• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"before the champ is crowned"

Started by bearbacker52, November 14, 2014, 03:31:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

bearbacker52

Is there another team in the state that takes players from across the border, If it is I would like to know..

AirWarren

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 17, 2014, 05:55:20 pm
Is there another team in the state that takes players from across the border, If it is I would like to know..

Shiloh Christian.

cuz

First you have to build a town half on one side and then the other. Then you got to sign some contracts with the closest out of state college, then you have to get a recruiter. We were lucky on the last one Wilson already had a CPL and was getting his pilot license........ ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2014, 06:02:22 pm
First you have to build a town half on one side and then the other. Then you got to sign some contracts with the closest out of state college, then you have to get a recruiter. We were lucky on the last one Wilson already had a CPL and was getting his pilot license........ ;D

If Harding university loses this weekend, des arc will be better next week if we beat Conway Christian.

Wilson

I don't recruit the kids as much as i barter with their head coaches ;)

dragondad

Quote from: Wilson on November 17, 2014, 09:02:24 pm

Don't forget offering their parents employment in our booming commercial and industrial areas.

Old Scrapper

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on November 17, 2014, 09:04:54 pm

Don't forget offering their parents employment in our booming commercial and industrial areas.

Wasn't aware that mowing the football field(soon to be the Artificial Turf Crew, Right?) was considered an Industrial job :D

dragondad

Quote from: HF on November 17, 2014, 09:27:14 pm

Wasn't aware that mowing the football field(soon to be the Artificial Turf Crew, Right?) was considered an Industrial job :D

Turf? We're going full on bowl stadium that'll make the Superdome look like the Mediocre-dome.

Dang....the Saints already done that.

cuz

HF if I didn't know you better I'd think you're making fun of are Industrial Park............ ;D

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2014, 09:36:53 pm

HF if I didn't know you better I'd think you're making fun of are Industrial Park............ ;D

Yeah, we have a sawmill on both ends of town and a bingo hall in the middle!

Wilson

The standing offer is a pulpwood truck in every driveway. . .entrepreneurial, small business, start up (that's if it starts on cold mornings)  . . or better yet. . the American dream is what's waiting for you in JC

HorseFeathers

I could have went with....I wasn't aware the repainting the state championships sign at the City Limits was considered a Commercial Job :D

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 18, 2014, 10:22:45 pm

I could have went with....I wasn't aware the repainting the state championships sign at the City Limits was considered a Commercial Job :D
It isn't..... ;D

Wilson

I believe thebid on that job was accepted and contracted out back in 03 . . still got another 18 years pn it till it comes up for bid again ;)

dragondad

I heard the local debate was one of two things;

1. to remove it since it seemed redundant to have that sign and the Welcome to Junction City sign, or
2. To install a digital sign that was more easily updated since they were running out of room and looking at having to upgrade to a full size billboard.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on November 19, 2014, 10:10:53 am
I heard the local debate was one of two things;

1. to remove it since it seemed redundant to have that sign and the Welcome to Junction City sign, or
2. To install a digital sign that was more easily updated since they were running out of room and looking at having to upgrade to a full size billboard.
I vote 2 time to catch up......

bearbacker52

the only problem you guys have is the long drive to war memorial, and yall do that quite well, so i dont think yall worried about a sign.

dragondad

Quote from: bearbacker52 on November 19, 2014, 06:59:29 pm
the only problem you guys have is the long drive to war memorial, and yall do that quite well, so i dont think yall worried about a sign.

It'd be easier if we had some of those charter busses that Walnut Ridge had last Friday.

Wilson

They had a bunch of those coach busses back in 2012 when they came to JC. . somebody has some deep pockets up there

dragondad

Quote from: Wilson on November 19, 2014, 08:06:37 pm
They had a bunch of those coach busses back in 2012 when they came to JC. . somebody has some deep pockets up there

They had three or four last week. Every kid must have had their own four seat section. No jealousy here, they had a long hard trip and deserved some fine comforts. They never gave up, regardless of what the scored looked like.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

IF, des arc gets to come down there, i bet its on a yellowish orangeish blue bird. 🚌🚌🚌

bleudog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 19, 2014, 09:24:57 pm
IF, des arc gets to come down there, i bet its on a yellowish orangeish blue bird. 🚌🚌🚌

'ell yea. ;D

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on November 19, 2014, 09:40:58 pm

'ell yea. ;D

Where's the Eagles...... ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2014, 09:50:02 pm
Quote from: bleudog on November 19, 2014, 09:40:58 pm

'ell yea. ;D

Where's the Eagles...... ;D

Hey, thats last years bus. Now i know why we got beat by 60, y'all see that flat tire on the front?  That explains everything! Dag nabbit.

bearbacker52

where is this bus at? it would make a heck of a party buss

bleudog

It would definately do some damage to an over watered field. :-)

bearbacker52

cuz

Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 03, 2014, 06:33:15 pm
so earle has a chance?
Every team has a chance, just for most it's slim to none........

THA TRUTH

No some teams have no chance to win and for 2a none have a chance

Sick Dog

Then why won't yall step and play up a classification? You will find out it ain't so easy. Ask Shiloh and now Greenwood who are finding out the hard way. So be careful what you wish for or think you wish for.

THA TRUTH

Lions84

It seems that Carpenter is having a great run of Talent at JC.  He struggled when he was at Clarendon and I know it was we been down talent wise since Tank and Ced got out over 12 years ago.  Dad says we have too much talent just roaming the halls. 

Wilson

That's part of what makes Carpenters teams so goid. . and its not just Coach Carpenter. . you go to any successful program over the years. . not only do they have good coaches who can coach the game.   but they have the ability to get kids to buy in to the program . . gets the participation rate up. . as with bigger schools that have higher numbers. . the more kids on the field the better. . once you get them out for the team.   then the teaching begins. . if a team has a run of bad seasons it takes a while for a new coach to get the kids back out. . .

and for the folks saying JC should move up. . after this years Sr's graduate JC's not gonna be the dominant team they have been this season.   they will still be a contender . . but not the prohibitive favorite for the title. .

big E

Well rat farts that wont be any fun wilson can't you redshirt them boys.lol

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 03, 2014, 06:52:30 pm
2a none have a chance
its and up hill climb...for the remaining contenders...but to say that they don't have a chance...is not THA TRUTH... its going to come down to how these coaches approach this challenge...not to lose by 60...are they coming to win...the time to be scared is over...ITS NOW ARE NEVER...WHO WANTS IT MORE

Wilson

Well big E. . We do have a redshirt program. . but its that the La Tech redshirts are bussed north 45 miles and play for JC. . i might have to eat my words on the whole dominant thing. . just depends on the kinda Class Tech signs this year. . so Dancy may get to play for the Dragons again next year . .just depends on if Dixon returns for his Dr year and if the RB depth is about the same as this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas