• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley have anyone good this year most graduate last year right?

Started by Ballhearts, September 15, 2016, 09:35:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Central Ark

Backboard Shattered

I often wonder how basketball would be in high school if everyone played with their own talent and didn't use other schools kids.  If I remember correct that MVE team was all from there.  Prob be more fun to watch if coaches did it the right way

ErnestTBass

Backboard Shattered

I agree Ernest.  Most of them do!  The few that don't get very little respect.  We could coach with move ins and win every year

Catfish

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on September 29, 2016, 08:26:26 am
I often wonder how basketball would be in high school if everyone played with their own talent and didn't use other schools kids.  If I remember correct that MVE team was all from there.  Prob be more fun to watch if coaches did it the right way

They were! And they could all hoop. My 9th grade year i moved up to play on the Sr. High team during post season and that MVE team beat us 40 in the first round of state... lol

Central Ark

Blueway

Central Ark

Quote from: Blueway on September 30, 2016, 02:19:56 pm
No the kid is homegrown. Moved away for 1 year then came back. All from the town and hard workers
Wrong

Backboard Shattered

I know what's wrong!  Coaches that can't win without moving in talent year after year!  Hyroken

ErnestTBass

The truth goes Boom like pop goes the weasel when the weasel goes pop! Backboard Shattered right on time once again

Blueway

ErnestTBass

The real and only question  does Benny Brown and Summer Barnes have the Real Blue team whipped into shape

Bristol

Rusher was from vilonia, back up guard lived in guy, and combs was darn close if not I. Rose bud

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bristol on October 01, 2016, 06:30:59 pm
Rusher was from vilonia, back up guard lived in guy, and combs was darn close if not I. Rose bud

Often wondered if rusher was from vilonia due to that auto body shop(car lot?) In between the light for highwa y 36 and vilonia haha

Central Ark

Back up PG that lived in Guy went to MVE his whole life except one year when he went to Greenbrier. His family is from MVE. Combs lived in Romance (MVE school district). Rusher transferred in his 9th grade year, sat out, and played 10-12.

Bristol

hat I'm saying is. With all the districts so close together kids can go where they want. A mve kid can go to vilonia or greenbrier or conway or guy or Quitman  or bebee or rose bud. Same with a kid that lives around jonesboro. Quit saying your kids are homegrown and somebody else cheats.

Bristol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bristol on October 01, 2016, 06:56:22 pm
hat I'm saying is. With all the districts so close together kids can go where they want. A mve kid can go to vilonia or greenbrier or conway or guy or Quitman  or bebee or rose bud. Same with a kid that lives around jonesboro. Quit saying your kids are homegrown and somebody else cheats.

I'm from Hector....until last year I would have said if we're cheating we need to put more money Into it

Backboard Shattered

When you rely on move ins year after year instead of developing your own talent that is in your school it's pretty sad.  Shows who the real coaches are in the state

Central Ark

HorseFeathers

Central Ark

Backboard Shattered

The Boss is the Boss!  He once won sr high county tournament with 4 6th grade boys and 1 5th grade girl.  They were all hometown kids.  Boss didn't have rely on talent moving in every year to be competitive.  But then again Boss is the best ever

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 01, 2016, 09:08:14 pm
The Boss is the Boss!  He once won sr high county tournament with 4 6th grade boys and 1 5th grade girl.  They were all hometown kids.  Boss didn't have rely on talent moving in every year to be competitive.  But then again Boss is the best ever

Boss used Steriods and had multiple pairs of shoes that wanted to be like Mike..

not sure how obscure that movie reference is so...IMDB reference

Backboard Shattered

Central Ark

Bristol, is it safe to assume you live on Bristol or Bristol Cutoff road?

Central Ark

L
Quote from: Blueway on October 01, 2016, 11:38:11 am
Really? Bc I know that for a fact🙂 Moved to Conway in8th grade then came back

Lol we were talking about the 09 team and Rusher. Not this years team with Tipton. Learn to read

ErnestTBass

Backboard I think we might slowly be bringing HorseFeathers around to our way of thinking! I wonder if he might have snuck into Eaglefest and caught the Bosses dunk exhibition

Backboard Shattered

I'll check the video!  I think I saw him about the time I "Jammed in the Hole" but when I swam back to the ladder I lost him

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas