• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previewing Class 2A in Cycle 6C (2016-2018)

Started by x14113, November 16, 2014, 11:10:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on November 24, 2014, 04:43:46 am
Pw will be close depending on what the legislature does about school choice.Room is a issue can only take so many they just started a kipp school in Forrest City that will hit them for about 85 kids a year plus the 25 or so we get and the 30 or so wynne gets.As for the conference outlook I figure Augusta or Mccrory or both will go back to the 3 if there is a move and England will come back Marianna keeps losing kids they could be 2a in the years ahead and if that happens im sure they would be put in the 6 we will just have to see how it plays out.
If Hughes joins Forrest City there will be more heading to PW.  I personally know of several but they have been told that PW is closed to School Choice right now.

big E

Have to apply by July 1 I think they take them on a first come basis where we have room.Doesn't take long.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: big E on November 25, 2014, 04:42:43 am
Have to apply by July 1 I think they take them on a first come basis where we have room.Doesn't take long.

Is the school looking to maybe build some new buildings, or get some of those temporary buildings in there. Seems weird to see a school in the Delta actually growing though :D

MomaLion

Ok, thanks...I will tell them.

Bodyguard

Quote from: HF on November 25, 2014, 05:31:07 pm

Is the school looking to maybe build some new buildings, or get some of those temporary buildings in there. Seems weird to see a school in the Delta actually growing though :D

If you think that's weird, wait until you see what happens in Osceola in the next few years and after the deal is finished or completed with this automotive manufacture company shopping this super site in West Memphis/Marion... The Delta might surprise you here in the next few years...

big E

Yep looking for some land to build a new High School no takers on that yet.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bodyguard on November 26, 2014, 08:38:46 am

If you think that's weird, wait until you see what happens in Osceola in the next few years and after the deal is finished or completed with this automotive manufacture company shopping this super site in West Memphis/Marion... The Delta might surprise you here in the next few years...

I'd heard about the Osceola thing...The West Memphis/marion thing is new to me. It's a shame though that it probably won't save some of the little schools on their last legs over there though...

iliveformarch

The 4-2A except Hector should consolidate with other schools.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas