• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPC @ Hazen 2nd Round

Started by JrHighParent, November 14, 2014, 10:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 16, 2014, 07:51:47 am
Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 16, 2014, 06:49:33 am
I didn't say the conference was pass happy! In the past the Dbacks would bite on the run to fast and leave receivers running wide open, I'm not saying you can't pass on them it's just thatwe have a drastic turn around in that part of the game.
Too bad you haven't had a chance to practice that.......... ;D

Well in his defense cuz, des arc did attempt to pass on them, HOWEVER we (d.a.) seemed to drop some open passes that could have changed the game.

Old Scrapper

Hazen has faced a few QBs this year that tried to pass, none with any big success, but also none with skill level that is coming to town next, Dline needs to get some pressure so he doesn't get comfortable back there.

Old Scrapper

Yea DA did drop some with receivers open, momentum killers!

purplehajj

Hazen will be ready don't worry

Coach95

Hard to pass running for your life or laying on your back!!!

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 16, 2014, 09:30:56 am
I didn't say the conference was pass happy! In the past the Dbacks would bite on the run to fast and leave receivers running wide open, I'm not saying you can't pass on them it's just thatwe have a drastic turn around in that part of the game.

Well in his defense cuz, des arc did attempt to pass on them, HOWEVER we (d.a.) seemed to drop some open passes that could have changed the game.
Well pick you said it first open passes that could change the game.
Epc will bring a good passing game...Scales will open the defense up....Hazen will be hard to press him, he's a game changer...

bdubyab60

EPC also has a running game. Gordon has been over 100 yards 4 straight games.

hornetfever

Hazen is too big and strong up front for EPC. #74 #68 #56 and #57 are what makes Hazen a great team this year.
Along with a lot more very good high school football players.
Hornets 40
EPC 22

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 16, 2014, 04:10:38 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 16, 2014, 09:30:56 am

Well pick you said it first open passes that could change the game.
Epc will bring a good passing game...Scales will open the defense up....Hazen will be hard to press him, he's a game changer...

They will bring a good passing game, but i seriously doubt they bring the rushing game des arc combines with their passes. We had 3 backs over 100 yds Friday night.

Old Scrapper

Tension and Mills will mirror Scales, we have a couple of game changers also!

Reflexn

Please do...opens up everything else with two of your best keying on Scales. Scales is a difference maker but the receivers have a huge impact from what I saw.  His roll out pass option is on point.

cuz

November 16, 2014, 05:53:03 pm #61 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:55:38 pm by cuz
Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 16, 2014, 05:27:57 pm
Tension and Mills will mirror Scales, we have a couple of game changers also!
Seen some film on the Earle game. Looks like  pretty good match, I think it'll be one of the best games of the playoffs.....

Old Scrapper

Lmafo

Coach95 I don't know who you think you are talking to but I'm a grown man and my mom died when I was three. And if that's your attitude toward players then your true colors are shining through.

RabbitRidge

November 16, 2014, 06:58:45 pm #64 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:06:38 pm by RabbitRidge
Quote from: Lmafo on November 16, 2014, 06:48:12 pm
Coach95 I don't know who you think you are talking to but I'm a grown man and my mom died when I was three. And if that's your attitude toward players then your true colors are shining through.

If your a Grown Man then act like one and talk football. Everybody has a opinion but come on this is high school stuff here. And Sorry About your mother, lost my dad at a young age.

bigworm

Quote from: Reflexn on November 16, 2014, 05:52:04 pm
Please do...opens up everything else with two of your best keying on Scales. Scales is a difference maker but the receivers have a huge impact from what I saw.  His roll out pass option is on point.

Wat was scales numbers against england? Rushing and passing?

MarionBlueDevil

Really, really good game. Don't have a dog in the hunt, but I follow Earle, so I'm pulling for EPC to represent the 3-2A.

Think Hazen is a little better, but if they buy the hype that EPC has their number then some doubt may creep in.

I'm gonna take EPC in a shocker. Something like 34-28.

Donnie Jamon

November 16, 2014, 09:00:14 pm #67 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:05:35 pm by Donnie Jamon
9-14 200 yards 5 passing TD's. 45 rushing and 1 rushing td

15 tackles. 12 solo I believe

bdubyab60

November 16, 2014, 09:06:29 pm #68 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:20:12 pm by bdubyab60
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 16, 2014, 09:00:14 pm
The paper was wrong DJ. I read those same numbers Young had 132 and Malone 88. That's 220 and I know he hit another 20 or 30 yarder to number 24.

To go with 20 tackles 14 solo

Donnie Jamon

Was thinking that 2 and I was thinking he had more rushing to

who-knew

If those stats are correct then it going to be a long night for EPC. Epc scores passing Hazen's chews the clock up with the rush attack, while EPC's offense is on the side line watching.  Going with Hazen 28-13. 

bigworm

Do you get more points for chewing up clock and scoring or passing to score?

who-knew

Quote from: bigworm on November 16, 2014, 10:51:52 pm
Do you get more points for chewing up clock and scoring or passing to score?

Can't score if you don't have the ball. Should be a good one to watch.

Donnie Jamon

I don't care how long it takes either team to score as long as we score to

big E

I think Hazen has to run away from 34 he's real good got long arms and scales plays from sideline to sideline. Penn and Mosby will find some holes the real matchup is Hazens corners against 18 and 5.18 has another gear.

bdubyab60

November 17, 2014, 06:05:28 am #75 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:14:48 am by bdubyab60
Quote from: who-knew on November 16, 2014, 10:42:15 pm

If those stats are correct then it going to be a long night for EPC. Epc scores passing Hazen's chews the clock up with the rush attack, while EPC's offense is on the side line watching.  Going with Hazen 28-13.
Im petty sure they are short of what he did. Also Gordon ran for another 139. So we had the ball for a long time as well.

Try rationalize how you want to. Hazen has a game on their hands Friday night. EPC is not just a passing team. We got a decent running game to.

Plus if he throws for 5 TDs and runs for another 2 how is EPC in trouble? Just saying.

green-eagle

The hornets scrappers of Hazen has this one.... 30-8

Old Scrapper

Hazen will be ready! I know this will fire you EPC fellows up but I don't see you scoring more than 14, (Hazen 34-14)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hazen doesn't need to get cocky. Now is the time to prove it on the field, something they have failed to do in the playoffs.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 17, 2014, 09:38:25 am
Hazen will be ready! I know this will fire you EPC fellows up but I don't see you scoring more than 14, (Hazen 34-14)
nah no problem with anyone's predictions. But to say something like if scales only puts up 200 plus yards of offense and accounts for 7 TDs then EPC will be in trouble is kind of crazy. I mean that's 7 touchdowns it doesn't matter if he's got 50 yards, it's 7 touchdowns.

Old Scrapper

that wasn't meant to come across cocky, just the way I feel. we all know the pain of early exits from the playoffs around here.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 17, 2014, 09:48:53 am
that wasn't meant to come across cocky, just the way I feel. we all know the pain of early exits from the playoffs around here.

I was just saying that in "general". Not directed at anyone person.

Old Scrapper

Coach95

I was under the impression you were someone else I apologize for the negative comment...Just cheer on your friends because I see you have friends and family still on the team...Go #8

Coach95

I'm gonna ride the defensive front on this one...Hornets 32-6

Lions84

The Scrapper Hornets and that Purple Haze D will put EPC on the Basketball Courts !

Fence Jockey

I like looking at common match up's in these type of game. There is two between these 2 teams. Both have played McCroy & Earle. In those common match up here is how it went:
Hazen vs McCroy 36-0 Hazen win
EPC    vs McCroy 36-32 EPC win

Hazen vs Earle 36-16  Hazen win
EPC    vs Earle 28-26 EPC win

So againest common foe, Hazen scored 72 points while EPC scored 64 An 8 point advantage for Hazen offence in the scoring department

On defence Hazen allowed 16 points while EPC allowed 58  A 49 point advantage for the Hazen defence.

That a total of 57 points total, offence & defence that EPC is behind Hazen in these 2 games. So by using simple math, on paper, that would reflect that Hazen should be somewhere around a 28 plus or minus better team than EPC.

cav2012

Donnie Jamon

Fence Jockey. Let me help you out. Our 2nd best def player #34 didn't play the first 4 games this year including the Mccrory game. #8 who is a beast had a heart attack and didn't play then. 1 of our starting linemen was also out then. All 3 of those guys didn't play and are big contributors to this team. Those numbers mean squat

Fence Jockey

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 17, 2014, 04:45:23 pm
Fence Jockey. Let me help you out. Our 2nd best def player #34 didn't play the first 4 games this year including the Mccrory game. #8 who is a beast had a heart attack and didn't play then. 1 of our starting linemen was also out then. All 3 of those guys didn't play and are big contributors to this team. Those numbers mean squat

Donnie,You right, those numbers don't mean squat, Cav done pointed that out cause this old man cannot add, Hazen not 28 better on paper, just about 21 or so, for the rest of what you said, more than likely all valid points to be weighed, but that can be offset cause the same came be said for Hazen, for alot of the season they have had numerous key player out all at the same time & still did what they have done. Only until the past couple of weeks have they got back to full strength. It should be a good one, I am looking forward to the game.

BIGDOG

It is November not September and Hazen is lucky they are not playing "The Dawgs"

EPC wins 28 to 22

Old Scrapper

BIGDOG got jokes! We already beat your puppies!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BIGDOG on November 17, 2014, 05:16:03 pm
It is November not September and Hazen is lucky they are not playing "The Dawgs"

EPC wins 28 to 22

You know, this argument is getting old. You Earle posters think yall are the only team thats gotten better as the season went along.

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2014, 06:03:17 pm
Quote from: BIGDOG on November 17, 2014, 05:16:03 pm

EPC wins 28 to 22

You know, this argument is getting old. You Earle posters think yall are the only team thats gotten better as the season went along.

Don't worry after Friday night Earle won't have a dog in the Hunt. Someone needs to hit the UPSET ALERT BUTTON!!!!

bulldog2006

I see yall really dislike earle........lol but i'll take epc by 14.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bulldog2006 on November 17, 2014, 07:30:33 pm
I see yall really dislike earle........lol but i'll take epc by 14.

Its nothing to do with wether or not i like Earle, but to get on here and act like they are the only team to improve as the season has progressed is just plain stupid. I know des arc has improved greatly since week one as im sure most teams have that avoided any major injuries.

bulldog2006

Ok eagles ......lets just keep focus on the epc /hazen thread. 

Coach95

who-knew

Quote from: Fence Jockey on November 17, 2014, 03:58:06 pm
I like looking at common match up's in these type of game. There is two between these 2 teams. Both have played McCroy & Earle. In those common match up here is how it went:
Hazen vs McCroy 36-0 Hazen win
EPC    vs McCroy 36-32 EPC win

Hazen vs Earle 36-16  Hazen win
EPC    vs Earle 28-26 EPC win

So againest common foe, Hazen scored 72 points while EPC scored 64 An 8 point advantage for Hazen offence in the scoring department

On defence Hazen allowed 16 points while EPC allowed 58  A 49 point advantage for the Hazen defence.

That a total of 57 points total, offence & defence that EPC is behind Hazen in these 2 games. So by using simple math, on paper, that would reflect that Hazen should be somewhere around a 28 plus or minus better team than EPC.

Guess those stats and numbers gave those EPC fans a especially upset.

Donnie Jamon

Why would we be especially upset?  It's just a game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas