am looking forward to catching a few Kirby games this season.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: redwolf99 on October 24, 2016, 09:08:18 am
I had planned on going down to the deer camp Friday night and going over to Kirby to catch their game vs Emerson but had truck trouble and didn't get to make it. One of my good buddies that has a nephew that plays for Kirby says that Kirby controlled Emerson the whole game and it was never even close. He said Emerson looked lazy and undisciplined. I am looking forward to catching a few Kirby games this season.
wouldn't say that. Just looked like they knew who could handle the ball (Jeffers) and who was just out on the court to help him and the shooters. Def can win some games. But have to play as a team and have a lot of work to do. IMO

OwlFan4

It's not how you play the first game of the season, but the last.  Kirby dominated start to finish, no doubt about it. Emerson will jell, it will take a few games.  Just like Auburn-Arkansas, their was not 30+ points difference in the 2 teams.  Jeff had 19, one other starter had 9, and the rest came from reserves at the end of the game.  Emerson couldn't hit any 3s, which they will have to do if they expect to win many games this year.  Emerson didn't rebound, especially on the offensive end.  Jeff could spin away from his defender, but 2 more were always waiting for him after the spin.  I think this game said more about Kirby than it did about Emerson.  Kirby is disciplined and deep.  When they hit their shots like they did Friday night, they will be a threat to anyone they play.  They will go deep in the state tourney if they stay healthy.  It's way too early to judge Emerson with so many new players having to take on bigger roles than last year.

Revel averaged 27 pts a game last year I'm told.  Emerson also lost their starting and backup post from last year.  They will have to be replaced by committee. Kirby goes to Emerson Halloween night, let's see then if Emerson has made any progress in the next week or so.

redwolf99

I agree its not all about how you start the season rather than how you finish . Although I have only seen Emerson play a few games in March last year I could tell the majority of the team was disciplined. #30 was the only one both games I watched last year that seemed to be a little hard headed. When you loose Revels, and 2 big bodies in the middle you are going to hurt some for sure and not to mention Coach Nix that  created a good name for himself and his program not only in Emerson but from people all over.
I'm sure things will mesh together for the Pirates soon and they will be back on top. Good Luck

smackdat014

October 25, 2016, 02:29:09 pm #24 Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:31:38 pm by smackdat014
Quote from: OwlFan4 on October 25, 2016, 12:50:13 pm
It's not how you play the first game of the season, but the last.  Kirby dominated start to finish, no doubt about it. Emerson will jell, it will take a few games.  Just like Auburn-Arkansas, their was not 30+ points difference in the 2 teams.  Jeff had 19, one other starter had 9, and the rest came from reserves at the end of the game.  Emerson couldn't hit any 3s, which they will have to do if they expect to win many games this year.  Emerson didn't rebound, especially on the offensive end.  Jeff could spin away from his defender, but 2 more were always waiting for him after the spin.  I think this game said more about Kirby than it did about Emerson.  Kirby is disciplined and deep.  When they hit their shots like they did Friday night, they will be a threat to anyone they play.  They will go deep in the state tourney if they stay healthy.  It's way too early to judge Emerson with so many new players having to take on bigger roles than last year.

Big difference from last years team. Revels could score 30+ a game, 10+ rebounds a game, but also had a great coach that knew how to transition and work with the talent he was given. There were a many of games I attended and saw Emerson win when they were defientely out talented.. To be honest Emerosn only had 2 good players on their teams with the exception of #40 that got hot from the 3 point line time to time...  Notice one of the key players that always came in off the bench and worked his butt off  last year, didn't even touch the floor against Kirby. They are playing a totally different kinda ball then previous years. Also i believe it was you owlfan that posted a little while back how Emerosn was not  use to having to run and how Southernland was going to have them in better condition then Nix did. Pretty sure my eyes saw different Friday night.
Good Luck in track

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas