• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ JC

Started by Dragon I, November 14, 2014, 09:26:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

Our little brothers come to JC.  Hope y'all didn't get anyone hurt tonight.

Lionbro20

Hey dragon any room on the JC band wagon?

THA TRUTH

Dragon I

G-HIGH

Y'all should at least feed the bears some loaded baked potatoes at half price for showing up.

bearbacker52

Gonna have to try that loaded tater,, done heard too much about them, by chance do i need bring my own a1 steak sauce?

Proud Buckaroo

A1 is NOT needed. They will give you a big bottle of their homemade BBQ sauce and you can slather as much of if you want on it.

Wilson

bb52 your gonna be there next week?

bearbacker52

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 15, 2014, 12:13:56 am
A1 is NOT needed. They will give you a big bottle of their homemade BBQ sauce and you can slather as much of if you want on it.
wow just what i wanted to know thanks

bleudog

November 15, 2014, 04:21:10 am #9 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:32:00 am by bleudog
Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 15, 2014, 12:10:03 am
Gonna have to try that loaded tater,, done heard too much about them, by chance do i need bring my own a1 steak sauce?

Now 52, the potatoes they're posting about are made just a bit south of Stateline Road in Ward 9 so please don't "complain" if those potatoes are better than the Arkansas potatoes you're used to.  :-)

thabeast428

November 15, 2014, 05:25:52 am #10 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:39:23 am by thabeast428
Lol good one Bleu

Backwoods Bart

No injuries tonight. This Bearden team has struggled all year in part because several key Sr.s began the season, with season ending injuries. You go with the ones that get you there, until they or a doctor tell you that they can go no more. Ross's injury, & Clint Parham transferring from Bearden two weeks before the season started would be like Dancy & Armstrong for JC going down, their just irreplaceable. This team took guff at PC for not dominating the line of scrimmage, but few knew that two of their Sr. linemen were playing with knee injuries that required surgery then, but chose to put their team in front of their personal well being. No matter what the out come is next Friday in JC, this team is a bunch of winners who love the game of football.

BTW, 9th grade QB Tyler Berry received substantial game time last night and rest assured that he will fill Jamond Young's shoes and the kid can sling the rock! See everyone in JC next week!

bearbacker52

November 15, 2014, 07:53:44 am #12 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:59:41 am by bearbacker52
Quote from: bleudog on November 15, 2014, 04:21:10 am
Now 52, the potatoes they're posting about are made just a bit south of Stateline Road in Ward 9 so please don't "complain" if those potatoes are better than the Arkansas potatoes you're used to.  :-)
Very Weak BLUE surely you can come up with something more colorful, creative, than that.. I was surprised you did not use grammar. Its a 2 out of 10 in the logic department...Now, if the potatoes are better I will say they are better for sure, I will not try to lie, cheat, and steal as to say that they did not make any difference into the many pounds I accumulated on the through the years...That yalls differing of opinions, you just cant have it both ways...They are either great potatoes, or they dont make that much of a difference...In my honest opinion, If I did not eat those la potatoes, I would still have pounds but not as many....

lionfan59

I'm going to have to come watch these boys. Think I'm going to have to wait until Hazen and JC play

bearbacker52

Quote from: Wilson on November 15, 2014, 12:49:09 am
bb52 your gonna be there next week?
who you like in todays game, i say hogs by a td

Lionbro20

I got the hogs by 10.. and I believe Bearden puts up a little more fight they tend to get "angry" in the playoffs but won't be nearly enough to top the dragons JC by 35

bleudog

November 15, 2014, 09:53:46 am #16 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:34:45 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 15, 2014, 07:53:44 am
Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 15, 2014, 12:10:03 am
Quote from: bleudog on November 15, 2014, 04:21:10 am
Very Weak BLUE surely you can come up with something more colorful, creative, than that.. I was surprised you did not use grammar. Its a 2 out of 10 in the logic department...Now, if the potatoes are better I will say they are better for sure, I will not try to lie, cheat, and steal as to say that they did not make any difference into the many pounds I accumulated on the through the years...That yalls differing of opinions, you just cant have it both ways...They are either great potatoes, or they dont make that much of a difference...In my honest opinion, If I did not eat those la potatoes, I would still have pounds but not as many....

Just trying to help there 52.  If you want a Red Roof BBQ tater, you're going to go to Ward 9 to get it.  Here's a colorful picture of what to look for:

Even though it's in another state, it's within a few blocks of campus.

Now you might get a good tater, you might get an average tater or you might get a bad tater.  I've always found that how good the tater turns out has a lot to do with the cook.  Don't know if they have a cook named Carpenter or not.  If they do, it might make your chances of getting a good tater go up. ;)

Oh, I don't now about that A1 sauce but I don't think RR ferments any of their taters, so you'll have to bring your own tater whine. ;D

Based on your post though, my guess is you're just an ol' adgee-tater. 

bearbacker52

now that is a 9 of 10 response way  to go.... i am just picking no harm meant.

bleudog

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 15, 2014, 11:38:51 am
now that is a 9 of 10 response way  to go.... i am just picking no harm meant.

None taken.  I'm just an ol' spec-tater. 8)

mtindian42

usa today score predictor. jc 46 bearden 13.

Jaybo

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 16, 2014, 01:48:12 am
usa today score predictor. jc 46 bearden 13.
It might be worse than that.

war cardinals

I've been wondering this all year,my question is when was the last junction city tasted defeat at home and by who??? ???

bleudog

November 16, 2014, 05:32:44 pm #22 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:48:51 pm by bleudog
Quote from: war cardinals on November 16, 2014, 05:21:23 pm
I've been wondering this all year,my question is when was the last junction city tasted defeat at home and by who??? ???

Home semi-final playoff game against the Strong Bulldogs in 2011 (the state champion team with Dixon).

Lost a road game against Earle to open the 2012 season.

Haven't lost since.

war cardinals

That's right i cnt believe i didn't re ::)member that. Strong duh me.

war cardinals

Somebody help me.why does it say band nerd under my username i knew to this site thanks i wasn't even in the band lol

bleudog

November 16, 2014, 08:02:37 pm #25 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:19:28 pm by bleudog
Quote from: war cardinals on November 16, 2014, 07:59:53 pm
Somebody help me.why does it say band nerd under my username i knew to this site thanks i wasn't even in the band lol

Quote from: Quite Frankly on August 26, 2009, 11:46:28 am
A friendly reminder since we are at the start of a new season.  As far as I know, these are accurate.

Name             Req. posts

Band Nerd            0         
Cheerleader         10
Water Boy           20 
Bench Warmer     100
2nd String           500 
Starter               1000
All Star               2000 
Assistant Coach   3000
Head Coach         5500 
Hall of Famer       12500

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 03, 2011, 03:16:06 pm
I'm making a few changes and added a new top category.

Name             Req. posts

Band Nerd            0         
Cheerleader         10
Water Boy           20 
Bench Warmer     100
2nd String           500 
Starter               1000
All Star               2000 
Assistant Coach   3000
Head Coach         5500 
Hall of Famer       10000
Legend               15000

Four more posts and you an be a "cheerleader."

bigworm

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 15, 2014, 07:55:53 am
I'm going to have to come watch these boys. Think I'm going to have to wait until Hazen and JC play

hazen wont be playin them bro. EPC will.

war cardinals

who-knew

Quote from: bigworm on November 16, 2014, 08:17:04 pm
Quote from: lionfan59 on November 15, 2014, 07:55:53 am

hazen wont be playin them bro. EPC will.

I think your wrong about your prediction, EPC won't be able to keep up with Hazen's speed in the backfield. Gotta go with Hazen on this one 28-13.

mtindian42

coach carpenter after the game at bearden.

Wilson

November 19, 2014, 03:33:02 pm #30 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:51:34 pm by Wilson
KTBS out of Shreveport has tabbed this as their game of the week and will be broadcasting live before and after the game. . considering how big their broadcast area is covering East Texas, NW to Central Louisiana and SW Arkansas this is pretty big. . especially with all the big games going on in Shreveport this Friday night

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on November 19, 2014, 03:33:02 pm
KTBS out of Shreveport has tabbed this as their game of the week and will be broadcasting live before and aftrr the game. . considering how big their broadcadt area is covering East Texas, NW to Central Louisiana and SW Arkansas this is pretty big. . especially with all the big games going on in Shreveport this Friday night
Wow Wilson great news, that's why you're the head recruiter......

dragondad

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 19, 2014, 10:16:43 am

You missed copying the last part of that link. 

bleudog

November 19, 2014, 06:36:09 pm #33 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:44:48 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on November 19, 2014, 06:06:03 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on November 19, 2014, 10:16:43 am

You missed copying the last part of that link. 

I think  this might be what he was shooting for:

http://www.arpreps.com/junction-city-39-bearden-0/

mtindian42

bleudog

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on November 19, 2014, 03:33:02 pm
KTBS out of Shreveport has tabbed this as their game of the week and will be broadcasting live before and after the game. . considering how big their broadcast area is covering East Texas, NW to Central Louisiana and SW Arkansas this is pretty big. . especially with all the big games going on in Shreveport this Friday night
Wilson are they recording the game, doing highlights or what?????

Wilson

When they do a game of the week its their spotlight game for their hour long scoreboard show at 10:30 . .they will do a live remote before the game during their 6pm broadcast then during their scoreboard show. . its something normally reserved for teams like Longview, Carthage and Haynesville type schools. . not sure how this weather will affect it. . if the weather is bad enough it might scrap it. . which would suck seeing as they normally do a montage about the home team. . its recent history and if theirs a history between the 2 teams that too. . also they have an interview with the coach live. . hope the weather doesn't kill it

bleudog

November 21, 2014, 06:12:18 am #38 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:57:25 am by bleudog
EDNT gameday article and ad:  CLICK HERE   CLICK HERE

Hey W, tell those Channel 3 folks to come on up. The Carpenter Dome is basically a big ol' sound stage with plastic carpet.  ;D

Wilson

Welk she said they are coming up. . she didn't say anything about a possible problem with the weather but i know its caused issues before

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2014, 06:44:23 am
Welk she said they are coming up. . she didn't say anything about a possible problem with the weather but i know its caused issues before
Thanks, I definitely want to catch  it if they show......

The_Devil_Himself

It sucks that this is a 2nd round game. Should be quarters or later.

bleudog

November 21, 2014, 09:17:37 am #42 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:20:21 am by bleudog
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 21, 2014, 07:56:09 am
It sucks that this is a 2nd round game. Should be quarters or later.

I concur.

That means society must be headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. 
Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

:o

:o

dragondad

I'd much rather see them send Woodlawn home early than Bearden.... but it is, what it is.

Wilson

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2014, 09:28:47 am
Settle down Dr Venkman
You going to be at the game? I'll be setting on the 50, 2nd row bleachers with my daughter..........

Wilson

As of now the plan is to be there. . now a steady rain may change those plans ;)

Are they no longer letting folks stand on the fence anymore cuz?

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2014, 09:28:47 am
Settle down Dr Venkman

C'mon W, a Dragon fan agreeing with TDH is an epic occurance. ;D

Dragon I

LOL!  That's where half the people are Wilson.  My F-I-L and I were laughing last night about it.  Rather than building new stands, we just need to add a few more fences for people to prop up on.  Sometimes, it looks like the crowd is small, then you look down at the fence and the open area in front of the concession stand and it's packed!

Wilson

Well i had heard they were gonna try to put an end to the fence dwellers DI. .then i saw where Cuz was no longer on the fence. . at least for tonight. . and i was concerned ;)

They should put a fence in the south endzone about the same distance as the sideline fence from the line. . maybe put some short shrubs/hedges in front of it between the endzone/fence and left folks stand there

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas