• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

73 days until tip off!!

Started by Real deal, August 04, 2016, 09:16:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Real deal

Counting down the days until tip-off of basketball season, I counted 73 this morning.  That will go by pretty fast!!  Hope everyone has had a great summer, Bay looking for a three-peat, murderous schedule ahead for them before tourney time, hoping it pays off again.  Good luck to everyone!! GO YELLOWJACKETS!!

Warhawkpa80

That's neet. I heard Wsgf is going to name the court King Brady court. Maybe have a mural of him and Hipp riding an eagle. I hope they get it done before season.

Backboard Shattered

Rumor is also statues of both.  For winning it in boys and girls.  Details soon on diff poses

Backboard Shattered

Real Deal that's some good methametrics adding up all those days kudos

ErnestTBass

Are you kidding me?? Only 73 days. Let me call Prim and Drasco high school and see if they can squeeze in a couple weeks of team camp before school starts. Once again call the Prim Superintendents office at 867-5309 secretaries name is Jenny. Ask her who you can turn to! For details that is

Backboard Shattered

August 04, 2016, 05:20:48 pm #5 Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:22:23 pm by Backboard Shattered
Methametician!  I'm gonna count down the days every single day and post them so we all know!

ErnestTBass

That's what makes Backboard so special to the success of the Greatest Bunch Ever. As The Boss would say he's the hub that turns the wheel and the rest of y'all are just lug nuts. I'm not sure what that meant. I think it had something to do with the bus ride home after we put supreme thrash type pelvic pop beat down on Concord Quitman Prim or Edgemont. Some of the boys would get their feelings hurt and slump down in the back but not me I'd be out in the aisle sayin Boss Best Ever

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I did notice the Jackets & Mustangs get to go at it again.  12-6  & 1-17    Always made for some good games.     

Oldref

BIC  didn't  have any choice but to play Bay this year girls and boys. That blended conference stuff starts this year. They would have played last year but BIC administration wouldn't allow it. They don't have a choice this year.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

old ref  ,  I think it was family thing . You agree?      Anyway good to be back on the schedule. 

Moonshiner

Just curious as to how long it will be before Bay starts football?  Real Deal?  Your numbers have to be close to 2A size right?  With all that athleticism you might just dominate 2A football as well.  Surely the community would support it.

ErnestTBass

Our school on the Great Lake wanted to start it but you know who said NO! Said if you can't shoot it we ain't playin it and we didn't and we won't!

ErnestTBass

Real deal

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 17, 2016, 09:55:10 am
Just curious as to how long it will be before Bay starts football?  Real Deal?  Your numbers have to be close to 2A size right?  With all that athleticism you might just dominate 2A football as well.  Surely the community would support it.

Numbers run between 570 and 590 over the past 15-20 years.  Football is nowhere on the radar, several rival schools in our area with 2-300 more kids that still haven't entertained starting football.  Until that happened I don't see it even being discussed, even if those schools did start it up, I still don't see it unless Bay approached having 900-1000 students.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but I feel pretty safe in saying its not close to happening. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: Real deal on August 17, 2016, 12:01:50 pm
Numbers run between 570 and 590 over the past 15-20 years.  Football is nowhere on the radar, several rival schools in our area with 2-300 more kids that still haven't entertained starting football.  Until that happened I don't see it even being discussed, even if those schools did start it up, I still don't see it unless Bay approached having 900-1000 students.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but I feel pretty safe in saying its not close to happening.

I've not looked, but is Bay one of the largest Class A schools?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 17, 2016, 01:43:50 pm
I've not looked, but is Bay one of the largest Class A schools?

Usually THE biggest 1a school every cycle.

ErnestTBass

Yeah they real deal good at building that enrollment back up every time it graduates out. Key enrollment is the key to it. See You gotta have a strategy in place when that enrollment drops!

Oldref

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on August 17, 2016, 08:43:27 am
old ref  ,  I think it was family thing . You agree?      Anyway good to be back on the schedule.

It was definitely the top man decision at BIC.......Family may have played a small part not the major reason in my opinion. Bay and BIC have always had great competition between the schools.....met in finals of many tournaments over the years. They had always settled it on the court until last year. Anyway..... it picks back up this year due to the blended conference. Bay has won the last three times they have played. Should be a couple of good games this year.......glad to see the kids get to play each other....they are all good friends.

Real deal

August 18, 2016, 10:47:40 am #18 Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:51:14 am by Real deal
Quote from: fann07 on August 17, 2016, 02:01:58 pm
Usually THE biggest 1a school every cycle.

No this is first cycle actually (16-18)    Since bay became class A.  8-10 2nd 10-12 4th 12-14 8th 14-16 2nd  But hey I understand.  On the bright side now some of you can take these numbers and turn them into a discussion about figuring out the combination to big birds safe, or how they are code for boss's salary at sonic or something like that.

ErnestTBass

Heresy I say!! Boss being mentioned by a flatlander!! He is prone to say flattery won't get a lower seed a better one!!

Backboard Shattered

How many days till tipoff?  I was just going to let everyone know I averaged more than you!

Backboard Shattered

yesteryearman

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on August 27, 2016, 12:36:25 pm
How many days till tipoff?

I'm thinking it will be about 197 days until Bay and Guy tip-off in Hot Springs, that is if they are in opposite sides of the bracket.

Backboard Shattered

I know one team that could beat them both

Backboard Shattered

How many days now till tipoff?

Real deal

Backboard Shattered

Thanks I can't wait.  Tried to count the days and I couldn't

Central Ark

Backboard are you talking about the Higden '38 crew

Backboard Shattered

Central Ark you are one smart dude!

HorseFeathers

Hearing that Wonderview has asked their district voters for a millage increase of 6+ mils....Plans include 12 million in campus renovations, and a 1200 seat gymnasium is to be included in those renovations...

Per 101.7 Radio out of Morrilton.

Backboard Shattered

Hey how many days till tipoff?

ErnestTBass

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on August 31, 2016, 06:23:47 pm
Hey how many days till tipoff?
Not enough days for me as The Greatest has asked me to do a halftime demonstration at the beginning of Greers Ferrys first home game. Will be demonstratating the opening tip play that the Boss used in the state finals. Cartwheels and sidestraddeling moves will be at no extra charge. I also hear Guys bench players have a new dance routine and I'm sure the killer bees will come up with something too!!

ErnestTBass

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 31, 2016, 05:51:43 pm
Hearing that Wonderview has asked their district voters for a millage increase of 6+ mils....Plans include 12 million in campus renovations, and a 1200 seat gymnasium is to be included in those renovations...

Per 101.7 Radio out of Morrilton.
Glad I live on the lake and not a landowner in Wonderville!! Them poor folks can't afford that!

ErnestTBass

Tomorrow is Friday y'all! How many days till tipoff? Practicing my halftime show

Real deal

Quote from: ErnestTBass on September 01, 2016, 09:20:08 pm
Tomorrow is Friday y'all! How many days till tipoff? Practicing my halftime show

45 not counting today

Backboard Shattered

I woke up and I can't help but wonder is it 44 days or 45 days!  I just can't keep track on the dadgum numbers.  How many days?

WPWells

That depends on your definition of a day

ErnestTBass

I know it takes me one whole day to get over and back to Andrews Bros! So is it 441/2 days I'm confused

Moonshiner

I think Earnest T and Backboard are either A) the same person, B) closely related, or C) kindred spirits

ErnestTBass

C Moonshiner!! Although they described my dad in not so flattering terms at times! But I don't think we are kin! Although Me and Backboard did double date with the Fun girls from Mount Pilot a few times

ErnestTBass

That one just came too easy LOL

Backboard Shattered

Boss would say Boom right about hear!

Backboard Shattered

How many days till tipoff?  I can't wait

Backboard Shattered

A day closer any methametric gurus out there?

ErnestTBass

Well if it takes me one day to ride my bike from Higden to Andrews Pharmacy/ Liquor store but only half a day to get back home cause it's downhill and the days are shorter in Bay because the farmers go to bed earlier before the skeeters come out and you divide by the number of ineligible players on Guys roster and multiply that by the number of coaches on Coach Bradley's bench then I figure we still got a few weeks left! Sound reasonable to anybody else?? Of course I gotta run these numbers by the Boss but I'm pretty sure I'm correct

Backboard Shattered

Run it by him but it def sounds right.  I tried to count down the days I really struggled after the number 10

WPWells

Backboard Shattered

I woke up this morning and thought Dadgum I hope Real Deal did the math today!  Can't wait for the number

ErnestTBass

Boss did not give his approval on my methametrical equation! He sent me off for a tutorial session with Woodrow who was a substitute math teacher back in 83 for a semester while Eagle Mom was suspended for we know not what. Anyways if you take an acorn that any blind hog could find kinda like Nemos girls run break it open and a Yellowjacket comes out and stings you more than 83 times and naught from naught equals naught you get the square root of John Hutchcrafts legitimate championships and divide that by the knots on my head for messing up the back seat of the school bus you get approximately the same number of days that Coach Bradley actually taught class this month!! See there ain't nothin to learning it with Woodrow whoppin on that head with that dang broom!!

ErnestTBass

But dang I'm ready for some hoops

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas