• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPC @ Hazen 2nd Round

Started by JrHighParent, November 14, 2014, 10:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

All those numbers did was make his post longer and proved nothing. As DJ said its a game we will win or Hazen will.

EPC ain't carrying no 0 out of Hazen unless they call 4 TDs back though.

who-knew

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 18, 2014, 09:26:40 pm
All those numbers did was make his post longer and proved nothing. As DJ said its a game we will win or Hazen will.

EPC may score but they won't see the endzone 4 times.

Coach95

cuz

Quote from: Coach95 on November 18, 2014, 09:34:06 pm
I give them 6 points!!!
Me to coach 6 points more than Hazen........... ;D

Coach95

Ha Ha...I'll say 26 behind Hazen...32-6

Coach95

I give it to them scales I'd good player but you have to account for all 11 on the field for Hazen and EPC don't have one that can catch Penn...

cuz

Quote from: Coach95 on November 18, 2014, 09:49:03 pm
I give it to them scales I'd good player but you have to account for all 11 on the field for Hazen and EPC don't have one that can catch Penn...
Heres what I don't understand and I certainly mean no disrespect. I haven't heard anything about Penn or any other back on here or anywhere else. By the time Dancy was a junior everyone knew who he was. If he's a game changer why isn't he known. Scales I knew about a year ago. Now I'm taking away from the young man he could be a super star and I'll give give him his just do if I see some info on him. I did look him up in the track and the boy's got speed, don't know how his track speed is to his football speed, would like to know his stats on this game. Maybe y'all can post them next week. Good luck to both teams should be a great game...........

Donnie Jamon

Cuz,  he has some stats in hootens on Penn. also has Scales stats as well

cav2012

Search his name on YouTube and you'll find his sophomore year highlights

mtindian42

epc has owned hazen...what makes the hazen folks believe It will be different this time?

cuz

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 18, 2014, 11:06:07 pm
I'll look at those but Hootens don't mean much as does YouTube. If your D-1  material Hudl will be all over you.......

bdubyab60

Quote from: Coach95 on November 18, 2014, 09:49:03 pm
Scales and both Youngs

beastmode1

2,5,8,11,18 even 81 on good nights. these are all good players for EPC and thats just for offense. Defensively 34, 78,50, and 79 is a bowling ball.

Old Scrapper

playmaker04

Our fellow brothers from the 3-2a win this one. 30-22

Old Scrapper

bloodsweattears33

Who does Hazen think they are? Im just wondering because yall are about the cockiest bunch. Yall play a few cupcake teams and yall are supposed to be legit?

scatterback11

Scales has his best game of the year and the warriors take this one 36-28. #34 on defense will be the difference maker!

mtindian42

Quote from: bloodsweattears33 on November 19, 2014, 11:59:40 am
Who does Hazen think they are? Im just wondering because yall are about the cockiest bunch. Yall play a few cupcake teams and yall are supposed to be legit?
Earle. Osceola. des arc. mccrory. Brinkley. all still playing...that's hardly a cupcake schedule... epc may win...but it want be easy...

purplehajj

Cupcake teams we beat Earle by twenty you beat them by two we beat mccroy by 30 you beat them by 4 so I don't want to hear cupcake teams from you maybe if you would of beat them by more you could talk

playmaker04

Quote from: purplehajj on November 19, 2014, 12:05:31 pm
Cupcake teams we beat Earle by twenty you beat them by two we beat mccroy by 30 you beat them by 4 so I don't want to hear cupcake teams from you maybe if you would of beat them by more you could talk
come on man,don't compare scores,that's kindergarten crap.

Donnie Jamon

just shows how stupid some people are.  some hazen people need to just stop talking until after the game b/c you could make yourself feel more dumb then your actual posting.

cav2012

8) I'll be there friday hajj

purplehajj

I got you cav been a while buddy Hazen 32 to 16

Old Scrapper

Them dang EPC followers sure do get testy all fast! All said was good luck with that!   y'all need some ANGER MANAGEMENT classes! You talk your team up and we talk our team up. NO we are not impressed with your team no more than you are ours! That's how this thing works!

Missco7

Bundle up and bring your umbrella, it is going to be a close game.  Hazen needs to contain #5, not only Scales.

bdubyab60

Quote from: who-knew on November 18, 2014, 09:29:54 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 18, 2014, 09:26:40 pm

EPC may score but they won't see the endzone 4 times.
You guys said the same thing last year. JS. As long as EPC doesnt turn the all over they will be fine.

Doc Holiday

Epc has had Hazen's number in recent history. Containing Epc's speed shouldn't be an issue. However if Epc shows up and has a successful throwing game, it will get dangerous quick, and opens up their running game even more.

Thoughts on this game: Uneasy.

Definitely gonna be there. We gotta learn to get over the playoff hump. If there was ever a year... it'd be this one.

Donnie Jamon

Well said Doc. Not many think we can win and we might not but as long as we are still standing after the 12th round I'll be  happy. Give em he#l Warriors

big E

This game will tell if the Hornets have gotten that monkey off there backs.

cav2012

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2014, 07:12:27 am
I'll look at those but Hootens don't mean much as does YouTube. If your D-1  material Hudl will be all over you.......
if penn had  dancy's height, d1 schools would be all over him. He has the strength and the speed

init2winit

Since I'm a coach I don't like to get involved in these threads, I'm going to give my analysis of Hazen. I've had the opportunity over the last few years to coach aganist Hazen 5 times(3 @Clarendon, 1 @ Carlisle, 1 @WYC) and I've got to say this is the best Hazen team I've seen.
In years past they were always good, but them seemed to be short 1 or 2 guys on the line or somewhere, but this years team is totally different, they seem to be a complete team.
They have 2 very talented RB's who hit the hole hard. The O-Line is big, physical, and fundamentally sound. I can't comment on their passing game because they didn't have to pass to beat us.
Defensively, their front 7 is outstanding. The D-Line is big, strong, and physical. #50 is a stud. The LB's are very fast and make quick reads and fly to the ball. Their D-backs are fast and athletic. In conclusion, I haven't seen EPC play so I can't comment on them,but they will have to be a high quality team to beat Hazen at their place. Good luck to both teams on Friday.

littleman

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fence Jockey on November 17, 2014, 03:58:06 pm
I like looking at common match up's in these type of game. There is two between these 2 teams. Both have played McCroy & Earle. In those common match up here is how it went:
Hazen vs McCroy 36-0 Hazen win
EPC    vs McCroy 36-32 EPC win

Hazen vs Earle 36-16  Hazen win
EPC    vs Earle 28-26 EPC win

So againest common foe, Hazen scored 72 points while EPC scored 64 An 8 point advantage for Hazen offence in the scoring department

On defence Hazen allowed 16 points while EPC allowed 58  A 49 point advantage for the Hazen defence.

That a total of 57 points total, offence & defence that EPC is behind Hazen in these 2 games. So by using simple math, on paper, that would reflect that Hazen should be somewhere around a 28 plus or minus better team than EPC.

Earle Blew out Cross County 50-6
Cross County Beat EPC  36-8
EPC beat Earle..  28-26

See how smart comparing scores really is?

cav2012

Here come them Hornet boys and we gon tur it up

cav2012

Serious though, everybody from hazen knows Epc is good. We hopefully have learned from the past 3 beat downs they gave us

cuz

Quote from: cav2012 on November 20, 2014, 02:52:12 pm
if penn had  dancy's height, d1 schools would be all over him. He has the strength and the speed
Cav, Dancy is not only taller, he's stronger and faster. He is a good back but not as illusive as Dancy, who also won 198lb div. at the state weight lifting ch. last year.

Penn combine results 40
https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1107&CID=1638524
Dancy
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaqwis-Dancy-152099

cav2012

November 20, 2014, 10:47:12 pm #137 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:50:44 pm by cav2012
I'll take your word for it on the speed. Did he run the 100 with harvell and penn? He's only a junior though so he'll be better next year

BIGDOG

100 meter times are irrelevant in evaluating football talent. 40 yard dash, 5-10-5 and vertical jump are the most common variables that colleges look at. I know bc I played at UCA for four years was a GA one year before going in private business. We evaluated 100's of kids using those and game film. Physicality and toughness are key variables for college players. Both are great high school players but Dancy has already committed to a D1 school. I saw him as a soph at Earl, which we won in 2012 14-7  ;D. I saw Penn at Hazen this year and he looked very good but his line dominates for him. Penn would need to put on 25 lbs and at his weight that would be difficult.

echo5whiskey

November 21, 2014, 06:20:51 am #139 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:36:09 am by echo5whiskey
Quote from: cuz on November 20, 2014, 10:19:08 pm
Quote from: cav2012 on November 20, 2014, 02:52:12 pm
Cav, Dancy is not only taller, he's stronger and faster. He is a good back but not as illusive as Dancy, who also won 198lb div. at the state weight lifting ch. last year.

Penn combine results 40
https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1107&CID=1638524
Dancy
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaqwis-Dancy-152099
Have to correct you on the weight meet Cuz, young man named Brandon Gates from Rogers Heritage won the 198 lb class, Bo Weddle from Carlisle was second. Both were first and second as high school juniors also. They are both currently redshirting runningbacks  at Harding University.
Dancy is a bonified monster, best player in 2A hands down. (Top ten in state of Arkansas) Two MVP trophys in the last two state championships pretty much says it all. I would imagine he will add another in December.

echo5whiskey

November 21, 2014, 06:38:49 am #140 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:09:58 am by echo5whiskey
Quote from: BIGDOG on November 20, 2014, 11:10:14 pm
100 meter times are irrelevant in evaluating football talent. 40 yard dash, 5-10-5 and vertical jump are the most common variables that colleges look at. I know bc I played at UCA for four years was a GA one year before going in private business. We evaluated 100's of kids using those and game film. Physicality and toughness are key variables for college players. Both are great high school players but Dancy has already committed to a D1 school. I saw him as a soph at Earl, which we won in 2012 14-7  ;D. I saw Penn at Hazen this year and he looked very good but his line dominates for him. Penn would need to put on 25 lbs and at his weight that would be difficult.
Most people don't understand recruiting, Height is probably the most misunderstood measurable. The taller an athlete is with the speed, strength, agility, the easier it is to develop their frame into a college football player. This is why 5"10 lineman generally aren't recruited no matter how big they seem in a high school game.

birddawg1986

The 2 3A places three teams in the quarterfinals on "Thanksgiving Friday Weekend"( Earle, EPC, Cross Co)" EPC survives, and shootout 36-32.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 21, 2014, 07:47:46 am
The 2 3A places three teams in the quarterfinals on "Thanksgiving Friday Weekend"( Earle, EPC, Cross Co)" EPC survives, and shootout 36-32.

We really do not care what the 2-3A does, this is the 2A board. And i doubt the 3-2A has 3 teams playing after thanksgiving. 😏

birddawg1986

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 07:53:48 am

We really do not care what the 2-3A does, this is the 2A board. And i doubt the 3-2A has 3 teams playing after thanksgiving. 😏
Ok maybe the A should be in front of the 2. If you cant read the list of teams then your name really is DA. Enjoy basketball practice on Saturday morning.

playmaker04

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 21, 2014, 08:11:08 am

Ok maybe the A should be in front of the 2. If you cant read the list of teams then your name really is DA. Enjoy basketball practice on Saturday morning.
I knew what you meant birddawg. That's an easy mistake to make. I've done it myself.

Coach95

Earle will be the only team left standing...you have lost your mind if you think EPC scores 36 points...this is a whole different Hazen team than you have ever seen!!! 32-6 Hazen

Ric Flair

I don't post much anymore but I am going to the EPC-Hazen game tonight. I have seen EPC
several times over the years in the playoffs and always seen them lose  ;D ;D ;D
Hazen will be way to physical on both lines for EPC. Scales is a great player, I don't believe
they have the linemen to play with Hazen. EPC coach is very good at spreading you out and getting the ball to his skill guys. Hazen's secondary will be tested tonight. In the end I am
going with Hazen 34 to 24. The only thing that will stop Hazen is themselves, penalties and turnovers. Have to play clean football. Woooooooooooooooooooo

bdubyab60

You guys realoze all of this was siad last year. I realize hazen is better as a team this year. But they are no more physical and have no more speed than some other teams we have faced this year. Besides EPC will put a hat on ya to and surely Hazen knows this.

This game will come down to line play for sure though. Can EPC slow hazens run game and can the offensive line give Scales time to hit some passes. But dont expect EPC to just sit back and throw the ball either.

EPC and Hazen both know exactly what to expect from each other and its going to come down to who can execute what they do the best.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 21, 2014, 08:11:08 am

I knew what you meant. I was just joking around. Some of you clowns from the 3-2A need to carefully remove your panties from crack. Geez

As for practicing basketball Saturday morning, i doubt it, but if we are it will not be by anyone from the 3.

mtindian42

game day good luck both teams...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas