• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Class A Gym for the State Tournament.

Started by ballmember, September 19, 2016, 02:02:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

I think if Class A teams are to play in the state tournament then they should play in a Class A gymnasium.  It should be the best gym in class A.       I vote for Greers Ferry Westside as being the best .   Also, plenty of lodging and food nearby.  Plus a great area.       Any other class A gyms to recommend???

Backboard Shattered

Anywhere it says Boss above the arena and got the best ever statue.  Boom best arena in 1A to go with all the others that we are best at.  Best coaches,  best young coaches now,  best team ever in boys and girls,  best lake,  best janitor,  best sonic.  I could possibly do this for days!  I agree WSGF

bluegrassboy75

In Northeast Arkanssas, Rector coming down to Class A would be a good choice as far as facilities go.  Only thing I'm not too sure about would be parking.  In North Central Arkansas, if Omaha ever wanted to host, they have a good facility IMHO. 

Now, I do like it when the host is either a college or from another classification.  That way no one gets a home court advantage, but I'm in the minority here (and I know it) plus most places will not want to put in the man hours to host and not get any financial rewards.

HorseFeathers

Don't know if Alpena's gym is large enough, but from the pictures I've seen it looks nice...Plus Harrison isn't that far away, so should have lodging etc...

ErnestTBass

Westside by far for two obvious reasons besides all the other good reasons is 1) it ain't in flatlander territory2) cleanest facility around as Woodrow takes much pride in his duties gym and buses and boy don't even get me started on that 3) it would give the Bay people a real experience to play in a shrine type environment and higher seed facility 4) me and Eagle Mom wouldn't have far travel back to my nest if you know what I mean 5) it ain't in northeast Arkansas mosquito territory 6) Boss> than all others! So add that up and you get Brady-Hipp arena BOOM! Good thread Horseman

Eagle_Mom_2

September 19, 2016, 09:42:19 pm #5 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:55:18 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

Ice Water

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Ice Water on September 19, 2016, 11:04:35 pm
Deer.

This one made me laugh out loud!!!!  Mt. Judea's new gym could hold it, but I don't see them bidding....LOL

Googlymoogly

Actually none of the Class 1A gym in Arkansas is big enough to host the state tournament. They are all just too small. I've been going to these things for years and years and these gyms are always overcrowded, some fans getting to the gym when it opens and sitting there all day and not allowing other teams' fans that play a later game a chance to get in there to watch their team(s) play. This seems to be a problem in 1A and 3A, more than any other classification.

But if we just HAD to play at a Class 1A gym then it probably should be Westside Greers Ferry

Backboard Shattered

Eagle_Mom_2

If I see this Backboard feller in person, gonna give him an ole country Gurl suhhhhhlappp! About tired of him running our Eaglez down.

Backboard Shattered

Eagle Mom I'm sure you have seen me multiple times I sweep the court at halftime of every eagles home game!  I'm the one signing atugrafs afterwards with all the hot girls around me.  Usually eating fried chicken fingers from sonic.  Have an above avg mullet!  I scream non stop at the refs!  I always wear the shirt that says If you didn't play in 1983 you ain't the best!  Sometimes I wear the mascot

ErnestTBass

Watch your step there Backboard Shattered!! She's mine all mine!! Quit pelvic poppin and showin off your sidestraddelin moves

Eagle_Mom_2

Backboard, you'll no me two. I am the lady with long legs and muscular forearms from years of churning butter and washing clothes in the crick.

Eagle_Mom_2

ErnestTBass

Gotta keep them flower sack dresses I like so much sweeeet smellin! Love it when a woman makes a good mess of butter!

ballmember

Remember state tourney in Westside Gym a few years back and it was never a problem.  Crowd was fine. 

Backboard Shattered

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on September 19, 2016, 04:01:25 pm
In Northeast Arkanssas, Rector coming down to Class A would be a good choice as far as facilities go.  Only thing I'm not too sure about would be parking.  In North Central Arkansas, if Omaha ever wanted to host, they have a good facility IMHO. 

Now, I do like it when the host is either a college or from another classification.  That way no one gets a home court advantage, but I'm in the minority here (and I know it) plus most places will not want to put in the man hours to host and not get any financial rewards.

I am from Rector, I might be a bit biased, but it has to be one if not the best 1A gym in the state. I know it is not even close to being centrally located, however, it would be awesome to get.

Obviously, you have to seriously make a bid for it, something Rector has lacked with being in 2A. I would be highly disappointed if we did not host a regional or state tournament this year. Only one regional tournament since the gym opened in 2006.

J.D.

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on October 19, 2016, 12:59:21 pm
I am from Rector, I might be a bit biased, but it has to be one if not the best 1A gym in the state. I know it is not even close to being centrally located, however, it would be awesome to get.

Obviously, you have to seriously make a bid for it, something Rector has lacked with being in 2A. I would be highly disappointed if we did not host a regional or state tournament this year. Only one regional tournament since the gym opened in 2006.

This.  Other 'qualifications' don't matter that much obviously.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on October 19, 2016, 07:00:42 pm
This.  Other 'qualifications' don't matter that much obviously.

Looking at the pictures of Rector's gym online....I would make the drive to Missouri to watch 1A state at Rector...and not get there at Daylight to get a seat either...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas