• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooties Lucky Number Week 13

Started by bleudog, November 24, 2014, 06:27:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Dragon I

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on November 24, 2014, 07:01:06 pm
I liked the JC write up!  LOL!
My Favorite part..........
An opposing coach says Junction City's second team would mercy-rule most 2A schools. Other opposing coaches say the Junction City freshmen will be more talented than its current class of seniors, which features multiple college prospects.

Dragon I

That's scary!  WR's coaches just shook their heads when they were told almost the entire defense in the 4th were freshmen.  They looked even more impressive against the Bearden starters last week.  Must have gotten the jitters out.

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on November 24, 2014, 07:17:28 pm
That's scary!  WR's coaches just shook their heads when they were told almost the entire defense in the 4th were freshmen.  They looked even more impressive against the Bearden starters last week.  Must have gotten the jitters out.
If they are better than this team that would be true. But I've never seen a team this good with this much speed.........

green-eagle

Okay i got a problem here!!! If JC does not beat DA by 45, will they place DA above bearden!!!

Also will it hurt JC ranking?!

GusBrown

The only way JC won't be number one is if they lose, and who cares about rankings once you're out?

green-eagle

Quote from: GusBrown on November 24, 2014, 07:58:16 pm
The only way JC won't be number one is if they lose, and who cares about rankings once you're out?

True with no doubt, but if JC us suppose ti win by 45 and they dont! Will anyone be disappointed!!!! Is what I am asking!!!!

bleudog

Quote from: green-eagle on November 24, 2014, 07:56:20 pm
Okay i got a problem here!!! If JC does not beat DA by 45, will they place DA above bearden!!!

Also will it hurt JC ranking?!

Applying the Gurdon Theorem from 2013 , it could mean the de facto state championship game might be played the day after Thanksgiving.  :)

GusBrown

but Des Arc isn't the 2nd best team in 2A. That would go to Hazen/Rison wiinner

green-eagle

How can Hector and Bearden still be listed in the top 10 when they didn't even make the final 8..... Hooty has lost it! But that why they sell maginzes !!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: green-eagle on November 24, 2014, 08:58:16 pm
How can Hector and Bearden still be listed in the top 10 when they didn't even make the final 8..... Hooty has lost it! But that why they sell maginzes !!!

If Hector and Bearden had played Conway Christian in the 2nd round they'd still be playing to...

green-eagle

Quote from: HF on November 24, 2014, 09:16:43 pm

If Hector and Bearden had played Conway Christian in the 2nd round they'd still be playing to...

But isn't that the luck of the draw? Maybe Bearden should learn a lesson or two from Star City on working the brackets....Star City came in fifth in their district and was still ranked six....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 24, 2014, 09:42:58 pm #13 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:50:28 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES

we will never know this to be fact. We will have a little better idea after the Hazen Rison game.

But if either would have played des arc, they would still be bouncing balls this week.

GusBrown

Hootens puts a lot more into their rankings besides what's happening in the now. That's why Bearden and Hector are still in the top 10.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GusBrown on November 24, 2014, 09:52:49 pm
Hootens puts a lot more into their rankings besides what's happening in the now. That's why Bearden and Hector are still in the top 10.

Beardens best win was hector, hectors best win was???? Not much weight for their arguments.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2014, 09:42:58 pm

we will never know this to be fact. We will have a little better idea after the Hazen Rison game.

But if either would have played des arc, they would still be bouncing balls this week.
We won't know about that, but I wouldn't of bet money on it........... Friday might shed some light on it........... ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2014, 10:01:49 pm

We won't know about that, but I wouldn't of bet money on it........... Friday might shed some light on it........... ;D

I would, des arc hasn't had a problem with Bearden in the playoffs. 😉

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2014, 10:35:40 pm

True but there's always a first time, the worm will turn....... ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2014, 10:39:44 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2014, 10:35:40 pm

True but there's always a first time, the worm will turn....... ;D

Maybe the worm turns this fri..... Naw nevermind.

02cat

Well I don't guess Rison should be in the Top 10 then. It took them all game to beat Hector. And if I do recall at least Hector scored against JC last year. Still got took out to the woodshed and beat but we can say we at least scored, something Des Arc didn't do.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 02cat on November 24, 2014, 10:45:42 pm
Well I don't guess Rison should be in the Top 10 then. It took them all game to beat Hector. And if I do recall at least Hector scored against JC last year. Still got took out to the woodshed and beat but we can say we at least scored, something Des Arc didn't do.

Hey we even held a lead for all of 8 seconds :D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Yes you did. I wish i had an explanation for why des arc failed to show up at all in title game.

02cat

Quote from: HF on November 24, 2014, 10:48:37 pm

Hey we even held a lead for all of 8 seconds :D
Yeah, then the beating commenced. I just don't understand why people want to hate on our team. I have never seen a Hector poster get on here and talk our team up or say we are going to totally destroy anyone. Yes we are in the weakest conference in 2a classification but that doesn't mean a hill of beans. We proved Friday night that we can hang with just about any football team in our classification. One less turnover and Hazen comes to Hector this Friday night. Love my Cats!!!!!!

2a_dog

I feel bad for players like Freeman who get no press or print.

cuz

Quote from: 2a_dog on November 24, 2014, 11:09:35 pm
I feel bad for players like Freeman who get no press or print.
Don't feel to bad, he's getting more than you know. He's a Junior 2nd in tackles behind Josh Armstrong and that says a lot.............
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3082278/matthew-freeman

FootballDude02

Let me say this being an old (All state/All-star/D1) linebacker myself. No shade or hating, promise. I'm not really impressed with this kid playing LB. He doesn't (in these highlights) have good hips, he makes tackle after 5-6 yard gains. Most of his tackles are assists. I saw a few good LB plays, but not much. And the first few offensive plays were holds. With him being a junior I'm sure there's room for growth, just don't impress me much. Again, just one mans opinion.

Dragon I

So, the second leading tackler for JC is making most of his tackles after 5 or 6 yard gains, but the first string hasn't been scored on since a busted play against Hermitage, and has only given up two scores against 2A teams all year?  Call me crazy, but I'll trust the recruiter's over you.  Even though you did give such a nice intro for yourself with all of those accolades. ::)

cav2012

Dragon I

I can assure you cav, you will know "especially upset" in a few weeks, if you win Friday.

FootballDude02

November 25, 2014, 02:11:17 pm #30 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:13:55 pm by FootballDude02
Quote from: Dragon I on November 25, 2014, 01:53:16 pm
So, the second leading tackler for JC is making most of his tackles after 5 or 6 yard gains, but the first string hasn't been scored on since a busted play against Hermitage, and has only given up two scores against 2A teams all year?  Call me crazy, but I'll trust the recruiter's over you.  Even though you did give such a nice intro for yourself with all of those accolades. ::)
Well sir, first let me say this, I'm judging based on the hudl film that was posted above. Anyone who watches can clearly see what I see. I didn't say ALL his tackles were down field, I said MOST. "First string not being scored on" has NOTHING to do with your "second leading tackler", that's all the team. And far as I see, he makes ALOT of assisted tackles. Oh yea, recruiters/scouts judge and evaluate off need and the system they run. Keep in mind also, I never said he wasn't good/decent. I clearly stated " 'I' wasn't impressed" ;D

jbtiger73

I played with him in high school, so I definitely can defend footballdude's opinion. but I don't doubt the JC player's ability as well. recruiters see what they want and have their own opinion. that's why most schools don't recruit very talented players like Dancy. because some recruiters don't think he's talented enough to play in the D1 level. does that mean they're stupid as well? everyone has their own way of evaluating and judging talent. just because one person says that that particular player isn't good enough, that doesn't mean that person doesn't think that player isn't any good. this goes on in recruiting every single year. and just because someone is a "certified recruiting" expert, doesn't mean they know more than someone else, even on this site. you've see the huge misses these recruiters have every year. it's like going to vegas. huge gamble.

Dragon I

All I inferred, was that someone that actually matters, is impressed.  If your second leading tackler was making most of his tackles after five or six yards, regardless if they are assisted, it would be putting your defense in bad positions. Not positions to have the best scoring defense in the state.  That's deductive reasoning.

FootballDude02

November 25, 2014, 02:55:44 pm #33 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:10:42 pm by FootballDude02
Quote from: Dragon I on November 25, 2014, 02:27:37 pm
All I inferred, was that someone that actually matters, is impressed.  If your second leading tackler was making most of his tackles after five or six yards, regardless if they are assisted, it would be putting your defense in bad positions. Not positions to have the best scoring defense in the state. That's deductive reasoning.
Well sir, here's "deductive reasoning" for you: I watched the highlight film (supposed best/good plays) that was presented, I evaluated based on what I know about being a LB (All State/All-Star/D1/CFL if I may add). I then realized most of the tackles on the presented film are assisted and are 5-6 yards down field, which I make a judgement to say he is "second leading tackler" because he makes so many assisted tackles (which are still statistical tackles).
Here's the kicker, you make argument based on inductive reasoning. You make the conclusion that the team hasn't been scored on because this young man is "second leading tackler", which is a very open premise (can't say it's not true, but can't be proved). Everything you are thinking/stating is based on personal bias. When it comes to personal statistics as it relates to a team you should try mathematic induction, which uses numbers (statitstics) to draw a conclusion. And this is not my opinion....that's fact.

green-eagle

Quote from: Dragon I on November 25, 2014, 02:01:41 pm
I can assure you cav, you will know "especially upset" in a few weeks, if you win Friday.

No he won't !

the dragons will be worn OUT, trying to prove Hooty right!........

cuz

Quote from: green-eagle on November 25, 2014, 03:06:58 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on November 25, 2014, 02:01:41 pm

No he won't !

the dragons will be worn OUT, trying to prove Hooty right!........
Oh and if Hazen ever makes it that far, we'll be rested and ready to give another lesson...

cuz

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 25, 2014, 02:55:44 pm
All I inferred, was that someone that actually matters, is impressed.  If your second leading tackler was making most of his tackles after five or six yards, regardless if they are assisted, it would be putting your defense in bad positions. Not positions to have the best scoring defense in the state. That's deductive reasoning.
Well sir, here's "deductive reasoning" for you: I watched the highlight film (supposed best/good plays) that was presented, I evaluated based on what I know about being a LB (All State/All-Star/D1/CFL if I may add). I then realized most of the tackles on the presented film are assisted and are 5-6 yards down field, which I make a judgement to say he is "second leading tackler" because he makes so many assisted tackles (which are still statistical tackles).
Here's the kicker, you make argument based on inductive reasoning. You make the conclusion that the team hasn't been scored on because this young man is "second leading tackler", which is a very open premise (can't say it's not true, but can't be proved). Everything you are thinking/stating is based on personal bias. When it comes to personal statistics as it relates to a team you should try mathematic induction, which uses numbers (statitstics) to draw a conclusion. And this is not my opinion....that's fact.
When I responded to the original post I was saying something positive about a young 16 year old boy and pointing out how two D-1 recruits were getting most the attention. I might add several years ago such comments were made about a young man Kevin Payne, well I'd list all his honors but he's a humble man and would get embarrassed, who played at the next level and in the NFL.  You are right about statistics they are looked at, the young man might of not lived up to your expectations but statistically he'll warrant a look at because of the number of tackles he's been in on assisted or solo. Dragon seen him every Friday night so his deduction is first hand not from a few highlight clips and though biased it appears he's not the only one.............. ;)

FootballDude02

Quote from: cuz on November 25, 2014, 03:34:01 pm
When I responded to the original post I was saying something positive about a young 16 year old boy and pointing out how two D-1 recruits were getting most the attention. I might add several years ago such comments were made about a young man Kevin Payne, well I'd list all his honors but he's a humble man and would get embarrassed, who played at the next level and in the NFL.  You are right about statistics they are looked at, the young man might of not lived up to your expectations but statistically he'll warrant a look at because of the number of tackles he's been in on assisted or solo. Dragon seen him every Friday night so his deduction is first hand not from a few highlight clips and though biased it appears he's not the only one.............. ;)
I totally understand, I promise ;) .....Not speaking against the original post and I did make mention that I understand he is just a junior and has time to improve. Oh, I know Kev personally. I know how things work. I will never say that he won't get looked at, and won't say he cant/won't get better, but one thing I can/do know is that when people make "highlight films", they use all the good plays and never the bad ones. And even though Dragon sees him every Friday night, with it being "bias" as you agree, it doesn't stand up as deduction. But the thing I stated Against was the induction that the team hasn't been scored on cuz the kid is "second leading tackler". That can't be proven. I never disagreed whether he was good or be good, but that too is epistemic uncertainty. No need to be bias for me lol, I just viewed what I was given. Give me a game film or two then I can make better judgement lol  ;)

cuz

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 25, 2014, 04:15:46 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 25, 2014, 03:34:01 pm
I totally understand, I promise ;) .....Not speaking against the original post and I did make mention that I understand he is just a junior and has time to improve. Oh, I know Kev personally. I know how things work. I will never say that he won't get looked at, and won't say he cant/won't get better, but one thing I can/do know is that when people make "highlight films", they use all the good plays and never the bad ones. And even though Dragon sees him every Friday night, with it being "bias" as you agree, it doesn't stand up as deduction. But the thing I stated Against was the induction that the team hasn't been scored on cuz the kid is "second leading tackler". That can't be proven. I never disagreed whether he was good or be good, but that too is epistemic uncertainty. No need to be bias for me lol, I just viewed what I was given. Give me a game film or two then I can make better judgement lol  ;)
Don't have any game film and I don't know if this the highlight film you watched, but it is a fairly long highlight film. I believe there is always room for improvement with any player. Being a junior I see him becoming a better player next year........
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3082278/highlights/93020378
This was titled The Headhunter.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas