• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Job Openings 2016

Started by jrhall2, April 05, 2016, 04:59:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrhall2

Ok guys I know not every 1A school really advertises their openings. If anyone knows of any basketball or baseball positions coming open would you please let me know. I'm extremely motivated and dedicated to make and run my own great program. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you all have to offer. Thanks again and God Bless!!

BasketballFan8680

Emerson Coach Josh Nix Has Left And Went To Warren, So The Emerson Coaching Position Is Open.

jrhall2

Just applied. Thanks for the heads up

redwolf99

Emerson should have a good team next year but it will be tough to be the one replacing Coach Nix. He seems to be thought very highly of not only by Emerson people but from folks all over the state. Best of Luck to the Pirates and new Coach.

BasketballFan8680

Rumors has it that Jefferson is leaving with Nix to go to Warren. Is this true ?

PuddlePirate12

I would doubt it. Heck of a drive everyday and I can't see the Jeffersons moving. His father is a preacher and owns a local business. I wouldn't be suprised at all if he transfers to magnolia though. And he wouldn't even be able to play this year would he?

hawgfan15

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on April 18, 2016, 08:33:09 pm
Rumors has it that Jefferson is leaving with Nix to go to Warren. Is this true ?

LOL That is not happening. Bank on it

smackdat014

I can assure you this is just a rumor. If Jefferson were to leave it would not be to go to Warren.

basketballcoach15

I hear the job at Emerson is tied to math and possibly social studies.

PuddlePirate12

Nix taught math. He is glad to be doing PE at Warren lol

basketballcoach15

What is the word on the Emerson job? Has there been much interest in it? If so, any worthy candidates?

OwlFan4

Emerson introduced their new coach at their sports banquet last Friday night, Garret Southerland.  Southerland graduated from UCA in Dec. 2015.  He is a former all-state player at Abundant Life & played for 1 1/2 years at Williams Baptist.  He's been sub-teaching for Coach Jerry Bridges at Cabot pretty regularly since Cabot won state this year, his younger brother, Hunter, was MVP of the 7A championship this year.  He's had a chance to work with Cabot coaches during their team's off-season workouts.  He should be with Emerson for team camps.  Southerland is a basketball junkie, he taped all the championship games this year and was able to "scout" Emerson and make notes about returning players before his interview.  I believe Coach Nix was hired with no experience and led Emerson to 2 state finals in 2 years.

redwolf99

Good Luck to Coach Southerland but he has some big shoes to fill for sure

PuddlePirate12

Big shoes with a big toe cut off from last season lol

Bergman1820

Anyone heard anything on the Lead Hill girls job?

rammer

Southerland has big shoes to fill, but I think Emerson will love him. He has been active around Cabot and attended all of their games this past year supporting his brother. He was also the youth leader and music leader at Pleasant Hills Baptist Church. Has been a great role model and influence on a lot of kids in Cabot and they really love him. Great singer and musician and has sung in many churches in the central Ark. area. Pleasant Hills Baptist is really going to miss him.

ballmember

Rumor is that Southside Bee Branch Baseball/Basketball Coach open???   Also Lead Hill Sr girls???

Basketballfan13

The lead hill job has been filled. Not sure who it the hired, but I know it's filled.

OB11

Quote from: ballmember on May 20, 2016, 03:48:15 pm
Rumor is that Southside Bee Branch Baseball/Basketball Coach open???   Also Lead Hill Sr girls???

The baseball coach went to Greenbrier.

Backboard Shattered

I'll tell you one that's not open......Best Team Ever in 1A or B.  We got it soweded up.  '1983WSGF Crew

BigLion10

Backboard Shattered

Pink Floyd and Van Halen baby!  Boooom

jrhall2

Anyone heard about offers made or schools who have hired. Still a lot of openings this late in the game seems like.

not so slim shady

Heard that southside bee branch hasn't hired yet and that perryville recently posted an opening.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas