• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who has a chance to beat JC

Started by bloodsweattears33, November 17, 2014, 11:44:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodsweattears33

Dragon I

Lions84

Old Scrapper

I'm glad you started this, it was getting boring without a JC discussion! :)

godgiven999

nightowl

If Bearden can't. Earle will I promise you that

Rida4Life

No Earle won't.  Plenty of decent athletes but they won't be able to handle JC at the Line of Scrimmage and while Earle has "good" speed, JC has "ELITE" speed.  If you thought Jackson from PC had some wheels, you ain't seen nothin yet.  Wait til you see Dancy on the edge or Armstrong on the Jet sweep......

cuz

mtindian42

WPWells

CathywithaC

Everybody they play has a chance---not a very good one, but a chance.

big E

Can't believe that we are discussing this the realquestion should be at what point in the first half will teams realize the fat lady is singing.

Dragon I

I think there are 3 or 4 that can make it through the first and still think they have a chance.  Earle, Gurdon, Rison and an outside hope of Hazen. 

mcnewfamily

if I'm not mistaken hazen handed earle.  hazen is the only hope and that's not going to happen. maybe if you combined hazen, earle and gurdon.

Dragon I

It's about match ups.  Earle and Gurdon match up with JC better than Hazen does.  Rison has Totty and athletes.  I'm sure it would be closer for a little while.

cav2012

How does Earle and Gurdon match up better with jc? Serious question

RiverEagle079

OOOO i know lsu.......... wait nevermind :(

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2014, 04:32:47 pm
It's about match ups.  Earle and Gurdon match up with JC better than Hazen does.  Rison has Totty and athletes.  I'm sure it would be closer for a little while.

Dragon if you think Hazen does not have athletes, you have been on the dragon juice too long. They are loaded in that department, probably the most in the 6. The big question for hazen is, has their coach learned anything the last few years.

I would really like to see what Prescott from d.a. could do with a team like Hazens.

Ventman

Quote from: cav2012 on November 17, 2014, 04:38:37 pm
How does Earle and Gurdon match up better with jc? Serious question
x2?

Dragon I

I've got to watch first hand, all of the teams we're talking about between last season and this season.  They do not have the horses that Earle, Gurdon, and JC do.  I'm not trying to start a pissing contest.  They're good.  Obviously enough to beat Earle.  After watching them play, it is my belief that JC will have a harder time with Earle and Gurdon, than they would Hazen.  This shouldn't make you too upset.  Not any of the 3 can stay within 35.

fbisgreat

I was thinking LSU would but now that they lost to the hogs.I'm not so sure.

Old Scrapper

The ship is sinking! Arkansas kids can beat Louisiana kids! Sorry I had to throw that in!!!

Dragon I

Crack jokes, y'all won.  You stormed the field after beating a four loss team.  What does that say for your program?  Would you like to see all of my National Championship gear that was won in my lifetime?  Or maybe an SEC Championship?  The Hogs have more seasons in the SEC with 6 wins or less than with 9 wins or more.  Get back to me when your program does anything of relevence.

searkhogfan

Alabama & Mississippi State definitely would.  Arkansas if they catch a few breaks.  LSU wouldn't stand a chance.   Lol

Old Scrapper

The_Devil_Himself

Junction City has size, speed, and power. No one else in Class 2A remotely matches up with them. Beating them will require a phenomenal coaching job, perfect execution, and a lackluster performance by the Dragons.

Dragon I

I suck at losing.  It's part of being from JC.  I've watched the past 3 seasons kill THA TRUTH.  Now he's getting to watch me.  I can admit it.  I just hate hearing Hog fans act like they're Gods gift to college football. 

bearbacker52

well what i heard was that during the purple gold team scrimmage back in august, they had the arkansas side of jc v. the la side of jc, and that the la side of jc, mercy ruled the arkie side...

catbearfan1

November 17, 2014, 06:05:16 pm #28 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:19:25 am by catbearfan1
A win is a win and the Razorbacks won!! Speaking of Junction City and the Razorbacks. The Hogs need to figure a way to get J. Dancy. The boy can run and the hogs love to love! I would love to see him in Red.

Old Scrapper

searkhogfan

Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2014, 05:54:29 pm
I just hate hearing Hog fans act like they're Gods gift to college football. 

Because they celebrated a win?   It's been a long dry spell. After the dumpster fire Petrino left. Arkansas has looked very good this year. Even in their losses.  Theyve taken everyone they've played to the limit.  Bee Luh Muh is building this team the right way.  And most think they're going to be a force next year.  They didn't win this game by accident.  They absolutely DOMINATED LSU.  120 some odd yards of total offense??   I say there's plenty of reason to celebrate.  Lol

searkhogfan

Back to JC. I don't think they're many teams in ANY classification that can beat them. 

THA TRUTH

Quote from: catbearfan1 on November 17, 2014, 06:05:16 pm
A win is a wine and the Razorbacks won!! Speaking of Junction City and the Razorbacks. The Hogs need to figure a way to get J. Dancy. The boy can run and the hogs love to love! I would love to see him in Red.

He isn't a beliema style running back

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2014, 05:54:29 pm
I suck at losing.  It's part of being from JC.  I've watched the past 3 seasons kill THA TRUTH.  Now he's getting to watch me.  I can admit it.  I just hate hearing Hog fans act like they're Gods gift to college football.

U knew it was coming I saw it in u Friday night

dart

there is several teams in 2a that can compete with jc, they just have to play mistake free and jc can be beat.

THA TRUTH

CathywithaC

Quote from: searkhogfan on November 17, 2014, 06:10:53 pm
Back to JC. I don't think they're many teams in ANY classification that can beat them.
Come on now, SE!  You're smarter than that.  I know we love our 2A, but let's keep it real.

DragonBorn

Quote from: dart on November 17, 2014, 06:55:37 pm
there is several teams in 2a that can compete with jc, they just have to play mistake free and jc can be beat.

searkhogfan

Quote from: CathywithaC on November 17, 2014, 07:03:54 pm
Quote from: searkhogfan on November 17, 2014, 06:10:53 pm
Come on now, SE!  You're smarter than that.  I know we love our 2A, but let's keep it real.

I firmly believe that.

dart

Quote from: DragonBorn on November 17, 2014, 07:05:31 pm
Quote from: dart on November 17, 2014, 06:55:37 pm

idiot

HorseFeathers

After Watching Des Arc-Hazen...and then Hector-Bearden...I don't want to see any of the 4 go up against a team that some of you folks claim could win 4A...>Cause I've seen Dardanelle, and if you think they can win the class their in, then they are a complete monster....Just saying here guys...that said Everyone does have their Waterloo...

swarfan

Not saying they would beat them, but Gurdon does actually match up decent with JC.  Gurdon stops the run very well and their secondary has lots of speed when teams are forced to throw.  They have come away with 25-30 INT's this season.  Offensively, Gurdon has lots of weapons led by speedster Jackie Harvell.  They also have shown to have a good passing attack at times this season....such as the 4 first half passing TD's last week against Carlisle. 

I believe Gurdon gave JC their closest game in last years playoffs.  JC scored two quick TD's on their first two possessions but Gurdon D stepped up after that and held Dancy in check for most of the game.  The Go-Devils trailed 19-6 with about 3 min left in the game and were stopped on a 4th and goal.  JC broke a long TD run in the last 30 seconds to set the final at 25-6. 

dragondad

Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2014, 05:45:02 pm
Crack jokes, y'all won.  You stormed the field after beating a four loss team.  What does that say for your program?  Would you like to see all of my National Championship gear that was won in my lifetime?  Or maybe an SEC Championship?  The Hogs have more seasons in the SEC with 6 wins or less than with 9 wins or more.  Get back to me when your program does anything of relevence.

That field storm cost AR a $25K fine.....I say it was worth every penny.

WPWells

Quote from: dragondad on November 17, 2014, 07:59:46 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on November 17, 2014, 05:45:02 pm

That field storm cost AR a $25K fine.....I say it was worth every penny.

I'm a sophomore at UARK. Haven't missed a home game. This was my first SEC win. We deserved to storm that field

Old Scrapper

cav2012

25k isn't much for a balla. Deserved to rush the field is a major major stretch. Lsu isn't much of a powerhouse this year

dragondad

The field storm wasn't so much about who they beat as it was the win in general.

WPWells

Quote from: dragondad on November 17, 2014, 08:39:00 pm
The field storm wasn't so much about who they beat as it was the win in general.

This

cav2012

i still thought it was dumb..... Sidenote I as well stumbled onto the field after that haha

RiverEagle079

Quote from: cav2012 on November 17, 2014, 08:42:59 pm
i still thought it was dumb..... Sidenote I as well stumbled onto the field after that haha

LOL go home cav your drunk

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas