• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCrory @ Gurdon -- Round 2 (11/21/2014)

Started by G-HIGH, November 14, 2014, 10:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G-HIGH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

G-HIGH

Good. We get to send another team from the 6 home to play some round ball.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 10:12:15 pm
Good. We get to send another team from the 6 home to play some round ball.

As you should, you are playing our 3rd and 5th seeds.

G-HIGH

Old Scrapper

Better hold the trash talk cause Rogo will cook you up a pot of crow to eat! Carlisle doesn't have a running back like your fixing to see next.

godgiven999

Well actually in 2010 McCrory was legit with Best and a D1 Tackle and Gurdon was 4 seed and still kept it competitive for a half!

GusBrown

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 14, 2014, 10:17:04 pm
Well actually in 2010 McCrory was legit with Best and a D1 Tackle and Gurdon was 4 seed and still kept it competitive for a half!

But did you win?

G-HIGH

And Rogo hasn't faced a defense like he is gonna see. They may score, true.
But Gurdon will score more.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 10:18:14 pm

Actually he has probably played against at least one that's better, Hazen, maybe 2, des arc.

GusBrown

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2014, 10:19:19 pm

Actually he has probably played against at least one that's better, Hazen, maybe 2, des arc.
False

mcnewfamily

yea you better hope it's not like 2010. wasn't a good outcome for gurdon.

GusBrown

Quote from: mcnewfamily on November 14, 2014, 10:24:47 pm
yea you better hope it's not like 2010. wasn't a good outcome for gurdon.
No Logan Best this time around, don't get your hopes up.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 14, 2014, 10:26:07 pm #15 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:28:15 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 10:22:06 pm

False

Dude go look at Hazens schedule, the 2 teams they beat in non conference games are still playing, 3 of the 4 teams they beat in conference that made playoffs are still playing. They gave up least amount of ppg in 2A, even less than j.c. Which means they played and beat a tougher schedule than your beloved go devils. So when you have some stats to back up your argument, we can talk.

GusBrown

November 14, 2014, 10:28:20 pm #16 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:32:10 pm by GusBrown
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2014, 10:26:07 pm

False

Dude go look at Hazens schedule, the 2 teams they beat in non conference games are still playing, 3 of the 4 teams they beat in conference that made playoffs are still playing. They give up least amount of ppg in 2A, even less than j.c. So when you have some stats to back up your argument, we can talk.
Coach Jackson is a great defensive coach. His rings can prove that. They have not seen the speed they will see next Friday, nothing else to say. Let's just stay quiet til Friday.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 14, 2014, 10:31:50 pm #17 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:36:20 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 10:28:20 pm

False

Dude go look at Hazens schedule, the 2 teams they beat in non conference games are still playing, 3 of the 4 teams they beat in conference that made playoffs are still playing. They give up least amount of ppg in 2A, even less than j.c. So when you have some stats to back up your argument, we can talk.
don't act like you know what even half of 2A defenses give up. There is no way that you know that. So don't act like you can throw all these stats around. You don't have any credible stats.

Are you as stupid as your post makes you sound? All you have to do, is scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 2A and it will tell you everybody's record and total points scored and points against. So yes i will ACT like i know what the defenses give up.

Hazen has given up 62 points in 11 games or 5.6 ppg, Gurdon 182 or 16.5 thats alomst a third less.

Coach95

I'm gonna go with the Jags 32-20 keeping the 6-2A alive!!!

bdubyab60

GusBrown

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2014, 10:31:50 pm

False

don't act like you know what even half of 2A defenses give up. There is no way that you know that. So don't act like you can throw all these stats around. You don't have any credible stats.

Are you as stupid as your post makes you sound? All you have to do, is scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 2A and it will tell you everybody's record and total points scored and points against. So yes i will ACT like i know what the defenses give up.
Really, Gurdon has played 0 close games since week 2. 0. They could have held Carlisle to 0 tonight if they had chose to. They literally didn't play a senior high player in tonight's 2nd half, all freshmen. Gurdon rests their starters week in and week out on both sides of the ball. So no you don't have any credible stats.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 14, 2014, 10:37:41 pm #21 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:40:40 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 10:35:41 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2014, 10:31:50 pm

False

Really, Gurdon has played 0 close games since week 2. 0. They could have held Carlisle to 0 tonight if they had chose to. They literally didn't play a senior high player in tonight's 2nd half, all freshmen. Gurdon rests their starters week in and week out on both sides of the ball. So no you don't have any credible stats.

Both losses, you still do not have a legitimate argument.

Ok, hazen hasnt lost a game all year and as close as anybody has been is 20, Earle and des arc.

I PROMISE Rog has seen a good defense, one statistically better than Gurdons by far.

GusBrown

November 14, 2014, 10:40:46 pm #22 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:43:02 pm by GusBrown
Did they play 2 top 5 3A teams the first 2 weeks of the season? No. I don't wanna hear it. Gurdon is one of if not the fastest team in the state, I'll leave it at that. We will see what Gurdon's defense will do Friday. I'll stay quiet and evaluate after.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 10:40:46 pm
Did they play 2 top 5 3A teams the first 2 weeks of the season? No. I don't wanna hear it. We will see what Gurdon's defense will do Friday. I'll stay quiet and evaluate after.

No, they played Earle and oceaola(?) both wins and both are stil playing, not to mention hazen has scored 81 more points on offense than Gurdon against better teams. Go back to how many teams hazen beat thats still playing vs how many Gurdon beat thats stll playing, i think its 5-0 in that category.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 10:40:46 pm
Did they play 2 top 5 3A teams the first 2 weeks of the season? No. I don't wanna hear it. Gurdon is one of if not the fastest team in the state, I'll leave it at that. We will see what Gurdon's defense will do Friday. I'll stay quiet and evaluate after.

We are playing football, not running track. And i think the kid that finished 2nd to your speedster, is a tailback at hazen. So your speed argument is fruitless as well. Try something else.

purplehajj

Y'all are morons! Gurdon has give up 17 points a game! Des arc gives up 13 and Hazen gives up 6. So I'm pretty sure rogo has seen a lot better defense than gurdon! Not to mention the only shut out was to Hazen the number two team in the state! Do the math stats don't lie but i like the excuses that your already making by say your playing better teams good luck y'all will need it! #rogorunswild

GusBrown

They havent played a team on the level of Smackover or Prescott. But whatever man, spew your garbage, what happens Friday will tell the tale.

G-HIGH

Let 'em yak Gus.
Just don't be asking where we are and saying that we are bragging after the fact.
We cook a pretty good crow too.
And last time I checked we are playing McCrory not Hazen next week. Rogo will be a No go.
Go-Devils Roll!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: purplehajj on November 14, 2014, 10:47:42 pm
Y'all are morons! Gurdon has give up 17 points a game! Des arc gives up 13 and Hazen gives up 6. So I'm pretty sure rogo has seen a lot better defense than gurdon! Not to mention the only shut out was to Hazen the number two team in the state! Do the math stats don't lie but i like the excuses that your already making by say your playing better teams good luck y'all will need it! #rogorunswild

Yea he is grasping at straws, he went from better defense, to tougher schedule, to speed and hes still trying to get a moral victory.

GusBrown

you do realize Gurdon has rested starters every week since week 2? Ofcourse their stats aren't up to par like they could be. Yall say what you feel, we will see Friday.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 10:48:53 pm
Let 'em yak Gus.
Just don't be asking where we are and saying that we are bragging after the fact.
And last time I checked we are playing McCrory not Hazen next week. Rogo will be a No go.
Go-Devils Roll!!

Im not saying if y'all DO get to play Hazen, Hazen would win, BUT for someone to stupidly say Rogo hasnt faced any really good defenses is just plain ludicrous. All i have been doing is PROVIDING stats they says he has.

GusBrown

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 10:48:53 pm
Let 'em yak Gus.
Go-Devils Roll!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 10:51:01 pm
you do realize Gurdon has rested starters every week since week 2? Ofcourse their stats aren't up to par like they could be. Yall say what you feel, we will see Friday.

If Hazen, Des Arc or Mccrory played in that WEAK ars conference yall do, all 3 of them would too. Im pretty sure Hazen has rested every week but the des arc week. So again your point is invalid.

G-HIGH

We gave up 26 to Carlisle yes.
McCrory gave up how many?
And was that against the JAG's 1's?
The 26 tonight was straight up against 9th graders.
If McCrorys 1's allowed the Bison in the end zone at all much less two or three times then they dang sure ain't stopping GURDON. GOOD NIGHT

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 10:55:04 pm
If McCrorys 1's allowed the Bison in the end zone at all much less two or three times then they dang sure ain't stopping GURDON. GOOD NIGHT

Again that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, Mccrory gave up 34, des arc gave up 0, Hazen gave up 0, so again whose defense is better? Yea thats what i was thinking, the teams from the 6.

GusBrown

November 14, 2014, 10:58:20 pm #35 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:00:30 pm by GusBrown
Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 10:55:04 pm
I thought it was 24, but yes. They could not move the ball on our starters AT ALL, and didn't even think about sniffing the end zone. It was 40-0 at halftime. Everything they got was against 9th graders. Literally. Good luck to McCrory and safe travels.

G-HIGH

BrianfromCarlisle

In McCrorys defense, Carlisle scored 24 of the points against the 2nd and 3rd string against them. 

Gonna be fun watching the game next week.  Really good players for both sides.

G-HIGH

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2014, 11:03:59 pm
In McCrorys defense, Carlisle scored 24 of the points against the 2nd and 3rd string against them. 

Okay that's what I wanted to know.
I thought maybe that was the case.
Yes. A good matchup for round 2.
Btw. Carlisle has got something to look forward to. Definitely has the size and I'll put it back together next year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 11:07:16 pm

Btw. Carlisle has got something to look forward to. Definitely has the size and I'll put it back together next year

That's the only part about the conference standins page, it doesn't tell when the poinnts were scored.

G-HIGH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2014, 11:09:10 pm

That's the only part about the conference standins page, it doesn't tell when the poinnts were scored.
I look at maxpreps a lot to see schedules and previous scores and have wished there was a box score for each game. Really tells the tale about some games.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2014, 11:11:58 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2014, 11:09:10 pm

I look at maxpreps a lot to see schedules and previous scores and have wished there was a box score for each game. Really tells the tale about some games.

True, like the des arc- Marvell game, d.a. up 20 to them, but it was all really late in the 4th. When we were playing water boys and band members,

footballfrenzy

Carlisle didn't cross the 50 in the first half, once. Gurdon mercy ruled them in the first half then literally put as many 9TH GRADERS on the field as they possibly could the entire 2nd half. 9th graders! I say this with all seriousness, Gurdon could have won that game 80-0 if they really wanted to.

As far as the 7 goes, we laid an egg. I was horribly wrong about Mt Ida. I hope their player is going to be OK and congrats to Brinkley. Gurdon will carry the 7 torch honorably, trust me.

G-HIGH

And the young man from Carlisle.
I hope he is okay as well.

the_whitester_21

Jump on me IDC.
Jaguars pull the upset 28-26

Ventman

November 15, 2014, 12:11:49 am #45 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:15:39 am by Ventman
Quote from: GusBrown on November 14, 2014, 10:17:23 pm
Quote from: highstrung on November 14, 2014, 10:13:37 pm
Like in 2010
Except no Logan Best, don't get your hopes up.
Remember this name Rogo! He will make good players look bad.

godgiven999

Remember this name "Harvel"
He only had 6 carries in the game and 2 punt returns and 1 catch had 240 all purpose yards and 2 TDs.

brown2010

u folks let the name ROGO go, they will know he was there win lose or draw and we will know HARVELL is there. we are in the final 16 and theres a lot not so will be there and play, just hope for an injury free game and good luck to the winning team. but I promise u one thing he want be scared and he will give it 100 percent every play just like LOGAN did.

Coach95

He's faced the #2 defense in all classes of football this year Hazen only allowing 5.6 pts a game...He still runs hard!!!

swarfan

Maybe Hazen's is better....maybe not.  But McCrory was shut out by Hazen so I'm not sure why you're bragging about that game?!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas