• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison @ Hazen 3rd Round

Started by JrHighParent, November 21, 2014, 10:33:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Holiday

...and the wind wasn't at our backs. It was awful man. lol

echo5whiskey

November 24, 2014, 03:54:29 pm #51 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:05:15 pm by echo5whiskey
Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2014, 03:14:56 pm
Only thing I find a little curious about Hazen is they average 43.7 pts a game, a fairly high scoring team. Des Arc allows a average of 14.5 pts a game. If Hazen has such a high powered offense, they should of scored a lot more that 20 pts on a team allowing 14.5 pts. a game. Just a observation....
Probably because DA is the best coached, most well prepared team Hazen has played this season. Earl was probably most talented, but week one they weren't the team they probably are now. I think Hazen will take a 20-0 shutout anytime though. Coach Totty from Rison taught Coach Prescott from DA, so this should be a good one. Seen Hector/Rison film, Hazen will match up fine with Rison. Expect a great game.
I wouldn't expect this to be an especially high scoring game, will be won on the line of scrimmage and defense. They will both have to make every possession count, in the end if Hazen can play turnover free and minimize penalties they should be moving on to the semis.

green-eagle

Only thing I find a little curious about Hazen is they average 43.7 pts a game, a fairly high scoring team. Des Arc allows a average of 14.5 pts a game. If Hazen has such a high powered offense, they should of scored a lot more that 20 pts on a team allowing 14.5 pts. a game. Just a observation....

prior to the coin toss, Both coaches got together and discuss the future outcome of this game and it was determine that a 20 pt spread will work for both teams, thus leading to people wondering what the heck happen........ also Why didn't Hazen run the score up on poor ill equip Carlisle? 

Doc Holiday

Quote from: green-eagle on November 24, 2014, 04:07:04 pm

prior to the coin toss, Both coaches got together and discuss the future outcome of this game and it was determine that a 20 pt spread will work for both teams, thus leading to people wondering what the heck happen........ also Why didn't Hazen run the score up on poor ill equip Carlisle?

Same....that dang wind.

green-eagle

Quote from: Doc Holiday on November 24, 2014, 04:08:30 pm

Same....that dang wind.

if the coin would have landed on the edge, then it would have been an 32 point spread....??????

Doc Holiday

It actually did land on it's edge...but...but then the wind....knocked it over.

cuz

2014-10-10 Carlisle  W, 38 - 0 , that's just 5 pts off their average, nothing curious there.......... ;D

Quote from: Doc Holiday on November 24, 2014, 05:39:02 pm
It actually did land on it's edge...but...but then the wind....knocked it over.
Lord that's some powerful, predictable wind.......... ;D

DADDY KNOWS

cuz you seem to be awful worried about whats going on in 62a

cuz

Quote from: DADDY KNOWS on November 24, 2014, 07:04:19 pm
Well ol buddy the last I heard Rison was in the 8aa playing Hazen in the 6aa so I decided to stir the pot a little bit. Far as being worried about the 6aa there isn't a team in it that gives me cause..... ;)

DADDY KNOWS

i told you early this year were coming for you

Dragon I

Ventman

DADDY KNOWS

DADDY KNOWS

cuz

Doc Holiday

who-knew

Officals have to call a timeout in this one  to contact Entergy bc Hazen is lighting up score board

GusBrown

Quote from: who-knew on November 24, 2014, 08:03:12 pm
Officals have to call a timeout in this one  to contact Entergy bc Hazen is lighting up score board
No they don't, and no they won't.

bleudog

November 24, 2014, 08:21:24 pm #69 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:23:15 pm by bleudog
Quote from: DADDY KNOWS on November 24, 2014, 07:04:19 pm

I thought adding the 7A and 6A with 16 teams each was bad enough.  Has the AAA added 56 classifications so there are about three or four teams in each?  ;D

DADDY KNOWS

cuz we might be old duck hunting buddies if you ever hunted the hilton at peckerwood lake

DADDY KNOWS

bleudog is that all you got go home son you weak

bleudog

Quote from: DADDY KNOWS on November 24, 2014, 08:28:24 pm
bleudog is that all you got go home son you weak

You served it up.  Couldn't resist. ;D

Coach95

littleman

Man, what a match up . Tradition rich Rison and The 6AA Champs Hazen Hornets. I gotta go with the 6AA in this one, although I realize that Rison has started more hoop seasons than the Jimmy V. Classic.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: littleman on November 24, 2014, 08:59:54 pm
Man, what a match up . Tradition rich Rison and The 6AA Champs Hazen Hornets. I gotta go with the 6AA in this one, although I realize that Rison has started more hoop seasons than the Jimmy V. Classic.

I think Hazen playing des arc has them prepared for rison, seems to be a lot of similarities in the two.

cuz

Quote from: DADDY KNOWS on November 24, 2014, 08:21:55 pm
cuz we might be old duck hunting buddies if you ever hunted the hilton at peckerwood lake
Hunted it many a time with Mr. Jerry Carter, Steve Chudy, Bobby Perkins, Chuck Clayton and others........

stbg

Hazen didn't run up the score on Carlisle because the game was called due to lightening.

Hornet4ever

Rison struggled to beat Hector last week. If Hazen is as good as what these fans post on here I'll take Hazen by two touchdowns.  ;)

cuz

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 25, 2014, 02:28:47 am
Rison struggled to beat Hector last week. If Hazen is as good as what these fans post on here I'll take Hazen by two touchdowns.  ;)
I think a lot of teams would've struggled with Hector this year....... ;)

Fence Jockey

Cuz, you know, the math works out to be allmost perfect in this deal on the Hazen offence if you consider that the Hazen vs DA game was called because of weather right after halftime.

and in an earlier post someone mentioned the 2-0 game Rison had with Hazen years ago for the State Championship. It is a funny turn of events, alot of these men playing on this years Hazen team carry the same last name as did those that played in that game many years ago. Trust me, them Older ones are not letting the younger namesakes forget it either.

Old Scrapper

Hazen and Carlisle game was called due to weather not DA.

Fence Jockey

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 25, 2014, 09:00:02 am

O well, my mistake, guess if my memory if falling so bad I will just read & quit posting, but if that is the case maybe Cuz has got a valid point then, and maybe not for the best in Hazen's favor!

cuz

Quote from: Fence Jockey on November 25, 2014, 09:23:04 am
Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 25, 2014, 09:00:02 am

O well, my mistake, guess if my memory if falling so bad I will just read & quit posting, but if that is the case maybe Cuz has got a valid point then, and maybe not for the best in Hazen's favor!
Dang Fence Jockey, it's not much fun just reading, I get corrected all the time. That does pose a interesting question though doesn't it........ ;)

Outloud

Hazen va carlisle game was 38-0. Hazen starters didnt play very much at all in the second half!! They were on sidelines cheering on next years starters!! And the game was called shortly into the 4 th quarter!!

Doc Holiday

Now I don't want to start another one of them there arguments that is happening over there with McCrory guys and the Gurdon guys. lol

Want to start off by saying that McCrory is a very good team, and the McCrory-Hazen game made me more nervous than the Des Arc-Hazen game honestly. It seemed they had a big line and a heck of an athlete in oh-no-it's-rogo. Seemed they also had another speedy athletic Wr/rb, can't remember his name or number, 5 maybe?...anyways, since everybody is arguing on Rogo's speed, it reminds me of something....in that Hazen vs. McCrory game, I remember seeing 3 or 4(maybe 2 or 3) of our guys having to run Rogo down to stop a possible touchdown.

Not taking anything away from McCrory, or Des Arc by no means, but just trying to support the case of that strong team speed that Hazen has. Am I correct?

who-knew

Rogo got ran down from behind by number 7, an he's not the fastest kind on the team.

Old Scrapper

When is the last time Hazen and Rison played one another? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 25, 2014, 07:54:09 pm

PreFearlessFriday days....Didn't they meet in a championship back in the early 80's that had a final score of 2-0?

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 25, 2014, 07:56:34 pm

PreFearlessFriday days....Didn't they meet in a championship back in the early 80's that had a final score of 2-0?
Read this earlier........

Quote from: Fence Jockey on November 25, 2014, 08:53:59 am

Cuz, you know, the math works out to be allmost perfect in this deal on the Hazen offence if you consider that the Hazen vs DA game was called because of weather right after halftime.

and in an earlier post someone mentioned the 2-0 game Rison had with Hazen years ago for the State Championship. It is a funny turn of events, alot of these men playing on this years Hazen team carry the same last name as did those that played in that game many years ago. Trust me, them Older ones are not letting the younger namesakes forget it either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 25, 2014, 08:03:36 pm
Quote from: HF on November 25, 2014, 07:56:34 pm

Read this earlier........

Quote from: Fence Jockey on November 25, 2014, 08:53:59 am

That's what  I get for not reading the thread...

Old Scrapper

Yea, I started reading at the bottom part,  Thanks

Coach95

November 25, 2014, 08:48:55 pm #92 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:56:24 pm by Coach95
I played Rison in the second round of the playoffs back in 1994, 20 years ago and lost 15-0 at Rison..had a good running back by the name of Michael frye I believe....I have a kid on this years Hornet team...I believe that year Rison went onto face out conference champ Barton in the championship game..

bleudog

Quote from: Coach95 on November 25, 2014, 08:48:55 pm
I played Rison in the second round of the playoffs back in 1994, 20 years ago and lost 15-0 at Rison..had a good running back by the name of Michael frye I believe....I have a kid on this years Hornet team...I believe that year Rison went onto face out conference champ Barton in the championship game..

Yep.  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Coach95

ADG has yet all year to give Hazen any respect!!!

dragonpride27

Well..after seeing risons gutless outing against us im going w hazen by a ton...no o line, no defense and no good rbs...hazen has to win so our starters can at least play a full first quarter at war memorial...no sweat hazen...they have NO athletes. Then yall can whip c.c. and get your spanking in lr.!! Should have already been planning for us which ive heard u have!

Doc Holiday

Quote from: dragonpride27 on November 27, 2014, 05:54:52 pm
Well..after seeing risons gutless outing against us im going w hazen by a ton...no o line, no defense and no good rbs...hazen has to win so our starters can at least play a full first quarter at war memorial...no sweat hazen...they have NO athletes. Then yall can whip c.c. and get your spanking in lr.!! Should have already been planning for us which ive heard u have!

;D

Donnie Jamon

cav2012

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas